Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:03 AM

Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? (22030 Views)

Poll: Is there any acceptable excuse for beating up your lover?

Yes: 23% (15 votes)
No: 76% (49 votes)
This poll has ended

Please, Why Is This Man Not Happy On His Wedding Day? (photo) / Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? / Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by ekitikan(m): 2:06pm On Nov 12, 2009
Pharoh:

Interesting thread

So whats the solution if i may ask? I would like to hear from the ladies what solution they have for a difficult woman or a woman that has a taunting and bad mouth.

There are better ways to handle issues than to resort to violence,one of it is patience and addressing issues maturedly.If a woman is looking for trouble the easy and logical thing to do is to walk out,and in cases where the woman blocks the road well you just have to try and calm down and use your number 6.It is needless to hit or resort to violence,but try to avoid trouble as much as possible.But like the bible say:It is better to live on the roof of a house than to live with a contentious woman,take that advice if wahala too much,walk out.shikena
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by Maxidoe(m): 2:07pm On Nov 12, 2009
Pharoh:

I get you brother and i would also not take it likely with someone that hit my sister as well but i just don't want us to be blind to the issue behind why a woman should hit a man first?

If we continue looking at the solution from the male angle then we are not helping the female side of this issue. I answered those questions because i would have addressed this issue from the source. Lets address the cause of this hitting in the first place. A woman should control her emotions and a man as well should not provoke a lady to loose her emotion.

If we can sort that out then we will all be fine because we live in a complex society where there is no standard for addressing such issues. Just take the case of rihanna and Chris brown.

If i may ask you what is the best punishment for a murderer?

My brother no vex abeg.

I feel u, no shaking, for me,death should be, dont compare it with a woman hitting u first, lol,
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by kunlexist(m): 2:12pm On Nov 12, 2009
Think dosn't speak well of u, though done once  and i regreted
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by sandee575(f): 2:23pm On Nov 12, 2009
It smacks of barbarism for a man to elect to beat a woman for any reason. I witnessed a scene on a Lagos
road following a car accident between a man and a lady. The lady aggressively slapped the man in the heat
of the argument that ensued. Those who expected the man to retaliate alike were disappointed when the man reached into his car
boot, produced a wheel spanner and knocked out the woman's car headlights. She stood there crying while the onlookers cheered the man.
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by scottN(m): 2:33pm On Nov 12, 2009
Ques: Why Should A Man Not Hit a Woman?
Ans: A Man Should Not Hit a Woman Because a Woman Should Not Hit a Man!
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by sleak(m): 2:34pm On Nov 12, 2009
i treat every woman as an EQUAL cool cool cool grin grin
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by blackboy(m): 2:36pm On Nov 12, 2009
"O I promise never to hit you again . It was a mistake, I love you, please forgive me." It's a farce , could be real but most likely a lie. But the weird thing is that ladies keep going back to the same guy who hits them. Rihanna did it too as she confessed in her recent interview bout Chris Brown incident with her. But when she saw clearly she finally called it's quits. Have you heard Chris Brown's response to her interview? He is raging and hitting her verbally like demanding she SHUT UP!!

It's guys who think they can fight who hit ladies. In summary a real wimp. It is never right to hit a lady nor should any lady keep allowing herself to be abused.It's not normal nor should be accepted.

Why should a man Nt Hit a Woman? It's wrong, it's an abuse, cruel, physically and emotionally affects a woman negatively and simply a crime cause she's a woman. Even hitting a man sometimes is a crime talk less of a woman. There are loads of other ways of resolving issues instead of hitting.
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by Pharoh: 2:39pm On Nov 12, 2009
ekitikan:

Brother you have spoken my mind and to say the truth i have never hit a woman before and i don't have such intentions or trying to justify it. She won't even block the way for me when i see the signs i call it quit and use style run away or just shut my mouth. When she is calm you can always talk to her and pass your message across which is then an ideal environment or situation.

My argument is just that we should try to tell them through this medium not to be contentious all the time. The ability to control our emotions as men varies  so not everyone will apply the principle you have highlighted.

Maxidoe:

I feel u, no shaking, for me,death should be, don't compare it with a woman hitting u first, lol,

Okay good to hear that and same with me too but i am not comparing the too based on crime but the reasons behind those actions.

Don't you think it in addition ( To death )  we should address the reasons why there was a murder in the first place?

Can't we address the issues behind the initial hitting in the first place? You can see my reply to the other poster above.
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by Mydex(m): 2:57pm On Nov 12, 2009
Women are all the same
So sentimental
The broda asked a direct sensible question
and all u ladies are attacking him left right and center
without actually answering the question.

I think the women are the insecure ones

Any indepent lady shud prove me wrong
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by whitesturd(f): 3:04pm On Nov 12, 2009
Men who beat their ladies are cowards and not real men.Real men wud rather walk away than lay a finger.why wud a correctt guy in his right senses hit a woman no matter the provocation.civilised guys dont do that and its realy a disgrace and shame for a guy to come out publicly to say wts the big deal in wife bashing.
If any guy shd try comin close to even lay a finger on me,that is the day he wud know dt me mysef,i have a Black Belt in Taekwando
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by ladygaga(f): 3:06pm On Nov 12, 2009
@poster, although it is TOTALLY wrong and unacceptable to hit anybody for whatever reason (whether same sex or opposite-)

but on the flip side, anybody can physically fight with  anybody regardless of the person(male or female) that is beaten up
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by ruskiee(m): 3:09pm On Nov 12, 2009
People argue everyday. No reason to start hitting each other though.
But does it happen? Yes it does.
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Nov 12, 2009
why shld a woman not hit a man
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by bawomolo(m): 4:30pm On Nov 12, 2009
everyone has a right to self-defense.  It doesn't matter if it's a man or woman attacking you. 

men shouldn't hit women but women shouldn't use that as an excuse to start drama.   violence should be avoided regardless of gender

agathamari:

its called chivalry.  something which is lost on nigerian men

you do realize the concept of chivalry means women lose their right to equality right?  You either want equality or to be treated as some fragile toy.
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by jalether(m): 5:19pm On Nov 12, 2009
bawomolo:

everyone has a right to self-defense.  It doesn't matter if it's a man or woman attacking you. 

men shouldn't hit women but women shouldn't use that as an excuse to start drama.   violence should be avoided regardless of gender

you do realize the concept of chivalry means women lose their right to equality right?  You either want equality or to be treated as some fragile toy.

GBAM, you cannot eat your cake and have it
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by gameaddict(m): 5:26pm On Nov 12, 2009
@ everyone. Thanks for your responses. Especially those who thought of the question from a general standpoint and those who made points about equality. I realize that my first post might have been misleading to some especially some women who i think felt threatened or annoyed by it. I know many of you thought it mainly had to do with fighting or beating in relationships due to my mentioning of chris and rihana. The real issue is that most people will always stigmatize or show hatred towards the male in any fighting scenario involving the two genders all over the world. So enough of the ladies and gentlemen replies. Why would ladies and gentlemen raise fists in the first place( cuz they aint ladies and gentlemen? ). I also didn't like the reply about nigerian men not being gentlemen in the first place. The issue is world wide and fyi, nigerian men have twice the manliness and gentlemanly nature of all other men. grin ps: if you want to experience what being with a gentleman feel like, you should mail me, dont start. grin
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by Caringpro(f): 5:46pm On Nov 12, 2009
@Poster,

There may not be any scientific or lay down rule that says don't hit women. But remember that it is REALLY STUPID TO ENGAGE IN PHYSICAL FIGHTS EVEN WITH FELLOW MEN, so why must one then engage his wife, his better half to such fight? There are many ways one could easily CORRECT his woman when she goes wrong. abi?
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by HC: 5:58pm On Nov 12, 2009
Because some women are quite annoying,
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by blackspade(m): 7:47pm On Nov 12, 2009
On average, men are much stronger and masculine than women, and it is very cowardly to beat on someone who cannot fairly beat you back.

The only time I would justify hitting a woman is if she is trying to kill someone.

[size=20pt]MEN WHO HIT WOMEN ARE COWARDS.[/size]
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by pichichi(m): 9:56pm On Nov 12, 2009
i don't advocate, a man lifting his finger on a woman, its STONE AGE, but for instance, me and my friend, with his girl(both of them) got in 2 an argument, she step out of the car, and she said, WE WILL HAVE AN ACCIDENT AS WE WHERE DRIVING AWAY, I FELT REALLY INFURIATED, it wasn't my fight,but directly i was been wished a car accident.SOME GIRL'S ASK FOR IT,
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by duality(m): 10:55pm On Nov 12, 2009
people would always bring sentiments to issues like this thats the problem

a female commissioner for education in a state n the south south region gave a slap to a man for not complying with her instructions and funny, it was taken lightly.in fact she was called action lady, disciplinarian , strong woman etc bt a man would be crucified for doing 1/10 of that

well, not all women need to be hit, but some deserve to be corrected physically where necessary.
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Nov 12, 2009
@Poster, u need to grow up before u know what u're talking about! Men who hit women r simply loosers in life
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by blackspade(m): 11:37pm On Nov 12, 2009
duality:

people would always bring sentiments to issues like this  thats the problem

a female commissioner for education in a state n the south south region gave a slap to a man for not complying with her instructions and funny, it was taken lightly.in fact she was called action lady, disciplinarian , strong woman etc bt a man would be crucified for doing 1/10 of that

well, not all women need to be hit, but some deserve to be corrected physically where necessary.

While I agree that a woman shouldn't put her hands on a man, women are on average weaker than men, and a strike from them does not warrant a much stronger counter-strike from a much stronger man.
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by gameaddict(m): 12:52am On Nov 13, 2009
@ pleasers. I asked for your reasons and you didn't give any. You as a grown up should have learnt how to ponder over issues and give answers without bias. You should think of scenarios and issues that may lead to 'both' of them engaging in a fight instead of getting angry at the question and posting replies that help nobody.
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by bawomolo(m): 1:04am On Nov 13, 2009
blackspade:

While I agree that a woman shouldn't put her hands on a man, women are on average weaker than men, and a strike from them does not warrant a much stronger counter-strike from a much stronger man.

i see, so what would u do in this situation?

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6EA7KisL0Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&"[/flash]
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by blackspade(m): 1:12am On Nov 13, 2009
^ I can't view youtube videos today for some reason, what is it? If its anything life threatening, then refer to post #82.
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by gameaddict(m): 1:19am On Nov 13, 2009
TO THE LADIES: Please before you post any reply, cool off. Especially if the question causes any aggrevation of neurons. In other words; chill and think before posting your replies. I am not trying to defend that shameless boyfriend of yours. You should not take this as a revolt against women. You could begin by creating a scene involving that other girl who likes spreading rumours about you. She's big and powerful. She annoys a guy and doesn't mind fighting as she even goes on to throw the first and second blows. The guy, (shame on him for also resorting to violence, Well thats life) not looking at it from a stand point of gender but from a stand point of being in a fight with an opponent who is aiming to do anything possible to beat him, tries his best, ensures he wins the fight. Then some people begin calling him a woman beater. Not the best scenario or illustration but start with it. Why in your opinion do you think he should not have retaliated simply because she is a woman even when she is more powerful and bent on winning. THIS IS NOT A DEBATE ON WHETHER VIOLENCE IS AN ANSWER AND PLEASE DON'T KNOCK MY ILLUSTRATION. IT IS JUST AN ATTEMPT TO PULL YOU AWAY FROM BIAS.
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by gameaddict(m): 1:30am On Nov 13, 2009
Do you people realize that because of peoples perception and knowing how some people dont act rationally, movie makers are forced to portray women who fight against men in movies as strong, bitchy( don't like that word, oh well) and temptingly sexy among other things. This, they feel helps to ward off any feeling of oppositing that might arise from fellow women who see themselves as too classy to indulge, In fact, these women are sometimes convicted based on these roles in the hearts of fellow women, I feel sleepy and my thoughts are trailing elsewhere. Keep posting thoughtful replies.
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by bbngozi(f): 1:42am On Nov 13, 2009
to answer your question SIMPLE AND SHORT. THE ONLY REASON WHY A MAN SHOULD NOT HIT A WOMAN IS IF HE SEES THAT HE'S SUPERIOR AND THAT THE WOMAN IS DEFENSELESS. BUT ON THE OTHER HAND, IF THE WOMAN IS THE ONE HITTING HIM AND HAVE NO INTENTION OF STOPPING, EXCUSING ME FOR SAYING THIS, BUT I WILL SAY " PLZ SLAP THE LIVING HELL OUT OF HER!!"
i'M A WOMAN AND I DON'T BELIEVE IN WOMAN BEATER BUT SOMETIMES SOME OF US NEEDS TO BE SAT DOWN WHERE WE BELONG
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by Nobody: 9:50am On Nov 13, 2009
In my own view, hitting a woman can be correct if she is your wife, a wife and a carpet are the same you beat them once in a while to keep them clean!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by eebro(m): 9:56am On Nov 13, 2009
Hit a woman----------- pride of the nation, our mother, our helper ,
whoever do that has really committed an offence to the lord.
Sorry, should we talk of there perseverance, diligently handing situations wen it comes to protecting their husband, children and siblings.
if truly one love his wife, he will neva make attempt of hitting her
eebro
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by meggieblac: 10:17am On Nov 13, 2009
Ranks007:

In my own view, hitting a woman can be correct if she is your wife, a wife and a carpet are the same you beat them once in a while to keep them clean!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
i feel for guys like u. pls wake up dis is 2009 not the dark ages.
bbngozi:

to answer your question SIMPLE AND SHORT. THE ONLY REASON WHY A MAN SHOULD NOT HIT A WOMAN IS IF HE SEE'S THAT HE'S SUPERIOR AND THAT THE WOMAN IS DEFENSELESS. BUT ON THE OTHER HAND, IF THE WOMAN IS THE ONE HITTING HIM AND HAVE NO INTENTION OF STOPPING, EXCUSING ME FOR SAYING THIS BUT I WILL " PLZ SLAP THE LIVING HELL OUT OF HER!!"
you are correct, it's really wrong but in self defence when you cant stop her it's ok. i'm a woman and hate 'beaters' but we ladies should try not to provoke what we cant control.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Is Too Dependent Advice Needed / Deleted Post / Where Did I Go Wrong Here?- A True Life Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.