Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,043 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? - Religion (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? (30340 Views)

Why Do Atheists Desist From Answering This Question ? / Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? / Do Atheists Celebrate Christmas? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by PDBonline: 5:44pm On Dec 18, 2016
Felixomor, Seun just confirmed what you've been saying ever since.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by felixomor: 5:46pm On Dec 18, 2016
PDBonline:

Exactly bro.
I saw it.
Atheism has never been evidence-based.

Thank God u have seen my point.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by dalaman: 5:50pm On Dec 18, 2016
felixomor:

No need.
He already has.

In the form of Allah, Brahma, Yahweh, Jesus, Ifa etc abi?
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by Seun(m): 5:50pm On Dec 18, 2016
plaetton:
Bingo! !

The key WORDS here being ' ASSUME ' and 'THINK'.

You have just proven, without knowing it, that God is NOTHING but a product of Imagination and Wishful Thinking.

I rest my case.
Let's not stoop to the level of religious apologists. We know that he's trying to reason from our point of view, which is commendable.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by plaetton: 5:51pm On Dec 18, 2016
PDBonline:

* That was just a post asking you to see from another perspective!

That's exactly my point.

You choose to see reality from an IMAGINARY, make-believe perspective.

I don't. grin
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by felixomor: 5:52pm On Dec 18, 2016
Seun:

If He appears to me in person and performs miracles to prove Himself, I'll need to capture the event on videos taken from different angles, which I will review carefully after I'm discharged from the mental hospital. Then I will post the videos online to be scrutinized by magicians.

Would you be able to select the pictures of the man man and woman you thought you saw in your dream from a collection of 100 random pictures of men and women of the same age? I doubt it. Assuming that the person you "knew" the vision was about had said that his parents were happily married, you would have interpreted the vision as a sign that their marriage is in danger of being broken up by the wife. People are subject to something known as "confirmation bias". We notice the things that fit our beliefs and ignore or forget the things that don't.

Scientists are not infallible but they have developed the most successful system for figuring out what is true. I would also involve magicians because they deceive people ethically for a living, so they are very good at spotting unethical deception. If it's a trick, they'll figure it out.

I showed u scientific proof for afterlife,

Till today, u failed to respond on afterlife, U remained mute since .
because this post exposes hypocrisy.
Big time
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:52pm On Dec 18, 2016
plaetton:

Bingo! !

The key WORDS here being ' ASSUME ' and 'THINK'.

You have just proven, without knowing it, that God is NOTHING but a product of Imagination and Wishful Thinking.

I rest my case.

Atheism is a man made idea started by Diagoras of Melos undecided undecided
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by felixomor: 5:53pm On Dec 18, 2016
dalaman:

In the form of Allah, Brahma, Yahweh, Jesus, Ifa etc abi?

In the form of Jesus and in different other forms to billions of people throughout human history.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by Seun(m): 5:54pm On Dec 18, 2016
PDBonline:
Pls explain this. Do you think that a God who exists wouldn't be able to provide evidence strong enough to to satisfy scientists & magicians?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by plaetton: 5:56pm On Dec 18, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Really?
I guess your Bible must have been referring to him when it pointed out how nervous it was about people who sayeth there is no god.
But how come Diagoras of Melos was not mentioned in the Bible ?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by Seun(m): 5:56pm On Dec 18, 2016
felixomor:
I showed u scientific proof for afterlife
I told you that I don't believe that the consciousness of a higher animal can persist after its brain cells have died. Your link didn't address that at all. I was very specific about the definition of the afterlife that I don't believe in, yet you still provided a link that has nothing to do with it at all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by felixomor: 5:57pm On Dec 18, 2016
Seun:

I told you that I don't believe that the consciousness of a higher animal can persist after its brain cells have died. Your link didn't address that at all. I was very specific about the definition of the afterlife that I don't believe in, yet you still provided a link that has nothing to do with it at all.

U just lied.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by dalaman: 5:59pm On Dec 18, 2016
felixomor:

In the form of Jesus and in different other forms to billions of people throughout human history.

Sure, other forms like Allah, Brahma etc with diffrent and conflicting messages abi?
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:59pm On Dec 18, 2016
Seun:
Pls explain this. Do you think that a God who exists wouldn't be able to provide evidence strong enough to to satisfy scientists & magicians?

Nature is one of the numerous evidences God exists . Atheists are the ones denying this . And their reasons for refusing to accept this are ludicrous , puerile and untenable.

Have you seen the arguments against the existence of God by the first band of Greek atheists ? grin grin The foundation of atheism is weak , no wonder its experiencing massive decline worldwide .

Christianity started 500 years later and has over 2 billion adherents and is expected to hit over 3 billion in 34 years time .

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by felixomor: 6:01pm On Dec 18, 2016
dalaman:

Sure, other forms like Allah, Brahma etc with diffrent and conflicting messages abi?

"Sure"?
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by dalaman: 6:02pm On Dec 18, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Will you stop repeating this lie.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by plaetton: 6:03pm On Dec 18, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Nature is one of the numerous evidences God exists . Atheists are the ones denying this . And their reasons for refusing to accept this are ludicrous , puerile and untenable.

Have you seen the arguments against the existence of God by the first band of Greek atheists ? grin grin The foundation of atheism is weak , no wonder its experiencing massive decline worldwide .

Christianity started 500 years later and has over 2 billion adherents and is expected to hit over 3 billion in 34 years time .

Laughing out loudly.

You must be living in an alternate universe, an imaginary universe that you keep creating as you go.

That's the great thing about believing in invisible things.
You make sh.it up , any sh.it, as you go.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by dalaman: 6:03pm On Dec 18, 2016
felixomor:

"Sure"?

Is Allah not God? According to about 2 billion muslims he is. Over a billion Hindus say that Brahma is God so sure.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by felixomor: 6:04pm On Dec 18, 2016
dalaman:

Usual tactic.
Screaming liar without showing proof.
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by dalaman: 6:06pm On Dec 18, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Christianity started and was formed by men. Islam was also stared and formed by men, it is expected to pass christianity in the future, it is the fastest growing religion. That means Allah is the only true God and the Koran is real.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by felixomor: 6:06pm On Dec 18, 2016
dalaman:

Is Allah not God? According to about 2 billion muslims he is. Over a billion Hindus say that Brahma is God so sure.

And many more billions have studied and veirfied the bestselling Bible as God's word.
By the way Allah also simply means "God" in Arabic.
Arab Christians use it too.

So
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:06pm On Dec 18, 2016
plaetton:

Laughing out loudly.

You must be living in an alternate universe, an imaginary universe that you keep creating as you go.

That the great thing about believing in invisible things.
You make sh.it up , any sh.it, as you go.

How does this address my post
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by dalaman: 6:08pm On Dec 18, 2016
felixomor:

Usual tactic.
Screaming liar without showing proof.
lipsrsealed

I have already showed him proof, yet he is still here repeating the same lie. They were atheist during the Vedic period in India ancient India long before Diagoras.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:08pm On Dec 18, 2016
dalaman:

Christianity started and was formed by men. Islam was also stared and formed by men, it is expected to pass christianity in the future, it is the fastest growing religion. That means Allah is the only true God and the Koran is real.

Strawman .

Did I in anyway suggest that the population determines the truth ? Islam is another religious concept of the same God .
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by felixomor: 6:09pm On Dec 18, 2016
dalaman:

I have already showed him proof, yet he is still here repeating the same lie. They were atheist during the Vedic period in India ancient India long before Diagoras.

Name them
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:11pm On Dec 18, 2016
dalaman:

Its called Apatheism not atheism . Apatheism is being indifferent about gods .

Diagoras was called the first atheist in history you liar

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:11pm On Dec 18, 2016
felixomor:

Name them

Brilliant !!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by dalaman: 6:11pm On Dec 18, 2016
felixomor:

And many more billions have studied and veirfied the bestselling Bible as God's word.
By the way Allah also simply means "God" in Arabic.
Arab Christians use it too.

So

Sure, the bible is the word of a false God called Yahweh. A creation of the ancient tribal Jews. The Koran is the true word of the creator of the universe. Go and read it. Allah the true God said there is no God but him and Mohammed is his last messenger. Go read his book it's all inside. Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world and it will pass christianity in about 50 years to come. A prediction that Allah made inside his book.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:12pm On Dec 18, 2016
dalaman:

Why was he then called the first atheist in history
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by dalaman: 6:13pm On Dec 18, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Its called Apatheism not atheism . Apatheism is being indifferent about gods .

Diagoras was called the first atheist in history you liar

Called the first atheist in history according to who? Who named him the first atheist? Show me the historical source that said he is the first atheist.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by dalaman: 6:13pm On Dec 18, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Why was he then called the first atheist in history

The history book that calls him the first atheist can be found where?
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by felixomor: 6:14pm On Dec 18, 2016
dalaman:

Sure, the bible is the word of a false God called Yahweh. A creation of the ancient tribal Jews. The Koran is the true word of the creator of the universe. Go and read it. Allah Athe true God said there is no God but him and Mohammed is his last messenger. Go read his book it's all inside. Islam is the fastest growing religion in the wored and it will pass christianity in about 50 years to come. A prediction that Allah made inside his book.

Fastest growing my foot.
Wake me up when ur vision 50 years come true.

Maybe I need to show you history of people who predicted the end of the bible, even centuries ago.

Where are they today?
Abeg save me the rant.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply)

Igbo People Are The Hebrews Of The Bible ... 100% Proof / Catholic Church Doesn’t Run On Tithe– Cardinal Okogie Fires Back At Gov. Bello / 8 Things Guys Do When/after Coming Back From Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.