Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,897 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

North Cyprus - Travel (248) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (768855 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by Jayeby001(f): 6:22pm On Sep 09, 2016
Please sir wip and other Cyprus residents, how does one go about Sim card there on arrival coz families would love to hear from their kids and communicate too? Should one go on roaming bfr getting a Sim card or how will one go about it to get a number over there? Thank you as u reply
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:33pm On Sep 09, 2016
Jayeby001:
Please sir wip and other Cyprus residents, how does one go about Sim card there on arrival coz families would love to hear from their kids and communicate too? Should one go on roaming bfr getting a Sim card or how will one go about it to get a number over there? Thank you as u reply

You will get sim card same day you land. If is EMU they will mostly provide free sims but if not sim cards are cheap and can be seen even at the airport. But I will advise to relax and get to school area to get SIM if your university is not giving free.

Also, there are wireless you can use to send a message to your parents via WhatsApp or Viber. Anyway, same day if you land during the day, you will be connected to your people.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:45pm On Sep 09, 2016
Adebola2010:
@sir Wip...
baba,i just finished my interview now and everything went well, all documents submitted, but the consular write out two things for me to bring next week Friday wen coming,which Police certificate and hospital Certificate showing dat am fit from all contaminable disease... Hope all is well??...

All is well...may be your face resemble Dansuki so the police cert will sure show. grin grin and also may be you hardly eat food so he wants to be sure you wont fall sick in Cyprus cool cool

Best wishes and all is well!.
Re: North Cyprus by Jayeby001(f): 7:19pm On Sep 09, 2016
wip7:
OK thanks u sir#noted

You will get sim card same day you land. If is EMU they will mostly provide free sims but if not sim cards are cheap and can be seen even at the airport. But I will advise to relax and get to school area to get SIM if your university is not giving free.

Also, there are wireless you can use to send a message to your parents via WhatsApp or Viber. Anyway, same day if you land during the day, you will be connected to your people.
Re: North Cyprus by Kj40: 9:43pm On Sep 09, 2016
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][/color]
Ayomide94:
The Remita code

( please how can we generate the Remita code.) is the one u will use to make you'd payment after calculating the numbers of pages u wanna do. (1page*300#). Yes you will go alone with the original and 3 photocopy per, for one documents.

( for master degree.. are we paying for the original cert + the 3 photocopies making #1200 per original and its duplicates.)

Doing for proxy I can't tell. But I'll advice to do it ur self.
[color=#990000]
Ayomide94:
The Remita code

( please how can we generate the Remita code.) is the one u will use to make you'd payment after calculating the numbers of pages u wanna do. (1page*300#). Yes you will go alone with the original and 3 photocopy per, for one documents.

( for master degree.. are we paying for the original cert + the 3 photocopies making #1200 per original and its duplicates.)

Ayomide94:
The Remita code

( please how can we generate the Remita code.)

is the one u will use to make you'd payment after calculating the numbers of pages u wanna do. (1page*300#). Yes you will go alone with the original and 3 photocopy per, for one documents.

Re: North Cyprus by Kj40: 10:00pm On Sep 09, 2016
please can I book my appointment with the embassy now and get date before 26 of sept 2016
Re: North Cyprus by Adebola2010: 1:19am On Sep 10, 2016
yh... did for a friend on Wednesday and was given 21st of September.... mk it snappy...
Re: North Cyprus by Kj40: 6:43am On Sep 10, 2016
am I on the right track for pre visa form and to select appointment date?

Re: North Cyprus by Kj40: 6:47am On Sep 10, 2016
@adebola2010, pls can you help me out? is it possible to get multiple entry?
Re: North Cyprus by Adebola2010: 8:28am On Sep 10, 2016
guy ure going for the first time? if yes, den na single entry u go put...
Re: North Cyprus by Adebola2010: 8:53am On Sep 11, 2016
hello everyone.... I was ask to get hospital certificate wen coming for my passport next week,please can i get it at general hospital or its any hospital's own
Re: North Cyprus by jidoex66(m): 4:06pm On Sep 11, 2016
Jayeby001:
Whch city r u heading
Re: North Cyprus by Jayeby001(f): 4:10pm On Sep 11, 2016
jidoex66:

Whch city r u heading
lefkosa
Re: North Cyprus by ife25nancy: 5:24pm On Sep 11, 2016
please help me, i want to start the process of applying for turkish student visa
please how do i go about it
please anyone help
Re: North Cyprus by Jayeby001(f): 6:18pm On Sep 11, 2016
Search through the thread you will know what to do
ife25nancy:
please help me, i want to start the process of applying for turkish student visa
please how do i go about it
please anyone help

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by ife25nancy: 7:32pm On Sep 11, 2016
Jayeby001:
Search through the thread you will know what to do
i have started the application, please what do dey mean by duration of stay(days)
Re: North Cyprus by wizdavee: 10:27pm On Sep 11, 2016
Sir! wip7.Please I have a qestion for you.I got a friend who just got his transit visa for TRNC study but due to high price of the airlines,he intend to travel to Turkey first though with a return and then buy another flight ticket for north cyprus at instanbul which will just be a one way.Please is he reasonable?
Re: North Cyprus by wizdavee: 6:53am On Sep 12, 2016
Sir! wip7, anyone in the house, Please I have a qestion.I got a friend who just got his transit visa for TRNC study but due to high price of the airlines,he intend to travel to Turkey first though with a return and then buy another flight ticket for north cyprus at instanbul which will just be a one way.Please is he reasonable?
Re: North Cyprus by Adebola2010: 7:13am On Sep 12, 2016
May Allah accepts your good deeds and sacrifices, alleviates your sufferings, and forgive your transgressions. Wishing you a prosperous Eid Mubarak.
Taqobalallohu minni wa minkum!
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 7:39am On Sep 12, 2016
wizdavee:
Sir! wip7.Please I have a qestion for you.I got a friend who just got his transit visa for TRNC study but due to high price of the airlines,he intend to travel to Turkey first though with a return and then buy another flight ticket for north cyprus at instanbul which will just be a one way.Please is he reasonable?

Yes, thats possible. But, for your friend to do that, he must then switch his platform when he gets to Istanbul where he can get the ticket or immediately ask anybody how he can get to that platform. Otherwise, he can use his card to purchase online even before he gets there. Depending on the date, time and airline he can get between 50-150 USD single way to Cyprus from Istanbul.
Re: North Cyprus by wizdavee: 7:53am On Sep 12, 2016
Alright sir! thanks...I will extend that to him.Also if he must use card,how will he be able to access online while out of nigeria or can he just purchase with cash on arrival?
Re: North Cyprus by elijah101(m): 8:41am On Sep 12, 2016
Wait first , all that layover .. shey the airline go put you for hotel or them go just leave the person for airport ..

Answer's please from Stay-lite .. Before my fresher bro leave ..
Re: North Cyprus by Jayeby001(f): 8:53am On Sep 12, 2016
ife25nancy:

i have started the application, please what do dey mean by duration of stay(days)
just put 1 day or 2 days there
Re: North Cyprus by Jayeby001(f): 8:59am On Sep 12, 2016
ife25nancy:

aunty I really suggest u go thru this thread but a the same check this screenshot

Re: North Cyprus by elijah101(m): 9:30am On Sep 12, 2016
elijah101:
Wait first , all that layover .. shey the airline go put you for hotel or them go just leave the person for airport ..

Answer's please from Stay-lite .. Before my fresher bro leave ..
Re: North Cyprus by willjoe: 10:43am On Sep 12, 2016
@wip7, hw'r you doing bro,, i need know how reliable it is to depend on hustle works and part jobs for housing and feeding ONLY, excluding tuition.
Re: North Cyprus by ife25nancy: 11:34am On Sep 12, 2016
Jayeby001:
aunty I really suggest u go thru this thread but a the same check this screenshot
thank u so much
Re: North Cyprus by ife25nancy: 11:44am On Sep 12, 2016
i have a question please does anyone know if dare is any international fees dey pay for admission at Istanbul aydin university apart from the 100 USD
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 4:16pm On Sep 12, 2016
wizdavee:
Alright sir! thanks...I will extend that to him.Also if he must use card,how will he be able to access online while out of nigeria or can he just purchase with cash on arrival?

He can purchase cash on arrival but where the sales of the ticket are conducted at Ataturk Airport in Turkey is a different platform to where passengers from Nigeria will enter the Airport from. It does mean he may be checking out using his Turkish visa to that Platform or if he can have words with the security staffs to allow him to pass the barriers via the opposite side.

He can actually purchase this ticket even before he leaves Nigeria, He can visit Turkish Airline, AtlasJet, Pegasus or Onur Air websites directly anywhere and have the electronic ticket purchased online. Also, he can have access to either free and purchased internet services at the airport where he can use his mobile phone or laptop to buy the ticket directly anywhere he is located within the Airport.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 4:21pm On Sep 12, 2016
willjoe:
@wip7, hw'r you doing bro,, i need know how reliable it is to depend on hustle works and part jobs for housing and feeding ONLY, excluding tuition.

It may be easy. Actually, there are a couple of students that have done that and not doing badly. Personally, I have not done casual/hustle or part jobs abroad before so I can't say how the students cope, but I have known good numbers of those that were and had been coping that way. The major issues are most of the jobs the students do, are time-consuming, and some jobs may deter their academic focus.

Best wishes!
Re: North Cyprus by willjoe: 4:57pm On Sep 12, 2016
wip7:

It may be easy. Actually, there are a couple of students that have done that and not doing badly. Personally, I have not done casual/hustle or part jobs abroad before so I can't say how the students cope, but I have known good numbers of those that were and had been coping that way. The major issues are most of the jobs the students do, are time-consuming, and some jobs may deter their academic focus.

Best wishes!
thanks boss

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by wizdavee: 7:07pm On Sep 12, 2016
Alright sir! For the fact that he bought a return for turkey has nothing to do with the nigerian immigration as far as he has a transit visa.Am I right sir? But his arrival spot is instanbul not Ataturk airport.

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.