Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,231 members, 7,836,112 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

The Locally Built Ship By Navy In Lagos That President Buhari Will Launch Today - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Locally Built Ship By Navy In Lagos That President Buhari Will Launch Today (45518 Views)

Illegal Paramilitary Establishment Busted And Smashed By Navy Officers. Photos / Buhari: I stand by my claim that President went into coma – Fayose / Photostory Of The Construction Of The locally made NNSHIP KARADUWA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Locally Built Ship By Navy In Lagos That President Buhari Will Launch Today by Graphene(m): 4:14pm On Dec 15, 2016
The military vessel NNS KARADUWA was designed and built in Nigeria by Nigerians. Nigerian navy provided the design and engineering. Fabrication was carried out by Dormanlong Engineering while instrumentation was carried out by Blueflag. NNS Karaduwas is a 38M long vessel.

2 Likes

Re: The Locally Built Ship By Navy In Lagos That President Buhari Will Launch Today by UuzbaGuuzba: 4:19pm On Dec 15, 2016
Anijay1212:
Rome was not built in a day,i believe in Nigeria and i know that with the crop of talents spread across the nook and cranies of this country,we will get there.
God bless us.
Provided we put an end to impotation of luxuries and boasting about frivolites. Now we have Innoson, the entire country should patronise it. All govenrnment officials.
Re: The Locally Built Ship By Navy In Lagos That President Buhari Will Launch Today by dabossman(m): 4:20pm On Dec 15, 2016
Greenbuoy:
It's a shame that 80% of peeps on this thread are ignoramuses concernimg The Military. So because sey dem dey tell una sey na importation we dey even on top toothpick matter, una com bili sey na so the thing go?!
Ya'all should go check out www.nairaland.com/1386870/african-militaries-security-services-strictly, henry240 jteku bidexii deathmachine tdayof andco will give you orgasm by letting you know wassup

Don't mind them o. A lot of ignoramuses who don't know anything beyond what is happening in their living room will come on Nairaland to talk trash. They think the Military is all about infantry soldiers. There are military engineers in this country working on different projects. There's even a school of Military Engineers (NASME) in Makurdi, Benue State.

1 Like

Re: The Locally Built Ship By Navy In Lagos That President Buhari Will Launch Today by julioralph(m): 4:34pm On Dec 15, 2016
hmmm, can this thing obey Archimedes' principle so??
Re: The Locally Built Ship By Navy In Lagos That President Buhari Will Launch Today by Nobody: 4:37pm On Dec 15, 2016
Graphene:
The military vessel NNS KARADUWA was designed and built in Nigeria by Nigerians. I Was part of the project team. Nigerian navy provided the design and engineering. Fabrication was carried out by Dormanlong Engineering while instrumentation was carried out by Blueflag. NNS Karaduwas is a 38M long vessel.

Please can you post photos of the final ship. The full length of the ship, beam to beam.

Also, is the 30mm main gun and RWS(remote weapon station) or is it manually operated?

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Locally Built Ship By Navy In Lagos That President Buhari Will Launch Today by akaahs(m): 4:38pm On Dec 15, 2016
Na who una dey deceive, can Nigeria build that ship, abeg
Re: The Locally Built Ship By Navy In Lagos That President Buhari Will Launch Today by DerideGull(m): 4:46pm On Dec 15, 2016
dabossman:

Don't mind them o. A lot of ignoramuses who don't know anything beyond what is happening in their living room will come on Nairaland to talk trash. They think the Military is all about infantry soldiers. There are military engineers in this country working on different projects. There's even a school of Military Engineers (NASME) in Makurdi, Benue State.

Nigeria cannot supply a electricity for an hour talk less building a ship. Any foreign country that led the operations in assembling of the so-called NNS KARADUWA must bring their generators for electricity. Even the parts to sustain the generators and other equipment needed to assemble the ship in Nigeria must be imported. This is not about a disdain for Nigeria but a factual fact.

1 Like

Re: The Locally Built Ship By Navy In Lagos That President Buhari Will Launch Today by tdayof(m): 4:50pm On Dec 15, 2016
Greenbuoy:
It's a shame that 80% of peeps on this thread are ignoramuses concerning The Military. So because say dem dey tell una sey na importation we dey even on top toothpick matter, una com bili sey na so the thing go?!
Y'all should go check out www.nairaland.com/1386870/african-militaries-security-services-strictly, henry240 jteku bidexii deathmachine tdayof and co will give you orgasm by letting you know wassup

I already gave up on military related topics on the front page because comments from my fellow Nigerians shows most of them are just internet warriors who know nothing about how the military works. They have zero ideas about Nigerian Military capabilities.
Re: The Locally Built Ship By Navy In Lagos That President Buhari Will Launch Today by dabossman(m): 4:55pm On Dec 15, 2016
DerideGull:

Nigeria cannot supply a electricity for an hour talk less building a ship. Any foreign country that led the operations in assembling of the so-called NNS KARADUWA must bring their generators for electricity. Even the parts to sustain the generators and other equipment needed to assemble the ship in Nigeria must be imported. This is not about a disdain for Nigeria but a factual fact.

But of course, electricity was required to build the first boat. Dude, long before electricity, man discovered the art/science of flotation? My point? Technology doesn't develop itself, it's takes a human mind to conceive it. All the things you have mentioned are just a means to an end, not the end in itself.
Re: The Locally Built Ship By Navy In Lagos That President Buhari Will Launch Today by dabossman(m): 4:58pm On Dec 15, 2016
tdayof:

I already gave up on military related topics on the front page because comments from my fellow Nigerians shows most of them are just internet warriors who know nothing about how the military works. They have zero ideas about Nigerian Military capabilities.

I used to agree that Nigerians are among the most intelligent people in the world..., until i joined Nairaland. Now, i always insist on the caveat: "SOME" Nigerians are among the most intelligent...

No need generalizing what is clearly a fallacy.

1 Like

Re: The Locally Built Ship By Navy In Lagos That President Buhari Will Launch Today by Graphene(m): 5:06pm On Dec 15, 2016
Henry240:

Please can you post photos of the final ship. The full length of the ship, beam to beam.

Also, is the 30mm main gun and RWS(remote weapon station) or is it manually operated?

Thanks.

Sorry sir but that's classified information.
Re: The Locally Built Ship By Navy In Lagos That President Buhari Will Launch Today by Nobody: 5:17pm On Dec 15, 2016
Graphene:

That's something everybody can see, nothing classified about that. The gun of NNS Andoni, it's main 30mm is manually operated.

NTA News crews showed the Combat Queuing System of either NNS Unity or Karaduwa, one of the two ships today on tv. You do know if the question i asked you is "classified", the news crew would not be allowed to film that part of the ship. All I'm saying is, no need trying to make "a mountain out of a mole hill".

In all, I respect your decision. I'll have to wait when official photos are released to see them for myself.
Re: The Locally Built Ship By Navy In Lagos That President Buhari Will Launch Today by fuckingAyaya(m): 5:22pm On Dec 15, 2016
Aphrygian:
One of Jonathan's achievements.

Re: The Locally Built Ship By Navy In Lagos That President Buhari Will Launch Today by gawu1: 5:25pm On Dec 15, 2016
The flat heads are already here saying GEJ achievement. Yet whenever it's graphically pointed out to them that the current recession is rooted in the regime of their hero, the ineffectual buffoon they would deny and wail profusely. Since their hero has failed, Buhari must also fail is their utmost goal. So in their view any good thing reported must not only be attacked, but it must be undermined.

1 Like

Re: The Locally Built Ship By Navy In Lagos That President Buhari Will Launch Today by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 15, 2016
Graphene:

Brother, this is NNS Andoni, SDBI. As is clearly visible it's main gun is manually operated. So nothing classified. The 76mm on the Unity is an RWS, but it's 20mm's are manually operated. You can't classify what is visible.

I'm proud of the Karaduwa as a vessel, and sure as hell would be more proud when SDBIII is completed.

Re: The Locally Built Ship By Navy In Lagos That President Buhari Will Launch Today by Nobody: 5:33pm On Dec 15, 2016
nextprince:
Long live The President
Long live The Nigerian Navy
Long live The Armed Forces
Long live The Fed Rep of Nigeria.
stop speaking thrash... Before i proceed from which country are u sending your salutations from??
Re: The Locally Built Ship By Navy In Lagos That President Buhari Will Launch Today by franklynsunny(m): 5:39pm On Dec 15, 2016
Majority of d machinery and ship spares are imported
Abeg leave story
Quote me wrong n die bfor Xmas
Re: The Locally Built Ship By Navy In Lagos That President Buhari Will Launch Today by FOREXMART(m): 5:57pm On Dec 15, 2016
Aradu.
Re: The Locally Built Ship By Navy In Lagos That President Buhari Will Launch Today by nextprince: 5:58pm On Dec 15, 2016
iamanswer:
stop speaking thrash... Before i proceed from which country are u sending your salutations from??

Typical of haters who never wish Nigeria good. The moment they type more than one letter, u can easily identify them. They spend the greatest parts of their lives praying for the worst for this country, and at the same time glorifying other countries. It sucks to have them around.

2 Likes

Re: The Locally Built Ship By Navy In Lagos That President Buhari Will Launch Today by gawu1: 6:03pm On Dec 15, 2016
dabossman:

But of course, electricity was required to build the first boat. Dude, long before electricity, man discovered the art/science of flotation? My point? Technology doesn't develop itself, it's takes a human mind to conceive it. All the things you have mentioned are just a means to an end, not the end in itself.
What exactly most don't know at all! One often hear things like 'Nigeria would has developed if we had been democracy for long'. Yet, history taught that democracy is not a means to development, but a feature of development.
At any rate, whether the ship/boat was built, refurbished, or assembled, any of these act is not easy task and should be commended. For development which we are all craving for to become reality, the country must look inwards. Borough technology should be localized just like what the Navy has done.

1 Like

Re: The Locally Built Ship By Navy In Lagos That President Buhari Will Launch Today by sollybaby(f): 6:11pm On Dec 15, 2016
they shouldn't go and drown because they want to build ship ok o
Re: The Locally Built Ship By Navy In Lagos That President Buhari Will Launch Today by johndavid1(m): 6:13pm On Dec 15, 2016
nextprince:
Long live The President Long live The Nigerian Navy Long live The Armed Forces Long live The Fed Rep of Nigeria.
On point Onward together

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Locally Built Ship By Navy In Lagos That President Buhari Will Launch Today by nextprince: 6:17pm On Dec 15, 2016
johndavid1:
On point Onward together
Nagode,
God bless.
Re: The Locally Built Ship By Navy In Lagos That President Buhari Will Launch Today by Kobicove(m): 6:20pm On Dec 15, 2016
DaBullIT:
Built or assembled /??

Assembled most likely
Re: The Locally Built Ship By Navy In Lagos That President Buhari Will Launch Today by John902(m): 6:29pm On Dec 15, 2016
femiakinbully:
Very good ........ the Hunger Hitting Nigerians now seem to be Locally Built also .
Helping hands limited
Re: The Locally Built Ship By Navy In Lagos That President Buhari Will Launch Today by DerideGull(m): 6:31pm On Dec 15, 2016
dabossman:

But of course, electricity was required to build the first boat. Dude, long before electricity, man discovered the [b]art/science[/b] of flotation? My point? Technology doesn't develop itself, it's takes a human mind to conceive it. All the things you have mentioned are just a means to an end, not the end in itself.

Was an African the man who discovered the art/science? If so, why has the discovery of African art/science not manifested in development of grids, network of roads, potable water and even clean gutter?

1 Like

Re: The Locally Built Ship By Navy In Lagos That President Buhari Will Launch Today by DerideGull(m): 6:34pm On Dec 15, 2016
dabossman:

I used to agree that Nigerians are among the most intelligent people in the world..., until i joined Nairaland. Now, i always insist on the caveat: "SOME" Nigerians are among the most intelligent...

No need generalizing what is clearly a fallacy.

Intelligent without discipline is a waste.
Re: The Locally Built Ship By Navy In Lagos That President Buhari Will Launch Today by Jungleluv5: 6:43pm On Dec 15, 2016
Aphrygian:
One of Jonathan's achievements.
Mumu please how?
Re: The Locally Built Ship By Navy In Lagos That President Buhari Will Launch Today by Lawalemi(m): 6:53pm On Dec 15, 2016
[quote author=Mynd44 post=51951702]The traffic today will be out of this world[/quote
Indeed, it was.]
Re: The Locally Built Ship By Navy In Lagos That President Buhari Will Launch Today by Emassive(m): 7:26pm On Dec 15, 2016
Bros that is not a Ship.. didn't you go to school at all or learn anything?. At least you watch American movies.
tosynAB:

Somebody brings development to Nigeria you're dia chewing nonsense, you can't even think of what to do for the country else you're talking in idiotically manner... Abeg bro receive sense na.
Re: The Locally Built Ship By Navy In Lagos That President Buhari Will Launch Today by mcquin(m): 7:31pm On Dec 15, 2016
DerideGull:

Not here to banter words with you but if you are a Nigerian, show some respect and don't embarrass yourself on a forum you know the world visits and if you are not a Nigerian, shut up and allow us in spirit of patriotism pay respect to our country when deserving and criticise our leaders where necessary. Don't come here spewing hate. Good day.

1 Like

Re: The Locally Built Ship By Navy In Lagos That President Buhari Will Launch Today by mcquin(m): 7:35pm On Dec 15, 2016
iamanswer:
Why shut him up? If you are not proud of Nigeria, can't someone else be? With all the ills in my country, I'm still proud of it. I'm hungry but I still love the Green White Green. That's is patriotism.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Prays Against Buhari's Victory In 2019 Election At The APC Giant Broom / Tinubu: The Venue For The May 29th Inauguration Concert (Pics, Video) / The Presidential Candidate That Wins Lagos Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.