Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,112 members, 7,821,820 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG (27455 Views)

Governor Shettima Orders Bet9ja, Nairabet Agents To Leave Borno State / Soldiers Praise, Pray & Worship In Church In Borno State (Photos) / Oil Discovered In Apa, Benue State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG by RagnarBankz(m): 9:50am On Dec 16, 2016
Neddstark:
Abu Shekau will be celebrating somewhere grin

no vex baba.....no be u i wan quote,,,,,.......no vex
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG by QuotaSystem: 9:51am On Dec 16, 2016
ChrisEsq:
Thank God o... The curse of the South has befallen the North.

Wrong. It's the way the oil is managed that determines whether it's a curse or a blessing. Oil is and remains a blessing for other desert nations like Saudi Arabia, UAE and Qatar because of the way it's managed.

I can assure you than you will not find situations where northern youths and community leaders like their southern counterparts, would collude with oil companies to selfishly and irresponsibly collect money from them instead of ensuring that they are environmentally responsible for their activities.

A Niger Delta President abandoned the UNEP report for cleanup of the Niger Delta for 6 years, and it took a Northern President to start its implementation. That says a lot.

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG by tchimatic(m): 9:52am On Dec 16, 2016
Thank God.......can Biafrans now leave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

proudly Igbo!!!
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG by ebroheem(m): 9:52am On Dec 16, 2016
Okundaye4:
I smell lies, but anyway, they should continue.
Gbam.
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG by Kingbuhari(m): 9:53am On Dec 16, 2016
good development so happy.... i hope this landlocked oil barren desert bandit will leave ND Oyil alone ...
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG by ogaprime(m): 9:54am On Dec 16, 2016
Ijaya123:

So you concurred that you're a slave to the northerners?

Haven't heard of slaves becoming masters and masters becoming slaves??
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG by wexyee: 9:54am On Dec 16, 2016
9jakohai:
It is bad news

1.Oil prices would further drop.....excess oil in the market

2.Borno state would become another failed oil state....with serious development issues.
hehehe on like niger delta ,,,, northeners do not sit nd wait for handout we are hardworking people..... B4 boko haram we re the agricultural capital of nigeria .... So dat wont be a problem for us

2 Likes

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG by Nobody: 9:54am On Dec 16, 2016
I smell lies. I have a feeling pipes are bei laid from an oil rich region to borno. If it's truly truly news, I believe they shoud specifically state the area and quantity.

If it is true that there's oil, I hope they get treated lik olobiri and Niger delta. I also see a new one, boko militants fighting for oil.

I so much doubt the authenticity of this story. That aside aside hope nigeria can split now. This has always been the plan of the north(nigerias biggest problem).
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG by Bhol28: 9:57am On Dec 16, 2016
DropShot:

Why are you annoyed about that prospect?
I wander o,why some people are always feeling so sad when oil is being discovered in other regions.Govt needs to intensify effort to increas revenue to meet up with peoples demands and they are getting it right yet it alwys saddens some people's mind

3 Likes

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG by Ijaya123: 9:57am On Dec 16, 2016
ogaprime:

Haven't heard of slaves becoming masters and masters becoming slaves??

Let me know when it happens to you.
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG by Rulezee09(m): 10:00am On Dec 16, 2016
[color=#990000][/color] ;DFat lie
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG by lagosrd: 10:01am On Dec 16, 2016
We know now so kindly abandoned the Niger delta oil and start the nomadic oil company of Nigeria
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG by ikorodureporta: 10:07am On Dec 16, 2016
Dis no b newz......oil wey boko dey tap since *21ChibokGirlsVs21OilWells*
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG by MrTemple(m): 10:09am On Dec 16, 2016
This is the real reason Boko boys were assemble to form a group. Oil has been discovered long time ago.
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG by QuotaSystem: 10:09am On Dec 16, 2016
Bhol28:
I wander o,why some people are always feeling so sad when oil is being discovered in other regions.Govt needs to intensify effort to increas revenue to meet up with peoples demands and they are getting it right yet it alwys saddens some people's mind

It's simple.

They want to be able to continue calling others parasites and be able to continue blaming government for their laziness and personal failures, while collecting money from government through blackmail for their criminality and thuggery.

By the time the North starts commercially exploiting its oil deposits and Kaduna starts producing oil from the refinery it's building from crude sourced from Niger Republic, combined with oil from Dangotes refinery in Lagos, the need to pay any lazy drunken criminal amnesty will disappear and the ND will be free to blow their entire oilfields into history if they like, because other options would be available.

The era of ND shakara is gradually coming to a final and definite end, and no-one expects them to be excited about it, so their wailing is not surprising at all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG by grownaira: 10:10am On Dec 16, 2016
sounds like good
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG by JoshMedia: 10:11am On Dec 16, 2016
Spamming

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG by xelly: 10:14am On Dec 16, 2016
How will students pass current affair with this information. Assuming it is asked " Where was crude oil discovered in Borno" what will be the answer? This government shaa

I can say it for all to hear, NO CRUDE OIL WAS DISCOVERED IN BORNO.
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG by googlepikins: 10:16am On Dec 16, 2016
carmag:
It will be a well come development in as much as the oil blocks are owned by people from the south to strengthen the spirit of one Nigerianes

January 14th 2017 still on our mind

you wan die abi? You dey find trouble

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG by FunkyMetahuman: 10:16am On Dec 16, 2016
xolomonstrides:

Qatar, UAE, lybia, Iraq etc are oil producers. Yet they are renowned oil producers. There is more oil in the deserts.

That been said, we need oil money to diversify. Another thing that at least there is a chance that the southern oil would be left for the southern people through resource control
oil money to search for more oil right?
The ones we already have, how much diversification have they done with it?

Why not use the money they are using to look for oil in the desert for agriculture or something meaningful, then we have other source of income, we can start looking for more oil in irrelevant places?

If economy is well diversified, southern oil will rest.
America is the biggest oil producing nation with over 10million barrels of oil a day, if they stop production today, it won't affect their economy 1bit.

Think now. if oil is the only means of generating income, we are left at the mercy of oil prices.
If we have other source of income, even if naija delta say no more oil, Nigeria won't crumble.

By the way, no amount of oil found in the north can ever come close to 10% of what is been drilled in the South.. Why not let everyone have unique thing to brag about for the over all instead of the country instead of oyel oyel.
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG by OBAGADAFFI: 10:17am On Dec 16, 2016
QuotaSystem:

Wrong. It's the way the oil is managed that determines whether it's a curse or a blessing. Oil is and remains a blessing for other desert nations like Saudi Arabia, UAE and Qatar because of the way it's managed.

I can assure you than you will not find situations where northern youths and community leaders like their southern counterparts, would collude with oil companies to selfishly and irresponsibly collect money from them instead of ensuring that they are environmentally responsible for their activities.

A Niger Delta President abandoned the UNEP report for cleanup of the Niger Delta for 6 years, and it took a Northern President to start its implementation. That says a lot.

Are the Northern youths better than their southern counterparts?

Are all the crisis and destruction coming from the North caused by the southerners?

The IDP situation is a pointer to the fact that mismanagement is not a regional issue but a Nation crisis.

Go and investigate lead exploration mess in the north , then come and tell u how oil exploration will be better.

2 Likes

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG by googlepikins: 10:19am On Dec 16, 2016
QuotaSystem:

It's simple.

They want to be able to continue calling others parasites and be able to continue blaming government for their laziness and personal failures, while collecting money from government through blackmail for their criminality and thuggery.

By the time the North starts commercially exploiting its oil deposits and Kaduna starts producing oil from the refinery it's building from crude sourced from Niger Republic, combined with oil from Dangotes refinery in Lagos, the need to pay any lazy drunken criminal amnesty will disappear and the ND will be free to blow their entire oilfields into history if they like, because other options would be available.

The era of ND shakara is gradually coming to a final and definite end, and no-one expects them to be excited about it, so their wailing is not surprising at all.
once the North discover reasonable oil, they will kick yorubbers out of their life. It's obvious. By the way, why didn't thiefnubuu meet with buhari yesterday? Oh I forgot Fulanis have taken over government, yorubbers are not allowed in this government

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG by QuotaSystem: 10:22am On Dec 16, 2016
googlepikins:
once the North discover reasonable oil, they will kick yorubbers out of their life. It's obvious. By the way, why didn't thiefnubuu meet with buhari yesterday? Oh I forgot Fulanis have taken over government, yorubbers are not allowed in this government

I have no issues with Yorubas, I wonder what you're rambling on about.

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG by babamoha(m): 10:25am On Dec 16, 2016
The north are just preparing themselves for a break up time so that they wount lacks sources of revenue incase the country called Nigeria is collapsed. grin grin grin grin grin grin cool shocked
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG by ThinkSmarter: 10:26am On Dec 16, 2016
until we see Agip,shell,chevron,LNG ,Daewoo lining up to Borno, else Na APC propagandas.
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG by Newmanluckyman(m): 10:26am On Dec 16, 2016
... A publicity stunt!

2 Likes

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG by clems88(m): 10:30am On Dec 16, 2016
I hope they don't deny this news. grin
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG by QuotaSystem: 10:32am On Dec 16, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:

Are the Northern youths better than their southern counterparts?

Are all the crisis and destruction coming from the North caused by the southerners?

The IDP situation is a pointer to the fact that mismanagement is not a regional issue but a Nation crisis.

Go and investigate lead exploration mess in the north , then come and tell u how oil exploration will be better.

1. With regard to tendency towards crime and fraudulent activities within this context, yes.

2. You should be specific because terrorism and IDP's are restricted to the NE, not the entire North, and they are products of Islamic extremism which is not a Northern, but global phenomenon.

3. The IDP situation is a direct offshoot of No. 2 above, and any lapses in management is attributable to the twin factors of the sheer mass of the victims and the current economic recession which leaves government with minimal funds to mitigate the crisis.

Oil exploration in the North will definitely be a different kettle of fish to what currently obtains in the South which is plagued with fraudulent & selfish community leaders and youths that shortchange their own communities, though it's important that the insurgency is eliminated in order to minimize disruptions.

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG by rusher14: 10:37am On Dec 16, 2016
RagnarBankz:

How much was invested to find the oil there

Buhari pumped billions of naira just to look for oil!

Can u ask ur self why?

Did u ever heard that Niger delta pumped money to look for oil in their land? Thats what i call NATURAL RESOURES!!!

This one go talk say he follow go school too.
lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG by alizma: 10:38am On Dec 16, 2016
hotspec:
Clueless BUBU. H e said he wanted to diversify our economy and revive the non-oil sector, especially Agric sector. Billions was spent on searching for oil by force in the Chad basin, a pipeline is abt being laid from Niger Republic to supply crude to the Kaduna refinery, an MOU was signed by d Moroccan king t visited recently on similar stuff for gas. How much has ds goro-chewing directionless and clueless shepherd from the Sahara desert has invested in d Agric sector since he came on board? and what results are we seeing?
diversification doesn't mean closing one and opening another. you build on what you have while creating another. it entails increasing your output and return while eliminating the risk of having one source of income.

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG by QuotaSystem: 10:38am On Dec 16, 2016
rusher14:

This one go talk say he follow go school too.
lipsrsealed

grin

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG by akoko11: 10:39am On Dec 16, 2016
Crude oil will soon be a forgone story, let go into production

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Impeachment: Labour To Shut Down Ekiti For Fayose As Group Writes CJN / Iranian-Sponsored Terrorists Planned To Kill IBB, Sultan, Says SSS / Okorocha’s Aides, Imo Lawmakers Defect To DPP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.