Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,122 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

North Cyprus - Travel (145) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (770927 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by hirise: 10:53am On Aug 01, 2014
Oligarki: Hello Wip
Well done, i have paid my school fees in June at CIU but my only challenge is that as required at the Turkish embassy to request for an appointment online.
I requested for an appointment on the 21st of july but i am yet to get a response from them uptill this moment... could it possibly be the Ramandan season because a friend at CIU said it normaly take within 24hours to respond however it was stated on their website that double application within one month would attract cancelllation without notice so therefore i am afraid of resending the mail.
Do anyone have the same issue here.
suggestions will be appreciated.

@Oligarki ....... keep checking your email from now. Turkish embassy has started approving appointment dates for CIU students.
Re: North Cyprus by Oligarki: 8:55pm On Aug 01, 2014
hirise:
@Oligarki ....... keep checking your email from now. Turkish embassy has started approving appointment dates for CIU students.

Thanks alot hirise, i have been checking it regularly, almost got tired of checking... will keep the house posted
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 1:07am On Aug 03, 2014
@wip7
I paid my tuition fees of $4517.50
Re: North Cyprus by junior712(m): 10:09am On Aug 06, 2014
Pls wip7... wen is d closing date for tuition fees payment for 2014/2015 fall
Re: North Cyprus by onedebos: 10:32am On Aug 06, 2014
Hi guys! if you'll be joining us at EMU this fall and would like to get the best help on getting started, you can join the Freshers Student mentorship Program(FSMP). It's an arm of the EMU international office. you can google them for more information.

Goodluck
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 11:14am On Aug 06, 2014
Edemumoh14: @wip7
I paid my tuition fees of $4517.50 on Wednesday 30th July 2014 and I have sent the Telex copy via email to both the international office and registrars office. How long will it take to get the confirmation letter and also what are the next steps to follow after that. My name is Edem Umoh Bassey, U1403731. Umoh.duke14@gmail.com is my email address. Cheers

kindly wait for your confirmation letter from the university, then proceed to Turkish embassy website for the documents needed for visa and procedure. Wish u luck!
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 11:15am On Aug 06, 2014
junior712: Pls wip7... wen is d closing date for tuition fees payment for 2014/2015 fall

September..the earlier the best!
Re: North Cyprus by junior712(m): 11:30am On Aug 06, 2014
Thanx alot @ wip7.... one more thing pls.. if I'm able to pay nxt week, will my name be found in the 1st batch of the names that will b send to the embassy??
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 12:51pm On Aug 06, 2014
junior712: Thanx alot @ wip7.... one more thing pls.. if I'm able to pay nxt week, will my name be found in the 1st batch of the names that will b send to the embassy??

We have plenty batches going to embassy..if it cant go next batch it will go at subsequent batches........
Re: North Cyprus by magmat: 6:46pm On Aug 06, 2014
Oga whip. they ve been disturbing me too much at home about the list that will be sent to the embassy. please when is the list coming. thanks. I've gotten my confirmation letter since ending of may
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 7:21pm On Aug 06, 2014
magmat: Oga whip. they ve been disturbing me too much at home about the list that will be sent to the embassy. please when is the list coming. thanks. I've gotten my confirmation letter since ending of may

Kindly email EMU registrar.
Re: North Cyprus by Oligarki: 5:53am On Aug 07, 2014
plz has anyone gotten approval for his/her appointment request at the Turkish Embassy or even visited the Embasssy so far?
any update.... its over 2weeks plus i sent an appoinment request

just a thought: could it be as a result of the Ebola outbreak in West Africa?
Re: North Cyprus by magmat: 7:07am On Aug 07, 2014
sometimes it take three weeks before they replied you. like in my case they replied after 20 days and the appointment was five days after. so calm down. although I didn't do the interview that day cus skul Neva send list.
Re: North Cyprus by GuzaArisH: 12:55pm On Aug 10, 2014
wip7:

Kindly email EMU registrar.
hello Mr WIP, can I get a PGD in Info Tech. I studied physics elect as my first degree with a 2.34cgpa. Thanks
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 2:56pm On Aug 10, 2014
GuzaArisH: hello Mr WIP, can I get a PGD in Info Tech. I studied physics elect as my first degree with a 2.34cgpa. Thanks

You can be admitted straight into Info-Tech master program but your CGPA is just the blocking pad that may/will affect the success of the application.
Re: North Cyprus by GuzaArisH: 4:13pm On Aug 10, 2014
wip7:

You can be admitted straight into Info-Tech master program but your CGPA is just the blocking pad that may/will affect the success of the application.

I know, that's why I'm trying to get admitted for a PGD prog instead. What should I do?. I need your input
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:09pm On Aug 10, 2014
GuzaArisH:

I know, that's why I'm trying to get admitted for a PGD prog instead. What should I do?. I need your input

EMU does not offer PGD and the CGPA is low for EMU but other universities such as CIU etc may admit you based on your CGPA..so you may give those a trial.

Alternative entry pathway to EMU is via the Warwick (UK master program) at EMU, the WARWICK master program can admit you and program conducted in EMU. This will give you opportunity to earn double degree from EMU and WARWICK for the cost of one (Warwick; about 8000pounds for whole program and 1 year).

So weigh both options and decide or...... you may want to proceed to some other countries you can find online!!!!!!!!
Re: North Cyprus by GuzaArisH: 7:50pm On Aug 10, 2014
wip7:

EMU does not offer PGD and the CGPA is low for EMU but other universities such as CIU etc may admit you based on your CGPA..so you may give those a trial.

Alternative entry pathway to EMU is via the Warwick (UK master program) at EMU, the WARWICK master program can admit you and program conducted in EMU. This will give you opportunity to earn double degree from EMU and WARWICK for the cost of one (Warwick; about 8000pounds for whole program and 1 year).
So weigh both options and decide or...... you may want to proceed to some other countries you can find online!!!!!!!!
Thank you.
Appreciate the response.
You mean CIU has a PGD program?
And will Warwick admit me for an info tech. Prog for PGD or masters.
What other countries are. You suggesting.
Or do you think I stand abetter chance with an UG admission to study Info Tech?. Just wanted to be sure so as not to make another mistake. Physics was a wrong choice and I knew it but my dad threatened to disown me if I drop out, so I had to cram and cram to finish up with no extra year. I'm being forced against my will to go to a private uni for a supposed masters program again. And I really needto run far away before I commit suicide.
Re: North Cyprus by hirise: 9:12pm On Aug 10, 2014
Oligarki: plz has anyone gotten approval for his/her appointment request at the Turkish Embassy or even visited the Embasssy so far?
GuzaArisH:
Thank you.
Appreciate the response.
Or do you think I stand abetter chance with an UG admission to study Info Tech?. Just wanted to be sure so as not to make another mistake. Physics was a wrong choice and I knew it but my dad threatened to disown me if I drop out, so I had to cram and cram to finish up with no extra year. I'm being forced against my will to go to a private uni for a supposed masters program again. And I really needto run far away before I commit suicide.

You can do masters directly with Third class in CIU.

Oligarki: plz has anyone gotten approval for his/her appointment request at the Turkish Embassy or even visited the Embasssy so far?

You will get the approval email for your appointment request. Few students got their approval and visa last week. Just keep checking your email.
Re: North Cyprus by SoloD94: 12:05am On Aug 11, 2014
Please I have my mucharret visa for cyprus (I came back to Nigeria for holiday) I used emirates airlines from istanbul to nigeria it is a return ticket. I have a ticket from istanbul back to cyprus. Will I need to get a transit visa to use my emirates ticket to get to cyrpus. Because I am scared that when I get to the airport I will not be allowed to fly because I am not using turkish airlines and dont have a turkish visa. But I have a North Cyprus valid visa.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 1:14am On Aug 11, 2014
GuzaArisH:
Thank you.
Appreciate the response.

EMU-Warwick will admit you directly for master program under Engineering business management at a paid cost mentioned earlier and you have the opportunity to take Info-Tech Master (Free of cost) after the Warwick program due to the collaboration. Both are Master programs but Warwick can admit your CGPA directly and the degree is solely awarded from WARWICK UK while EMU cant... If you are less than 25yrs you may be exempted for courses at undergrad level of EMU and possibly spend 3 semesters, which i may not suggest as time means alot.

As far as i know and my exposure counts, no course/program is useless....the limit to everything or success depends on your imagination...I studied many strange programs and i must tell you am doing too well....and am enjoying it with gangnam style!.. Always travel through less-taken paths...u will reap untouched gems there.....am sure u wont want to hear my story!! Dont commit suicide due to your father/course but be positivist!!

Finally, CIU can admit you into master or even PhD with that CGPA but should be consider as the [b]last option [/b]due to lack of standard and inconsistencies for now.

2 Likes

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 1:24am On Aug 11, 2014
SoloD94: Please I have my mucharret visa for cyprus (I came back to Nigeria for holiday) I used emirates airlines from istanbul to nigeria it is a return ticket. I have a ticket from istanbul back to cyprus. Will I need to get a transit visa to use my emirates ticket to get to cyrpus. Because I am scared that when I get to the airport I will not be allowed to fly because I am not using turkish airlines and dont have a turkish visa. But I have a North Cyprus valid visa.

No you wont have problems provided you dont have check-in luggage's (you have only hand luggage). If you have luggages that you will check in as against hand luggage...kindly inform the emirate staffs/crew beforehand to help you transfer to your next connecting flights to Cyprus.

Meaning you have to tell them often and often even before loading so that will be remembered. If not you will need an entry visa to pick your luggages/baggages which maybe an issue but emirate wont stop you due to visa issue only immigration officials at Istanbul will stop you.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by frankike1: 5:14pm On Aug 11, 2014
welcome to cyprus, the land full of milk and horney!!! is being long since i visited this threat. still alive and bubbling.
Re: North Cyprus by junior712(m): 6:27pm On Aug 11, 2014
frankike1: welcome to cyprus, the land full of milk and horney!!! is being long since i visited this threat. still alive and bubbling.

Hey! Tot u said u are in Germany?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:36pm On Aug 11, 2014
junior712:

Hey! Tot u said u are in Germany?

hmmmmm he was in TRNC, moved to hmmm one nice country (eating with my boy there) and left for Germany for Erasmus ( eating again with..)..........i know him..but if he owes u money i dont know him oooooo I have helped him to answer....
Re: North Cyprus by frankike1: 6:59pm On Aug 11, 2014
wip7:

hmmmmm he was in TRNC, moved to hmmm one nice country (eating with my boy there) and left for Germany for Erasmus ( eating again with..)..........i know him..but if he owes u money i dont know him oooooo I have helped him to answer....

@wip7, i greet you. long time, how life?
No i don't owe anyone oo, a lot more people owe me sef.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 7:08pm On Aug 11, 2014
frankike1:

@wip7, i greet you. long time, how life?
No i don't owe anyone oo, a lot more people owe me sef.

Dealer waow longest time......life is sweet and cool.....i hail you ooo
Re: North Cyprus by nxt2y: 2:39am On Aug 12, 2014
Good day House,
Please my question concerns the possibilities of traveling to TRNC, i was a student at one of the higher institutions but had to leave the island for a year during which my Mucharet (residence permit) expired cry . I am all set to go back and resume studies this September and have all necessary documents to prove am a student of the institution (Current Student letter). My question is do i still have to apply for a transit visa? minding the fact that i currently hold a valid USA visa. Thanks for your help.
Re: North Cyprus by frankike1: 7:18am On Aug 12, 2014
wip7:

Dealer waow longest time......life is sweet and cool.....i hail you ooo

Boss, i want be like you ooo. You still be our chairman. I salute you bros.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 10:14am On Aug 12, 2014
nxt2y: Good day House,
Please my question concerns the possibilities of traveling to TRNC, i was a student at one of the higher institutions but had to leave the island for a year during which my Mucharet (residence permit) expired cry . I am all set to go back and resume studies this September and have all necessary documents to prove am a student of the institution (Current Student letter). My question is do i still have to apply for a transit visa? minding the fact that i currently hold a valid USA visa. Thanks for your help.

Whats the validity of your student letter/certificate issued to you? If your letter will end by October, you will need to re-apply for visa to enter TRNC but with your valid USA visa you can make the application at Istanbul,..... if not airline will not even allow you to fly from Turkey down to TRNC. The rule is that, you must have valid Mucaret to travel to TRNC as a old student or valid TR visa as a new student or entry visa as a tourist. TRNC does not use USA visa to represent TRNC visa....two different countries!!!

If your Student letter is valid beyond October or will be valid before your arrival.....another way out for you is to contact your university personnel to make arrangement with immigration at Ercan to list your name, so that way if you are stopped...they will check the names listed and allow you in but if not......you may not be allowed to come in.... otherwise apply for TR visa in your current country of residence. We do have many cases like these in the past and thats how we solved the issues!.....i hope this can guide yiu!
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 8:01am On Aug 13, 2014
VISA WILL BE ISSUED FROM CYPRUS STARTING FROM TODAY-SOUTH CYPRUS INSTITUTIONS

I just got this message from the Cyprus (South Cyprus) migration department now, that Visa for Nigerian and other Africans will be issued from Cyprus from Today. So applicants will not need to attend interview at their diplomatic missions abroad in the concerned regions anymore. For those that have applied to SC, kindly be reminded that all your Genuine documents must reached the migration department in Cyprus latest on 24th August for Fall entry.
Re: North Cyprus by Oligarki: 8:57am On Aug 13, 2014
Thumb's up Mr. Wip7, what a great job you are doing...
how about the TRNC? what plans do they have for people in the same region?
Requested for an appointment at the Turkish embassy since 21st of last month and no word from them yet.
any info will be highly appreciated
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.