Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,207 members, 7,822,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? (22049 Views)

Poll: Is there any acceptable excuse for beating up your lover?

Yes: 23% (15 votes)
No: 76% (49 votes)
This poll has ended

Please, Why Is This Man Not Happy On His Wedding Day? (photo) / Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? / Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by gameaddict(m): 11:46pm On Nov 10, 2009
Hey people!

Could any of you educate me on why people think a man should never hit a woman? The issue has been on my mind lately, not because I'm itching to beat anyone( just so the stupid ones know. ) but because I've noticed so many people expressing the opinion that it is wrong and yet I can't find a reason to justify this.

What do you people think? Can anyone give a sensible and convincing reason for his/her opinion as clearly as possible so we can get this sorted.

To me, men and women are equals in every respect and i see no reason scientifically or sinfully( I don't think i should say religiously) why they can't engage in whatever form of physical exercise( forgive whatever thought this creates ) in their everyday interactions. Although it is a fact that most men bully women, the probability of doing the same to other males who they may perceive as weak is the same, given the right conditions. So before we label anyone a 'woman beater' ( yeah, you Chris Brown haters,  bring it on ), lets educate ourselves on the perception of this species.

Before you post, You should also know that the fact that women are 'expected' to be soft, charming and whatever, is not a reason. Most women also engage in fights and would not hesitate to throw blows if the opponent is perceived as a weak male.

Expecting sensible replies,
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by Kunbee: 11:50pm On Nov 10, 2009
Ask the villagers around you wink
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by lovemoi2(f): 4:09am On Nov 11, 2009
you asked a dumb question

so in all the science books you have been reading you never came across the place where men are genetically stronger than women

u wanna justify hitting a woman cos you do it i guess
usually men that hit women are cowards and cant even fight with men their size
and they are usually insecure and in general puss*ies
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by Remii(m): 4:42am On Nov 11, 2009
It is really animalistic fighting even men not to talk of hitting someone you call your wife, Funke's discussion of the topic is very interesting.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/columnists/funke/2009/funke-10-oct-2009.htm
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by xreal: 6:44am On Nov 11, 2009
No reason at all.
So, continue to hit your woman real harder ok!
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by izeek(m): 8:41am On Nov 11, 2009
when u hit a woman, what have u been able to prove other than the fact that,
1. u can and will always be able to beat her
2. you are stronger than she is ,
3. you have no self respect for your woman.
4. you have no self control hence u are an animal,
5. you saw no wrong in your father hitting ur ma.
6. you consider voilence the only conflict resolution means u know.
7. civilization has been able to elude your mental state.
8. that hitting her would have succesfuly passsed the message across.

guy i can go on and on, but u dont need to be told its not proper.

you hit her now, and still come back to sleep with her.
moreso at the point u are hitting her, and she is in tears, how do u feel?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by smooooooth: 9:43am On Nov 11, 2009
izeek:

when u hit a woman, what have u been able to prove other than the fact that,
1. u can and will always be able to beat her
2. you are stronger than she is ,
3. you have no self respect for your woman.
4. you have no self control hence u are an animal,
5. you saw no wrong in your father hitting your ma.
6. you consider voilence the only conflict resolution means u know.
7. civilization has been able to elude your mental state.
8. that hitting her would have succesfuly passsed the message across.

guy i can go on and on, but u dont need to be told its not proper.

you hit her now, and still come back to sleep with her.
moreso at the point u are hitting her, and she is in tears, how do u feel?

u pulled this words from my ass, right through and stomach and outta my mouth.

poster, hope u got all the reasons why u shldnt hit a woman.
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by gameaddict(m): 2:04pm On Nov 11, 2009
The only sensible thing i've read is the 6th point raised by izeek. the rest of your posts are stupid and baseless especially that of the first person to reply.I expected you people to read and answer my questions rationaly and objectively. Instead, some of you are giving silly and abusive answers. Despite the fact that i agree and support the 6th point raised by izeek, he should also note that the point is widely applicable to other things outside this topic. This is not a debate on whether violence is the answer to a problem. It is a debate on whether there is any reason apart from sentiments and perception, why the two sexes can not engage in a fight. Please no more husband and wife shit. I'm still young and I just happen to have the habit of basing principles on sensible facts. Also note that percieving women as weak or inferior is not something i do. I just want to know the reasons why people hold certain principles. If we were to agree that women are genetically weaker than men as someone said, then we can also agree that they are weak in other respects in relation to men. This shows that some of you dont inspect both sides of the coin you toss. Most women and men build themselves based on what society expects but it is not impossible to expect millions to be different. Think before posting answers that are weak. No one should be afraid to express their opinions as long as it's sensible and well examined. ↲ PS: people who cant think well should stay away. Especially those who have the habit of going with the crowds opinion instead of thinking with their heads. I apologise if any one is offended and once again, Think.
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by lovemoi2(f): 2:08pm On Nov 11, 2009
you are probably just 14years old, anyway when you grow up, u will understand
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by Ben13: 2:13pm On Nov 11, 2009
What do you take women for in the first place?
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by gameaddict(m): 2:16pm On Nov 11, 2009
If you really understand, then give a non sentimental reason please.
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Nov 11, 2009
gameaddict:

The only sensible thing i've read is the 6th point raised by izeek. the rest of your posts are stupid and baseless especially that of the first person to reply.I expected you people to read and answer my questions rationaly and objectively. Instead, some of you are giving silly and abusive answers. Despite the fact that i agree and support the 6th point raised by izeek, he should also note that the point is widely applicable to other things outside this topic. This is not a debate on whether violence is the answer to a problem. It is a debate on whether there is any reason apart from sentiments and perception, why the two sexes can not engage in a fight. Please no more husband and wife shit. I'm still young and I just happen to have the habit of basing principles on sensible facts. Also note that percieving women as weak or inferior is not something i do. I just want to know the reasons why people hold certain principles. If we were to agree that women are genetically weaker than men as someone said, then we can also agree that they are weak in other respects in relation to men. This shows that some of you dont inspect both sides of the coin you toss. Most women and men build themselves based on what society expects but it is not impossible to expect millions to be different. Think before posting answers that are weak. No one should be afraid to express their opinions as long as it's sensible and well examined. ↲ PS: people who cant think well should stay away. Especially those who have the habit of going with the crowds opinion instead of thinking with their heads. I apologise if any one is offended and once again, Think.

Obviously!!
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by MissyB1(m): 2:23pm On Nov 11, 2009
lovemoi2:

you asked a dumb question

Thank You!!!

No well trained child or enlightened human would ask for reasons
to treat other people (male and female) right.

Get trained and please, make it as fast as possible.
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by BloodShed1: 2:25pm On Nov 11, 2009
I agree that a man shouldnt hit a woman, but to an extent. If a man is just smacking his woman regularly for a smart-ass comment or anything less then he's a bitch, thats just wrong.

But if a woman squares up and bumps heads with you and puts her hands on you then she's on your level. Smack that biatch.

Bottom line, dont attack someone and expect that person to stand there and take it. You get what you give.
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by gameaddict(m): 2:38pm On Nov 11, 2009
@ blood_shed. Thanks for posting. At least someone is getting the point. To make this clearer, you people should remove factors like love or matrimony. I just want to know why two people of different genders will offend themselves and get in a fight and at the outcome, the male is labeled a woman beater. Please this is not about chris and rihana. I just mentioned them to make more people contribute to the debate. I once again state that i have never hit women and have no intention of doing that. It's just that sentiments and equality don't go together.
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by gameaddict(m): 2:48pm On Nov 11, 2009
@ missy b. You obviously think like one of those ancient africans who were well trained but never hesitated when it came to killing twins, burying people alive e.t.c. The issue is not about me or anyone treating people in certain ways. Its about perception and reasoning. So drop that African fallacy about having morals than others and start thinking. This is a world wide issue and i have everyright to question perceptions and issues conflicting with others. This is based on a standpoint of equality among other things. I am sorry but i felt i had to touch your emotions in this reply. Don't be too offended
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by BloodShed1: 2:48pm On Nov 11, 2009
gameaddict:

@ blood_shed.  Thanks for posting. At least someone is getting the point. To make this clearer, you people should remove factors like love or matrimony. I just want to know why two people of different genders will offend themselves and get in a fight and at the outcome, the male is labeled a woman beater. Please this is not about chris and rihana. I just mentioned them to make more people contribute to the debate. I once again state that i have never hit women and have no intention of doing that. It's just that sentiments and equality don't go together.

People are just brainwashed from what society feeds them, People just jump to the woman's side.

If Rihanna had beaten Chris Brown like that then she'll be a hero and sell even more records, while Chris would have been ridiculed by everyone, either way the man loses. Those double standards make me sick. When I first heard about that incident I assumed Rihanna must have really provoked him. If she was continuously slapping him when he was driving then she deserved to get punched. Nobody is untouchable.
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by talk2sulta: 3:06pm On Nov 11, 2009
@poster
Its obvious that most respondents do not get the question before sending in a reply,probably I think its because the poster asked the question at the romance section so most respondents view it as "why would a guy not hit his girlfriend?".NO!,he simply asked,"why should a man not hit a woman?".
In my own opinion,a man can hit a woman,depending on the circumstances surrounding the hitting.If a woman attacks a man,the man can fight back,in this case,its called figthing,since the man was acting in self defense,probably matching the lady power for power,blow for blow.But for a man to deal blows on a woman without a response from the woman,it is called bullying,assault molestation and does not seem right in my own opinion.
Naturally,most men are phsically stronger than women and it would be so ungentlemanly to hit them,because you know you have an edge ,at least physically.But if you encounter a woman that can match you strenght for strenght,you can engage her in a combat,theres nothing wrong with that.BUT NEVER HIT A WOMAN WHO WOULD DO NOTHING BUT CRY,ITS UNGENTLEMANLY AND MORALLY WRONG.
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by lovemoi2(f): 3:06pm On Nov 11, 2009
the poster of this tread is just looking for a reason to justify him hitting a woman

A REAL MAN WOULD NEVER HIT A WOMAN

only low life insecure men hit women and find reasons like ''she hit me first''
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by BloodShed1: 3:11pm On Nov 11, 2009
lovemoi2:

the poster of this tread is just looking for a reason to justify him hitting a woman

BULLSH!T

So its alright for a woman to hit a man?!

Nobody should put their hands on anybody, SIMPLE!!

If you're man enough to hit someone then you're man enough to take it.

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by romsky: 3:11pm On Nov 11, 2009
Y hit in the first instance?
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by lovemoi2(f): 3:13pm On Nov 11, 2009

Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by MissyB1(m): 3:16pm On Nov 11, 2009
gameaddict:

@ missy b. You obviously think like one of those ancient africans who were well trained but never hesitated when it came to killing twins, burying people alive e.t.c.  
This is lame and not funny.
Say something better and I'll give it a constructive rebuttal.

gameaddict:

The issue is not about me or anyone treating people in certain ways. Its about perception and reasoning.
What do You mean it's not about You? T's about ma late Granny? undecided
Who brought up the topic of not having a problem with beating a Lady?

Listen up . . . .It's only animalistic to pass Your point across in a violent manner.
I said and I repeat - No courteous Gentleman/Lady would raise a hand
against anatha person.

You can either temporarily ignore anyone who gets on Your nerve or decide not to see 'em again. You don't treat people right when You beat 'em and if You don't see anyffin wrong with inflicting pains on anatha human, You need Your head examined. smiley

gameaddict:

I am sorry but i felt i had to touch your emotions in this reply. Don't be too offended
Worry not 'cause there's no offense taken yet.
I just have to deal with the fact that I'm wasting ma time
teaching You what ma Year 3 old brovver knows from birth.
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by asha80(m): 3:18pm On Nov 11, 2009
i think i know where the poster is coming from.

however poster have you ever wondered why in a sport like wrestling men do not fight women  grin

lovemoi2:

And why would a woman hit a man?
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Nov 11, 2009
Its better to pick battles with opponents your own size. undecided
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by lovemoi2(f): 3:21pm On Nov 11, 2009
Missy B:

I just have to deal with the fact that I'm wasting ma time
teaching You what ma Year 3 old brovver knows from birth.

BINGO!!!
thats why i find the question of this tread ridiculous

Ebonyeyes:

Its better to pick battles with opponents your own size.  undecided
to add gender

i am clapping for you right now cheesy
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by KennyG6(m): 3:22pm On Nov 11, 2009
i dont subscribe to violence of any sort, but some women dont half try your patience, its as if they are taunting you to hit them so that they can feel abused,
Guys just walk away and count from 1 to 10000000000000,
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by romsky: 3:23pm On Nov 11, 2009
He myt prove stubborn just to get attention
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by gameaddict(m): 3:24pm On Nov 11, 2009
@ talk2sulta. Thanks you obviously get the question and I now believe I posted this question in the wrong section. It's obviously meant for ladies to write about their dreams and thoughts that relate to romance and not for serious issues. People don't realize that romance or love among the sexes is a serious issue and their perceptions affect them on a whole bigger scale than they can imagine.

@ lovemoi2. You are obviously one of those who don't think of anything except romance, chivalry and 'real men'. The question is not about 'she hit me first' issues related to lovers. It is about two random people of different genders annoying themselves and fighting, and the way people perceive the male involved.

@ asha 08. You should know that men have fought women in wrestling. It's however not done regularly as Promoters are not sure of 'what people would think. Do you watch WWE and TNA regularly? You should search for some old tapes and remember to think before posting.
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Nov 11, 2009
Hitting is wrong period! The only place it is acceptable to strike someone is in a boxing ring.
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by romsky: 3:32pm On Nov 11, 2009
ow can u profess luv to sum1 & then turn to punching bag
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by gameaddict(m): 3:37pm On Nov 11, 2009
@ missy b. You should be able to differentiate a joke from a statement meant to point out the fact that your reply inferred that you think like the crowd and did not give a good reason. I asked for a reason for your sentiments and opinions and you were attacking me instead. argumentum ad hominem. You should read the recent posts to understand better. This is not about being gentlemanly. Imagine a woman of considerable size and strength attacking a weaker male. If the male were to retaliate and win the fight, he'd be labeled as a woman beater. Enough with society's perception. Give me one good reason to ponder on and I'll thank you for it. THANKS.

@ romsky Did you read the other posts to understand that it is not about lovers?

PEOPLE PLEASE. GOOD REASONS.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? / Fixed / Thread For Singles That Are Ready For Marriage.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.