Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,995 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants (22215 Views)

Do You Consider Flogging An Effective Way Of Discipline? What's The Alternative? / Feminism Is An Abbreviation Of Female Stupidity - Nigerian Lady / Marriage And The Happily Ever After Syndrome: An Alternative Perspective (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants by Nobody: 11:19am On Nov 27, 2016
This topic has me weeping for the whole of Africa. We are a backwards ignorant lot. How can someone talk of harming a child by cutting, pressing, and dusting their natural healthy body parts?? I've never met so many girls who have undergone abortion and swap men for a few naira as I have in my homeland regardless of circumcision. Yet we say we are Godfearing and holy. These posts prove we are barbarians pretending to know of civilisation. I am sickened by our evil minds. I hope and pray that little baby is saved from a life of bush mentality. cry

7 Likes

Re: Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants by SalomonKane: 11:21am On Nov 27, 2016
Mindfulness:

Crack haus taught me how. cheesy
Now I can understand the satisfaction he got from people getting all worked up. grin

Oh is it as satisfying as having an orgasm? grin
Re: Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants by Nobody: 11:22am On Nov 27, 2016
FortuneTeller:
This topic has me weeping for the whole of Africa. We are a backwards ignorant lot. How can someone talk of harming a child by cutting, pressing, and dusting their natural healthy body parts?? I've never met so many girls who have undergone abortion and swap men for a few naira as I have in my homeland regardless of circumcision. Yet we say we are Godfearing and holy. These posts prove we are barbarians pretending to know of civilisation. I am sickened by our evil minds. I hope and pray that little baby is saved from a life of bush mentality. cry

There are many people here who are clearly and strictly against circumcision so not all of us are backward and ignorant and would cut off body parts in the name of ignorance. wink

1 Like

Re: Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants by Nobody: 11:22am On Nov 27, 2016
Mindfulness:

Exactly Amelian, calm down. wink

What's this one saying??

Have u taken your medications?

2 Likes

Re: Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants by PresVA: 11:53am On Nov 27, 2016
dusting powder in a baby's vg? shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants by MizMyColi(f): 12:18pm On Nov 27, 2016
Mindfulness:

Good for you.

I want to thank OP for opening this thread. Everyone can see now that cutting off part of a baby's God-given body does not necessarily stop their urge to be licked and whatever later on.

And for the rest of you who still consider mutilating your baby's body, female circumcision has been outlawed in Nigeria in 2015.

Thank you. smiley

Just peeping
grin
Re: Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants by Tallesty1(m): 12:42pm On Nov 27, 2016
MizMyColi:

Just peeping grin
Congrats Nnem.

I wish I had a babymama @18. My son for mary her.

Tell her say Uchenna Eze dey tell her welcome.
Re: Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants by 5minsmadness: 1:07pm On Nov 27, 2016
Time for a quick lunch.

They look different but are essentially the same thing.

And they taste awesome too wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants by MizMyColi(f): 1:32pm On Nov 27, 2016
Tallesty1:
Congrats Nnem.

I wish I had a babymama @18. My son for mary her.

Tell her say Uchenna Eze dey tell her welcome.

Lol
I will dear.
And thank yousmiley
Re: Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants by pweetixandy: 1:48pm On Nov 27, 2016
MizMyColi:

Yes.
But then I have seen the hoohaa of some ladies and it looks so tattered.
I don't know if it is lack of circumcision or due to too much sex.
tattered?! wetin person no go hear.

3 Likes

Re: Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants by Ishilove: 1:58pm On Nov 27, 2016
Amelian:

Yeah thanks dear smiley
It's better to be passionate in bed, than to be frigid smiley
Whether outlawed since 2015?
The parents will decide if they wish to circumsize their children or not.
I will definitely circumcise my kids immediately they are born and educate them when they are older about doing it to their own kids.
You say you will educate your kids to circumcise their kids, key word being 'educate'. How can you educate them when you don't even know why a girl child is being circumcised.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants by Nobody: 2:11pm On Nov 27, 2016
Tough one. I'm happy I don't have a girl yet.
It begs the question, if boys are circumcised for reasons like 'It looks good', 'it's hygienic', then why can't girls be circumcised for the same reasons? Circumcision for me means removing bits of loose skin i.e. foreskin/labia. which clearly dulls sensation (reduces pleasure) from that area. For both sexes. And I'm not complaining, it's a fair trade off for me as a male.
So, I have never liked the sound of female circumcision, but it's beginning to look like double standards all over again. Feminists, the Frankfurt school.

1 Like

Re: Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants by Nobody: 3:14pm On Nov 27, 2016
MizMyColi:

Just peeping
grin

grin grin grin

It's good your opened the thread, maybe we can save some more children from the blade.
Re: Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants by joseph1832(m): 3:16pm On Nov 27, 2016
5minsmadness:
Time for a quick lunch.

Beef, pork or chicken? Which contain more protein?
Re: Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants by thorpido(m): 3:36pm On Nov 27, 2016
5minsmadness:
Time for a quick lunch.

Lol, where did you get this pic?

The right pic is what may be termed 'tattered'.
It's simply a question of the size of the minora.
Re: Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants by thorpido(m): 4:18pm On Nov 27, 2016
BoboYekini:
It begs the question, if boys are circumcised for reasons like 'It looks good', 'it's hygienic', then why can't girls be circumcised for the same reasons? Circumcision for me means removing bits of loose skin i.e. foreskin/labia. which clearly dulls sensation (reduces pleasure) from that area. For both sexes. And I'm not complaining, it's a fair trade off for me as a male.
So, I have never liked the sound of female circumcision, but it's beginning to look like double standards all over again. Feminists, the Frankfurt school.
They are not the same.The circumcision for a male is done to remove the foreskin for hygeinic reasons essentially while the removal of the clit in the female is to reduce a woman's sensitivity.
What becomes the clit in women is what becomes the p.enis(especially the part called the cap).Circumcision in females is actually synonymous with removing the cap of a man.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants by 5minsmadness: 4:33pm On Nov 27, 2016
BoboYekini:

Interesting line of thought.
Male circumcision (removal of the foreskin) leads to a dulling in sensation of the penis or penile cap. Male circumcision can lead to bleeding, scar formation, tetanus, HIV transmission, phimosis and paraphimosis, and amputation of the penis in some cases. How come no one is campaigning against it?

There's a small case for the removal of the foreskin to reduce the occurrence of penile cancer... But really that's about it. How come no one is up in arms about the mutiliation of the boy child? cry
Re: Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants by 5minsmadness: 4:36pm On Nov 27, 2016
joseph1832:
Beef, pork or chicken? Which contain more protein?
I'd go with the porkies. The fatter they are the more protein they have.
But that depends on if we are discussing the same topic wink
Re: Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants by joseph1832(m): 4:48pm On Nov 27, 2016
5minsmadness:

I'd go with the porkies. The fatter they are the more protein they have.
But that depends on if we are discussing the same topic wink
Well it ain't the same. If you know what I mean.

Pork = fat robust girls.

Beef = moderately built girls.

Chicken = slim girls.

So take your pick. Which would you love to eat down below. grin
Re: Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants by MizMyColi(f): 4:56pm On Nov 27, 2016
Mindfulness:

grin grin grin

It's good your opened the thread, maybe we can save some more children from the blade.

No to blade joor angry
Re: Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants by Nobody: 5:07pm On Nov 27, 2016
Ishilove:

You say you will educate your kids to circumcise their kids, key word being 'educate'. How can you educate them when you don't even know why a girl child is being circumcised.

Educate them means, it's not forever I will remain unaware about the reasons to circumcise children. I will make research on my own why children are circumcised, and know much more.
So no need to worry on how I will handle my children when the time comes. It's none of your concern. Focus more on yours. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 5:34pm On Nov 27, 2016
sugah:

So what do we do to check promiscuity in our male children? Cut off their haahoo?

grin grin grin

Na real haahoo! grin grin grin

Dont mind all them people with the double standards.... girls are promiscous why boys sow their wild oats.... thunder fire them!

1 Like

Re: Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants by Nobody: 5:42pm On Nov 27, 2016
Nine pages and counting...

Mïzmycoli's daughter is not even six months old and she's already getting more airtime than the Kardashians.

Some would posit this to be the harbinger of what your daughter would be in the not-too-distant future—popular, successful, controversial...cheesy
Re: Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants by buffalowings: 5:50pm On Nov 27, 2016
Ishilove:

That one get case
Re: Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants by Nobody: 5:52pm On Nov 27, 2016
FortuneTeller:

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowing. Many Africans, sadly, are under that illusion.

It's in this same Africa [Nigeria] that using one's left hand to receive an item from an elder is regarded as an act of disrespect – as if God made the left hand inferior to the right one.

2 Likes

Re: Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants by buffalowings: 5:53pm On Nov 27, 2016
Does this girl even know what sex feels like if you're circumcised?

Stupid idiota

1 Like

Re: Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants by Nobody: 5:53pm On Nov 27, 2016
thorpido:
They are not the same.The circumcision for a male is done to remove the foreskin for hygeinic reasons essentially while the removal of the clit in the female is to reduce a woman's sensitivity.
What becomes the clit in women is what becomes the p.enis(especially the part called the cap).Circumcision in females is actually synonymous with removing the cap of a man.
Circumcision for me means removing bits of loose skin i.e. foreskin/labia. Or isn't that what y'all mean with 'tattered' and 'raggedy'? I'm sure not all cultures, much less hospitals, chop off the (entire) knob.

@5minsmadness, my point exactly. But hey, I ain't complaining.
Re: Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants by Ishilove: 6:05pm On Nov 27, 2016
Amelian:

Educate them means, it's not forever I will remain unaware about the reasons to circumcise children. I will make research on my own why children are circumcised, and know much more.
So no need to worry on how I will handle my children when the time comes. It's none of your concern. Focus more on yours. Thanks.
Touchy touchy. Truth hurts, I know. Pele
Re: Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants by Amhappy(f): 6:10pm On Nov 27, 2016
Female circumcision increases the possibility of postpartum bleeding from tears,I don't know any mother that wishes that for her child. I saw my neighbour's mum use dusting powder on her baby,when I asked her,She said the method is safe unlike the cutting off method but something in me says it's not right. From that day I stopped taking my baby to their house because she kept asking me if my mom cleaned up my daughter's own. From the look of things,this practice is still very much alive in Nigeria. I was surprised that people from my home state (Anambra) practice this. It's not being practiced in my village anyway thank God.

2 Likes

Re: Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants by joseph1832(m): 6:21pm On Nov 27, 2016
DarkRebel101:

Mïzmycoli's daughter is not even six months old and she's already getting more airtime than the Kardashians.

Some would posit this to be the harbinger of what your daughter would be in the not-so-distant future—popular, successful, controversial...cheesy
The hyperbole is expressly noted and seen so much that it makes one...

[size=22pt]LMFAO[/size]
Re: Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants by MizMyColi(f): 6:52pm On Nov 27, 2016
DarkRebel101:

Some would posit this to be the harbinger of what your daughter would be in the not-so-distant future—popular, successful, controversial...cheesy

tongue

grin
Re: Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants by Coldfeet(f): 8:09pm On Nov 27, 2016
thorpido:
SalomonKane and Ishilove.......chillll
You have time to explain to dumb heads! Whatever ish they've had with her before shouldn't warrant such endless childish diatribe.

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Changes You Noticed In Your Spouse After Marriage! / Your Experience As A Rich Or Only Rich Relative.. / 107-Year-old Woman Seeks First Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.