Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,481 members, 7,819,753 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

How Can I Make My Wife Happy Again? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Can I Make My Wife Happy Again? (24542 Views)

How To Become Happy Again After A Break Up / How Can I Cope And Be Happy Again After A Broken Relationship / How To Overcome A Heartbreak And Be Happy Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Make My Wife Happy Again? by lemmycop: 7:51pm On Nov 05, 2009
Making a woman happy again especially when she is down is quiet difficult but just keep trying by doing those things U know she enjoys U doing. Good luck bro smiley
Re: How Can I Make My Wife Happy Again? by Macgreat(m): 8:09pm On Nov 05, 2009
*nodes*
Re: How Can I Make My Wife Happy Again? by rasputinn(m): 10:13pm On Nov 05, 2009
Why you dey ask,every wife has a pin code,type in hers and press enter,you know what I mean
Re: How Can I Make My Wife Happy Again? by divchynka(f): 10:45pm On Nov 05, 2009
Tell her that you see, that something wrong, but dont push and ask why. She will see that you take care of her and polite her freedom. Don't try to be beter than you are. Just be with her without any sweet words an presents. Show her that you feel her.
Re: How Can I Make My Wife Happy Again? by Akuviv: 11:18pm On Nov 05, 2009
You are very wonderful,selfless and loving.

You have to pray for your wife sice you mentioned that she lost a loved one. It is natural to feel hurt so make know it is okay to mourn but at the same time help her move on gradually to living her life without the guilt that comes with losing a close relative/friend. ASK GOD TO HEAL EVERY WOUND AND COMFORT HER.

You could get her book about her situation ;losing someone,pressures at work,depression and mood swings as the case may be.

Listening to CECE WINAN'S song titled COMFORTER did me a lot of good.

At the moment she MAY not be fully interested in sex, let her know you love and care nevertheless. When I lost my friend,I was hurt badly. Thoughts of her kept coming to my mind even during intercourse with my husband ! A part of me felt guilty but over time I moved on. This may not be her case.

Talk and listen to her. Be her friend and even pamper. Play with her and bring out that 'little girl' found in every woman. Gifts (not necessarily expensive, you jnow what she likes), music and a little get away i.e a very good distraction. Do something different from the normal family routine. I hope this will jolt her back to her real self.

GOD BE WITH YOU. AMEN
Re: How Can I Make My Wife Happy Again? by NegroNtns(m): 11:39pm On Nov 05, 2009
What's her zodiac sign? I got something for you for her.
Re: How Can I Make My Wife Happy Again? by NegroNtns(m): 1:29am On Nov 06, 2009
In case I miss your response this weekend. . .there's nothing wrong with depression, its part of the ebb flow in life. There's an up and there's a down. What is bad is when a depressed person stays perpetually in that state and their energy flattens out, instead of recovering. Dont force her out of it. Allow her to self-recover.

Often times, and by natural design, . . .in preparation for a new growth or change, a person would involutarily be thrown into a depression. As they start to recover, the change merges in, unnoticed, with their new strength and the person is able to give life to that change and manifest it. This was my reason for asking the sign. . .

Here is what you can do to support her self-recovery. . .

If she is a water sign (Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces) use melody. Play a lot of sweet and slow music. . .definitely no jazz and no classic, nothing instrumental! Try something like this . . .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tkx0p06WnPQ. If she gets up to dance dont wait for invitation. . .take the hint.

If she is fire sign (Aries, Leo, Sagittarius) use comedy. Rent some comedy dvds she has not seen or she had seen and loved. If you can afford it take her out to see a play. If you are good at comedy, put on a show for her yourself grin

If she is earth sign (Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn) use tactic. If you have had an idea at home or work that bothered you lately, give it to her. Tell her you are lost on what to do to get a solution and you wonder if she has any thoughts. She will jump on it. . I see where many people already advised you to give your ears and let her talk and vent. . .well, thats what you must do here.

If she air sign (Gemini, Libra, Aquarius) use strategy. Invite friends over, the more the better. Create a mentally challenging scene and make sure the topic of discussion is agreed upon before hand. . .try politics. human suffering, injustice, children abuse, women abuse. . . something to make her think she is saving the world with her ideas. But be prepared. . .at the end of the evening she might start writing those ideas for a new book.

Your wife is lucky. . and you are a very decent man. You dont mop floors or bake cookies at home do you?
Re: How Can I Make My Wife Happy Again? by sexyLeamon(f): 3:57am On Nov 06, 2009
That's a pretty vague question. Happy in what way? is it emotionally, mentally, physically, spiritually, or financially? There are always two sides to a story. Does she have ample reasons on your part that is not making her happy? Have you talked to her about how she feels or what you perceive how she feels? Communication is the most important in regards to resloving problems. It helps because you see how the other person feels and for all we know we may be guilty of things we weren't even aware of until it's brought to our attention. Be honest with yourself and be ready to compromise and be willing to do what it takes as long it doesn't compromise the marriage bond. Try to take an interest in the things she likes, be aware of her feelings, be patient with her when its that time of the month for her, comfort her when she needs you there for her, and take the lead as a husband to settle matters. that's all I can say, I can't say much, she's your wife you should know more undecided
Re: How Can I Make My Wife Happy Again? by janykute: 8:43am On Nov 06, 2009
You guys have said it all,applying one or two of those advice will definitely get her happiness back on track
Re: How Can I Make My Wife Happy Again? by koko12(m): 12:22pm On Nov 06, 2009
women love 3 things,
1 money
2pampering and comfort
3 Big dick
, figure out which she's not gettin and give it to her cool
Re: How Can I Make My Wife Happy Again? by mobby4ever(f): 12:29pm On Nov 06, 2009
Waoh!
Take her out to where she can really laugh or dance
Pick the dress she will wear for such occasion or better still take her to a boutique to buy a new dress n you will be her mirror.
ALL she needs is a treat.
Before you know it she is back to herself
you can also crack some old jokes you've shared in the past
Best of luck Good n concerned Hubby
Re: How Can I Make My Wife Happy Again? by emiemi(f): 12:32pm On Nov 06, 2009
slimes:

Talk less listen more.

Good one there.
@poster
Ask her to unburden her little thots to you no matter how inconsequential
she might regard it every day. Listen deeply to understand. Then act based
on what she told you. Demand from her what she wants/needs and then do
it. Soon you will get her to 'overcome' those lows she's presently passing tru.

I must say you are a good guy for noticing the change. I also hope you did
not cheat on her because that's one sure way to get a woman depressed
especially when she has been faithful and doing everything for the guy.

Wish you well.
Re: How Can I Make My Wife Happy Again? by desthan(m): 12:46pm On Nov 06, 2009
sexyLeamon:

That's a pretty vague question. Happy in what way? is it emotionally, mentally, physically, spiritually, or financially? There are always two sides to a story. Does she have ample reasons on your part that is not making her happy? Have you talked to her about how she feels or what you perceive how she feels? Communication is the most important i[/b]n regards to resloving problems. It helps because you see how the other person feels and for all we know we may be guilty of things we weren't even aware of until it's brought to our attention. [b]Be honest with yourself and be ready to compromise and be willing to do what it takes as long it doesn't compromise the marriage bond. Try to take an interest in the things she likes, be aware of her feelings, be patient with her when its that time of the month for her, comfort her when she needs you there for her, and take the lead as a husband to settle matters. that's all I can say, I can't say much, she's your wife you should know more undecided

well spoken sexyleamon, well done

@poster, you see a woman's heart is a deep ocean of secrets, the reason for her unhappiness could be, maybe her past, or somthing she did in your absence and afraid to tell you for fear of your re-action, or maybe she isn't satisfied financially/sexually, or stimulated mentally or emotionally. Maybe you fight/argue constantly over little or no issues or you don't give her much attention which may eventually lead to her cheating on you cause inevitably she will meet someone that makes her feel "alive". She will meet someone that makes her feel good, special, loved, respected, desirable etc, then when she comes back home, she becomes depressed. It could also be a weakness in her which she is unable to share for the fear of being rejected, so you must be able to play the accommodating husband by bringing your vulnerability to bear, thereby lowering your defense so that she can come in.

There's something she's not happy / satisfied about, and/or wants to complain about and when they (women) are in this mood, they don't come out clean or go straight to the point, rather they keep going in circles like an aircraft trying to gain momentum before taking off. The demise of a close relative is not enough reason for her to be down. You see women are more discerning and calculative than men and they handle psychological pains much more than us. So you must be very sensitive in dealing with this. Before taking taking her out, doing long/short vacation etc, identify what's the true reason for her being unhappy, then you'll know where to go from there. Place more emphasis on the bolded part of sexyleamon's post, you can never go wrong there.

All the best bru
Re: How Can I Make My Wife Happy Again? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Nov 06, 2009
Take her for a weekend away from her normal environment. Take her somewhere romantic and quiet, dont let her do anything throughout, just spoil her and pamper her. Losing a loved one is hard but nothing makes u feel better than having someone that makes you feel your time on earth is worthwhile. You are a good husband. Thanks on behalf of many women
Re: How Can I Make My Wife Happy Again? by sleak(m): 1:32pm On Nov 06, 2009
koko 1:

women love 3 things,
1 money
2pampering and comfort
3 Big privates
enuff said grin grin grin grin
give all of the above at once. wink wink wink
Re: How Can I Make My Wife Happy Again? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Nov 06, 2009
koko 1:

women love 3 things,
1 money
2pampering and comfort
3 Big privates
grin grin grin grin
Re: How Can I Make My Wife Happy Again? by sayso: 2:09pm On Nov 06, 2009
for a woman who was happy in her marriage to suddenly become sad/depressed that is trouble.@poster let me ask you some few questions

(1)is the house finance ok not comparing with neighbor

(2) How long have you been married to your wife/when did the sadness  actually started, is it before the dead relative or after

(3) Do you guys have kid(s)

(4) Is any of your relatives leaving with you

(5)Is any of your wife relative(s) needing help and not being attended to

Women can be funny to get answer(s) for unimportant   things
Re: How Can I Make My Wife Happy Again? by teamo: 3:28pm On Nov 06, 2009
I really appreciate U as a Man, not an ordinary man but a very responsible one. Well do as the whole house have advised most especially "gouye".I pray that what step U take works for U .Keep it up Dear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: How Can I Make My Wife Happy Again? by PCbusayo(f): 3:33pm On Nov 06, 2009
I really appreciate U as a Man, not an ordinary man but a very responsible one. Well do as the whole house have advised most especially "gouye".I pray that what step U take works for U .Keep it up Dear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cool
Re: How Can I Make My Wife Happy Again? by smurf1(f): 5:02pm On Nov 06, 2009
whatever rocks your boat! undecided
Re: How Can I Make My Wife Happy Again? by lawrence83: 6:37pm On Nov 06, 2009
its natural, Jst take your time.

she will definitely go back to the statuo quo.
Re: How Can I Make My Wife Happy Again? by Fhemmmy: 8:08pm On Nov 06, 2009
Celebrate her.
Take her away to take some break from it all.
Make her feel like a woman and you will get your wife back
Re: How Can I Make My Wife Happy Again? by sammyzacks(m): 7:06am On Nov 07, 2009
Create atmosphere for heart felt communication. Be sensitive and encourage her to open up. Motivate her and give her reasons to cheer up. Take her out and lure her into having good sex with you.
Re: How Can I Make My Wife Happy Again? by finemocha(f): 1:57am On Nov 08, 2009
when she comes home have dinner waiting for her, then give her a bath. after that massage her feet while u ask her how her day went. plus flowers and presents might help to
Re: How Can I Make My Wife Happy Again? by Alxmyr(m): 3:01am On Nov 08, 2009
I think a little vacation (maybe a weekend) outskirt the city for the two of you only will help relieve her stress. Allow her to pour her mind and if she want to wail or cry (most especially because of the loss of the loved one) let her. It is your responsibility to put smile on her face again.
Best of luck.

teamo:

U dey call another woman's husband dear, na so una dey start,
Re: How Can I Make My Wife Happy Again? by oladaponiy(m): 3:25pm On Nov 10, 2009
lets talk jare
Re: How Can I Make My Wife Happy Again? by Jensenson: 5:16pm On Nov 10, 2009
Being possessive (Too Hot) is not considered caring. Woman need a man who can give them enough care and concern but not to the extend of controlling everything in her life. This problem has also been one of the factors to divorce. However, not showing enough interest (Too Cold) in what your wife is doing can also disfavor the marriage as you are not giving them enough attention. This is one of the common reason that wife fall in love with another man as they feel lonely and needy.

Make Your Wife Hot: My Blog
Re: How Can I Make My Wife Happy Again? by Amjustme: 11:49am On Nov 11, 2009
Do all the good things suggested on this thread if u r sure u hv not offended her.

Maybe u cheated on her/ put ur family ahead of her(inlaws), or smtin she is holding against u. Have u made a decision that pleased only urself witout thinking of her or what she feels about it?

Think about these n if nothing as such, talk with her; take her to a place away from home where d only person she has to face is u, no house chores to cover up with. Everything would be settled.

May GOD's peace envelop ur wife n family.
Re: How Can I Make My Wife Happy Again? by MissyB1(m): 12:22pm On Nov 11, 2009
This is so sweet of You. She must be a lucky woman. cool

Why don't You both take sometime off? Like go somewhere (outta the house)
and be alone while You reassure her that You still love and care about her.
Re: How Can I Make My Wife Happy Again? by stede(m): 3:24am On Nov 12, 2009
TAKE TIME TO ASK ABOUT HER THE BURDENS SO THAT YOU CAN KNOW WHAT, WHERE & WHEN EXACTLY SOMETHING IS WRONG
Re: How Can I Make My Wife Happy Again? by true2u(f): 12:10pm On Nov 12, 2009
my friend read psalm 91 with her, so everything bad or evil or sick departs from you guys and your family, tell her you are a proud husband, give her hugs and kiss to her, take her out of town for an intire day, and love her, love her as the Lord asked you to do, she is not departed from you, she just needs time to digest what lately happened to her,
bless you

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Are Most Nigerian Guys So Wicked And Silly / This Is The Funniest Thing I’ve Seen Today ;D / Should My Cousin Continue With Her Or End It Mutually Right Now?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.