Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,082 members, 7,821,721 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? (30252 Views)

Why Do Atheists Desist From Answering This Question ? / Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? / Do Atheists Celebrate Christmas? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by Deicide: 1:49pm On Dec 17, 2016
How Many times Would i Say this? Atheism is Not "There Is No God"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngw25LhsLfY
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by damogul: 1:50pm On Dec 17, 2016
PDBonline:

dalaman, you are making those claims again. In logic it's called begging the question: providing what is essentially the conclusion as the premise. You also used hasty generalization You essentially provided more of what is called logical fallacy.
To conclude that Gods are man made idea, you must have interacted with every man that ever claimed to believe in God in the history of humanity and must have proven that all of them had the same story to tell.

Succinct!
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by damogul: 1:52pm On Dec 17, 2016
Deicide:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngw25LhsLfY

Please this thread is not for kids. Neither is it for those who type before they think. If you did not understand the OP then quietly walk out of the thread. Since you need a video to establish who you are then please let others show us proof which determined who they are. Videos are not what we want but actually irrefutable or scientific proof.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by PDBonline: 1:55pm On Dec 17, 2016
damogul:

Saying you were once a Christian is no proof to your claim. I am a Christian and have been for 30yrs of my life so our positions differ so can you show me real tangible proof to your claim

He was trying to use anecdotes.
I even appreciate his openness and bold attempt to try. Maybe he will see now that he actually ventured into fallacy for lack of proper guidance.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by dalaman: 1:58pm On Dec 17, 2016
PDBonline:

dalaman, you are making those claims again. In logic it's called begging the question: providing what is essentially the conclusion as the premise. You also used hasty generalization You essentially provided more of what is called logical fallacy.
To conclude that Gods are man made idea, you must have interacted with every man that ever claimed to believe in God in the history of humanity and must have proven that all of them had the same story to tell.

I don't need to do that. All I need is to follow the pattern and I have provide it. Show.me a God that people believe in that can be shown to exist in its own independent of man's input. Does your God exist? Show me that it exist on its own without man made stories,theology, doctrines and societal acceptance. If your God exist show that it exist independently without man's input.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by Deicide: 1:59pm On Dec 17, 2016
damogul:

Please this thread is not for kids. Neither is it for those who type before they think. If you did not understand the OP then quietly walk out of the thread. Since you need a video to establish who you are then please let others show us proof which determined who they are. Videos are not what we want but actually irrefutable or scientific proof.
Keep Your Emotions In Check..
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by felixomor: 2:02pm On Dec 17, 2016
dalaman:

I don't need to do that. All I need I'd to follow the pattern and I have provide it. Show.me a God that people believe in that can be shown to exist in its own independent of man's input. Does your God exist? Show me that it exist on its own without man made stories,theology, doctrines and societal acceptance. If your God exist show that it exist independently without man's input.

Please first explain to us how you as a human being will show to a bacterium that you exist?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by damogul: 2:03pm On Dec 17, 2016
dalaman:

I don't need to do that. All I need I'd to follow the pattern and I have provide it. Show.me a God that people believe in that can be shown to exist in its own independent of man's input. Does your God exist? Show me that it exist on its own without man made stories,theology, doctrines and societal acceptance. If your God exist show that it exist independently without man's input.

If you claim you followed the pattern can you show me your thesis and probable interview you had with every single originator of the God idea and how they even started the God idea off the top of their head without any external influence or any self reasoning or experience on their part.

So can you show me how you followed this pattern and how far the pattern went.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by dalaman: 2:04pm On Dec 17, 2016
felixomor:

Please first explain to us how you as a human being will show to a bacterium that you exist?

A bacterium is in no way , shape and form interested in the knowledge of the existence of a human being. Humans want to know that Gods exist and Gods as we are told want humans to exist. You are comparing apples to stones here.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by Deicide: 2:05pm On Dec 17, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
Nature serves as evidence for God . We also see intelligence in humans , morality , and personal observation as evidence for God .

How atheists can prove God does not exist .

Nature Stands as an Evdience of Itself And Not God....
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by damogul: 2:07pm On Dec 17, 2016
dalaman:

A bacterium is in no way , shape and form interested in the knowledge of the existence of a human being. Humans want to know that Gods exist and Gods as we are told want humans to exist. You are comparing apples to stones here.

Have you ever interviewed a bacteria to know this? Scientists seem to disagree with you because a Bacteria is alive and since it was able to influence their idea of evolution and from it man got intelligence and a brain to reason with then a bacterium is intelligent. Have you interviewd a bacterium before to know what it wants and does not want? If you have then show us how you did this which enabled you know what they want and do not want and how it is that they are not interested in the knowledge of the existence of man

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by dalaman: 2:08pm On Dec 17, 2016
damogul:

If you claim you followed the pattern can you show me your thesis and probable interview you had with every single originator of the God idea and how they even started the God idea off the top of their head without any external influence or any self reasoning or experience on their part.

So can you show me how you followed this pattern and how far the pattern went.

I don't need to interview anybody. The existence of various Gods and the fact that men do everything for the Gods alone shows that men created them all. Show me any God that exist on its own without the input of men. Show me that God.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by Deicide: 2:10pm On Dec 17, 2016
AnonyNymous:

What is natural theology?

Trust Kingebukasblog na He is now Trying To shift Pantheism into Theism

Guy If you have Change beliefs let Us know be a Man tell and stop all this useless Games...
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by PDBonline: 2:11pm On Dec 17, 2016
Deicide:

Deicide, What do you hold to as true about God? 1. Does God exist? 2. Do you believe humans cannot know whether or not God exist?
If your answer to 1. Is No then show us if there was an objective scientific source having done all due diligence to come to that conclusion.
If your answer is "I don't know" then proceed to answer question
2. If your answer is "No" this thread is not for you. If it is "Yes" provide the logically true and scientifically proven fact that you hold on to that has proven that it is impossible for man to know God exist. And that should include an evidence that if God exist, although He is God, he CANNOT reveal Himself to man.

That's what this thread is about
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by dalaman: 2:11pm On Dec 17, 2016
damogul:

Have you ever interviewed a bacteria to know this? Scientists seem to disagree with you because a Bacteria is alive and since it was able to influence their idea of evolution and from it man got intelligence and a brain to reason with then a bacterium is intelligent. Have you interviewd a bacterium before to know what it wants and does not want? If you have then show us how you did this which enabled you know what they want and do not want and how it is that they are not interested in the knowledge of the existence of man

A bacteria can not communicate with a human being. Gods are said to communicate with human beings. You on your own have claimed to be communicating with God. I can ask you specific questions about your claim and it will show that you are lying and you are not in communication with any thing m you are only communicating with your imaginations. So do you communicate with God. Yes or no?
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by damogul: 2:12pm On Dec 17, 2016
dalaman:

I don't need to interview anybody. The existence of various Gods and the fact that men do everything for the Gods alone shows that men created them all. Show me any God that exist on its own without the input of men. Show me that God.

What came first. man or nature? How did nature get here? If you are an advocate for evolution then you can make this assertion but you are not. You believe in Creation but not the religious creation. So how then is man needed as an input to the existence of God?

If you were not there and have not carried out one single personal research or interview of anyone at at any age then you are not an authority to say for a fact that God does not exist or is a man made idea. All you have are claims based on assumptions.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by felixomor: 2:13pm On Dec 17, 2016
dalaman:

Sorry, dude.
Did u just speak the mind of a bacterium?

Hmmmm.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by damogul: 2:14pm On Dec 17, 2016
dalaman:

A bacteria can not communicate with a human being. Gods are said to communicate with human beings. You on your own have claimed to be communicating with God. I can ask you specific questions about your claim and it will show that you are lying and you are not in communication with any thing m you are only communicating with your imaginations. So do you communicate with God. Yes or no?

How did you arrive at the claim i highlighted? Have you exhausted all attempts to communicate with a bacteria? Have you even made any attempt before? When you make certain claims be very careful. Same way they said man cannot communicate with whales or dolphins but today we are able to do that. So what attempt have you made to communicate with a bacterium to prove that they lack the ability to communicate?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by dalaman: 2:14pm On Dec 17, 2016
damogul:

What came first. man or nature? How did nature get here? If you are an advocate for evolution then you can make this assertion but you are not. You believe in Creation but not the religious creation. So how then is man needed as an input to the existence of God?

If you were not there and have not carried out one single personal research or interview of anyone at at any age then you are not an authority to say for a fact that God does not exist or is a man made idea. All you have are claims based on assumptions.

I have already given you a very clear cut work. If you know any God that exist on its own without human input point to it.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by PDBonline: 2:15pm On Dec 17, 2016
dalaman:

Shifting the burden of prove again.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Dec 17, 2016
PDBonline:

You should take a dictionary and start from there. But really, when I say God. I mean the Eternal Being through whom everything else derives origin; the omnipotent and omniscient.

Exist means [/b]real[b].

Now, if you decide to change the topic again, I won't respond to you. All what I'm asking for is how an atheist who claims God is not real came to that conclusion, logically and scientifically.
define "real"
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by damogul: 2:16pm On Dec 17, 2016
dalaman:

I have already given you a very clear cut work. If you know any God that exist on its own without human input point to it.

I have given you your answer and the one with the clear cut work is actually you.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by dalaman: 2:17pm On Dec 17, 2016
damogul:

How did you arrive at the claim i highlighted? Have you exhausted all attempts to communicate with a bacteria? Have you even made any attempt before? When you make certain claims be very careful. Same way they said man cannot communicate with whales or dolphins but today we are able to do that. So what attempt have you made to communicate with a bacterium to prove that they lack the ability to communicate?

Who said man can not communicate with Whales of Dolphins? Show me thepersonally that said that. A bacteria doesn't have a brain. It is a singke cell organism that is primitive. How can a human being communicate with such an organism. If you say it is possible then let me know how. By the way do you communicate with God?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by felixomor: 2:19pm On Dec 17, 2016
dalaman:

Who said man can not communicate with Whales of Dolphins? Show me thepersonally that said that. A bacteria doesn't have a brain. It is a singke cell organism that is primitive. How can a human being communicate with such an organism. If you say it is possible then let me know how. By the way do you communicate with God?

U r beginning to expose your faulty lines now.
Firstly, u couldnt tell me how u knew d mind of bacteria.

God is a spirit, we are humans

So fastforward your brain now.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by Deicide: 2:19pm On Dec 17, 2016
PDBonline:

Deicide, What do you hold to as true about God? 1. Does God exist? 2. Do you believe humans cannot know whether or not God exist?
Humans Cant Know if God Exist Or if It Doesnt But if A "Human" then claims That a God Exist He has to Provide Proof First... Before anyone would accept the Idea

[s]If your answer to 1. Is No then show us if there was an objective scientific source having done all due diligence to come to that conclusion.[/s]
If your answer is "I don't know" then proceed to answer question
2. If your answer is "No" this thread is not for you. If it is "Yes" provide the logically true and scientifically proven fact that you hold on to that has proven that it is impossible for man to know God exist. And that should include an evidence that if God exist, although He is God, he CANNOT reveal Himself to man.

That's what this thread is about
@Bolded Then It is Not Atheism.....I also saw Where You wrote "But it is Logical to Believe that something came out from noting"

NO Atheist Also dont Believe that Something Came out From Noting i Dont know where you got that idea from. In fact its You theist that actually believe That Something came Out from Noting....
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by dalaman: 2:20pm On Dec 17, 2016
PDBonline:
Shifting the burden of prove again.

Can a bacteria communicate with humans? Of yes then how? Do humans claim to communicate with God? Yes. Damaging has claimed many times to communicate with God. If it is true then we can ask him very simple questions to know if he is telling the truth or lying. You can not keep making empty claims and not expect to be held responsible.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by damogul: 2:21pm On Dec 17, 2016
dalaman:

When did man begin learning how to communicate with whales or dolphins. Do you even know science?

Quorum sensing: cell-to-cell communication in bacteria. Bacteria communicate with one another using chemical signal molecules. As in higher organisms, the information supplied by these molecules is critical for synchronizing the activities of large groups of cells.

Yet you say bacteria cannot communicate because it has no brain right?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by dalaman: 2:23pm On Dec 17, 2016
felixomor:

U r beginning to expose your faulty lines now.
Firstly, u couldnt tell me how u knew d mind of bacteria.

God is a spirit, we are humans

So fastforward your brain now.

The bacteria has no mind. It has no brain.

God is spirit but you guys claim to be in contact with him. You claim you talk and communicate with it. The God of the bible says that humans should come and reason together with him. You seem to be hiding your God under the this elusive relm of the spiritual.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by Deicide: 2:23pm On Dec 17, 2016
Blackbolt:
define "real"
Oh boy Now am You and also NinjaX cool
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by damogul: 2:24pm On Dec 17, 2016
dalaman:

God is spirit but you guys claim to be in contact with him. You claim you talk and communicate with it. The God of the bible says that humans should come and reason together with him. You seem to be hiding your God under the this elusive relm of the spiritual.

Oga look up ad see your bacteria that cannot communicate which you called primitive

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by damogul: 2:25pm On Dec 17, 2016
Deicide:
Oh boy Now am You and also NinjaX cool

Small boy who thinks himself smart. NinjaX and Blackbolt well done. Keep logging out and back in with different monikers
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by felixomor: 2:26pm On Dec 17, 2016
dalaman:

U are beginning to quote wrong stuff now.
Bacteria has no mind.

That is a lie bros.
Bacteria has been proven to even think superbly.

U have resorted to stating false scientific fact because u want to doge that question.
U see u?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Peter Obi: Social Media Cannot Control Voice Of Prophecy - Fr Mbaka / MKO Tibetan: Funke Felix-Adejumo Is Playing With Sudden Death Over Dollar Seeds / Promise Ubong: Peace Ntuk Shares Transformation Photos Of Boy Tagged A Wizard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.