Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,883 members, 7,956,331 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:09 AM

North Cyprus - Travel (144) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (790844 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 5:40pm On Jul 20, 2014
magni101: wip7 Thanks for your timely response. I think I will have to apply through you coz your explanation is satisfactory.
Kindly drop your email address If possible a way I can reach you quickly coz I want to ask some more personal questions and also need some clarification on a few things you mentioned. Thanks.

Kindly ask general question here on the forum so others can learn, my email is in my signature. Please most questions have been answered as well on this forum from year 2009. Reading through will assist you. I only answer questions not asked before or technical questions and jobs are scarce here, so i will advise you not to ask me stuff relating to that. I will be waiting for your questions. Wish you well
Re: North Cyprus by magni101(m): 6:32pm On Jul 20, 2014
OK Thanks. None of my questions are job related.
My classmate was given admission to study Software Engineering at EMU and I was surprised when you said that I'm gonna be admitted into the Information Technology program. just wanted to know why it's different coz we're both doing the same thing.
Secondly he used Aptech's testimonial to apply coz we haven't had our final exams yet coz we're expecting it between now and the end of August but I didn't want it to delay my admission status since we have a limited time. Can I also use the testimonial to apply?
I just found out that my classmate was asked to pay $4517 as an annual fee and then I added the accommodation fees Which is about $2000 then the cost of living as stated by you for a year is $2400 at $200 a month. All of that is about $10000. My question is, I want to know the estimated amount needed for everything including tuition, accommodation, books, registration, cost of living and flight cost to and fro during my stay in EMU for the three semesters. I need it coz I've been asked to get a general figure. Also what's the flight cost from Lagos to Cyprus.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:53pm On Jul 20, 2014
magni101: OK Thanks.
My classmate was given admission to study Software Engineering at EMU and I was surprised when you said that I'm gonna be admitted into the Information Technology program. just wanted to know why it's different coz we're both doing the same thing.

Your friend applied as a fresh applicant not as a transfer applicant....so he can be admitted into software eng program.

magni101: Secondly he used Aptech's testimonial to apply coz we haven't had our final exams yet coz we're expecting it between now and the end of August but I didn't want it to delay my admission status since we have a limited time. Can I also use the testimonial to apply?

As stated above, your friend was not exempted of any course becos he was admitted as a fresh applicant. To apply and be exempted as a transfer applicant, you or your friend will need FULL ACCP and ADSE transcripts. If you supplied those complete transcripts with good grades you will be will spend just 3 semesters here. Ask your friend to show you his admission including the exempted courses and if he does not have the exempted courses, simply means he will spend 4yrs. Incase he present his transcript during registration then he will be sent back to Info tech or get registered with less courses since APTECH has low number of engineering courses taught in ADSE.

magni101: I just found out that my classmate was asked to pay $4517 as an annual fee and then I added the accommodation fees Which is about $2000 then the cost of living as stated by you for a year is $2400 at $200 a month. All of that is about $10000. My question is, I want to know the estimated amount needed for everything including tuition, accommodation, books, registration, cost of living and flight cost to and fro during my stay in EMU for the three semesters. I need it coz I've been asked to get a general figure. Also what's the flight cost from Lagos to Cyprus.

The fees i gave you was for Infotech while software engr fees differ, kindly check the requested fees (tuition, accommodation) on our website. I dont know flight cost ( you can get that at any traveling agent store), you may not need books and use your calculator to do the maths.
Re: North Cyprus by magni101(m): 7:12pm On Jul 20, 2014
Thanks again.
In other words you're suggesting that I should wait for my final exam and get the transcripts before applying?
What If I do it the way he did his and then on the day of registration, I present the transcript then get transferred to Information Technology Coz I don't want any delay at All Coz Aptech is fond of that.
If I'm given the admission, between now and 2nd week of September I should get the transcript and come over for registration but If I wait longer for the exam and transcript, I could miss the application deadline Which I am desperately trying to avoid.
What's your suggestion Coz I'm confused. I don't want to be mislead by anyone.

Please what's the infotech fees again Coz I didn't see it?

Finally, my friend applied with the intention of transferring Coz that's what he thought. The school's representative didn't elaborate on this and that's my anger. I don't think my friend will find it funny when I direct him to this site.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 8:47pm On Jul 20, 2014
magni101: Thanks again.
In other words you're suggesting that I should wait for my final exam and get the transcripts before applying?
What If I do it the way he did his and then on the day of registration, I present the transcript then get transferred to Information Technology Coz I don't want any delay at All Coz Aptech is fond of that.
If I'm given the admission, between now and 2nd week of September I should get the transcript and come over for registration but If I wait longer for the exam and transcript, I could miss the application deadline Which I am desperately trying to avoid.
What's your suggestion Coz I'm confused. I don't want to be mislead by anyone.

Please what's the infotech fees again Coz I didn't see it?

Finally, my friend applied with the intention of transferring Coz that's what he thought. The school's representative didn't elaborate on this and that's my anger. I don't think my friend will find it funny when I direct him to this site.

You can apply now with your olevel results, intl passport and photograph passport. You will be admitted and when you come along with your original transcripts then u can be exempted.
Re: North Cyprus by magni101(m): 9:39pm On Jul 20, 2014
Then in that case I'll do that tomorrow.
Hope the fees that would reflect on the admission letter won't be different from the program with exempted courses?
I'm really relieved now and I can boldly and proudly say you have done well.
I'll apply now then bring the transcript when I'm coming to the school So that I can join the last three semesters and graduate on time.
I just hope it works out as you have said Coz there's no point starting afresh again and that the school will refer me to the proper program upon my arrival with the transcript.

I also have my statement of result/transcript for NECO but the Certificate will be brought when I am coming over coz I haven't gone back to collect it.
Hope that will be accepted?

Thanks for your time.
I think you deserve a token. I hope to see you there So that I can show my appreciation If you know what I mean.
Thanks again.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 10:16pm On Jul 20, 2014
magni101: Then in that case I'll do that tomorrow.
Hope the fees that would reflect on the admission letter won't be different from the program with exempted courses?
I'm really relieved now and I can boldly and proudly say you have done well.
I'll apply now then bring the transcript when I'm coming to the school So that I can join the last three semesters and graduate on time.
I just hope it works out as you have said Coz there's no point starting afresh again and that the school will refer me to the proper program upon my arrival with the transcript.

I also have my statement of result/transcript for NECO but the Certificate will be brought when I am coming over coz I haven't gone back to collect it.
Hope that will be accepted?

Thanks for your time.
I think you deserve a token. I hope to see you there So that I can show my appreciation If you know what I mean.
Thanks again.

Yes your NECO result online print out is okay to secure your admission. Fees to be paid will be written on your offer letter. You wont have issues with reg, if am less busy then can help you with registeration.

Thanks for the token suggested, am financially and materially okay.....its free services no need to pay for it!!!.
Re: North Cyprus by magni101(m): 11:18pm On Jul 20, 2014
Wip7 Thanks again and again.

Nigeria deserves such good and selfless leaders.

I'll contact you later for further enquiries and possibly send you my details tomorrow.

Thanks again.

Happy New Week Ahead!!!

2 Likes

Re: North Cyprus by imaxo: 12:22pm On Jul 21, 2014
Hi Wip7,

I recently got an admission into EMU to study Information Technology. I actually applied for Electrical and Electronics Engineering but was notified in my letter that the quota has been exhausted. I really have a very strong passion for EEE and wish to switch over on my arrival at EMU or after my first semester.

My fear is if I would be allowed to switch from IT to EEE cos I have no passion in InfoTech.

Please advice

Thanks as always.
Re: North Cyprus by jaydave: 6:55pm On Jul 24, 2014
Pls Mr wip what's d deadline date of application for admission..... Can I apply with my waec result.. It's old ooo.. It's 2005 waec... What do u think if I back it up with my current Yabatech transcripts cos I'm presently schooling at Yabatech.. Don't forget to leave ur contact so that I can forward all d required docs for admission to u before deadline date.... Thanks
Re: North Cyprus by akinlex(m): 11:37pm On Jul 24, 2014
imaxo: Hi Wip7,

I recently got an admission into EMU to study Information Technology. I actually applied for Electrical and Electronics Engineering but was notified in my letter that the quota has been exhausted. I really have a very strong passion for EEE and wish to switch over on my arrival at EMU or after my first semester.

My fear is if I would be allowed to switch from IT to EEE cos I have no passion in InfoTech.

Please advice

Thanks as always.
definitely you will be allowed to switch when you get there. am also a student there
Re: North Cyprus by akinlex(m): 11:38pm On Jul 24, 2014
jaydave: Pls Mr wip what's d deadline date of application for admission..... Can I apply with my waec result.. It's old ooo.. It's 2005 waec... What do u think if I back it up with my current Yabatech transcripts cos I'm presently schooling at Yabatech.. Don't forget to leave ur contact so that I can forward all d required docs for admission to u before deadline date.... Thanks
deadline for application is august bro
Re: North Cyprus by jaydave: 4:05am On Jul 25, 2014
akinlex:
deadline for application is august bro
What date in august bro
Re: North Cyprus by Oligarki: 8:03am On Jul 25, 2014
Hello Wip
Well done, i have paid my school fees in June at CIU but my only challenge is that as required at the Turkish embassy to request for an appointment online.
I requested for an appointment on the 21st of july but i am yet to get a response from them uptill this moment... could it possibly be the Ramandan season because a friend at CIU said it normaly take within 24hours to respond however it was stated on their website that double application within one month would attract cancelllation without notice so therefore i am afraid of resending the mail.
Do anyone have the same issue here.
suggestions will be appreciated.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 10:33am On Jul 25, 2014
Oligarki: Hello Wip
Well done, i have paid my school fees in June at CIU but my only challenge is that as required at the Turkish embassy to request for an appointment online.
I requested for an appointment on the 21st of july but i am yet to get a response from them uptill this moment... could it possibly be the Ramandan season because a friend at CIU said it normaly take within 24hours to respond however it was stated on their website that double application within one month would attract cancelllation without notice so therefore i am afraid of resending the mail.
Do anyone have the same issue here.
suggestions will be appreciated.

Turkish embassy will only respond or schools here will send name just a month to resumption. I dont know resumption date for CIU but for EMU is end of sept and class start October, so we can only send name sometime in August. Wait till they reply you maybe in August or sept.
Re: North Cyprus by jaydave: 10:53am On Jul 25, 2014
wip7:

Turkish embassy will only respond or schools here will send name just a month to resumption. I dont know resumption date for CIU but for EMU is end of sept and class start October, so we can only send name sometime in August. Wait till they reply you maybe in August or sept.
Mr wip Pls answer my questions naaaaa.. I even sent a mail to ur Gmail u didn't respond
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 11:11am On Jul 25, 2014
jaydave: Pls Mr wip what's d deadline date of application for admission..... Can I apply with my waec result.. It's old ooo.. It's 2005 waec... What do u think if I back it up with my current Yabatech transcripts cos I'm presently schooling at Yabatech.. Don't forget to leave ur contact so that I can forward all d required docs for admission to u before deadline date.... Thanks

Good day sir, am just selective in questions i answer. Anyway, kindly let me know if you are less than 25yrs old? i doubt that since you have written your WAEC in 2005, you must be ranging around 30-40yrs. EMU will not admit you if you are above 25yrs age due to age limit. You may apply to CIU since CIU admit any age and maybe if you have a great transcript from CIU you may come as transfer student to EMU. Is there any other questions you wish to ask? i dont asnwer about jobs or how to cross to Turkey or south Cyprus pls be reminded.
Re: North Cyprus by akinlex(m): 11:34am On Jul 25, 2014
jaydave:
What date in august bro
Dunno wat date in August, will confirm from d admission office. Emu precisely.
Re: North Cyprus by Temas: 1:36pm On Jul 25, 2014
wip7:

Good day sir, am just selective in questions i answer. Anyway, kindly let me know if you are less than 25yrs old? i doubt that since you have written your WAEC in 2005, you must be ranging around 30-40yrs. EMU will not admit you if you are above 25yrs age due to age limit. You may apply to CIU since CIU admit any age and maybe if you have a great transcript from CIU you may come as transfer student to EMU. Is there any other questions you wish to ask? i dont asnwer about jobs or how to cross to Turkey or south Cyprus pls be reminded.

@ boss.. Bolded part got my ribs cracking.. i wrote my waec 2001 and am nt yet 30. give the guy some element of doubt. sir let him send the ORIGINAL waec ! Oga mi, me dey look for job oo as school don go on break. Infact i will track you through turkcell, except you don waka leave us again...
Re: North Cyprus by jaydave: 1:49pm On Jul 25, 2014
wip7:

Will be 25 Nxt month.... Finishing sch cert 2005 doesn't necessarily mean one is above 30....had a fast edu but getting higher institution admission was delayed due to Nija bias system of admission
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 1:50pm On Jul 25, 2014
Temas:

@ boss.. Bolded part got my ribs cracking.. i wrote my waec 2001 and am nt yet 30 embarassed embarassed embarassed cry cry. give the guy some element of doubt. sir let him send the ORIGINAL waec ! Oga mi, me dey look for job oo as school don go on break. Infact i will track you through turkcell, except you don waka leave us again...

Oh ohh means i have been dealing with less than 30yrs since oooo God, i have to adopt you as my son then...!!! cool, Yeah am waiting for the applicant result and if he is less than 25yrs sure he wil be admitted. Ohh this summer is the worst for me, i have 30 students to take for summer class (sad face)...i left briefly and just back and heading out so soon and will return fast as well. You guys are not working in summer oooo...i love my office i always get paid even without work in summer hmmmmmm...we communicate before i travel again.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 2:00pm On Jul 25, 2014
jaydave:
Will be 25 Nxt month.... Finishing sch cert 2005 doesn't necessarily mean one is above 30....had a fast edu but getting higher institution admission was delayed due to Nija bias system of admission

Kindly send me your olevel result, If you are born 1989...i doubt you will be admitted...This troubles started with some older Nigerian that only comes to the island for criminal related works, so the university felt the younger ones could be much focused since they think less of making money illegally....although on many occasions i have informed them since i have seen and witnessed the arrests of less than 22 yrs students that Yahoolized people over 400K usd....so the theory seems not to work.

Kindly send me olevel, intl passport, photopassport and state the program you wish.
Re: North Cyprus by jaydave: 2:22pm On Jul 25, 2014
wip7:

Kindly send me your olevel result, If you are born 1989...i doubt you will be admitted...This troubles started with some older Nigerian that only comes to the island for criminal related works, so the university felt the younger ones could be much focused since they think less of making money illegally....although on many occasions i have informed them since i have seen and witnessed the arrests of less than 22 yrs students that Yahoolized people over 400K usd....so the theory seems not to work.

Kindly send me olevel, intl passport, photopassport and state the program you wish.
Sir! I appreciate ur selfless work here... Hmm dis doubting thing, I hope u will help me submit my app.. I can't lie bout my age.. My intl passport can even tells... Choosing to study in trnc was cos my Canadian trv was denied on d ground of travel history and insufficient funds.. If u care to see d proof I wud show u
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:11pm On Jul 25, 2014
jaydave:
Sir! I appreciate ur selfless work here... Hmm dis doubting thing, I hope u will help me submit my app.. I can't lie bout my age.. My intl passport can even tells... Choosing to study in trnc was cos my Canadian trv was denied on d ground of travel history and insufficient funds.. If u care to see d proof I wud show u

Sir,

am not so much interested in your Canadian history or financial status...am telling you as it is...am not one of those agents that claims anything since they just spent 1 semester at TRNC or just got approved as one of our agents...I am part of the system and i have worked in the topmost part of the system. Am not doubting your age but am telling you that applicants around 1989 will mostly be rejected but there is no harm when you try. If you so wish you can send me your documents or apply directly yourself via our website.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by imaxo: 12:08am On Jul 26, 2014
Hello Akinlex,

Thanks for your response.

definitely you will be allowed to switch when you get there. am also a student there

1. Do you actually mean its very possible on my arrival or after a semester?
I just want to be at least 99% certain that it is possible on my arrival cos if not, if I have to do Info Tech(which I wouldn't want to) I'll have to apply for exception but if I get EE then I'll like to begin afresh.

2. Compared to schools like MIT, Harvard, Yola and the rest, how would you rate EMU's Engineering faculty?

3. Can I do my masters in any of the schools listed above after a degree in EMU?

I'll appreciate if you respond to all pointed questions accordingly.

Thanks a lot.
Re: North Cyprus by akinlex(m): 10:12am On Jul 26, 2014
imaxo: Hello Akinlex,

Thanks for your response.

1. Do you actually mean its very possible on my arrival or after a semester?
I just want to be at least 99% certain that it is possible on my arrival cos if not, if I have to do Info Tech(which I wouldn't want to) I'll have to apply for exception but if I get EE then I'll like to begin afresh.

2. Compared to schools like MIT, Harvard, Yola and the rest, how would you rate EMU's Engineering faculty?

3. Can I do my masters in any of the schools listed above after a degree in EMU?

I'll appreciate if you respond to all pointed questions accordingly.

Thanks a lot.

1. it is possible on your arrival, i had a friend of mine that was admitted to study mathematics and computer science last semester that changed to economics on his arrival, even after add and drop (it is a risk for you to arrive after add and drop) so no panic and also if u dont' wish to change i.e u want to do info.tech in your first semester and later change to EE, then you must have a solid G.P to change to EE, it may and may not affect you starting afresh again buh i think it would.

2. EMU engineering faculty to me is the Best faculty in EMU, compared to those schools you mentioned, i don't have a say on that.

3. Yes, sure, that is even ok. i wouldn't advise you to have your first degree in EMU and also acquire your masters degree in the same EMU, broda it is advisable to move to other big schools that you can afford. Getting masters degree certificate in EMU is also not bad.
Re: North Cyprus by imaxo: 11:36pm On Jul 26, 2014
Thanks for your responses Akinlex

I appreciate.
Re: North Cyprus by virgindesy(m): 4:32pm On Jul 29, 2014
oga wip , please am having little problem with the account details which am suppose to pay in my tuition but want to know if that how Turkish bank operate? the swift code of the account details sent to me has Bleep which I was told are suppose to be digits and it has prevented from paying my tuition up to now. is it necessary I get the digit or I can still send it with the Bleep?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:51pm On Jul 29, 2014
virgindesy: oga wip , please am having little problem with the account details which am suppose to pay in my tuition but want to know if that how Turkish bank operate? the swift code of the account details sent to me has Bleep which I was told are suppose to be digits and it has prevented from paying my tuition up to now. is it necessary I get the digit or I can still send it with the Bleep?

Kindly visit good banks, you wont have issue with that or talk to more experienced bank officer some dont know these terms. The three alphabets are part of the swift. kindly send your payment with the alphabets and ensure the IBAN is around 24-26 digits and the swift is around 10-11 digits...from my experience thats how Turkish bank stuffs looks. Although i dont know about Aydin Uni account but most Turkish bank should look that way.
Re: North Cyprus by virgindesy(m): 8:04pm On Jul 29, 2014
thank you so much oga wip ..I will just do that.
Re: North Cyprus by aurorae: 12:14pm On Jul 31, 2014
hi house, want to apply to E.M.U.when is the admission window closing. I can't seem to find the info on that. thanks.sent you an email. pls do reply
Re: North Cyprus by jaydave: 8:46am On Aug 01, 2014
enyinnakeke: Please is a friend of my that introduce me to this Thread because i told him the gave admission to do masters in Cyprus, But since i have been reading this thread, i never read where someone mentioned or discussed about Near East University, dose it mean is not a good University? i am now worried. The University offer me admission to do my master / Bus Admin and i have paid my school fees already, but i never read where someone mentioned or discussed about Near East University in this thread, dose it mean is not a good University?
Please somebody should help me, because i am now worried.
How did u apply.. Pls tel me... Cos This is d only school that offer accounting course in trnc

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (356)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.