Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,678 members, 7,820,377 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage (18338 Views)

Do You Think You Are Ready For Marriage? See This / If You Didn't Play With These Dolls As A Girl,you Are N't Ripe For Marriage@pic / Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by N101: 10:58pm On Nov 13, 2009
There is no defined age for when a woman is ready for marriage "there's a time and a purpose for everything under the sun".  A woman could be ready at 22 but not marry until she's 42.  She could not be ready at 25 and meet someone - there are no hard and fast rules about this.

It is important that a woman marry someone who compliments them and is compatible with them.  Know who suits you and who is suitable for you.  Not every man is a match and vice versa.

It is good for couples to have shared interests, as well as their own interests.  Inter-dependence is the key.

A woman should be comfortable in her own skin so that she is able to share her life with someone else.  Mature enough to deal with the ups and downs of life, because they are many and they are very real.

Not everyone who gets married is mature, some learn difficult lessons along the way but stick at it.  Very few people nowadays are committed to anything, how on earth do they expect to understand the commitment which marriage requires?

Marrying another person isn't a "package deal", you don't get everything you want in one person and assume they will never disappoint you. 

Most importantly, marriage requires commitment.  It's not about sex (that can be worked on), or looks (they change and everything goes south after a while), it's about fidelity in spite of the temptations, love and patience even when they get on your last nerve, being able to bring out the best in someone and seeing the best in them.  "Love always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres"

big rod:

these girls are now blaming god and pastors for getting married late instead of themselves

Are you saying it's God's will that every single person be married?

Please humour me and explain your "logic".
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by Pius33(m): 11:15pm On Nov 13, 2009
a woman is right 4 mariage wen she realize d basics necessities and obligation which mariage entails[/color]
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by Pius33(m): 11:41pm On Nov 13, 2009

Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage
« #96 on: Today at 10:58:40 PM »

There is no defined age for when a woman is ready for marriage "there's a time and a purpose for everything under the sun". A woman could be ready at 22 but not marry until she's 42. She could not be ready at 25 and meet someone - there are no hard and fast rules about this.

I tell u, i do apreciate ur words
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by posakosa(m): 12:01am On Nov 14, 2009
try telling a 22 year old woman that she is to get married at 42---- lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by Fhemmmy: 1:13am On Nov 14, 2009
Pius33:

Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage
« #96 on: Today at 10:58:40 PM »

There is no defined age for when a woman is ready for marriage "there's a time and a purpose for everything under the sun". A woman could be ready at 22 but not marry until she's 42. She could not be ready at 25 and meet someone - there are no hard and fast rules about this.

I tell u, i do apreciate your words

we are not talking about the age, but what are the things that are needed for her to have achieved?
posakosa:

try telling a 22 year old woman that she is to get married at 42---- lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

try tell a woman that, and she will swear for you.
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by posakosa(m): 1:14am On Nov 14, 2009
swear is not the only thing my friend---- she will probably, burn you alive------ lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by Fhemmmy: 1:16am On Nov 14, 2009
posakosa:

swear is not the only thing my friend---- she will probably, burn you alive------ lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Lol . . . hence they end up rushing to get marry, cos they have a defined age for themselves after which they think if they are not married, the society will frown at them
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by posakosa(m): 1:18am On Nov 14, 2009
A Nigerian woman who rather be first to marry and then divorced--- than last to marry and truly enjoying her marriage after achieve certain milestones--- that u've pointed out
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by Fhemmmy: 1:21am On Nov 14, 2009
posakosa:

A Nigerian woman who rather be first to marry and then divorced--- than last to marry and truly enjoying her marriage after achieve certain milestones--- that u've pointed out

yeah, but i hope they will wake up and see the light and stop the race to the later, cos there is no price or a trophy for who married first, but the woman that last in the home of her man will be respected.
Please, i just have to say this, no matter how nice the man is, when he lay his hands on you, please, forget about been named a good wife, run for you life, while your legs could carry you
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by posakosa(m): 1:22am On Nov 14, 2009
^^^^ well said
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by Fhemmmy: 1:25am On Nov 14, 2009
I hope that one day, Nigerian govt will do enuf to protect the abused women and the innocent kids
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 2:24am On Nov 14, 2009
Wen da boobs are flaunting,
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by Fhemmmy: 2:25am On Nov 14, 2009
brein:

That happens sometimes at the age of 14 . . . . . so is she ready at that age?
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by posakosa(m): 2:32am On Nov 14, 2009
brein:

boobs---- its all about what is going on in your mind---my friend
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by Fhemmmy: 2:36am On Nov 14, 2009
posakosa:

boobs---- its all about what is going on in your mind---my friend

Lol.
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by posakosa(m): 2:39am On Nov 14, 2009
seriously--- dont you think---- the mere fact a baby walks naked in front of you doesn't mean that baby is ready for marriage wink wink
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by Fhemmmy: 3:42am On Nov 14, 2009
posakosa:

seriously--- dont you think---- the mere fact a baby walks naked in front of you doesn't mean that baby is ready for marriage wink wink

infact, it only means that the lady is ready to get laid
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by stede(m): 4:55am On Nov 14, 2009
wen she has the mental capability to capacitate some doxologicating situations of life. i.e mental maturity. most girl are not mentally mature and this causes a mega bigger problem BTW dem and their in laws + husband in some cases
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 9:00am On Nov 14, 2009
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by N101: 2:23pm On Nov 14, 2009
posakosa:

swear is not the only thing my friend---- she will probably, burn you alive------  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

The reality is that none of us know what our future holds.  And you would probably deserve that burning!

Fhemmmy:

we are not talking about the age, but what are the things that are needed for her to have achieved?

I think you missed my point - the answer to your question is in the rest of my reply. 

That response was for those who are saying that a woman should be married by x or y age.  All I'm pointing out is, as much as we may think this is the case, none of us know how our lives would turn out in advance.  That only happens in films.
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by Fhemmmy: 2:29pm On Nov 14, 2009
N101:

The reality is that none of us know what our future holds.  And you would probably deserve that burning!

I think you missed my point - the answer to your question is in the rest of my reply. 

That response was for those who are saying that a woman should be married by x or y age.  All I'm pointing out is, as much as we may think this is the case, none of us know how our lives would turn out in advance.  That only happens in films.

i so much agree with yu on that one, how i wish we know what the future holds, we would have done so many things differently.
I must agree though, that sometimes, it is so easy to fall for the pressure and the stress of the woman.
stede:

wen she has the mental capability to capacitate some doxologicating situations of life. i.e mental maturity. most girl are not mentally mature and this causes a mega bigger problem BTW dem and their in laws + husband in some cases

Well said, but shd a woman have a degree, a job or some kinda biz that will bring some financial help into the household before marriage?
chaircover:

A woman is ready for marriage when she is able to judge the virtues that really matter in a husband, with her already having these virtues herself.

So he is able to judge and realizes that the husband is sad, cos he is broke and the woman has no income at all, and the parents of the wife needs some money, which the husband doesnt have, then, what?
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by posakosa(m): 2:32pm On Nov 14, 2009
N101:

Who gave this monkey access to a computer---- i don't want to abuse your family so Ill just keep it moving---- the epe way I go use curse u go catch you soo------

Go to a Nigerian mother at your church or mosque and tell her that her 21 years old daughter will NOT get married until the age of 45 and see what she tell you----- oloriburuku randa randa
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by posakosa(m): 2:33pm On Nov 14, 2009
N101---- u're probably 15 years old, so I shouldn't have much to say to u
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by Fhemmmy: 2:39pm On Nov 14, 2009
Guys, let us have fun, while sharing our view, else, the ladies will say they were right, that men always cant express their mind without throwing chairs.
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by posakosa(m): 2:45pm On Nov 14, 2009
N 101 is a 15 yr old child who cannot deal with the pressure that not everyone needs to agree with her. My use of the statement "burning" is a "figure of speech" and NOT directed to your person----- RE-READ the post again.

hopefully my required experimenet will allow you to put things in perspective----- go and see what that mother tells you.
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by Fhemmmy: 2:52pm On Nov 14, 2009
OK . . . so when is a woman ready for marriage?
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by posakosa(m): 2:56pm On Nov 14, 2009
I still remain with my initial statement----

when she is wise enough to know whom to make her husband  <the decision making process is very important, than education or financial status, or a job>

Many women make lots of mistakes in this process, due to pressure, competition, desperation, etc----  many women like to assume that they can CHANGE a man----  don't choose on his bank account, and such---- but on the agreement of love and partnership. Both parties should also have at least similar goals
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by Fhemmmy: 2:59pm On Nov 14, 2009
So u will marry a woman that has no education, no job, no prospect of contributing financially to the upkeep of the house, and you only have a salary that can last you till 20th of the month?
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by posakosa(m): 3:01pm On Nov 14, 2009
Fhemmmy:

So u will marry a woman that has no education, no job, no prospect of contributing financially to the upkeep of the house, and you only have a salary that can last you till 20th of the month?

these factors SHOULD be part of the WHOLE picture---- None of these factors shouldn't be the ONLY decisive factor. It shouldn't be

It should be

Job
Education
Beauty
Compatibility <a package>
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by posakosa(m): 3:02pm On Nov 14, 2009
These factors are part of the entire decision making process---- hehehehe in fact, a [b]SWOT analysis [/b]might be needed if you have various choices---- hhehehehehe tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 3:03pm On Nov 14, 2009
When she understands what marriage entails. A woman doesn't need a university degree to manage a family. Although, I'll indulge women to aim high in education, a degree is not synonymous to literacy. I think if she has a good family background most things will fall into place. wink
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by posakosa(m): 3:06pm On Nov 14, 2009
^^^^^^ well said Stillwater. getting a degree does not translate into education. Only proves literacy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

He Sells His Wife's Chin-chin In The Office / And What's So Special About The Male Child? / Love Or Submission...which Should Come First In Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.