Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,820 members, 7,817,394 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

The Big Challenges Of Being A Pastor's child - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Big Challenges Of Being A Pastor's child (33660 Views)

Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? / I Impregnated A Pastor's Daughter, We Rushed The Wedding / The Challenges Of Not Being A Pastor's Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Big Challenges Of Being A Pastor's child by amjf(m): 9:29am On Dec 01, 2016
I dig bro. Whatever it is, abeg shey dey go church even if it's not your pops. You will find a bible believing church that suits you and give u a reason to be a Christian. cool

mrjojo:
Both pop and mom are pastors, and believe me is not easy been one.

I remember when me and my Lil Bro was always angry coz pop will always complain of our hair style, it either VERY low cut or nothing .i was trying Afro at a time cos it fits me more but it war at home.

We practically sleep in church, from one program to the other, no matter how sick or serious your next day exams are, you dare not stay back home during a vigil.

Mehn it not funny, I will never be a pastor, like ever
.FYI, am almost a full fledged atheist now, the last time I was in church was over a year ago when I was home, I go to church when am home cos i no want war.

Every one has their lifes to live, me and my siblings were FORCED to be christains ,now am serving,and am going to determine my life part MYSELF.

Oh, pop saw my pics on whats app recently and he was saving I should go clean out my beard(very little beard ), I laughed ,that ship has sailed mean.

Shout out to all Pastor kids out there .

1 Like

Re: The Big Challenges Of Being A Pastor's child by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:35am On Dec 01, 2016
Papikush:
Na pastor children dey bad pass. Ask anyone.
As a mater if fact, I got disvirgined by a pastor's daughter...she took away my precious gift. Upon how I was saying STOP, STOP, STOP. cry

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Big Challenges Of Being A Pastor's child by mrjojo: 9:36am On Dec 01, 2016
amjf:

I dig bro. Whatever it is, abeg shey dey go church even if it's not your pops. You will find a bible believing church that suits you and give u a reason to be a Christian. cool

trust me Bro, I tried to go, it just feels I don't belong. You know when you've been forced to do something your whole life. I was flogged to Bible school while I was in ss1,mine is even better, my Lil sis had it worse. I live my life now, don't give a sh1t Wat anyone thinks.

1 Like

Re: The Big Challenges Of Being A Pastor's child by tosyne2much(m): 9:46am On Dec 01, 2016
DeLioncourt:

you say its as if some people are encouraged to have premarital sex.
I never said that bro
Re: The Big Challenges Of Being A Pastor's child by crazymommy(f): 9:47am On Dec 01, 2016
Papikush:
As a mater if fact, I got disvirgined by a pastor's daughter...she took away my precious gift. Upon how I was saying STOP, STOP, STOP. cry
grin grin grin mad man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Big Challenges Of Being A Pastor's child by Nobody: 9:52am On Dec 01, 2016
Thank heavens am not one coz...
Re: The Big Challenges Of Being A Pastor's child by DeLioncourt: 9:52am On Dec 01, 2016
tosyne2much:
I never said that bro

I know you didn't. It's just easy to imply that from your point.
Re: The Big Challenges Of Being A Pastor's child by amjf(m): 10:02am On Dec 01, 2016
Yeah....Wow. Just keep trying bro, I hope u find it urself and not been forced

mrjojo:
trust me Bro, I tried to go, it just feels I don't belong. You know when you've been forced to do something your whole life. I was flogged to Bible school while I was in ss1,mine is even better, my Lil sis had it worse. I live my life now, don't give a sh1t Wat anyone thinks.
Re: The Big Challenges Of Being A Pastor's child by mrjojo: 10:10am On Dec 01, 2016
amjf:
Yeah....Wow. Just keep trying bro, I hope u find it urself and not been forced

thanks bros

1 Like

Re: The Big Challenges Of Being A Pastor's child by amjf(m): 10:13am On Dec 01, 2016
Please check ur mail makydebbie , tried sending you a mail via NL.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Big Challenges Of Being A Pastor's child by Toylove: 10:13am On Dec 01, 2016
Icansing:
keep spoiling ur dad's pedigree,, mumu
Do u knw if am spoiling his pedigree or am promoting his reputation, in btw.... Na him get calling, no b me

ND z Dat y u must call me mumu

1 Like

Re: The Big Challenges Of Being A Pastor's child by tosyne2much(m): 10:22am On Dec 01, 2016
DeLioncourt:

I know you didn't. It's just easy to imply that from your point.
What I meant was pastors so much place emphasis on it
Re: The Big Challenges Of Being A Pastor's child by EmpressOVA(f): 10:46am On Dec 01, 2016
I so can relate to this!!!
Well,it can be very frustrating sometimes because of high expectation from members ,even relatives surrounding you and that do make most of us PKs prefer staying far from home whenever opportunity provides itself.
You're been watched out for everything_dressing, makeup,lifestyle etc.
Unfortunately, you'll realise that a large % of the kids of those who are always fending their eyes off you usually turn out bad(not glorying in that though).
Anyways, let's keep being us in all modesty but not in pretense otherwise one's life is wasting away in all ramifications.
#beyou #happynewdecember

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Big Challenges Of Being A Pastor's child by tobidipity(m): 10:51am On Dec 01, 2016
Papikush:

LMAO!!! See this ode o. Stop watin? You no fit turn Joseph ko ja pa.
Re: The Big Challenges Of Being A Pastor's child by lacasera14(m): 11:09am On Dec 01, 2016
Growing up as a pastor's kid was really challenging tho from my parents end it was kinda cool, but the society? they made me hate being a pastor's kid. Everyone is laughing at a joke and i join, they'll be like "pastor pikin, so you de follow laugh this kind tin", society keeps us in check and sheer scrutiny, at a point i stopped telling new friends i was a pastor's kid, a hidden identity to enable me enjoy some ounce of freedom. I had become an introvert and anti-social dude due to "pastor pikin, you too" syndrome, in any gathering at all, you are made to say the prayers, in school you are forced to preach even when you didn't prepare, at a point I got the "pastor pikin so you de mess, so you can't buy me biscuits? all the offerings your dad use to collect what happened to it?" haba!!! it was that bad. But thankGod I'm all grown up now and only a few know I'm a pastor's son even the ones that know have grown up too, but that depressing childhood, i can never forget.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Big Challenges Of Being A Pastor's child by degamemaster(m): 11:22am On Dec 01, 2016
OP you're very correct on all the points and I can relate to... but OP I can bet you're really the opposite of the person expected of a pastor's child cos your monicker suggests so.
Re: The Big Challenges Of Being A Pastor's child by ajalawole(m): 11:38am On Dec 01, 2016
Papikush:
i guess she was high on olamide voice 'DON'T STOP DON'T STOP'
Re: The Big Challenges Of Being A Pastor's child by dangotesmummy: 11:43am On Dec 01, 2016
Toylove:
As a son of a pastor, I concur buh I dnt usually give a damn abt wah people say abt me. Tho my mum always complain sha

Modified
If my popsy see me dey make or receive call to opposite sex, na preaching straight. U ll hear something like "you dis boy, are u sure urr born again"... undecided
them no dey wake you up for night vigil or fasting grin
Re: The Big Challenges Of Being A Pastor's child by makydebbie(f): 12:08pm On Dec 01, 2016
degamemaster:
OP you're very correct on all the points and I can relate to... but OP I can bet you're really the opposite of the person expected of a pastor's child cos your monicker suggests so.
My moniker was coined from my name and surname. So I'm not understanding
Re: The Big Challenges Of Being A Pastor's child by makydebbie(f): 12:18pm On Dec 01, 2016
dangotesmummy:
that one sef no easy. Na to go hide inside my papa car be that until dem find megrin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Big Challenges Of Being A Pastor's child by chinedumo(m): 12:30pm On Dec 01, 2016
mavany:

Yes I have been comforted by ur profile pix dearie, You astonishing!!!!

If only ur pastor parents could see your comment now they will knock the pulpit down in wrath

1 Like

Re: The Big Challenges Of Being A Pastor's child by iluvpomo(m): 12:47pm On Dec 01, 2016
baum1:
They are Not necessarily spoilt ones.
shine your eyes cheesy
Re: The Big Challenges Of Being A Pastor's child by Toylove: 1:27pm On Dec 01, 2016
dangotesmummy:
Every Thursday z fasting in our house ooo... wink

2 Likes

Re: The Big Challenges Of Being A Pastor's child by Nobody: 2:48pm On Dec 01, 2016
tosyne2much:
Yes I think I can relate to this because I'm the son of a pastor.. Let me add mine

7. Restrictions from Sex

Pressure are usually mounted on pastor's children on abstinence from premarital sex. They are usually ridiculed by the society each time they're spotted with the opposite sex. Sometimes, their parents will always sit them down ringing to their ears the spiritual consequences of pre-marital sex and the benefits of keeping one's virginity till wedding night. Most times, my dad monitors me so much that each time a lady visits me, he will keep parading my room for no good reason just to monitor whether I will comb the girl or not
But it's true. Premarital sex just like killing is a sin...or don't you know that it's same thing as fornication? you don't nid to b a pastor's kid to obey dis.
Re: The Big Challenges Of Being A Pastor's child by Gracious10: 3:24pm On Dec 01, 2016
mrjojo:
Both pop and mom are pastors, and believe me is not easy been one.

I remember when me and my Lil Bro was always angry coz pop will always complain of our hair style, it either VERY low cut or nothing .i was trying Afro at a time cos it fits me more but it war at home.

We practically sleep in church, from one program to the other, no matter how sick or serious your next day exams are, you dare not stay back home during a vigil.

Mehn it not funny, I will never be a pastor, like ever
.FYI, am almost a full fledged atheist now, the last time I was in church was over a year ago when I was home, I go to church when am home cos i no want war.

Every one has their lifes to live, me and my siblings were FORCED to be christains ,now am serving,and am going to determine my life part MYSELF.

Oh, pop saw my pics on whats app recently and he was saving I should go clean out my beard(very little beard ), I laughed ,that ship has sailed mehn .

Did I say me and my siblings hardly come home during school break? Yeah it that bad.
God will now save you popsi will get to church before you.

Shout out to all Pastor kids out there .

Lol...this one na serious matter, same reason I vowed never to marry a pastor and if my husband eventually becomes a pastor, divorce is looming, can never subject my kids to the scrutiny pastors kids go through.

They don't have a life at all. Their lives are just what the church expects it to be and they report you like no man's bussines, your parents won't even care to investigate the situation, the verdict is "Guilty" . What time do thy have to raise kids? Church programs and counselling every day even people calling in the middle of the night, it's just too much abeg....

Pastors kids are always on trial, I prefer my kids to know christ in all sincerity than pretend to be born again because people expect them to be ...I no fit shout abeg.
Spiritually, physically, emotionally, they will always be on trial forever, church members even feel like they are entitled to any and every information about you.

And No, the life of a pastors child isn't normal.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Big Challenges Of Being A Pastor's child by degamemaster(m): 3:29pm On Dec 01, 2016
makydebbie:
Pardon my mistake. I meant your signature. Are you for real or am I getting something wrong? undecided
makydebbie:
Pardon my mistake. I meant your signature. Are you for real or am I getting something wrong?
Re: The Big Challenges Of Being A Pastor's child by mrjojo: 3:45pm On Dec 01, 2016
Gracious10:

Lol...this one na serious matter, same reason I vowed never to marry a pastor and if my husband eventually becomes a pastor, divorce is looming, can never subject my kids to the scrutiny pastors kids go through.

They don't have a life at all. Their lives are just what the church expects it to be and they report you like no man's bussines, your parents won't even care to investigate the situation, the verdict is "Guilty" . What time do thy have to raise kids? Church programs and counselling every day even people calling in the middle of the night, it's just too much abeg....

Pastors kids are always on trial, I prefer my kids to know christ in all sincerity than pretend to be born again because people expect them to be ...I no fit shout abeg.
Spiritually, physically, emotionally, they will always be on trial forever, church members even feel like they are entitled to any and every information about you.

And No, the life of a pastors child isn't normal.

My dear, EXACTLY, what i went through growing up ehn , full story for another day. So when people see me and say " you will be like your dad, and be a Pastor" you need to see how i look at them. I can never be a Pastor, ever.

1 Like

Re: The Big Challenges Of Being A Pastor's child by dangotesmummy: 5:05pm On Dec 01, 2016
grin
Toylove:

Every Thursday z fasting in our house ooo... wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Big Challenges Of Being A Pastor's child by dangotesmummy: 5:05pm On Dec 01, 2016
makydebbie:
that one sef no easy. Na to go hide inside my papa car be that until dem find megrin
you'll be tagged witch OR wizard grin
Re: The Big Challenges Of Being A Pastor's child by tosyne2much(m): 5:59pm On Dec 01, 2016
Beckino:

But it's true. Premarital sex just like killing is a sin...or don't you know that it's same thing as fornication? you don't nid to b a pastor's kid to obey dis.
You're right Bro
Re: The Big Challenges Of Being A Pastor's child by Nobody: 6:04pm On Dec 01, 2016
m female

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Paternity Fraud In Nigeria: Are You Your Baby’s Daddy? / Bob-manuel Don-christian: 'My Wife Had A Son For Another Man' / Photos: This Lady Is Looking For Her Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.