Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,535 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! (39105 Views)

More Trouble In Buhari Camp: Buhari’s Men Subdue Amaechi, Initiates Probe / Dino Melaye To SARS: "I Will Kill Myself And Put You People In Trouble" / Governor Wike Views Port-Harcourt City From A Helicopter (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by SoliBayNG: 4:41pm On Dec 08, 2016
Stuff is real. We noticed it as well!
Mop and it's back in a few
Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by luv2luvu: 5:04pm On Dec 08, 2016
PresidentElect1:

This is serious. Please send to Channels Tv iWitness. They seem to take such information seriously.
The government may not know or do anything if this media houses don't report it.

God bless the Op
Sure I will thanks

1 Like

Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by Codes151(m): 5:06pm On Dec 08, 2016
yarimo:
Silly kid keep on asking stupid question,don't go out and confirm what is happening. Keep on sitting in your dirty toilet and to be posting idiotic comments grin
you are actually the silly one!!! If u noticed the symptoms of Ebola or a virus outbreak, u will go and find out what's going on!!! Forgetting we pay many organizations to check mate environmental hazards n different things. Okay he should go out and do what? Diagnose the cause n determine what's causing it then come here and tell u!!! Akpu!

We have media n stuffs like this to deciminate information when necessary!! Use your head Abino

1 Like

Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by yarimo(m): 5:09pm On Dec 08, 2016
So nairaland will diagnose the hazards for him abi? MUMU
Codes151:
you are actually the silly one!!! If u noticed the symptoms of Ebola or a virus outbreak, u will go and find out what's going on!!! Forgetting we pay many organizations to check mate environmental hazards n different things. Okay he should go out and do what? Diagnose the cause n determine what's causing it then come here and tell u!!! Akpu!
Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by Codes151(m): 5:14pm On Dec 08, 2016
yarimo:
So nairaland will diagnose the hazards for him abi? MUMU
atleast he has created the awareness dummy

1 Like

Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by MONITZ: 5:18pm On Dec 08, 2016
yarimo:
I am also sorry BRO. grin

kk, it's just one of those normal things and moreover we re guys,so I bear no grudge against u. Tk care and ve a nice day....
Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by iluvdonjazzy: 5:23pm On Dec 08, 2016
talk4free:

Congratulations for being the most stupid person on nairaland. What has the op said or done that is wrong in your eyes? I was looking at the black dust I had been noticing for the past week wondering if I was the only one. Then I called people in Woji, elelenwo, transamadi and abuloma and they all confirmed observing same. No one has a clue where its coming from so what video do you expect from the op?

We are talking about a serious environmental hazard here and little kids with fragile lungs are breathing this same soot.

Abeg for people with brains anyone with any idea what's the cause of this? Apparently its been on for months but people are just noticing it now.
tell ur boys to stop bombing oil installactions, that is the result.
Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by dquantom: 5:53pm On Dec 08, 2016
We first noticed this black dust over a month ago. My wife had initially thought our little girl messed up the kitchen with blackened pots until we realised this. Our feet are always black and needed to wash them before going to bed. Mopped the entire floor again and come back to see dust.
Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by JeffreyJamez(m): 6:03pm On Dec 08, 2016
Charijee love is this true? cry

1 Like

Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by yarimo(m): 6:05pm On Dec 08, 2016
Codes151:
atleast he has created the awareness dummy
ok grin

1 Like

Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by yarimo(m): 6:09pm On Dec 08, 2016
MONITZ:

kk, it's just one of those normal things and moreover we re guys,so I bear no grudge against u. Tk care and ve a nice day....
thank you, have a Nice day also grin
Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by ndcide(m): 6:10pm On Dec 08, 2016
Olabestonic001:

No sir!
While serving in Gokana some 3 yrs ago, our rain water was always the same thing; black like charcoal. The truth is, govt really neglected PHC and the Avengers actually brought the doomsday closer to the city more. However, what we need now is to collectively rally round PHC and drop the Afonja, Igbos toga. Its time to save Port Harcourt City!

Stop all these avengers narrative. It reduces it to politics.
Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by charijee(f): 6:13pm On Dec 08, 2016
JeffreyJamez:
Charijee love is this true? cry
Sweerie what can I say? embarassed

Noticed it too....been giving us serious cough and catarrh embarassed
Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by JeffreyJamez(m): 6:16pm On Dec 08, 2016
charijee:
Sweerie what can I say? embarassed

Noticed it too....been giving us serious cough and catarrh embarassed

Oh wow!! .....something needs to be done, have you peeps contacted the authorities?
Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by charijee(f): 6:22pm On Dec 08, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

Oh wow!! .....something needs to be done, have you peeps contacted the authorities?
They should be aware ......it's connected to the gas flares from the refineries.....those closer to it are affected so badly
Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by JeffreyJamez(m): 6:25pm On Dec 08, 2016
charijee:
They should be aware ......it's connected to the gas flares from the refineries.....those closer to it are affected so badly

This is terrible! ..

Bbm now!!
Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by charijee(f): 6:27pm On Dec 08, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

This is terrible! ..

Bbm now!!
Oh! Sorry
Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by braimeddy: 6:36pm On Dec 08, 2016
Mhen! I really thought I was the only one observing this in my house. I keep asking why am I always seeing black stuff every where despite scrubbing the tiles frequently.
Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by davspog2(m): 6:38pm On Dec 08, 2016
talk4free:

My toilet is better than your living room. I can bet your life on it.....naaa don't even bother. You life is worthless too.
Hian! Bros, you too harsh! See as you just finish the dude
Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by Smooyis(m): 6:40pm On Dec 08, 2016
As an environmentalist, all I can say for now is that what is happening is as a result of gaseous emissions of unimaginable proportion. Authorities should act fast in order to avoid stories that touch with time. God save our people.
Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by 1kinggy(m): 7:04pm On Dec 08, 2016
This has been on for over a long period. Yet they charge all sorts of levies. A friend's company was locked for not paying one spurious "ozone layer fees".
Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by inemani: 7:12pm On Dec 08, 2016
Noticed this some months back, my daughter was always coughing so I had to clean the aluminum nets! Now we wear slips on inside, cos the soot is something else, especially in the mornings
Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by olipo: 7:29pm On Dec 08, 2016
yarimo:
kikikiki please no kill me with laugh abeg, I sabi you for your village
I hope you say you be small boy cuz if you be grownup with this attitude then it's a pity
Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by abiambo(m): 8:11pm On Dec 08, 2016
I swear down. I woke up late today so I couldn't wash my car properly I only used rag to wipe dust . The rag turned black and parts of my car r still black till now... I've been wondering what the actual problem is.

1 Like

Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by toprealman: 8:19pm On Dec 08, 2016
Exciton:
As expected from a nation without good education and research institutes, everyone is just guessing and talking crap.

Basic mass spectrometry and spectrophotometric techniques will tell you what it is as well as the average particle size. But, of course, we've got no equipment. Hopefully, it won't be heavy metals PM 2.5.

I don't even think there's any agency in Naija that measures air quality levels across our cities. We just dey breathe in and breath out grin grin

Anyways, since we lack the knowledge and skill, keep praying for your ever reliant magical god to help the nation (like he always does. Lol) and enjoy your polluted environment with shitty AQI.

It's the kids I pity.
Oga ain't you part of us? Don't you have the right knowledge and skills? We need to harness what we have and start from somewhere. Rather than rub it on our faces, why not think of being part of the solution?
Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by syncACE(m): 9:20pm On Dec 08, 2016
simple biology...consequences of air pollution...you guys are probably breathing in hydrogen sulphide, sulphur iv oxide or compounds of lead....mhen am sorry to say this but your days are numbered if it continues this way
Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by Nobody: 10:14pm On Dec 08, 2016
talk4free:

Congratulations for being the most stupid person on nairaland. What has the op said or done that is wrong in your eyes? I was looking at the black dust I had been noticing for the past week wondering if I was the only one. Then I called people in Woji, elelenwo, transamadi and abuloma and they all confirmed observing same. No one has a clue where its coming from so what video do you expect from the op?

We are talking about a serious environmental hazard here and little kids with fragile lungs are breathing this same soot.

Abeg for people with brains anyone with any idea what's the cause of this? Apparently its been on for months but people are just noticing it now.

yes...so true i have noticed this @ G. Estate also, should mistakenly my clothes fall from the wire on our roof top...its get stained with something like charcoal.
I clean such stuff outta nose also.
Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by yarimo(m): 10:20pm On Dec 08, 2016
olipo:
I hope you say you be small boy cuz if you be grownup with this attitude then it's a pity
kikikiki please no kill me with your local English abeg. grin
Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by Origin(f): 12:54am On Dec 09, 2016
Abi they are smoking international turari for the upcoming elections.
Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by olipo: 1:42am On Dec 09, 2016
yarimo:
kikikiki please no kill me with your local English abeg. grin
u b fool I swear.sorry if I ever bothered you
Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by Exciton(m): 2:18am On Dec 09, 2016
toprealman:
Oga ain't you part of us? Don't you have the right knowledge and skills? We need to harness what we have and start from somewhere. Rather than rub it on our faces, why not think of being part of the solution?

Lol. Don't get upset with me. Direct your anger at the politicians and thieves that use hundreds of millions to clear grass, drill borehole, maintain websites, etc. Direct your anger at fraudulent Professors who don't know shit or have any equipment but manage to miraculously publish tens of experimental papers every year.

Knowledge and skill without the equipment is useless in this case, your eyes can't identify micron and sub-micron sized stuff. Sure, you can build a simple UV-Vis or even Raman (if you've got the cash and MORE equipment to build with) but it won't be calibrated and accurate enough for studies related to something as important as the health of people. You have to BUY the equipment.

But this is PH. Those almighty oil companies (or that petroleum Uni) might have some useful equipment in their QA department.

Anyways, get your kids and yourself nose masks with PM 2.5 grade filters and you might need to change the filters quite often considering that everyone's saying there's lots of that shit in the air.

I ain't part of you o! I'm porting to Kenya or Ghana.
Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by pinne: 3:27am On Dec 09, 2016
illegal refineries are responsible for this. I observed this thing about three years back when I was at work in Okirika LGA. It was so bad that you will see settled soothes on your shirts if you are out doors beyond 7pm.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Gets Federal Job With The Help Of Dino Melaye. Photo / Atiku Abubakar Dancing At Lagos Youth Meeting (Photo, Video) / PDP Campaign Rally In Kaduna State Today-photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.