Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,187 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

Cheating In Relationships- A Big Deal? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Cheating In Relationships- A Big Deal? (1411 Views)

Things Ladies Do When They Are Cheating In Relationship / Man Catches His Wife Cheating In Hotel, Disgraces & Batters Her Publicly (Video) / What Is The Ideal Age Gap If Age Really Matter In Relationships? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cheating In Relationships- A Big Deal? by Splinz(m): 7:43pm On Dec 03, 2016
Betrayal can only happen if you love.

— John Le Carre

Yes, cheating in a relationship. It has become a norm of some sort, where you get to hear people's bitterness as a result of devastating effect of cheating partners. This problem has led to so many broken homes and lives, and sometimes, lost of life. What can be done to stop infidelity

Each time I hear of infidelity and cries of its victims, I got worried. Not worried about the victims per se, but about their bitterness!

Why are they crying and heartbroken over a cheat Can we honestly expects 100% faithfulness from carnal human beings Is man known for perfection or striving towards it

Here is what I think. Unfaithfulness will never cease from man. For like a toddler, man walks and fall occasionally and the most important thing being rising up again.

Like they say, "To err is human; to forgive divine". Again, like my opening quote says, shall we then stop loving that we may not be betrayed

Be the judge.

1 Like

Re: Cheating In Relationships- A Big Deal? by tungstar(m): 8:00pm On Dec 03, 2016
from the above, i can deduce that you are an unfaithful being as well...

Be the judge
Re: Cheating In Relationships- A Big Deal? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Dec 03, 2016
I personally interpret morality as something "essential" to a human spirit and promoting the growth of us.

By saying essential of human spirit, I mean that its what we value the most. In the context of a relationship, it is the love and being human and the need for social interaction, that is value to us.

I did cheat in the past but I don't cheat in my relationships "anymore" because the (action) would hurt "my beloved", by breaking the promise and commitment, which is essentially needed to assure my partner that I will be there for her anytime.

I don't want to hurt her, hurt the relationship or hurt my own growth (since cheating breaks down those values mentioned above). #probity

4 Likes

Re: Cheating In Relationships- A Big Deal? by Splinz(m): 8:11pm On Dec 03, 2016
tungstar:

Be the judge

Of course bro, I'm not yet close to perfection. I make mistakes here and there...
Re: Cheating In Relationships- A Big Deal? by Splinz(m): 8:12pm On Dec 03, 2016
bbmpin:
I personally interpret morality as something "essential" to a human spirit and promoting the growth of us.

By saying essential of human spirit, I mean that its what we value the most. In the context of a relationship, it is the love and being human and the need for social interaction, that is value to us.

I did cheat in the past but I don't cheat in my relationships "anymore" because the (action) would hurt "my beloved", by breaking the promise and commitment, which is essentially needed to assure my partner that I will be there for her anytime. I don't want to hurt her, hurt the relationship or hurt my own growth (since cheating breaks down those values mentioned above). #probity

Nice.

Re: Cheating In Relationships- A Big Deal? by NevetsIbot(m): 8:36pm On Dec 03, 2016
bbmpin:

I did cheat in the past but I don't cheat in my relationships "anymore" because the (action) would hurt "my beloved", by breaking the promise and commitment, which is essentially needed to assure my partner that I will be there for her anytime.

I don't want to hurt her, hurt the relationship or hurt my own growth (since cheating breaks down those values mentioned above). #probity
cool bro
Re: Cheating In Relationships- A Big Deal? by Sexxkillz: 8:59pm On Dec 03, 2016
Not really a big deal, until the lady you "changed" for, and left all the other ladies for, does it to you.

5 Likes

Re: Cheating In Relationships- A Big Deal? by SlimmB(m): 10:55pm On Dec 03, 2016
Cheating does good to the victim but most victims don't see it that way cause they're to weak, afraid and selfish... grin cool
Re: Cheating In Relationships- A Big Deal? by BabaRamota1980: 2:35am On Dec 04, 2016
Splinz:

Yes, cheating in a relationship. It has become a norm of some sort, where you get to hear people's bitterness as a result of devastating effect of cheating partners. This problem has led to so many broken homes and lives, and sometimes, lost of life. What can be done to stop infidelity

Each time I hear of infidelity and cries of its victims, I got worried. Not worried about the victims per se, but about their bitterness!

Why are they crying and heartbroken over a cheat Can we honestly expects 100% faithfulness from carnal human beings Is man known for perfection or striving towards it

Here is what I think. Unfaithfulness will never cease from man. For like a toddler, man walks and fall occasionally and the most important thing being rising up again.

Like they say, "To err is human; to forgive divine". Again, like my opening quote says, shall we then stop loving that we may not be betrayed

Be the judge.

ok, somebody finally open a sensible thread.

Listen, my grandfather and i are best buddies in the world, i share things with him that even my parents will never ever ever know. I took my girlfriend (who is now my wife) to say hello to my buddy. She slipped tongue and answered one of his questions awkwardly. The question was "this slacker (referring to me) told me he is serious about you. if he decides to take a second wife in future, what would be your reaction?" She responded to him and said "the more we are the merrier, i just hate to deal with discoveries, they are ugly".

OP,
a smart man should never cheat, there is no ground for it. Relationships will take away your freedoms, it's a given. So before going in, set clear expectations and stick to it. When expectations are not set assumptions fill the gap and when the limitations are broken dissapointment and disillusionment sets in.

1 Like

Re: Cheating In Relationships- A Big Deal? by Splinz(m): 8:04am On Dec 04, 2016
Sexxkillz:

Not really a big deal, until the lady you "changed" for, and left all the other ladies for, does it to you.

Well, I must also add at this junction that I'm not encouraging cheating at all.

I'm only saying that whenever we slip and realised our mistakes by pleading for forgiveness, we should be forgiven since to "err is human...".

It's very important to forgive in a relationship without which, I don't think we can start or keep any one at all.
Re: Cheating In Relationships- A Big Deal? by Splinz(m): 8:11am On Dec 04, 2016
SlimmB:
Cheating does good to the victim but most victims don't see it that way cause they're to weak, afraid and selfish... grin cool

I think you have a point. Personally, I love & respect strong hearted women a lot.

1 Like

Re: Cheating In Relationships- A Big Deal? by Splinz(m): 8:16am On Dec 04, 2016
BabaRamota1980:

ok, somebody finally open a sensible thread.

Listen, my grandfather and i are best buddies in the world, i share things with him that even my parents will never ever ever know. I took my girlfriend (who is now my wife) to say hello to my buddy. She slipped tongue and answered one of his questions awkwardly. The question was "this slacker (referring to me) told me he is serious about you. if he decides to take a second wife in future, what would be your reaction?" She responded to him and said "the more we are the merrier, i just hate to deal with discoveries, they are ugly".

OP,
a smart man should never cheat, there is no ground for it. Relationships will take away your freedoms, it's a given. So before going in, set clear expectations and stick to it. When expectations are not set assumptions fill the gap and when the limitations are broken dissapointment and disillusionment sets in.

Nice one bro. "...set clear expectations and stick to it".

But I wish we can always get to keep our promises without failing... Oh poor man!
Re: Cheating In Relationships- A Big Deal? by FreeSpirited: 8:22am On Dec 04, 2016
Cheating is not a big deal if your mind can take it......just dnt get caught and use condom
Re: Cheating In Relationships- A Big Deal? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Dec 16, 2016
it's better to avoid the relationship
Re: Cheating In Relationships- A Big Deal? by Splinz(m): 6:30pm On Dec 16, 2016
lilyqueen:
it's better to avoid the relationship

You think that'll solve the problem?
Re: Cheating In Relationships- A Big Deal? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Dec 16, 2016
Splinz:

You think that'll solve the problem?

maybe
Re: Cheating In Relationships- A Big Deal? by Splinz(m): 6:48pm On Dec 16, 2016
lilyqueen:

maybe

Well... maybe as you said.
Re: Cheating In Relationships- A Big Deal? by vchykp(m): 7:57pm On Dec 16, 2016
Personally i have never cheated on my bae, because i personally know the implication of infidelity, its all about determination, what you find in Miss A is what u'll find in B, i am tempted to try cheating each time we quarel, but the thought of it turns me off..
Re: Cheating In Relationships- A Big Deal? by Splinz(m): 3:40pm On Feb 16, 2019
tungstar:

Be the judge
Re: Cheating In Relationships- A Big Deal? by Tamarapetty(f): 3:46pm On Feb 16, 2019
Don't get into any relationship, when you clearly know you can't/won't be faithful. Nobody forced u into it. #NoSelfControl #NoDiscipline

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

3rd Wonder Of Romanceland: STFUareuGod Deactivated / I Luv Riding Big Stuffs / Lol! This Whatsapp Chat Is The Definition Of 'savagery'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.