Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,332 members, 7,822,582 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

North Cyprus - Travel (197) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (770772 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by fondy: 10:39am On Sep 02, 2015
@shegxxmyth,wen did u pay ur tuition cos I also applied to NEU?.
Re: North Cyprus by terrywales: 11:10am On Sep 02, 2015
When is your appointment date
benji93:

Yes o my brother, thank you for your concern
Re: North Cyprus by benji93: 4:48pm On Sep 02, 2015
terrywales:
When is your appointment date
21st september
Re: North Cyprus by shegxxymyth11(m): 4:53pm On Sep 02, 2015
@ penroll55, i contacted the school directly, but no response from them and the person that did my admission is a Nigerian, but not an agent, he is also a student of Near East University, he told me i don't need to book for another appointment and pay another visa application fee, how true is this? as i am really so confused about it.

@ Fondy I paid my tuition fee on the 19th of August 2015 and I got my acceptance letter the next day, my appointment was on the 24th of August, which was last upper Monday.
Re: North Cyprus by terrywales: 7:59pm On Sep 02, 2015
benji93:

21st september
good my brother is also dated 21st of September. Have u done the attestation of your documents.. Are u on BBM..
Re: North Cyprus by fondy: 8:42pm On Sep 02, 2015
@shegxxmyth, u shd ve sent an email to d school to confirm if d ve sent ur name. use this email to contact d school, suleyman.info@neu.edu.tr. The will reply u immediately n ask dem d next step to take.
Re: North Cyprus by mojibbz(m): 8:47pm On Sep 02, 2015
Hey guys... So I paid my EMU tuition fees exactly two weeks ago and up till now, im yet to get a confirmation letter from the school. should I be worried?? Any ither person with such experience?
Re: North Cyprus by sollyaf0: 10:53pm On Sep 02, 2015
Hi,
I authenticated the print out copy of my waec result but later found out that it was my original waec certificate that was needed . If I take the authenticated print out copy of my waec result would it still be accepted for visa at the turkish embassy?
Re: North Cyprus by Eureka123(f): 11:04pm On Sep 02, 2015
sollyaf0:
Hi,
I authenticated the print out copy of my waec result but later found out that it was my original waec certificate that was needed . If I take the authenticated print out copy of my waec result would it still be accepted for visa at the turkish embassy?

Yes. But do not make the mistake of travelling without your original. The school will need it.
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 6:10am On Sep 03, 2015
shegxxymyth11:
@ penroll55, i contacted the school directly, but no response from them and the person that did my admission is a Nigerian, but not an agent, he is also a student of Near East University, he told me i don't need to book for another appointment and pay another visa application fee, how true is this? as i am really so confused about it.

@ Fondy I paid my tuition fee on the 19th of August 2015 and I got my acceptance letter the next day, my appointment was on the 24th of August, which was last upper Monday.
Even if it's same day you going for different interview,you will be asked to pay the visa fee and it's same with most if not all embasses based on my experience.

As per you don't need to book another appointed,I guess the student that helped you with your admission went for his visa years back and don't know things have changed a lot with Turkish embassy Nigeria. You need to book another appointed as long as In the note given to you by the embassy does not state you can come again without appointed.

I would have help you with checking of your name but somehow busy now with stuff, so since the guy that help you with the admission is currently in Cyprus,tell him to go to the registrar office in NEU and verify because that will be faster than sending mail.
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 6:15am On Sep 03, 2015
sollyaf0:
Hi,
It depends on the type of authentication you did. If it's federal ministry of education authentication,I guess they would have requested for the originals before authenticating the printout .

If you have time, I will advice you go authenticate the originals also but if you don't ,then go like that but make sure you go with all originals of your document and copy also
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 6:19am On Sep 03, 2015
mojibbz:
Hey guys... So I paid my EMU tuition fees exactly two weeks ago and up till now, im yet to get a confirmation letter from the school. should I be worried?? Any ither person with such experience?
Normally it takes days to get it. If a student in emu did the admission for you then contact him/her to go to the registrar's office with your payment details and verify what's holding it because 2 weeks is too long for the money not to have gotten here.
But if you did it yourself,then try sending a mail to the registrar.
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 6:29am On Sep 03, 2015
shegxxymyth11:

From the bolded part above I guess you already book your appointment before paying your fees. Generally sending names to embassy takes process and 4days to your interview is not enough to send it across to the embassy.
By now I guess your name should be at the embassy but verify before going again.

An advice,dont be too hasty in life because most times it doesn't go well
Re: North Cyprus by godsong299: 7:00am On Sep 03, 2015
penroll55:

The best way to check if your name is on the list contact the school directly or the person that did your admission if not agent in Nigeria.
As to the interview,you will need to book for another appointment and pay another visa application fee but before you book make sure you confirm your name have been sent so you don't waste more money and time.
Good luck
@penroll55 you don't pay another visa fee or book another visa appointment for such situation, you just contact the embassy after which the school or the person who did the admission here in nort Cyprus has contacted the school and confirmed the name has been sent to the embassy or to know what the problem was and if it has been resolved, then you contact the embassy via email with your details and they give you a date to submit your passport , you don't pay a dime..
Re: North Cyprus by sollyaf0: 7:15am On Sep 03, 2015
@Penroll55 it I authenticated it at mininstry of education and at the ministry of foreign affairs. So would they accept it?
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 7:16am On Sep 03, 2015
godsong299:
@penroll55 you don't pay another visa fee or book another visa appointment for such situation, you just contact the embassy after which the school or the person who did the admission here in nort Cyprus has contacted the school and confirmed the name has been sent to the embassy or to know what the problem was and if it has been resolved, then you contact the embassy via email with your details and they give you a date to submit your passport , you don't pay a dime..
Based on my past experience you have to only if things have change now as to this regard.
Let's hope it's so else you leading him to being punished or wait for eternity for a reply which he won't get to his email from embassy.

He can call the embassy around 12noon or 1pm to get full details so he get informed properly from the main source.
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 7:21am On Sep 03, 2015
sollyaf0:
@Penroll55 it I authenticated it at mininstry of education and at the ministry of foreign affairs. So would they accept it?
Turkish embassy don't need authentication of foreign affairs just federal ministry of education.
When authenticating,you have to authenticate the originals and copy because the copy will be collected,but as I said if you don't have time then go with just the copy authentication else try and authenticate all.
Re: North Cyprus by fondy: 7:23am On Sep 03, 2015
I don't ve a national id card because it has nt bin given to me BT I did my registration n I ve been given a nin registration number which according to dem can be accepted n used anywhere. will the Turkish embassy accept that?
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 7:28am On Sep 03, 2015
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 7:29am On Sep 03, 2015
fondy:
I don't ve a national id card because it has nt bin given to me BT I did my registration n I ve been given a nin registration number which according to dem can be accepted n used anywhere. will the Turkish embassy accept that?
If I may ask,what do you need it for?
Is it on the list of the Turkish embassy requirements?
Re: North Cyprus by fondy: 7:29am On Sep 03, 2015
yes it is.
Re: North Cyprus by godsong299: 7:31am On Sep 03, 2015
penroll55:

Based on my past experience you have to only if things have change now as to this regard.
Let's hope it's so else you leading him to being punished or wait for eternity for a reply which he won't get to his email from embassy.

He can call the embassy around 12noon or 1pm to get full details so he get informed properly from the main source.
someone had same issue during winter 2014 resumption and was resolved after I gave the person a copy of the letter sent to the embassy by the school which was attached to the email sent so it's what I know.you get a reply from the embassy if you got the right email or you contact them via the message or complaint page on their website.
Re: North Cyprus by godsong299: 7:36am On Sep 03, 2015
fondy:
yes it is.
@fondy the embassy will accept a copy of the printout given to you after registering for the national I.d.
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 7:39am On Sep 03, 2015
fondy:
yes it is.
Just checked the requirements now and saw it there,you don't need national ID because your passport serves as an identity.
Don't bother about that.
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 7:47am On Sep 03, 2015
godsong299:
someone had same issue during winter 2014 resumption and was resolved after I gave the person a copy of the letter sent to the embassy by the school which was attached to the email sent so it's what I know.you get a reply from the embassy if you got the right email or you contact them via the message or complaint page on their website.
I guess u did the admission for him but always try to guide them rightly.
First of all it is clearly stated without appointment you won't be allowed into the embassy and I know so many that have gone that way with no result and even if he is allowed into the embassy,he won't be interviewed without visa fee.
All the same I rest my case and wish him well and hope you are right and am wrong.
Re: North Cyprus by fondy: 7:49am On Sep 03, 2015
thank u so much. m grateful.
Re: North Cyprus by godsong299: 7:54am On Sep 03, 2015
penroll55:

Just checked the requirements now and saw it there,you don't need national ID because your passport your passport servers as an identity.
Don't bother about that.
@penroll how far , we have been in north Cyprus for some time now and yes when we did our there was no such requirement requesting for national I.D , one thing you should understand is that there are new rules , the embassy even sends you list of documents to bring which is listed on your visa interview letter uike before that we have to go to the website to check the list I documents to get, the last requirement on that list sent by the embassy is National I.D and the first is copy of the international passport relevant page , in my opinion I.d say you shouldn't give the embassy any reason to tell you to go get something extra that could be avoided , even some sent a post earlier stating ministry of foreign affairs is not needed , yes there have been cases with people been given visa without ministry of foreign affairs and there have also been cases where people were ask to go back to stamp that the ministry of foreign affairs and then come back before the 2pm time for interviews .
I'll say do all that is been requested of you to do by the embassy , there is a reason for it to be listed on their requirement, @penroll @mrwip @godsong29 has been helping people on this forum only God will bless us, I am not discrediting you bro , so please don't take this the wrong way. Thank you
Re: North Cyprus by godsong299: 7:59am On Sep 03, 2015
penroll55:

I guess u did the admission for him but always try to guide them rightly.
First of all it is clearly stated without appointment you won't be allowed into the embassy and I know so many that have gone that way with no result and even if he is allowed into the embassy,he won't be interviewed without visa fee.
All the same I rest my case and wish him well and hope you are right and am wrong.
like I said earlier the embassy will contact you and give you a date to come, I'll never advice anyone to go without a date from the embassy because even the security won't let you pass unless you have an appointment .
Re: North Cyprus by godsong299: 8:00am On Sep 03, 2015
fondy:
thank u so much. m grateful.
@fondy you are welcome
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 8:01am On Sep 03, 2015
godsong299:
@pemroll how far , we have been in north Cyprus for some time now and yes when we did our there was no such requirement requesting for national I.D , one thing you should understand is that there are new rules , the embassy even sends you list of documents to bring which is listed on your visa interview letter uike before that we have to go to the website to check the list I documents to get, the last requirement on that list sent by the embassy is National I.D and the first is copy of the international passport relevant page , in my opinion I.d say you shouldn't give the embassy any reason to tell you to go get something extra that could be avoided , even some sent a post earlier stating ministry of foreign affairs is not needed , yes there have been cases with people been given visa without ministry of foreign affairs and there have also been cases where people were ask to go back to stamp that the ministry of foreign affairs and then come back before the 2pm time for interviews .
I'll say do all that is been requested of you to do by the embassy , there is a reason for it to be listed on their requirement, @penroll @mrwip @godsong29 has been helping people on this forum only God will bless us, I am not discrediting you bro , so please don't take this the wrong way. Thank you
Bro you are right on all your point listed above but why I said he don't need it is because the ID card stuff has been on the list way back and neither do I or other students have helped went with it but as you said he can go with it if he have it but he don't need stressing himself on that because they won't even ask of it.
Re: North Cyprus by godsong299: 8:14am On Sep 03, 2015
penroll55:

Bro you are right on all your point listed above but why I said he don't need it is because the ID card stuff has been on the list way back and neither do I or other students have helped went with it but as you said he can go with it if he have it but he don't need stressing himself on that because they won't even ask of it.
bro don't get me wrong you are right but I just feel it's best to give people the impression that they should get all listed rather than letting them have the impression that a particular requirement is not important , I have been hping people to get admission for years and I know embassy tend to change or make sure some ignored requirement in the past are been met, I am sure you know that there were cases in the past of people who don't have interview appointment date been interviewed after those who have dates but that does not happen anymore , so rules change, bro you know all this things you've been here for a while.

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.