Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,862 members, 7,821,008 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG (27450 Views)

Governor Shettima Orders Bet9ja, Nairabet Agents To Leave Borno State / Soldiers Praise, Pray & Worship In Church In Borno State (Photos) / Oil Discovered In Apa, Benue State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG by Newmanluckyman(m): 10:40am On Dec 16, 2016
Bitchvibe:
I smell lies. I have a feeling pipes are bei laid from an oil rich region to borno. If it's truly truly news, I believe they shoud specifically state the area and quantity.

If it is true that there's oil, I hope they get treated lik olobiri and Niger delta. I also see a new one, boko militants fighting for oil.

I so much doubt the authenticity of this story. That aside aside hope nigeria can split now. This has always been the plan of the north(nigerias biggest problem).
... If this is true, all I am seeing here is how the southerners have been used and dump. Only those with hindsight will understand what I mean. With this discovery, if it's true anyway, we are now going to see the true nature of the Northerners. They maybe in the forefront of championing resource control now, higher derivation as against 13% since they will be included as oil producing States, refurbished North East development commission to cater for the oil producing communities with additional mandate to re-develop the entire North East due to the insurgency.

In fact, this is the best time to test the unity of the country.
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG by obailala(m): 10:42am On Dec 16, 2016
JoeBlocks:
Even when that source of income has crashed And doesn't give you money like it used to?

I still smile when I see people don't understand what it means for one to look beyond a source of income that has caused nothing but trouble since day one.

Rejoicing about a thing that causes trouble at the expense of lives isn't worth it, at all. Not to talk about the environmental degradation that source of income brings.
Nope! you are wrong and you apparently see things from a naive idealist perspective... That I work in a coal mine and that the coal mine has killed people and brought sorrow, that doesnt mean I dont NEED the coal and the income that comes from it; at least until I can get a suitable replacement. The sensible thing to do under such circumstance is to keep looking for ways to eliminate/reduce the troubles and sorrow that comes with the job.

Oil currently produces up to 90% of Nigeria’s income, it is a proven source of income for the country even at its current low price. Whilst the nation needs to diversify, it actually needs a lot of money to do that and for now, oil is still he only source; it cannot be wished away.

2 Likes

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG by Nobody: 10:43am On Dec 16, 2016
Freedom2016:
Ok...good news. Can we now divide the country now? They will say NO because nothing was found, including Lagos. The biggest scam in the world is Lagos putting groundnut oil in a jar, added some black ink, claiming to have found oil. Who puts crude oil in a jar to make a statement if not to deceive people. SMH. There is an axiom...if you truly have something, there is no need proving to have that.
Omg! I love this your designed satirical utterance grin

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG by akoko11: 10:46am On Dec 16, 2016
QuotaSystem:

Wrong. It's the way the oil is managed that determines whether it's a curse or a blessing. Oil is and remains a blessing for other desert nations like Saudi Arabia, UAE and Qatar because of the way it's managed.

I can assure you than you will not find situations where northern youths and community leaders like their southern counterparts, would collude with oil companies to selfishly and irresponsibly collect money from them instead of ensuring that they are environmentally responsible for their activities.

A Niger Delta President abandoned the UNEP report for cleanup of the Niger Delta for 6 years, and it took a Northern President to start its implementation. That says a lot.

Oga, any where there is oil there is bound to b trouble especially in Africa n Nigeria in particular, I was thinking same way like u until oil is found in my community in commercial quantity. Oil money is just to large ... Greed is almost inevitable.

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG by akoko11: 10:47am On Dec 16, 2016
Can we have resource control now?
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG by OBAGADAFFI: 10:51am On Dec 16, 2016
QuotaSystem:

1. With regard to tendency towards crime and fraudulent activities within this context, yes.

2. You should be specific because terrorism and IDP's are restricted to the NE, not the entire North, and they are products of Islamic extremism which is not a Northern, but global phenomenon.

3. The IDP situation is a direct offshoot of No. 2 above, and any lapses in management is attributable to the twin factors of the sheer mass of the victims and the current economic recession which leaves government with minimal funds to mitigate the crisis.

Oil exploration in the North will definitely be a different kettle of fish to what currently obtains in the South which is plagued with fraudulent & selfish community leaders and youths that shortchange their own communities, though it's important that the insurgency is eliminated in order to minimize disruptions.

But Borno State is also the NE and terrorism is still active in that region.

Well my point, is that their no difference between the Northern communities and Southern communities.

I once lived in the North, and you will be shocked with what some community leader do for money.
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG by mmsen: 11:09am On Dec 16, 2016
RagnarBankz:
Veryy soon we will hear that crude oil has been discoverd in daura!!

Why do these abokis need oil badly?

Because using their brains is against their religion.
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG by Fingesi(m): 11:10am On Dec 16, 2016
why Osibanjos pictures. make belief things. For the fact I saw Osibanjo face and not that of the President who should be a proud northerner, I smell fraud. let technicians go trace all the oil pipes from the south. I have this feeling someone is playing pranks somewhere. now ask yourself "why do they decide to use Osibanjo picture to announce this discovery in the North? why not at least El-rufai been used. This ought to be Buhari pride. something is fishing
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG by bejeria101(m): 11:28am On Dec 16, 2016
Crude groundnutoil? Awon oponu
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG by manmidtexy(m): 11:38am On Dec 16, 2016
I concur

carmag:
It will be a well come development in as much as the oil blocks are owned by people from the south to strengthen the spirit of one Nigerianes

January 14th 2017 still on our mind

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG by IAmOged(f): 11:39am On Dec 16, 2016
googlepikins:
once the North discover reasonable oil, they will kick yorubbers out of their life. It's obvious. By the way, why didn't thiefnubuu meet with buhari yesterday? Oh I forgot Fulanis have taken over government, yorubbers are not allowed in this government

Yoruphobia Patient spotted

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG by ransomed: 11:43am On Dec 16, 2016
SirJeffry:
During my history lesson days at school, all I heard about Buhari was with crude oil and here again in 2016, same history is repeating itself.

Well, goodluck with the oil and I hope borno lands get treated same way ND lands were/are being treated.
::-- Arewas do not vandalize government installations like Niger Deltans.

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG by ogaprime(m): 11:50am On Dec 16, 2016
Ijaya123:

Let me know when it happens to you.

It had happened to you first, you got your independence from the british, now you are the master...
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG by Nobody: 11:58am On Dec 16, 2016
You are so right
Newmanluckyman:
... If this is true, all I am seeing here is how the southerners have been used and dump. Only those with hindsight will understand what I mean. With this discovery, if it's true anyway, we are now going to see the true nature of the Northerners. They maybe in the forefront of championing resource control now, higher derivation as against 13% since they will be included as oil producing States, refurbished North East development commission to cater for the oil producing communities with additional mandate to re-develop the entire North East due to the insurgency.

In fact, this is the best time to test the unity of the country.
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG by nnol(m): 11:58am On Dec 16, 2016
what an expensive lie.
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG by yahmohy27: 11:59am On Dec 16, 2016
RagnarBankz:
Veryy soon we will hear that crude oil has been discoverd in daura!!

Why do these abokis need oil badly?
Do not worry about that ,thanks

2 Likes

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG by JoeBlocks(m): 12:07pm On Dec 16, 2016
obailala:
Nope! you are wrong and you apparently see things from a naive idealist perspective... That I work in a coal mine and that the coal mine has killed people and brought sorrow, that doesnt mean I dont NEED the coal and the income that comes from it; at least until I can get a suitable replacement. The sensible thing to do under such circumstance is to keep looking for ways to eliminate/reduce the troubles and sorrow that comes with the job.
Wrong! Even if you need the coal, that doesn't mean you neglect the families of those who lost their lives as a result of working in the coal mine. Neither does it mean you neglect the damage the coal mine has done to the environment.

Oil currently produces up to 90% of Nigeria’s income, it is a proven source of income for the country even at its current low price. Whilst the nation needs to diversify, it actually needs a lot of money to do that and for now, oil is still he only source; it cannot be wished away.
Before oil, agriculture was totally it. What happened? You speak of t country needing 'many money' in diversifying the economy, yet this same country pumped money into oil exploration in the north.

If you ask me, I'll say, the sensible thing to do is put a halt into any further search for crude oil, we have enough functioning oil wells already.

I read somewhere (I'm not sure where) that the government doesn't know how many oil wells we have in the country. If this bit of news is correct, you'd ask yourself why this same government is still seeking for oil.
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG by Annie939(f): 12:12pm On Dec 16, 2016
good news
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG by victorD3: 12:19pm On Dec 16, 2016
Good!!! I like such news. Let the FG explore the oil and degenerate their environment and give them only 13% percent of the proceeds.
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG by bashydemy(m): 12:32pm On Dec 16, 2016
RagnarBankz:

its like you are an aboki

because they are shouting ONE NIGERIA because of oil in the NIGER DELTA!!!

Dont they have any natural resoures in the north??

You guys will start drinking your oil...

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG by sholavictor(m): 12:53pm On Dec 16, 2016
I THINK IT IS A WELCOMED DEVELOPMENT TO THIS COUNTRY AND IT WILL BRING JOB OPPORTUNITY TO THE PEOPLE AND ALSO REDUCED POVERTY TO THE COUNTRY.
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG by xolomonstrides(m): 1:10pm On Dec 16, 2016
FunkyMetahuman:
oil money to search for more oil right?
The ones we already have, how much diversification have they done with it?

Why not use the money they are using to look for oil in the desert for agriculture or something meaningful, then we have other source of income, we can start looking for more oil in irrelevant places?

If economy is well diversified, southern oil will rest.
America is the biggest oil producing nation with over 10million barrels of oil a day, if they stop production today, it won't affect their economy 1bit.

Think now. if oil is the only means of generating income, we are left at the mercy of oil prices.
If we have other source of income, even if naija delta say no more oil, Nigeria won't crumble.

By the way, no amount of oil found in the north can ever come close to 10% of what is been drilled in the South.. Why not let everyone have unique thing to brag about for the over all instead of the country instead of oyel oyel.
Do not say the oil in the north cannot be up to what is in the south, because you are not the one who put the oil there in the ground.

Secondly, hardly would you see any government involved in exploration or prospecting for oil they give exploration and prospecting licenses to corporations. And it is done In the name of the government.
Talking about everyone having their own resource is not like oil, agriculture is everywhere and hardly does any nation envy another for cash or food crop. But oil is a different ball game. Our unity and disunity hangs on oil. Iraq, Lybia, Kuwait, Syria(Isis), all this countries' wars was as a result of oil. In the world today the general notion is "He who controls oil, rules the world" no nation would say "you have oil,I have palmoil so what's the difference". It is an issue of power(money power) I am from the south south and I say to you the north and the oyinbos would kill for our oil. Even tribes within the south south would kill themselves for oil money.

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG by fortress100(m): 1:19pm On Dec 16, 2016
north has oil now so let us divide.
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG by Willybos(m): 1:24pm On Dec 16, 2016
Freedom2016:
Ok...good news. Can we now divide the country now? They will say NO because nothing was found, including Lagos. The biggest scam in the world is Lagos putting groundnut oil in a jar, added some black ink, claiming to have found oil. Who puts crude oil in a jar to make a statement if not to deceive people. SMH. There is an axiom...if you truly have something, there is no need proving to have that.
Ar u still depending on Niger Delta? Ibo ar the gud example ov parasite in this country. In case iv u don't know, Niger deltans have nofin to du wit u guys.....SMH!
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG by kareemkamil(m): 1:42pm On Dec 16, 2016
Let see the discovery sample.
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG by Nobody: 1:55pm On Dec 16, 2016
Willybos:
[s]
Ar u still depending on Niger Delta? Ibo ar the gud example ov parasite in this country. In case iv u don't know, Niger deltans have nofin to du wit u guys.....SMH! [/s]

Afonja....your brothers in Togo and Benin Republic that look exactly like you, eats amala and ewedu, want to reunite you. Stop running to Umuoji and Arochukwu to attache by force.

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG by waluga(m): 2:14pm On Dec 16, 2016
where there....lier
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG by obailala(m): 2:20pm On Dec 16, 2016
JoeBlocks:
Wrong! Even if you need the coal, that doesn't mean you neglect the families of those who lost their lives as a result of working in the coal mine. Neither does it mean you neglect the damage the coal mine has done to the environment.

Instead of you to canvass for the families of those who lost their lives not to be neglected, you are calling for total closure of the mine even whilst it is your only source of income. That is what happens when you approach issues purely out of emotions.

Before oil, agriculture was totally it. What happened? You speak of t country needing 'many money' in diversifying the economy, yet this same country pumped money into oil exploration in the north.

If you ask me, I'll say, the sensible thing to do is put a halt into any further search for crude oil, we have enough functioning oil wells already.

Yes the country needs a lot of money to diversify, it needs MONEY + TIME.... And for your info, just in case you do not know, it is not the N38bn spent on oil exploration that is preventing diversification, a lot of people seem to mix this up. Like I said before, Diversifying does not entail abandoning a proven source of income; it means 'adding to your source'.

It takes money to make money and for every single oil well feeding the nation today, money was spent to explore and exploit it, and money is still been spent as we speak to further maintain them and sink new ones to be able to sustain our production levels. You (just like many others) obviously have a particular reservation against this case simply because it is in the north, not anything else.

I read somewhere (I'm not sure where) that the government doesn't know how many oil wells we have in the country. If this bit of news is correct, you'd ask yourself why this same government is still seeking for oil.
Just a reduction in oil prices tumbled Nigeria's econony and here you are still asking why the government us seeking oil. Probably you are one of those who believe the present recession and untold hardship in the country is just buhari's doing and has nothing to do with oil?.. else I wonder why anyone would be asking this question you put up there.

Wherever you read about government not knowing how many oil wells we have, you can do yourself a favour by going back to read the content of the report (not just the title).

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG by MeAboki(m): 2:43pm On Dec 16, 2016
Black belle ppl just full dis ground; some are calling it a lie as if they can wish it away; others are wrongly quarrelling with it as non diversification; expecting the government to stand still doing nothing and allow the ND to hold the rest of this nation to ransom, without exploring alternative solutions to the ongoing blackmail.

Some of them will commit suicide by the time Sokoto and the Benue oil & gas rich trough finds are confirmed.

Let the saboteurs continue, soon they'll be buying refined petrol from the Kaduna refineryl; while they'll watch in envy as the local economy picks up along with the creation of many jobs and industries - in fact, their hate is our motivation to develop and prepare towards self sufficiency; so let them hate some more.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG by femolii: 2:53pm On Dec 16, 2016
Good development.
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG by Nobody: 2:59pm On Dec 16, 2016
Story story. In d Nigeria flank of d Chad basin, there are no oil of economic quantity. You hv oil shows but structural effect ( subsidence and faulting) has made the other flank in Chad rich with d oil. If a government official says there is oil, please get d stick from eyo masquerade in lagos and flog him. I hv d well logs in my office of d drilling we did in 1998 in maiduguri area. Just some minor shows. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG by jagbajantus: 3:15pm On Dec 16, 2016
This is the TRANSLATION:

The more that OIL is discovered in Northern Nigeria, it means the quicker that Nigeria will be breaking up very soon.
The only thing that's keeping Nigeria together is that BLACK GOLD! Therefore, if either more oil is found in the North or oil dries up in the South, then the North will have no logical reason to stay together with Southern Nigeria anymore and the country will promptly separate.
The only single thing that has held the country Nigeria together since independence has been the OIL in the south.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Anambra Governorship Election: PDP Campaign Flag Off In Pictures / Buhari Recieves South-east Traditional Rulers In Aso-rock / N-Power Is Propaganda - Senator Abaribe Blasts Buhari's Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.