Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement (131898 Views)

“Why Niger Delta Will Vote Buhari For Second Term In 2019” – Richard Kpodoh / Niger Deltans Protest "Intimidation Of Jonathan By Buhari, DSS & EFCC" (Pics) / Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (85) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by Nobody: 10:03pm On Nov 20, 2016
Olu20090:

Lol...hope you know I speak yoruba fluently more than you?
Yes
Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by Fremancipation: 10:04pm On Nov 20, 2016
The day IPOB will stop including the non-Igbos in the south south is the day I will swear my allegiance to them.

But for now I will continue to sit on the fence about the movement.

Stop trying to save people who prefer to stay in bondage. It will end up getting you killed.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by MyGeneration(m): 10:05pm On Nov 20, 2016
I dont know whats giving this mumu SS people hope... an average igbo man no send una na all dz Igbos dae reason una.

Igbos stop giving some jobless people unnecessary recognition abeg.

4 Likes

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by Ngozi123(f): 10:05pm On Nov 20, 2016
ndoeyopbennet:

Leave bad-bellerism for bad-bellerers and address my issues. This is a debate.

If the Igbos were to secede then I'd prefer it if we formed our own independent nation without any minority groups. However, we should consider any minority groups that express a strong desire to join us. Those minority groups can stay in Nigeria, form their own republic or join us. It really is your decision...

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by Nobody: 10:06pm On Nov 20, 2016
waternogetenemy:
How will the so called TonyeBarcanista Ijaw manage, Benin, urhobo, itsekiri, isoko and wat eva is left over?

In fact how will these groups manage themselves?

They keep talking about Biafra but they dont even know their own faith.

The igbo man love Nigeria but is left with no choice but to find his way due to hostility and injustice.
So what are you saying, that these groups cant manage themselves, i dont blame you sha, e dey una blood

3 Likes

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by jasysandra(f): 10:07pm On Nov 20, 2016

1 Like

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by VegetarainVamp(f): 10:07pm On Nov 20, 2016
*Would you like to start making N100,000 - N150.000 with just a start up capital of N500?!!!!*.
*Yeah you heard me..just N500!!!! Using your Mobile Phone.Do it part-time**

*If you are in drop your whatsapp Number or follow this link to join my whatsapp group for free seminars*.

https:///GIeyKvTOyNRDX8YPU9Wt6l

*This is not for skeptical and bike people this is purely network marketing*
Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by Fremancipation: 10:08pm On Nov 20, 2016
Ngozi123:

If the Igbos were to secede then I'd prefer it if we formed our own independent nation without any minority groups. However, we should consider any minority group who express a strong desire to join us. Those minority groups can stay in Nigeria, form their own republic or join us. It really is your decision...

Exactly my sentiments and those of sensible Igbo folks. Leave this people out of the movement and see the movement succeed rapidly. Focus IPOB on igbos in the south east and the phantom south south.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:09pm On Nov 20, 2016
ndoeyopbennet:
More issues raised by someone else

Let us discuss this issue critically, without resorts to personal attacks. Examine the message, not the messenger.

CC CoolFreeday::
Seun, Prof800, UjSizzle, Afam4eva, Ikenna351, OAM4J, maclatunji, Ngwakwe, Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Obinoscopy, mkmyers45, Mukina2, farano, Goodboiyy, TonyeBarcanista, Ishilove, ferano, farani, pascal09, enusmith, naijacutee, puskin, Iceberylin, Englishmart, Tosyne2much, Samflexxy, Prettyjo, Samflexxy, Unibenstudent, Tonychristopher, Wonder1844, LKO, Freeemanan, Jasysandra, Jarus, Sagamite, obiagelli, beremx, cramjones, ceo4eva, whitetechnology, Ola6, Rossike, truckpusher, collynzo23, theassassin, jmaine, idumuose, Sunnybobo3, joehannibal, BlackTechnology, LeOstrich, OLADD, biafranqueen, Jmaine, Jamace, Atlwireles, Anonimi, Sunnybobo, Customized13, Opiaoku, Petrov10, gramci, Taharqa, Iamodenigbo, Arysexy, Descartes, Gh0stFreak, Shizzlestar, ujoinme, rozayx5, omenka, egift, caseless, ngeneukwenu, cleverly, Obiagelli, Berem, Iligunboy, ilungunboy, Donphilopus, Keneking, Mogidi, Barcarnista, Obiagelli, Demdem, GenBuhari, Kelsoft, Donphilopus, Koboko69, Arresa, Caseless, Gbawe, michaelsokoto, gbawe, abagworo, OrlandoOwoh, jomoh, Arewafederation, Soroptimist, Pendy79, Neenar, Desola, mizmycoli, Horus, Whitecat007, Lakpalakpa, ShehuAba, Rawani, Tribaleast, Olaaderin, Nduchucks, Lacasa, Omerta, Ilugunboy, Naptu2, Aussie, Joseph1013, Olayinka8793, MalcoImX, PassingShot, mayoroflagos, shymexx, chukwudi44, wombraiders, mudraker, bishopjuice, ghostfacekiller, chiefjusticefuk. firefire, datolee, bloodykiller, ichidodo, ratiken, dozzybaba, phockphockman, longeria, anonimi, aljharem, aryzgreat, publisher, brownlord, iconize, rigarmortis, Descartes, Ikenna351, Afam4eva, maclatunji, Ngwakwe, OAM4J, pointb, pazienza, OKDNigeria, stebell, brokenTV, longeria, rozayx5, IKJ66, swtdrms, ilugunboy, Mogidi, Elslim, bitterleafsoup, Descartes, Kenai, Flets Severussnape, whynhetruth, Arizona123, Ozaokpe, Dearpreye, megawax8, cyberwolf, modath, exxell, bishopmagic, erunz, IsrealiAirforce, lovat, nigerianvenom, Allosaurus, Cyberdurable, Illiad

1)Why are we loving the Igbo more than they love themselves? Can you cry more than bereaved? What's your headache if they leave and how they survive or die? smh

2) Let's stop celebrating ignorance. If Igbo leave today, they will simply become another new member(16th or so) of ECOWAS countries. ECOWAS treaty allow for FREE ENTRY and EXIT for all member countries including in trade and investment.

3) Property is legal acquisition which can't be taken away at the whims and caprices of hooligans. There are laws which will be made and respected. On disintegration, mode of separation and handover in new nations are discussed and implemented....it may take months or upto a year to conclude such . There are existing legal system guiding such process and issue.

4) Migration can't be stopped because of birth of new countries. Borders are open for all including for any migrant Igbo...by virtue of existing laws which are binding on all.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by amachuk(m): 10:10pm On Nov 20, 2016
pazienza:
Let me book this space, just incase.

1. Biafra proposes a form of government where each province Will have total control of her resources and only contribute to the centre.
In Biafra, smaller groups like Oron, Eket, Andoni can unite and have their own province with full resource control and pay tax to the central government.
There won't be any land use decree.
IPOB had stressed on this times without number. Even Ojukwu Biafra was divided into provinces,with non Igbo speaking tribes having their own distinct provinces with indigenous administrators.
You need nobody to checkmate Igbos under such arrangement.
And moreover, naturally, Igbos exist in clans that do checkmated each other, ther have never in history being a period when Igbo groups United to conquer a non Igbo speaking people.

2. Why should where the capital location be an issue since it's not going to be a case where people were milked dry so that FG and go build up Lagos and Abuja?
It will be all province for themselves.
We can apply the three capital system of RSA. The legislative in one Province, the judiciary will be hosted by another province and the Executive by another, all these can be negotiated.

3. This is totally irrelevant. Truth remains that Ndiigbo had never annexed non Igbo lands in the past. Arochukwu was only one that was annexed, but when you factor in the fact that Arochukwu was won by a union of Aro, Ibibio and Akpa( Ekoid) people, then it could hardly be termed annexation.
Ndiigbo are not empire builders. Annexation and expansionism is not our trait. We are republicans by nature.
No Nigerian state government was ever going to approve being part of Biafra, even. Enugu state government denied Biafra. So citing Delta state government response is quite irrelevant to the issue of Biafra. Nobody expected any different response. But IPOB and their Biafran ideology is well received by the commoners in Enu ani, which is why Asaba is an IPOB stronghold.

4. This again is a trivial matter. Each province will have their own language and English as their official language.
English will remain the lingua franca.
But this is quite funny. You are scared of an Igbo national language, but comfortable with an English non African lingual franca.

The scenario you painted Of someone being denied position because of ethnicity will not happen with the structure Biafra intends to run on. The provinces will be stronger and more lucrative than the centre. It won't be the case of Nigeria.
Moreover, I personally don't subscribe to a Biafra with Ijaw, Edo and Edoids( Urhobo, Itsekiri, Isoko), when I think of Biafra, I think of Igbo, Igboids and AkwaCross, cos these are people we share similar ideologies with.

Infact, I'm only replying you because you stated that you are from AkwaCross area .
So my use of Biafra during the course of my reply represents strictly Igbo, Igboid and AkwaCross and maybe Ogoni.

5. Igbos are often the subject of caustic attack by those groups you mentioned, which I personally don't consider part of Biafra.
Go to Ijaw facebook pages, Radio Niger Delta, and even here in NL and see the amount of hatred towards Ndiigbo emanating from those quarters.
How many times have you seen Igbos hurl insults at AkwaCross people? Rarely. Why? Because you hardly get Igbophobia in AkwaCross area. AkwaCross people are all over Aba, they understand the Igboman and the Igbo man understand them, they don't show us hate, and in return we don't show them hate.

This generation Of Ndiigbo know better. We will not allow Igbophobic elements whether from
Ijaw, Edo, Edoids or Yoruba go unpunished. We will reply them with so much hate that even lucifer will marvel. Actions must be met with reactions.
So, if you think we are hurling insults on those children of hate, then you are John snow, cos what you are seeing is only just the beginning.
Peeps must be forced to learn that Igbophobia will not be tolerated by Ndiigbo, simple.
I have no intent of sharing Biafra with those people, it's only natural that they stick to their Arewa masters, you know what they say of birds of same feather. cool

6. Again Nnamdi had made it clear he has no political ambitions in Biafra. Even if he does, the kind of structure Biafra intends to run on will make the centre only ceremonial, it won't be same all powerful Nigerian president.
Ndiigbo had no problem with Obong of Calabar rulling the Eastern region house of Chiefs ahead of Eze Nri , Ex aro, Obi of Onitsha, Igwe Nnewi, etc. We had no problem with Eyo ita ruling the Eastern region , Adaka was voted by Ndiigbo in UNN as the SUG president, we voted a Fulani as the first Mayor of Enugu, we all voted an Ogbia man, GEJ and stood by him when all abandoned him even Ijaw men like Clark abandoned him since.

We are more than capable of voting non Igbos.
By the way, remove Urhobo here, I don't consider them part of Biafra.

7. How exactly are Igbo leaders the most corrupt in the country? What did you smoke?

Are thieves like Ibori, Amaechi, Silva, Is Abacha, Obj, IBB Igbos? Please don't provoke me with this Igbophobic statement, cause you won't like the outcome.

Biafran will be structured in such a way that government will be too close to the people. No more Abuja jamboree, that alone will curb the excesses of the politicians. They will be under closer scrutiny by their people,and since each province is going to be ran by what they produce, it will force leaders to think outside the box.
The abrogation of the dubious Obj created land use decree will hand the lands back to the natives and the government must serve the owners of the land and not the other way round. All these will change the political orientation and task leaders to be more productive and transparent to earn the people support.
you are a genius

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:10pm On Nov 20, 2016
waternogetenemy:

[s]Dis guy keeps sounding ridiculous by the day. Wat do u call the bombing of oil infrastructure? love making or heaven?

Are u more Ijaw than Asari Dokunbo or Tompolo and NDA? Do u know their position on Biafra?

Anyway, we pray that Nigeria starts to work and get things right before and after 2019, else Biafra will be a reality, with ijaw or no ijaw.

One thing is certain, all Igbo and igboid groups are automatically Biafrans, no need to hold referendum there.
[/s]
Clown, Tompolo only few months ago pledged support NIGER DELTA and Nigeria Project
http://www.herald.ng/tompolos-letter-buhari-support-jonathan-not-hate/

NDA only few weeks ago pledged support for Nigeria project.... EVEN in the height of their struggle, they keep saying "Niger Delta".

Asari is a businessman using Biafra to gain patronage. His grandfather supported Biafra and was dealt with by Kalabari people.... Even in Egypt, a minority (0.00001%) followed the Hebrews out of Egypt.

All militants leaders dissociated from Biafra. Sorry....

8 Likes

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by pchukwudi: 10:11pm On Nov 20, 2016
The other time you claimed that folks were discriminating you. But by your response below (to the person who suggested that igbos are the biggest group in the South South) it's now clear to me that you are the one that isolate yourself from igbos.

jasysandra:
DRY angry

5 Likes

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by waternogetenemy: 10:14pm On Nov 20, 2016
AjiereTuwo:

So what are you saying, that these groups cant manage themselves, i dont blame you sha, e dey una blood

No the problem is TonyeBarcanista, if he is really ijaw, which i doubt.

In the eventuality of Biafra seceding from Nigeria, all the igbo and igboid group are together, that is not negotiable.

Ibibio and Efik are gone too, becos they are even more Biafrans than Igbos.

The real question then is, where does that leave ijaw agenda as TonyeBarcanista put it?

How will the ijaw agenda manage Benin agenda and urhobo agenda or is it itsekiri agenda, illaje and ishan agenda, coupled with the interfering yoruba agenda?

Ijaws are wise enough to know where their interest lies and any betrayal of the Biafra project will be unforgiveable.

They really will be at the mercy of all the aforementioned group.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by ndoeypbennet: 10:19pm On Nov 20, 2016
Whynotthetruth:

1)Why are we loving the Igbo more than they love themselves? Can you cry more than bereaved? What's your headache if they leave and how they survive or die? smh

2) Let's stop celebrating ignorance. If Igbo leave today, they will simply become another new member(16th or so) of ECOWAS countries. ECOWAS treaty allow for FREE ENTRY and EXIT for all member countries including in trade and investment.

3) Property is legal acquisition which can't be taken away at the whims and caprices of hooligans. There are laws which will be made and respected. On disintegration, mode of separation and handover in new nations are discussed and implemented....it may take months or upto a year to conclude such . There are existing legal system guiding such process and issue.

4) Migration can't be stopped because of birth of new countries. Borders are open for all including for any migrant Igbo...by virtue of existing laws which are binding on all.

I have no issue(s) with Igbo people or their entry/exit, etc. My ancestral homeland (Akwa Ibom) was included in the map of Biafra. It behoves me to ask salient questions and if you are for my good, please address them.

8 Likes

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by Ngozi123(f): 10:20pm On Nov 20, 2016
Fremancipation:

Exactly my sentiments and those of sensible Igbo folks. Leave this people out of the movement and see the movement succeed rapidly. Focus IPOB on igbos in the south east and the phantom south south.

I agree. I know that this opinion will offend some people but I just want us to avoid as many problems as possible. It'll be easier to govern a homogenous state as we won't have to spend time having to quell some of the anti-Igbo sentiments some of these groups have.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by pchukwudi: 10:21pm On Nov 20, 2016
Tonye, this will be the last time I will qoute you on this forum (unless you turn a new leaf).

I don't know how you could not notice this, but your choice of words these days shows a man who has no regard for his reputation.

I know the forum is anonymous, but maybe taking a long break will cleanse you of bitterness and fill you with new perspective on issues. More importantly, it will give you the wisdom of letting issues slide without saying a word in retaliation. Trust me.

TonyeBarcanista:
[/s]
Clown, Tompolo only few months ago pledged support NIGER DELTA and Nigeria Project
http://www.herald.ng/tompolos-letter-buhari-support-jonathan-not-hate/

NDA only few weeks ago pledged support for Nigeria project.... EVEN in the height of their struggle, they keep saying "Niger Delta".

Asari is a businessman using Biafra to gain patronage. His grandfather supported Biafra and was dealt with by Kalabari people.... Even in Egypt, a minority (0.00001%) followed the Hebrews out of Egypt.

All militants leaders dissociated from Biafra. Sorry....

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:21pm On Nov 20, 2016
ndoeypbennet:

I have no issue(s) with Igbo people or their entry/exit, etc. My ancestral homeland (Akwa Ibom) was included in the map of Biafra. It behoves me to ask salient questions and if you are for my good, please address them.

Good...I already addressed your question...or is their any other one?
Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by Fremancipation: 10:22pm On Nov 20, 2016
When Nnamdi Kanu is released, I will write him a letter explaining to him why he needs to focus the movement on igbos only.

He should also have an "open door policy" for non- Igbo groups in the south south who don't want to be left in Nigeria to join.

But his movement will only succeed if he just focus on Igbo. The Niger deltans are becoming an unnecessary distraction.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by Nebuchadnezar: 10:24pm On Nov 20, 2016
[s]
TonyeBarcanista:
I am not for or against anybody having their own country, what I am 100% sure of is that Ijaw nation and the entire Niger Delta is not and will never be part of any ipob Biafra.

I wish Agitators good luck!

BTW Do we still have Biafra agitators? I thought they have now collapsed their Biafra dream to be campaigning for Atiku? cheesy

Indeed, the Indigenous People of Delusion (IPOD) are confused.

CAVEAT:
By Ipod I'm referring to those aggressive and bitter bunch of internet trolls and not the great Igbo nation.
[/s]

trash can

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by Technocracy: 10:24pm On Nov 20, 2016
I dont join issues with ill concieved postulations filled with naivity and total ignorance even barcanista is speaking for ijaws smh igbos did not create biafra but biafra existed even before the creation of Nigeria

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by Nobody: 10:25pm On Nov 20, 2016
ndoeyopbennet:

Address the issues raised first. Trust me when I say 80% of Niger Deltans MAY opt to stay in NIGERIA!
have you lived in the east before ??..you raised no issues ...do yourself a favour get a ledger , go to the markets in rivers ,delta ,akwa Ibom ,bayelsa and cross river and conduct a survey personally ...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:27pm On Nov 20, 2016
ndoeyopbennet:

Address the issues raised first. Trust me when I say 80% of Niger Deltans MAY opt to stay in NIGERIA!

I wonder how you got this statistics...Anyway, take time to read the Biafra charter, and their other documents...Most if not all of your fears above have already been addressed...so why go over if again here? pick the document it is on Google...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by Nebuchadnezar: 10:29pm On Nov 20, 2016
Fremancipation:
The day IPOB will stop including the non-Igbos in the south south is the day I will swear my allegiance to them.

But for now I will continue to sit on the fence about the movement.

Stop trying to save people who prefer to stay in bondage. It will end up getting you killed.

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by mathy001: 10:31pm On Nov 20, 2016
pazienza:
Let me book this space, just incase.

1. Biafra proposes a form of government where each province Will have total control of her resources and only contribute to the centre.
In Biafra, smaller groups like Oron, Eket, Andoni can unite and have their own province with full resource control and pay tax to the central government.
There won't be any land use decree.
IPOB had stressed on this times without number. Even Ojukwu Biafra was divided into provinces,with non Igbo speaking tribes having their own distinct provinces with indigenous administrators.
You need nobody to checkmate Igbos under such arrangement.
And moreover, naturally, Igbos exist in clans that do checkmated each other, ther have never in history being a period when Igbo groups United to conquer a non Igbo speaking people.

2. Why should where the capital location be an issue since it's not going to be a case where people were milked dry so that FG and go build up Lagos and Abuja?
It will be all province for themselves.
We can apply the three capital system of RSA. The legislative in one Province, the judiciary will be hosted by another province and the Executive by another, all these can be negotiated.

3. This is totally irrelevant. Truth remains that Ndiigbo had never annexed non Igbo lands in the past. Arochukwu was only one that was annexed, but when you factor in the fact that Arochukwu was won by a union of Aro, Ibibio and Akpa( Ekoid) people, then it could hardly be termed annexation.
Ndiigbo are not empire builders. Annexation and expansionism is not our trait. We are republicans by nature.
No Nigerian state government was ever going to approve being part of Biafra, even. Enugu state government denied Biafra. So citing Delta state government response is quite irrelevant to the issue of Biafra. Nobody expected any different response. But IPOB and their Biafran ideology is well received by the commoners in Enu ani, which is why Asaba is an IPOB stronghold.

4. This again is a trivial matter. Each province will have their own language and English as their official language.
English will remain the lingua franca.
But this is quite funny. You are scared of an Igbo national language, but comfortable with an English non African lingual franca.

The scenario you painted Of someone being denied position because of ethnicity will not happen with the structure Biafra intends to run on. The provinces will be stronger and more lucrative than the centre. It won't be the case of Nigeria.
Moreover, I personally don't subscribe to a Biafra with Ijaw, Edo and Edoids( Urhobo, Itsekiri, Isoko), when I think of Biafra, I think of Igbo, Igboids and AkwaCross, cos these are people we share similar ideologies with.

Infact, I'm only replying you because you stated that you are from AkwaCross area .
So my use of Biafra during the course of my reply represents strictly Igbo, Igboid and AkwaCross and maybe Ogoni.

5. Igbos are often the subject of caustic attack by those groups you mentioned, which I personally don't consider part of Biafra.
Go to Ijaw facebook pages, Radio Niger Delta, and even here in NL and see the amount of hatred towards Ndiigbo emanating from those quarters.
How many times have you seen Igbos hurl insults at AkwaCross people? Rarely. Why? Because you hardly get Igbophobia in AkwaCross area. AkwaCross people are all over Aba, they understand the Igboman and the Igbo man understand them, they don't show us hate, and in return we don't show them hate.

This generation Of Ndiigbo know better. We will not allow Igbophobic elements whether from
Ijaw, Edo, Edoids or Yoruba go unpunished. We will reply them with so much hate that even lucifer will marvel. Actions must be met with reactions.
So, if you think we are hurling insults on those children of hate, then you are John snow, cos what you are seeing is only just the beginning.
Peeps must be forced to learn that Igbophobia will not be tolerated by Ndiigbo, simple.
I have no intent of sharing Biafra with those people, it's only natural that they stick to their Arewa masters, you know what they say of birds of same feather. cool

6. Again Nnamdi had made it clear he has no political ambitions in Biafra. Even if he does, the kind of structure Biafra intends to run on will make the centre only ceremonial, it won't be same all powerful Nigerian president.
Ndiigbo had no problem with Obong of Calabar rulling the Eastern region house of Chiefs ahead of Eze Nri , Ex aro, Obi of Onitsha, Igwe Nnewi, etc. We had no problem with Eyo ita ruling the Eastern region , Adaka was voted by Ndiigbo in UNN as the SUG president, we voted a Fulani as the first Mayor of Enugu, we all voted an Ogbia man, GEJ and stood by him when all abandoned him even Ijaw men like Clark abandoned him since.

We are more than capable of voting non Igbos.
By the way, remove Urhobo here, I don't consider them part of Biafra.

7. How exactly are Igbo leaders the most corrupt in the country? What did you smoke?

Are thieves like Ibori, Amaechi, Silva, Is Abacha, Obj, IBB Igbos? Please don't provoke me with this Igbophobic statement, cause you won't like the outcome.

Biafran will be structured in such a way that government will be too close to the people. No more Abuja jamboree, that alone will curb the excesses of the politicians. They will be under closer scrutiny by their people,and since each province is going to be ran by what they produce, it will force leaders to think outside the box.
The abrogation of the dubious Obj created land use decree will hand the lands back to the natives and the government must serve the owners of the land and not the other way round. All these will change the political orientation and task leaders to be more productive and transparent to earn the people support.

8. Again stop dragging Edoids and Ijaws into this. You gave the impression that you are from AkwaCross area, but so far, you keep raising issues about the Edoids.
Not once have you made mention of the Oron struggle for independence , Obolo and Ibeno struggle for total control of Akwa Ibom coastline wealth, the Ekoid land disputes with Ikwo and Ezza clans of Igbo, the land disputes between Ndokis and Ibibios, these are real issues surrounding the AkwaCross Igbo relationship, instead you are focused in issues occurring in distant non related lands.
Don't give me the impression that you are an impostor claiming AkwaCross.

As for your question on utopia. Biafran will have the richest of human resources in Africa, it will have access to enormous natural gas deposits in Imo and Anambra, Coal in Enugu, crude oil reserves in Imo, Anambra, Ndoki, Etche, Asa. As well as those in AkwaCross area if you guys decide to join the party.
It will also have an enormous patriotic diaspora population spread all over the world ready to come and invest home as well as attract foreign investors, as the Biafran government will create the enabling environment for business to thrive.
The possibilities are endless.
Keeping the country peaceful is equally part of why I don't fancy having the Edoids and Ijaws in the Biafra, that will unbalance things and create chaos.

9. That is just a proposal. I don't consider Itsekiri and Urhobo parts of Biafra, any body that put then on the Biafran map is merely fishing for their reactions.

We don't share same life ideology with those people. I see no basis for unity with them. We can't be running away from a mad house( Nigeria), only to end up creating another mad house in Biafran by inviting bitter people with whom we share little with to share a nation.

When you know you are going to be running your province with whatever you produce, and that there won't be monthly allocation coming from Abuja, you wouldn't be bothered about those creating 1 million provinces for themselves, since they would have to run them with their own resources and not yours.

That's the great thing about the Biafran proposed structure. It eliminates the things that turned Nigeria into a failure.

I'm happy you removed Urhobo people from this madness. Tell your brothers to maintain that stand.

5 Likes

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by mathy001: 10:32pm On Nov 20, 2016
BADNEAT:
have you lived in the east before ??..you raised no issues ...do yourself a favour get a ledger , go to the markets in rivers ,delta ,akwa Ibom ,bayelsa and cross river and conduct a survey personally ...

NOBODY in Urhoboland wants Biafra, for your information.

2 Likes

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by mathy001: 10:33pm On Nov 20, 2016
Technocracy:
I dont join issues with ill concieved postulations filled with naivity and total ignorance even barcanista is speaking for ijaws smh igbos did not create biafra but biafra existed even before the creation of Nigeria

See this one. God created Biafra abi na? Mtchewwwwwwww!

You guys can add and divide the whole region. Just leave Urhobo-Isoko outta it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:34pm On Nov 20, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
I am not for or against anybody having their own country, what I am 100% sure of is that Ijaw nation and the entire Niger Delta is not and will never be part of any ipob Biafra.

I wish Agitators good luck!

BTW Do we still have Biafra agitators? I thought they have now collapsed their Biafra dream to be campaigning for Atiku? cheesy

Indeed, the Indigenous People of Delusion (IPOD) are confused.

CAVEAT:
By Ipod I'm referring to those aggressive and bitter bunch of internet trolls and not the great Igbo nation.

Your caveat means NOTHING because IPOB is a recognized group using its name derogatorily doesn't show common sense...

I saw your thread on ATIKU cheesy I hope when his boys bring envelope, you won't start singing ATIKU again wink

I saw you intimidating some guys with your utopian story on your integrity and how you can't be bought cheesygringrin

Did you notice Deji was in Jonathan's birthday party? cheesygringrin

Boy, I wait to see when you will grow up wink goodnight!!!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by ceaz4r(m): 10:34pm On Nov 20, 2016
OP, You have raised valid areas of concern about the Biafra as it bothers you. Now, I'm going to attempt to answer your questions.

Concern1: Biafra may not be better for Niger Deltans because Niger Deltans may end up living one form of subjugation for another... Igbo, no doubt, will be the major ethnic group if Biafra is actualised.

Answer: Ndigbo is not interested in dominating anyone or group. We have this ideology of "Live and let Live". So, major ethnic or not, we will be more concerned in developing ourselves than politics. Have you wondered why we Igbo are poor players of politics in the Nigerian context. Ndigbo view politics from the fairness angle while others see politics as a game of compromise even if it means back stabbing.

Concern 2: Where will the capital be located?

Answer: Choosing the capital of Biafra should not be a big deal. A more central state can be adopted to be the Capital. Again, heads of provinces/states can vote on a round table where the Capital should be located.

Concern 3: The issue of annexation comes to play.

Answer: You posted a map in your article. One thing I want you to note is that some of these maps being circulated may not be the official map being worked with.
Asaba, Ugheli, Agbor, etc were in the old Mid-western state and as such were not part of Biafra which comprised mainly the Old Eastern Region. Anybody can post anything on the media, but if its not from or sanctioned by the Pro-Igbo office, like IPOB, MASSOB, etc, you may jettison it.

Concern 4: What languages will be made the official languages of the new nation?

Answer: Should this be a problem? In a multi lingual state, official language becomes English.

Concern 5: What and what have Igbo nation done for Niger Deltans to gain their trust?

Answer: Honestly if by now you still don't believe you can trust Ndigbo to do as they say/promise; if you still don't believe Igbos are trust worthy people, then you can't be convinced to trust them.

Concern 6: Who will lead the new nation?
7: Still on the issue of leaders, are the new leaders going to fall from the skies or they are simply going to change addresses from Abuja to Enugu?

Answer: when people ask this question I laugh at their ignorance. Do you mean a fair and credible election can not be conducted by adults? Electoral systems that are anti rigging like 'queuing behind your candidate's representative' and be counted will be adopted. Or are you trying to say that apart from these crop of criminals in government we have today, there are no credible people left in your community that can hold elective or appointive positions?

In the proposed Biafra, every province or state or whatever you call it will be responsible for his speed and level of development. It will be a federating nation with a weak center.

I don't have to answer all your raised concerns. I believe with what I have said so far, you already have idea the direction Biafra is taking.

Cheers!!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by mathy001: 10:34pm On Nov 20, 2016
Whynotthetruth:

Good...I already addressed your question...or is their any other one?

Why are your brothers adding Urhobo-Isokoland in Biafran map?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (85) (Reply)

Meet Chioma Uzodinma, Imo First Lady (Photos) / More Revelations On Maina's Reinstatement By Sahara Reporters / Edo 2020 Governorship Election Results (INEC Portal Updates)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.