Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,330 members, 7,839,560 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before (17785 Views)

Pastor Obinim Flogs His Church Members For Having Sex Before Marriage / Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? / Stephanie Otobo: Going To Prison Was My Punishment For Having Sex With Pastor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by UyiIredi(m): 12:46am On Nov 23, 2016
Well I agree with your leaving Christianity, that's OK. But being an atheist is illogical, there's good evidence for God.
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by felixomor: 1:38am On Nov 23, 2016
LiberaDeus:

You weren't with Zuckerberg when he created Facebook. As a smart businessman I don't think he would ever want to show the bulk of his religious customers how much he detests their beliefs.

Whatever psychological problem the Op has comes from a myriad of factors including atheism. Try a Christian in Saudi Arabia and see how life goes.

In your bible, even Paul said it that at times they faced despair and hopelessness beyond description, so I guess that means Christianity causes that?

You people are still oblivious to how callous and insensitive you guys are being, you see someone down and all you can say is " serves you right atheist". Your behaviour only confirms our knowledge that your god and the power meant to emanate from your religion is all a mirage.

As for advising him, I will do it in private. You guys will attack every point made for his benefit just for your wicked pleasure. The other christian even wishes him dead from suicide.

When I point it out, you guys can't even see it.

You guys are akin to Chinese men who are lambasted for eating dogs and all they can do is wonder wtf is every one talking about.

You guys successfully carried the thread to 7 pages filled with insults and hatred for a person who rejects your beliefs then later you wonder why rational people reject your beliefs.

Please who are the "rational" people who reject the belief?

You? Or who?
Abeg. Save us the data.
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by HyDef(m): 2:28am On Nov 23, 2016
Ironic how the 'Religion' section is probably the most hate-filled.
I'll leave it to ye whether that says something.
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by otemanuduno: 4:13am On Nov 23, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Yahweh is now Satan ?

This is Catharism . The Cathars believe that the god of the old Testament is Satan and he is the creator of the physical world while the New Testament god is the true god - he is the creator of the spiritual realm . All visible matter is tainted with sin and human spirits are genderless spirits of angels trapped in the physical creation of Satan cursed to endless cycles of rebirths but would be redeemed by consolamentum.
You will still see Cataclysmic or Catarrh very soon. This is reality and not Catawhatever. Yahweh= Satan

1 Like

Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by alfarouq(m): 5:42am On Nov 23, 2016
otemanuduno:
You will still see Cataclysmic or Catarrh very soon. This is reality and not Catawhatever. Yahweh= Satan
Sir otemundo, you never miss this type of thteads angry grin shocked cool
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by alfarouq(m): 5:56am On Nov 23, 2016
I am gonna ask you to lay your hands on all the books you can get, it really serves to reduce loneliness.
About the part of rejecting God, I think you still need to open your mind, read all religious scriptures you can get your hands on, whether the Bible, the Quran, the Veda or the Talmud and read with a sceptic but open mind. After doing that you can make your decisions.
I pray you get what you looking for and your loneliness transformed into fullness.

1 Like

Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by hopefulLandlord: 6:24am On Nov 23, 2016
LiberaDeus:

You religious people are wicked, predatory liars

Let me list some unhappy, unfulfilled atheists

Mark Zuckerberg
Steve Jobs[ RIP]
Antonio Banderas
Wole Soyinka
Bill Maher
Julianne Moore

Am sure they are all unfulfilled and suffering depression

http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/watchman-on-the-wall/42063-why-are-so-many-pastors-committing-suicide

The link above shows how happy the champions of your faith are and how their happiness is leading to suicide amongst them.

If you religious people are happy because of religion then why such a love for everything secular, you guys love secular music more than gospel music, you guys love secular outings more than religious outing, you guys struggle to deny yourselves of secular pleasures and also struggle to increase your desire for godly things.

The OP has issues and the best you can do is to tell him how his atheism affects him.

How would i look if I see someone diagnosed with HIV and instead of counseling the person I now tell the person " where is your god now, why can't he help you". How callous would that be? That's exactly how you christards sound on this thread.

No wonder Mahatma Gandhi said " I like your Christ but I don't like your Christians"

good one

1 Like

Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by jonbellion(m): 6:32am On Nov 23, 2016
HyDef:
Ironic how the 'Religion' section is probably the most hate-filled.

I'll leave it to ye whether that says something.
lol you have no idea
I wonder why anybody would take most of them seriously when they say they have "Christ" in them.... Not all though but most. They are no doubt the most hypocritical set of humans on the face of the earth
If their heaven is real there are like 30% of christians worldwide. I have no doubt that less than 5% would make it in

2 Likes

Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by LiberaDeus: 6:59am On Nov 23, 2016
felixomor:

Please who are the "rational" people who reject the belief?

You? Or who?
Abeg. Save us the data.

Guy, you need rest
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by felixomor: 7:06am On Nov 23, 2016
LiberaDeus:

Guy, you need rest

And you need tuition.
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by Nobody: 7:33am On Nov 23, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Waste of broadband ? Please how does someone exhaust broadband ?
I thought you were a computer engineer?
Either it's another lie.
Or you seriously flunked classes
What do you think is the meaning of broadband
And then what do you think is the meaning of waste
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by raphieMontella: 7:35am On Nov 23, 2016
jonbellion:
lol you have no idea
I wonder why anybody would take most of them seriously when they say they have "Christ" in them.... Not all though but most. They are no doubt the most hypocritical set of humans on the face of the earth
If their heaven is real there are like 30% of christians worldwide. I have no doubt that less than 5% would make it in
christianity should be a synonym for hypocrisy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by oaroloye(m): 7:47am On Nov 23, 2016
SHALOM!

CeoMYN:
Words can't tell how angry I am right now for haven believed in God , I'm mad at myself for believing a lie for almost two decades till this year.
Right now I want a sane environment! I'm fvcking looking for the slightest chance to tell my parents who Clinton is. I'm a teen and that's going to be hard because they have become more religious recently.
I'm getting mad! No one to share my feelings with! I'm hiding it!
I don't want to die with depression and loneliness! I need a sane place!
To all those evangelists out there TFU!

What I find annoying is when these Fake Christians, who spent their time persecuting those Christians actually trying to fulfil The Word of God turn around, and say that "THE BIBLE AND CONCEPT OF GOD IS ALL FAKE!" whereas, they spent their whole life avoiding those actions that lead to that Reality manifesting to them.

. JOHN 8:30-32.

30. As he spake these Words,
many believed on him.
31. Then said Jesus to those Jews
which believed on him,
"If ye continue in my Word,
(then) are ye my Disciples indeed;
32. "And ye shall know The Truth,
and The Truth shall make you Free."

1 Like

Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by Nobody: 8:34am On Nov 23, 2016
LiberaDeus:

You weren't with Zuckerberg when he created Facebook. As a smart businessman I don't think he would ever want to show the bulk of his religious customers how much he detests their beliefs.

Whatever psychological problem the Op has comes from a myriad of factors including atheism. Try a Christian in Saudi Arabia and see how life goes.

In your bible, even Paul said it that at times they faced despair and hopelessness beyond description, so I guess that means Christianity causes that?

You people are still oblivious to how callous and insensitive you guys are being, you see someone down and all you can say is " serves you right atheist". Your behaviour only confirms our knowledge that your god and the power meant to emanate from your religion is all a mirage.

As for advising him, I will do it in private. You guys will attack every point made for his benefit just for your wicked pleasure. The other christian even wishes him dead from suicide.

When I point it out, you guys can't even see it.

You guys are akin to Chinese men who are lambasted for eating dogs and all they can do is wonder wtf is every one talking about.

You guys successfully carried the thread to 7 pages filled with insults and hatred for a person who rejects your beliefs then later you wonder why rational people reject your beliefs.

Seriously. Hope they're all very proud.
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by LiberaDeus: 8:36am On Nov 23, 2016
felixomor:

And you need tuition.

Am not going to go into a meaningless tirade with you.

But any body that assesses our comments can confirm who is in need and in need of whatever .
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by shadeyinka(m): 9:31am On Nov 23, 2016
CeoMYN:
I rejected Yahweh before others.

OP, I can feel your pain and confusion. However, I think that you are venting your anger on the wrong personality. You know, some peoples anger is vented on their furniture's, electronics and some even box the wall so hard that you will think that the wall cursed their mother.

Let's do some little analysis.

Why did you reject Yahweh?
Because he is the God of your parents who have disappointed you in "not making it financially and socially". They have spent so much time praying to Him who did not help them.

You look around in churches and see other people and even pastors who claim to know this God but with nothing extraordinary about their lives. You notice that some pastors seem to make profit from the "gullibilities" of this Christians.

With these points above and many others, you may have some point BUT, this are people with free will and NOT Yahweh!

The exclusive attribute of Yahweh piss you off. Why must He be the only ONE, why must He be Omniscient, Omnipotent and Omnipresent.

Why doesn't He show Himself?
To this question, I laugh in Japanese.
Suppose, I don't accept Buhari as my President, does it change his status?
Let's say I throw a challenge " If Buhari is truely the President let him come physically to my house with a few of his security aids!". Suppose, you were the President, would you leave Aso rock to show your majesty to one confused Nigerian?

Think!

God isn't your problem. Your problem is a void!
The absence of Light is Darkness!
The absence of Matter is Vacuum!

We can talk deeper if truely you need knowledge and understanding of this Yahweh and our purpose in this world enough to make a fully educated decision to ADOPT or REJECT this Yahweh. The truth remains that your decision was based on other peoples convictions.
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by Nobody: 9:59am On Nov 23, 2016
yeah u're totally right...Some parents even kill their children because to them they feel they're possesed and all that...so at times its really difficult to make ur parents understand...

2 Likes

Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by LabaekaAdesoji: 10:24am On Nov 23, 2016
olagbemi118:
hear the words of a fool. It is only a fool that says there is no God. There is no God but there is devil abi? Mumu.

That's harsh. This individual is lost and yet you cursed him/her. Where's love in this world. Love your neighbor as yourself. Pray for your enemy, That's the teaching of my BELOVED Elder Brother CHRIST JESUS MY LORD AND SAVIOR.
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by Nobody: 10:45am On Nov 23, 2016
oaroloye:
SHALOM!

What I find annoying is when these Fake Christians, who spent their time persecuting those Christians actually trying to fulfil The Word of God turn around, and say that "THE BIBLE AND CONCEPT OF GOD IS ALL FAKE!" whereas, they spent their whole life avoiding those actions that lead to that Reality manifesting to them.

. JOHN 8:30-32.

30. As he spake these Words,
many believed on him.
31. Then said Jesus to those Jews
which believed on him,
"If ye continue in my Word,
(then) are ye my Disciples indeed;
32. "And ye shall know The Truth,
and The Truth shall make you Free."
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by Nobody: 10:54am On Nov 23, 2016
shadeyinka:

OP, I can feel your pain and confusion. However, I think that you are venting your anger on the wrong personality. You know, some peoples anger is vented on their furniture's, electronics and some even box the wall so hard that you will think that the wall cursed their mother.

Let's do some little analysis.

Why did you reject Yahweh?
Because he is the God of your parents who have disappointed you in "not making it financially and socially". They have spent so much time praying to Him who did not help them.

You look around in churches and see other people and even pastors who claim to know this God but with nothing extraordinary about their lives. You notice that some pastors seem to make profit from the "gullibilities" of this Christians.

With these points above and many others, you may have some point BUT, this are people with free will and NOT Yahweh!

The exclusive attribute of Yahweh piss you off. Why must He be the only ONE, why must He be Omniscient, Omnipotent and Omnipresent.

Why doesn't He show Himself?
To this question, I laugh in Japanese.
Suppose, I don't accept Buhari as my President, does it change his status?
Let's say I throw a challenge " If Buhari is truely the President let him come physically to my house with a few of his security aids!". Suppose, you were the President, would you leave Aso rock to show your majesty to one confused Nigerian?

Think!

God isn't your problem. Your problem is a void!
The absence of Light is Darkness!
The absence of Matter is Vacuum!

We can talk deeper if truely you need knowledge and understanding of this Yahweh and our purpose in this world enough to make a fully educated decision to ADOPT or REJECT this Yahweh. The truth remains that your decision was based on other peoples convictions.
No

1 Like

Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by olagbemi118(m): 11:02am On Nov 23, 2016
LabaekaAdesoji:

That's harsh. This individual is lost and yet you cursed him/her. Where's love in this world. Love your neighbor as yourself. Pray for your enemy, That's the teaching of my BELOVED Elder Brother CHRIST JESUS MY LORD AND SAVIOR.
eeyah... Sorry oooo
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by shadeyinka(m): 11:05am On Nov 23, 2016
CeoMYN:

No

What is the no?
What are your reasons?
How does it concern Yahweh?
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by Nobody: 11:36am On Nov 23, 2016
just one question, why is promise10 sounding harsh
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by TomHagen: 11:51am On Nov 23, 2016
raphieMontella:

where you just hide these days seff?
My phone enter water and dem no fit repair am again. I never get money to buy another one and so I am stuck with a device I can barely type with. I just dey vex...and this section dey hot anyhow nowadays.
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by Nobody: 11:56am On Nov 23, 2016
alfarouq:
I am gonna ask you to lay your hands on all the books you can get, it really serves to reduce loneliness.
About the part of rejecting God, I think you still need to open your mind, read all religious scriptures you can get your hands on, whether the Bible, the Quran, the Veda or the Talmud and read with a sceptic but open mind. After doing that you can make your decisions.
I pray you get what you looking for and your loneliness transformed into fullness.
Thanks sir
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by hopefulLandlord: 11:59am On Nov 23, 2016
kingcity:

its simply a sign of immaturity but I'm not surprised because he mirrors the behavior of most theists in real life

if an atheist (open one) faces misfortune in real life, theists would find a way to connect the misfortune to their god, they might say "its god that's showing his power"
"this wouldn't have happened if your believe in my god"

if this same misfortune befalls someone who believes in the same god as theirs, they'll say something else

I swear most religious people would blame atheism if it were Richard Dawkins that died the way Myles Monroe died (for those that don't know, Myles died in a plane crash with his wife)

but the bitter truth they're scared to admit is that misfortune befalls anyone, doesn't matter what religion they belong

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by Nobody: 12:00pm On Nov 23, 2016
shadeyinka:

What is the no?
What are your reasons?
How does it concern Yahweh?
Yahweh don't exist, so remove "How does it concern Yahweh?"

1 Like

Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by TomHagen: 12:02pm On Nov 23, 2016
kingcity:
There is something fundamentally wrong with that guy.
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by Nobody: 12:02pm On Nov 23, 2016
felixomor:
No wonder, so you are a teen?

No wonder the behavior you demonstrated the other day.
Even explaining things to you, will be a little difficult sef.

Eiya.
Don't be stvpid. You don't make the mistake of looking down on teenagers. There're teens who're far more mature and intelligent than you ever can be.

"Inability to comprehend simple explanations" is not a teeny thing. There're plenty of moro'nic adults and ol' men out there who lack intelligence and education and spew inanities. Their age doesn't make them superior to more intelligent teenagers.

If you want to blame his defects on anything at all, you don't blame them on his age. It's not wise at all.
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by hopefulLandlord: 12:10pm On Nov 23, 2016
TomHagen:
There is something fundamentally wrong with that guy.

are you Rancho?
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by TomHagen: 12:22pm On Nov 23, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

are you Rancho?
Yes boss. How far?
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by hopefulLandlord: 12:23pm On Nov 23, 2016
TomHagen:
Yes boss. How far?
I dey bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Names Of 'seeds' & 'offerings' Used In Extorting Money In Churches / Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me / OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.