Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,328 members, 7,819,125 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

Reps Move To Bar Acting President, Governor From Second term - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Move To Bar Acting President, Governor From Second term (26725 Views)

Reps Move Against Medical Tourism / Shiites Don’t Recognize Buhari, Me As President, Governor – El-rufai / Reps Move To Abolish State, LGA Joint Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Move To Bar Acting President, Governor From Second term by AceRoyal: 9:56pm On Nov 30, 2016
Fear of GEJ's return still hunts APC!

3 Likes

Re: Reps Move To Bar Acting President, Governor From Second term by three: 9:57pm On Nov 30, 2016

Re: Reps Move To Bar Acting President, Governor From Second term by izzou(m): 9:58pm On Nov 30, 2016
CACAWA:
It won't work

Because even while Buhari is still alive, Osinbajo has served as "acting president"

So they should better rephrase the law they are proposing to read "substantive president, either elected or sworn in by cause of death"

Because we know that GEJ became substantive president on May 6 , 2010 after acting for several months during Yaradua's ill health.
Read again

You didn't understand the writeup

Osibanjo isn't affected

1 Like

Re: Reps Move To Bar Acting President, Governor From Second term by Nobody: 10:05pm On Nov 30, 2016
And why is it now necessary? Is Buhari dying soon?

1 Like

Re: Reps Move To Bar Acting President, Governor From Second term by gozzlin: 10:05pm On Nov 30, 2016
CACAWA:
It won't work

Because even while Buhari is still alive, Osinbajo has served as "acting president"

So they should better rephrase the law they are proposing to read "substantive president, either elected or sworn in by cause of death"

Because we know that GEJ became substantive president on May 6 , 2010 after acting for several months during Yaradua's ill health.

Osinbade has never held the position of acting president, you don't know what you are saying.

3 Likes

Re: Reps Move To Bar Acting President, Governor From Second term by BerryAnny(m): 10:06pm On Nov 30, 2016
Chukazu:
what we need is "five-year single term "

former governors should be barred from been elected senators, it's just insane, just don't understand how someone would govern a state for either solid years and still have the insatiable urge to become a senator only to end up sleeping at the chamber
Gbaam!!! Seconded!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Move To Bar Acting President, Governor From Second term by Seriousboy: 10:16pm On Nov 30, 2016
These mumu lawmakers don't see PIB bill to sign
Oh, what a country; 2019 some of these people needs to be vote out, let people with positive visions come and make masses friendly laws in 2019.
Re: Reps Move To Bar Acting President, Governor From Second term by ochubaebube(m): 10:22pm On Nov 30, 2016
Some ignoramus won't still understand what this bill is meant to achieve. These Northern legislators are smart. Very smart. And their Southern counterparts are dumb. Very dumb. This bill can't be passed if the Southerners understand the implication it will have on their region in the nearest future and hence go against it.

4 Likes

Re: Reps Move To Bar Acting President, Governor From Second term by Righttalk: 10:24pm On Nov 30, 2016
Make una no fear, GEJ is not contest 2019. The fear of oga Jona due to his rising profile

1 Like

Re: Reps Move To Bar Acting President, Governor From Second term by Deilluminator(m): 10:27pm On Nov 30, 2016
Has he foreseen that Buhari is dying or resigning?

1 Like

Re: Reps Move To Bar Acting President, Governor From Second term by phanshark(m): 10:44pm On Nov 30, 2016
PMBNG:

Source: http://www.socialtimesng.com/2016/11/reps-move-to-bar-acting-president-governor-from-second-term/

ah! We are in soup in this country, in such a time like this,this is what all this fool's are debating about? Is the government out of recession? Derise God oh!

1 Like

Re: Reps Move To Bar Acting President, Governor From Second term by Raskasal(m): 10:44pm On Nov 30, 2016
And also the Senators and the Representatives
Re: Reps Move To Bar Acting President, Governor From Second term by GreatZaza(m): 10:53pm On Nov 30, 2016
kelvinreality:

This issue should not be their major concern at this stage. What about if the acting ptesidentvor governor has the required capacity to move the nation forward?

Our leaders should look at more pressing issue other than the appointment of position (s).
blv mě This must be sponsored by an APC legislator, they are check mating any hope left in bringing back Jonathan

1 Like

Re: Reps Move To Bar Acting President, Governor From Second term by bejeria101(m): 10:54pm On Nov 30, 2016
How does this put food on our table?
Re: Reps Move To Bar Acting President, Governor From Second term by Sir2rexninefour(m): 11:11pm On Nov 30, 2016
Chiedu4Trump:
Dem dey fear Yar-Adua part 2 and its consequences!

Your head dey there. Avoiding a 2nd GEJ emergence!

1 Like

Re: Reps Move To Bar Acting President, Governor From Second term by nortcentrallord(m): 11:19pm On Nov 30, 2016
saint047:
They say this is a big rich town
I just come from the poorest parts
Bright lights, city life, I gotta make it
This is where it goes down

"This is where it goes down
I just happen to come up hard
Legal or (illegal) baby I gotta make it

I never took a straight path nowhere
Life's full of twist and turns
Bumps and bruises, I lived I learnt
I'm from that city full of yellow cabs and skyscrapers
It's hard to get a start in these parts without paper
Homie I grew up in hell
A block away from heaven..."
Re: Reps Move To Bar Acting President, Governor From Second term by grandstar(m): 11:24pm On Nov 30, 2016
seunmsg:
Misplaced priority. They should be considering legislation that will help us get out of recession quickly and not this silly proposal.

That would simply moving for a vote of no confidence on the president.

His meddling in the foreign exchange management of the economy is what's brought the dollar scarcity and the attendant recession.

1 Like

Re: Reps Move To Bar Acting President, Governor From Second term by Roadmike(m): 11:47pm On Nov 30, 2016
The fear of GEJ,

Lasun is a foolish and confused man .

Never seen a country where they contemplate every imaginable scenarios all in the quest for power. but its really not possible to preconceive all of these .

ApC failure !
Re: Reps Move To Bar Acting President, Governor From Second term by Paulancebay(m): 11:52pm On Nov 30, 2016
Buhari will soon resign or impeached, every odd in Nigeria against him!
Re: Reps Move To Bar Acting President, Governor From Second term by breakeven: 1:53am On Dec 01, 2016
The north have started again
Re: Reps Move To Bar Acting President, Governor From Second term by nwamehn: 2:43am On Dec 01, 2016
princemillla:
And someone is telling me pmb will be ousted come 2019....sebi na person wey dey contest dem dey oust thru voting?

All these aboki will play their game so well.

1. They might want to tell u that Buhari didn't rule the first time in a democratic dispensation and as such wouldn't be affected by the act.
2. Even if he did, he didn't last up to two years in that his first military regime so the law wouldn't affect him in any case.
Re: Reps Move To Bar Acting President, Governor From Second term by nwamehn: 2:48am On Dec 01, 2016
teebillz:
The Fear of GEJ rising popularity. They were jolted by the Sokoto events.

But the bill if passed into law wouldn't stop GEJ from contesting again after all he never acted as president for up to two years before he was elected in 2011.
Re: Reps Move To Bar Acting President, Governor From Second term by nwamehn: 2:56am On Dec 01, 2016
Roadmike:
The fear of GEJ,
Lasun is a foolish and confused man .
Never seen a country where they contemplate every imaginable scenarios all in the quest for power. but its really not possible to preconceive all of these .
ApC failure !
AceRoyal:
Fear of GEJ's return still hunts APC!

The bill says "two years". Jonathan never stayed up to two years before he was elected in 2011. So, I don't know exactly how the bill will affect him.

1 Like

Re: Reps Move To Bar Acting President, Governor From Second term by ShootToKill: 3:22am On Dec 01, 2016
saint047:
They say this is a big rich town I just come from the poorest parts Bright lights, city life, I gotta make it This is where it goes down
I live in hell, a block away from heaven. haha!
Re: Reps Move To Bar Acting President, Governor From Second term by Ahmedhussain3463: 5:14am On Dec 01, 2016
princemillla:
And someone is telling me pmb will be ousted come 2019....sebi na person wey dey contest dem dey oust thru voting?

All these aboki will play their game so well.
lol
Re: Reps Move To Bar Acting President, Governor From Second term by Ahmedhussain3463: 5:18am On Dec 01, 2016
teebillz:
The Fear of GEJ rising popularity. They were jolted by the Sokoto events.
gej will nt win councilorship even in bayelsa again.come,which party will jonathan primary ticket?

1 Like

Re: Reps Move To Bar Acting President, Governor From Second term by goshen26: 5:53am On Dec 01, 2016
I can see OBJ's hand in this, baba does not want any one to obtain the rank of a field Marshall, cos he was hindered from obtaining it
Re: Reps Move To Bar Acting President, Governor From Second term by illuminaty(m): 6:32am On Dec 01, 2016
saint047:
They say this is a big rich town
I just come from the poorest parts
Bright lights, city life, I gotta make it
This is where it goes down
.....legal or illegal bby I gotta mk it

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Candidates: Moment Atiku & Buhari Told Nigerians Why They Should Vote Them / Bola Tinubu Visits Shettima, Borno State Governor / Fayose Defeats EFCC As Court Says EFCC Lacks Power To Probe State Finances

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.