Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,196 members, 7,835,968 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

The Locally Built Ship By Navy In Lagos That President Buhari Will Launch Today - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Locally Built Ship By Navy In Lagos That President Buhari Will Launch Today (45517 Views)

Illegal Paramilitary Establishment Busted And Smashed By Navy Officers. Photos / Buhari: I stand by my claim that President went into coma – Fayose / Photostory Of The Construction Of The locally made NNSHIP KARADUWA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Locally Built Ship By Navy In Lagos That President Buhari Will Launch Today by Horus(m): 7:43pm On Dec 15, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZGocLYdQTg

Buhari In Lagos, Commissions Navy Ships
Re: The Locally Built Ship By Navy In Lagos That President Buhari Will Launch Today by darknetcom: 7:55pm On Dec 15, 2016
IamPatriotic:
Badly used second hand ship that was procured from Canada and criminally refurbished and packaged as new one is what they are shamelessly commissioning, Buhari sef....

it is built in naija...

you were informed all a long...
Re: The Locally Built Ship By Navy In Lagos That President Buhari Will Launch Today by erico2k2(m): 7:56pm On Dec 15, 2016
Mariotury:

I don't know why it is difficult for you to blv this is done in naija... this project started last year while I was doing my IT. the company I worked for did the shifting and propeller and also the steering and gears
What is shifting ?
You telling me the company manage to manufacture a CNC to cut gears or you think you are talking to an illiterate ? Even push bike gears we import from china that's how sad . U are trying also to tell me they forged the propeller ? ?
Re: The Locally Built Ship By Navy In Lagos That President Buhari Will Launch Today by Graphene(m): 8:38pm On Dec 15, 2016
Henry240:

Brother, this is NNS Andoni, SDBI. As is clearly visible it's main gun is manually operated. So nothing classified. The 76mm on the Unity is an RWS, but it's 20mm's are manually operated. You can't classify what is visible.

I'm proud of the Karaduwa as a vessel, and sure as hell would be more proud when SDBIII is completed.

Sir, I believe you have in-depth knowledge on weaponry. I maintain its classified cos I don't have an idea of the mechanism of the guns however what I know is that there are automatic and manual guns on the vessel.
Re: The Locally Built Ship By Navy In Lagos That President Buhari Will Launch Today by Graphene(m): 8:48pm On Dec 15, 2016
erico2k2:

What is shifting ?
You telling me the company manage to manufacture a CNC to cut gears or you think you are talking to an illiterate ? Even push bike gears we import from china that's how sad . U are trying also to tell me they forged the propeller ? ?

Mr Eric, he is referring to the vessel's engines. The engines and propellers were procured. Just like your phone, parts are sourced from diff sources and when put together makes up an entity. For your ignorance sake, we have CNC machines that produce gears in Nigeria
Re: The Locally Built Ship By Navy In Lagos That President Buhari Will Launch Today by erico2k2(m): 9:03pm On Dec 15, 2016
Graphene:

Mr Eric, he is referring to the vessel's engines. The engines and propellers were procured. Just like your phone, parts are sourced from diff sources and when put together makes up an entity. For your ignorance sake, we have CNC machines that produce gears in Nigeria
If you checked my initial question was what part did they manufacture.
And for calling me ignorant I will ask you to tell me waht CNC machine that cut gears owned in NIgeria and waht company
Im waiting
NB CNC do not produce they mill/cut.
Re: The Locally Built Ship By Navy In Lagos That President Buhari Will Launch Today by Graphene(m): 9:15pm On Dec 15, 2016
erico2k2:

And for calling me ignorant I will ask you to tell me waht CNC machine that cut gears owned in NIgeria and waht company
Im waiting

The parts that were "manufactured", if I am to use that, are; the frames (designed by the Navy, cut at NIVAFER, using CNC), keel, hull (frames+keel) manufactured locally, tanks, Superstructure, bridge, internal cabins, communication mast, decks, bollards, vents, handrails, gunbase etc. And if you want I can show you the complex shapes of the frames thAt make up the hull.
Re: The Locally Built Ship By Navy In Lagos That President Buhari Will Launch Today by Graphene(m): 9:20pm On Dec 15, 2016
erico2k2:

Im waiting

Oh!! Thanks for correcting me. At least now I know you have a bit of tech in you. What you have after you have milled us called what? product? Millet?
Re: The Locally Built Ship By Navy In Lagos That President Buhari Will Launch Today by erico2k2(m): 9:29pm On Dec 15, 2016
Graphene:

The parts that were "manufactured", if I am to use that, are; the frames (designed by the Navy, cut at NIVAFER, using CNC), keel, hull (frames+keel) manufactured locally, tanks, Superstructure, bridge, internal cabins, communication mast, decks, bollards, vents, handrails, gunbase etc. And if you want I can show you the complex shapes of the frames thAt make up the hull.
So I take it they bought an Engine to install in teh boat then
Re: The Locally Built Ship By Navy In Lagos That President Buhari Will Launch Today by Nobody: 9:35pm On Dec 15, 2016
Graphene:

Sir, I believe you have in-depth knowledge on weaponry. I maintain its classified cos I don't have an idea of the mechanism of the guns however what I know is that there are automatic and manual guns on the vessel.

This is all you had to say. You did not compromise security and you've satisfactorily answered the question i posed.

You are right, i do have in-depth knowledge on weaponry, that's why i specifically asked that particular question.

As i'm sure you'll also participate in the building of the 50 meters ship whose keel was signed off by the President today, Godspeed and Goodluck!

Hopefully it doesn't take 4 years to build like Karaduwa, Andoni or Ugwu. 16 months is more than enough time to deliver the build.
Re: The Locally Built Ship By Navy In Lagos That President Buhari Will Launch Today by Nobody: 9:41pm On Dec 15, 2016
Graphene:

In complex manufacturing or the defence industry, nobody builds everything from scratch. Nobody tries to re-invent the wheel. You can only customize the wheel to fit your requirements.

Not even the US, Japan, Germany or China builds everything from scratch. There's no point in trying to explain to individuals who are bent on seeing negativity.
Re: The Locally Built Ship By Navy In Lagos That President Buhari Will Launch Today by Graphene(m): 9:42pm On Dec 15, 2016
erico2k2:

So I take it they bought an Engine to install in teh boat then

Exactly sir. The engine, generators and most instrumentation equipments were bought. The ship as you see it NNS KARADUWA was manufactured in nigeria by Nigerians.

Funny thing is that as of when the project began, a 24 year old nigerian spear headed the quality team that ensured the ship meets national and international standards (ABS)

Also, to put matters in perspective, the project was started in the Jonathan administration.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: The Locally Built Ship By Navy In Lagos That President Buhari Will Launch Today by erico2k2(m): 10:05pm On Dec 15, 2016
Graphene:

Exactly sir. The engine, generators and most instrumentation equipments were bought. The ship as you see it NNS KARADUWA was manufactured in nigeria by Nigerians.

Funny thing is that as of when the project began, a 24 year old nigerian spear headed the quality team that ensured the ship meets national and international standards (ABS)

Also, to put matters in perspective, the project was started in the Jonathan administration.

God bless Nigeria.
Sounds good, this is encouraging, however Im looking 4ward to when the govt will invest more in tech machines N50M should get them fairly decent CNC milling machine that can make parts of an Engine and they can develop from there.
Re: The Locally Built Ship By Navy In Lagos That President Buhari Will Launch Today by Nobody: 10:21pm On Dec 15, 2016
DerideGull:

Even on assembled, Nigeria does not have the capability to do so. Nigeria does not have means to bend a pin or spoke talk less assemble a wheel.
who is this one again, guy u mu mu o. Nigeria can assemble cars n ship jor abeg nor let me vex, ur mumuness is on anoda level
Re: The Locally Built Ship By Navy In Lagos That President Buhari Will Launch Today by dabossman(m): 10:26pm On Dec 15, 2016
DerideGull:

Was an African the man who discovered the art/science? If so, why has the discovery of African art/science not manifested in development of grids, network of roads, potable water and even clean gutter?

What a question. Grab a history book; it will help you.
Re: The Locally Built Ship By Navy In Lagos That President Buhari Will Launch Today by Greenbuoy(m): 1:54am On Dec 16, 2016
tdayof:

I already gave up on military related topics on the front page because comments from my fellow Nigerians shows most of them are just internet warriors who know nothing about how the military works. They have zero ideas about Nigerian Military capabilities.
ALLAH!!
Re: The Locally Built Ship By Navy In Lagos That President Buhari Will Launch Today by Greenbuoy(m): 1:58am On Dec 16, 2016
N o n s e n s e
Re: The Locally Built Ship By Navy In Lagos That President Buhari Will Launch Today by DerideGull(m): 2:04am On Dec 16, 2016
mcquin:
Not here to banter words with you but if you are a Nigerian, show some respect and don't embarrass yourself on a forum you know the world visits and if you are not a Nigerian, shut up and allow us in spirit of patriotism pay respect to our country when deserving and criticise our leaders where necessary. Don't come here spewing hate. Good day.

If I am a Nigerian, I should have no qualms denying such connection. Why would any reasonable person grant any form of respect to a dysfunctional zoo such as Nigeria? By the way if you want to test the spirit of patriotism, I suggest you book day with the members of the victorious Nigeria Super Falcons.
Re: The Locally Built Ship By Navy In Lagos That President Buhari Will Launch Today by DerideGull(m): 2:12am On Dec 16, 2016
dabossman:

What a question. Grab a history book; it will help you.

Which history book is dude on about? It is safe to say that historical facts usually manifest themselves in ironic ways. something must be critically wrong as the historical inventiveness of Nigerians of yesteryears remain elusive to Nigerians of today. It is said that water flows to the channel it has been once selected.
Re: The Locally Built Ship By Navy In Lagos That President Buhari Will Launch Today by mcquin(m): 7:54am On Dec 16, 2016
DerideGull:

If I am a Nigerian, I should have no qualms denying such connection. Why would any reasonable person grant any form of respect to a dysfunctional zoo such as Nigeria? By the way if you want to test the spirit of patriotism, I suggest you book day with the members of the victorious Nigeria Super Falcons.
What you tag "zoo" is someone's country; if you don't respect the country, respect the emotions of those that love it. I am yet to see a single country that doesn't have its challenges but people don't go around calling it a zoo. Gas dadi killed people like they were less humans but many still respected the country's sovereignty; so please respect my country. No be force, na beg. For the Super Falcons, the country could have failed them but so has some other countries failed their citizens; key thing is Patriotism. Some U.S soldiers that died in the many wars in the Middle may not have supported the U.S engaging in such war, but for Patriotism, they ditched their personal interest. Good day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Prays Against Buhari's Victory In 2019 Election At The APC Giant Broom / Tinubu: The Venue For The May 29th Inauguration Concert (Pics, Video) / The Presidential Candidate That Wins Lagos Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.