Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,585 members, 7,827,171 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

North Cyprus - Travel (250) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (771439 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by Jayeby001(f): 7:22pm On Sep 20, 2016
Hi everyone, please sir wip and everyone who has an idea, how much can be enough for allawance( estimate) am just curious
Re: North Cyprus by Adebola2010: 7:24pm On Sep 20, 2016
Hi everyone... pls i av few questions to ask...
1. the health insurance i used 4 interview appointment is expiring on d 28 of dis month,and am not going b4 28 again,hope say ee no mean?

2. pls accommodation around lefke is how much?
thanks ALL...
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 9:55pm On Sep 20, 2016
Jayeby001:
Hi everyone, please sir wip and everyone who has an idea, how much can be enough for allawance( estimate) am just curious

For average and normal student, 150-300USD is enough monthly (this means such student will not rent car, will buy foodstuffs and cook, will not drink alcohol, will not womanise/manise, will not play gamble/betting)

For those that will rent cars,shopping per month and order food, 500-1500USD monthly should be fine.

For those that will rent cars, travel each month, party monthly, order food daily, and buy clothes for their girl/boyfriends, 2000-5000USD monthly should be fine.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by Kj40: 10:02pm On Sep 20, 2016
[quote author=Ayomide94 post=48882150]Hi everyone, I need a help, I booked for an visa appointment to be 23.09.16 but the date is not convince for be, today I try to cancel and rebook, its wasn't deleting. Pls help me out. Though the appointment status is approved.

please did u add any copies of your conditional or formal acceptance letter while booking your appointment
Re: North Cyprus by Ayomide94(m): 11:03pm On Sep 20, 2016
Yes! The formal acceptance @ kj40
Re: North Cyprus by Jayeby001(f): 5:51am On Sep 21, 2016
wip7:

For average and normal student, 150-300USD is enough monthly (this means such student will not rent car, will buy foodstuffs and cook, will not drink alcohol, will not womanise/manise, will not play gamble/betting)

For those that will rent cars,shopping per month and order food, 500-1500USD monthly should be fine.

For those that will rent cars, travel each month, party monthly, order food daily, and buy clothes for their girl/boyfriends, 2000-5000USD monthly should be fine.

lol, thanks sir
Re: North Cyprus by Kj40: 6:38am On Sep 21, 2016
EUL students in the house, please where can I find the school bank account details at there website. I can't get that on my phone. thank you.

or those who made their payment shd kindlly share the bank details used for confirmation.
Re: North Cyprus by Adebola2010: 6:56am On Sep 21, 2016
@kj40..
the school account details is on ur conditional admission letter, and pls try make payment quick,bcuz wen i went for collection at the embassy,a lot of students names are not on dere list,so try make payment fast and tell the school immediately to send ur name to the embassy...

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by Adebola2010: 6:57am On Sep 21, 2016
ABEG MK UNA ANSWER MY QUESTION... 1. the health insurance i used 4 interview appointment is expiring on d 28 of dis month,and am not going b4 28 again,hope say ee no mean? 2. pls accommodation around lefke is how much? thanks ALL...
Re: North Cyprus by Kj40: 9:57am On Sep 21, 2016
@adebola2010, thank you, I have it but wanna confirm it first. I will do that ASAP.
@godsong, I do appreciate your effort and concern. hope to see you soon. bless you all
Re: North Cyprus by Kj40: 6:29pm On Sep 21, 2016
help me out, the travel health insurance duration, will it bear the d duration on the flight itinerary or the duration am going for the interview. pls house put me tru. thank you
Re: North Cyprus by Kj40: 6:31pm On Sep 21, 2016
.... I mean starting from the d date of departure or the date going for the interview.
Re: North Cyprus by Adebola2010: 4:56am On Sep 22, 2016
it's starting from the date departure...
Re: North Cyprus by jidoex66(m): 11:44am On Sep 22, 2016
Adebola2010:
ABEG MK UNA ANSWER MY QUESTION...
1. the health insurance i used 4 interview
appointment is expiring on d 28 of dis month,and
am not going b4 28 again,hope say ee no mean?
2. pls accommodation around lefke is how
much?
thanks ALL...
No problem with @ no 1 and for 2nf que, for shared rooms u shld get around 2000usd per year or so
Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 1:58pm On Sep 22, 2016
wizdavee:
Thanks sis.Just want to be sure transit visa can board any airline not only turkish airline before making the booking.Are u in TRNC?
yes
Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 2:01pm On Sep 22, 2016
Kj40:
help me out, the travel health insurance duration, will it bear the d duration on the flight itinerary or the duration am going for the interview. pls house put me tru. thank you
it's ideal for it to go with the flight duration but it does not really matter because there have been cases of people not traveling same day of their insurance but they still get here.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 2:01pm On Sep 22, 2016
Kj40:
@adebola2010, thank you, I have it but wanna confirm it first. I will do that ASAP.
@godsong, I do appreciate your effort and concern. hope to see you soon. bless you all
Amen
Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 2:04pm On Sep 22, 2016
Adebola2010:
@kj40..
the school account details is on ur conditional admission letter, and pls try make payment quick,bcuz wen i went for collection at the embassy,a lot of students names are not on dere list,so try make payment fast and tell the school immediately to send ur name to the embassy...
it's always adviceable to book visa appointment a week or more after name has been sent to the embassy to allow time for Name to get to the embassy.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by Kj40: 7:14pm On Sep 22, 2016
@godsong or members in cyprus. can interview date be book after commencement of lecture. this is what I mean ..(assuming lecture starting date is 10/10/2016 can visa interview be done after it.) share your experience pls.
Re: North Cyprus by Professor554: 7:46pm On Sep 22, 2016
wizdavee:
proff how far? how was ur process for russia...was it successful.its been a while

Sorry I just got your message, when you type prof not in complete professor554 I won't see it among mentions. Anyways, I am good. everything is fine and settle just waiting for entry date. How far with yours?
Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 9:26pm On Sep 22, 2016
Kj40:
@godsong or members in cyprus. can interview date be book after commencement of lecture. this is what I mean ..(assuming lecture starting date is 10/10/2016 can visa interview be done after it.) share your experience pls.
yes.... e.g Near East University resumed 16th of this month .. mid-term exams starts October, if you come after the mid-term you will be graded out of 100 in your final exam.. usually midterm is 40 and final is 60... the only disadvantage in resuming late is the fact that you will miss some lectures. **note schools have deadlines for registration and submission of names to the embassy.
Re: North Cyprus by elijah101(m): 2:26am On Sep 24, 2016
My people ... where and how can i get a good internet modem in lefke with reasonable tarrif plan .. urgently needed ..bro just called me not quite say the 4gb wey dey him telsim don finish .. him no use am reach 3days ..
Re: North Cyprus by elijah101(m): 2:31am On Sep 24, 2016
and also where can he change dollars to lira .. urgent response ..
Re: North Cyprus by wizdavee: 7:55am On Sep 24, 2016
Ok..bro! I mean did u got d visa? yes I got mine. U really helped and I appreciate that.
Re: North Cyprus by chriskate(m): 11:33am On Sep 24, 2016
godsong:
yes.... e.g Near East University resumed 16th of this month .. mid-term exams starts October, if you come after the mid-term you will be graded out of 100 in your final exam.. usually midterm is 40 and final is 60... the only disadvantage in resuming late is the fact that you will miss some lectures. **note schools have deadlines for registration and submission of names to the embassy.

point of correction, in Near East if a student missed the mid-term on a valid reason such as mentioned above, you will have an opportunity for make-up which is after the final exam.
Mid-term exam
Final exam
Make-up exam (valid reason form missing mid-term)
Resit exam (Valid reason for missing final and FF as final grade)
Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 11:33am On Sep 24, 2016
elijah101:
and also where can he change dollars to lira .. urgent response ..
you can purchase anything in a store and they will give you change in lira or yo go to an exchange place.. ask around .
Re: North Cyprus by chriskate(m): 11:36am On Sep 24, 2016
elijah101:
My people ... where and how can i get a good internet modem in lefke with reasonable tarrif plan .. urgently needed ..bro just called me not quite say the 4gb wey dey him telsim don finish .. him no use am reach 3days ..
He should look for Nethouse Internet, is a broadband internet service quite cheaper, can only be used outside school hostel. 1 Mb is about 65TL/per month
https://www.nethouse.net/index.php?lang=en
He can also go to Telsim shop for home internet.
Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 11:44am On Sep 24, 2016
chriskate:

point of correction, in Near East if a student missed the mid-term on a valid reason such as mentioned above, you will have an opportunity for make-up which is after the final exam.
Mid-term exam
Final exam
Make-up exam (valid reason form missing mid-term)
Resit exam (Valid reason for missing final and FF as final grade)
you are also write, in some faculties lecturer just grade their final out of 100,some give make up.. it depends on the lecturer..make up are also for students who have registered before Mid-term test and they miss it.. then if they claim to be sick they get a medical report to support that or if for any other reason they show proof.. while some give make up after exams to get their complete grade (for new students).. It depends on the lecturer. My advice is for you to meet your lecturer and ask if your grades would be graded out of 100 or if you would be sitting for a make up..

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 11:49am On Sep 24, 2016
chriskate:

He should look for Nethouse Internet, is a broadband internet service quite cheaper, can only be used outside school hostel. 1 Mb is about 65TL/per month
https://www.nethouse.net/index.php?lang=en
He can also go to Telsim shop for home internet.
go for 4mb speed.. that's 85tl and faster especially if you would want to watch live stream .
Re: North Cyprus by Jayeby001(f): 12:24pm On Sep 24, 2016
My pipol I dey greet! Sir wip07 and all citizens of Cyprus community, abeg I want to know if it is advisable for a student to open a bank account with banks there. What are the advantages and disadvantages, what could be the basic requirement or how can one go about it if the account is necessary please advice. Thanks
Re: North Cyprus by chriskate(m): 12:29pm On Sep 24, 2016
Jayeby001:
My pipol I dey greet! Sir wip07 and all citizens of Cyprus community, abeg I want to know if it is advisable for a student to open a bank account with banks there. What are the advantages and disadvantages, what could be the basic requirement or how can one go about it if the account is necessary please advice. Thanks

It is advisable, you get to have TL based card, also money can be transferred directly to ur acct from any part of the world including Nigeria.
requires are;
Student letter
International Passport
Residence permit
House contract
maybe 2 picture
Re: North Cyprus by Jayeby001(f): 12:41pm On Sep 24, 2016
chriskate:

It is advisable, you get to have TL based card, also money can be transferred directly to ur acct from any part of the world including Nigeria.
requires are;
Student letter
International Passport
Residence permit
House contract
maybe 2 picture
ehen thanks Chris u are bae

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.