Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,898 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

Financially Dependent Ladies Who Talk About Marriage Lack Vision - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Financially Dependent Ladies Who Talk About Marriage Lack Vision (19312 Views)

Please Help! I Have Over Dependent Girlfriend Relationship Is Demoralizing Me / Tim Westwood Shreds His Credit Cards: "I'm Tired Of Dating Dependent Ladies" / 10 Ways To Spot Ladies Who Have No Boyfriends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Financially Dependent Ladies Who Talk About Marriage Lack Vision by jayluvesella: 1:54pm On Dec 24, 2016
Re: Financially Dependent Ladies Who Talk About Marriage Lack Vision by Nobody: 1:54pm On Dec 24, 2016
Raine80:
For some women getting married is actually viewed as career objective .......that's as far as their ambitions goes!

True

2 Likes

Re: Financially Dependent Ladies Who Talk About Marriage Lack Vision by oluwabishop: 1:55pm On Dec 24, 2016
Rapmoney:
In the end, they start becoming burden to family members and friends when the man loses the power to produce resources.

Working in Shell or any other multi-nationals is not a pre-requisite for being enlightened.

Baba a you are wise.

6 Likes

Re: Financially Dependent Ladies Who Talk About Marriage Lack Vision by Slickest(m): 1:55pm On Dec 24, 2016
Laveda:
I'm sure any right thinking lady knows this.

But a man should be able to provide for his woman.
True
Re: Financially Dependent Ladies Who Talk About Marriage Lack Vision by joanana(f): 1:57pm On Dec 24, 2016
TEVLI:
Tell them o!! My uncle who recently got married is broke, Makes me wonder if "He who has found a Good Wife" has really found a good thing?? Or just another Money-Siphoning Stuff

The woman no contribute for the marriage. Its no longer his marriage, it is our marriage and wedding. Anyway God will see him. Through this though times. All is well bro
Re: Financially Dependent Ladies Who Talk About Marriage Lack Vision by nonjebose(m): 1:58pm On Dec 24, 2016
I believe many ladies are at one level of financial independence or the other. They should be given credit for that. Some are into some form of biz, while others are salary earners in both private and public work place
Re: Financially Dependent Ladies Who Talk About Marriage Lack Vision by joanana(f): 2:01pm On Dec 24, 2016
Laveda:

I hope you saw the part where I also said a man is supposed to provide for his woman?

When he has used the provision for the wedding nko? Abeg leave that thing some ladies are not considerate their concern is the wedding not.marriage. To have a flamboyant wedding forgetting that there's life after wedding. Wedding is a day while marriage is forever

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Financially Dependent Ladies Who Talk About Marriage Lack Vision by solidman59(m): 2:07pm On Dec 24, 2016
Rapmoney:
When I see some young financially dependent ladies talking and planning excitedly to tie the knot with a man as fast as possible, I can't help but wonder if they are actually planning for the actual 'married life' or just the wedding day

Financial independence in marriage, as it is required for men, is also required for women; just that the proportion of its importance could vary for both genders. It beats my imagination to know that most of us who claim to 'study' the Bible have failed to realize the fact that women are meant to be helpers in all ramifications as regards marriage and not some idle hands who enter marriage financially unprepared. I am not saying women should compete financially with men in marriage; what I am saying in essence is that women should also exhibit some level of financial independence or capacity in order to achieve a financially stable family setting in marriage! It is one very reason why I have always encourage our Nigerian mothers to teach their daughters home-made entrepreneurial skills right from the tender years. They should not be given that orientation that their main role in the life of a man is just to consume what has been brought in without any form of contribution. The era of 'OBIAGELI' (coming to eat) is fast fading away; in fact, it is quickly losing its ground. This could catapault them to be more productive than the typical young Nigerian ladies that sit and hope for financial freedom as soon as they get married to a man. This makes marriage seem like an occupation rather than a legal union where the woman is expected to play the role of helper. I have said it severally that men respect women who go out to win the akara while they (the men) go out to win the bread. It is not good for a woman to just be the bread and akara eater altogether. The consequences of such situation mostly take the form of the children/family suffering when the man loses the capacity to 'win the bread' due to ill- health, turn of events, retrenchment, etc.

As a young lady, you should discover yourself and identify your vision/purpose occupational-wise before you delve into marriage, else you become a marital burden who cannot contribute meaningfully in building a family of your dream. Have you ever thought about what could happen if the man loses his livelihood? Can you carry on from where he stopped temporarily? Or will you allow your entire family to go out there to beg because you came into the picture with nothing and has refused to be productive?

The way the Nigerian economy stands today, it is even suppose to be a pre-condition that our young women are engaged in professions, trade, business or investments that make them financially independent before they think of marriage. This is not 1928!!! Things are changing...think about it!
Discover yourself first; don't expect a man to help you discover yourself and give you financial freedom! Marriage is not an escape route out of poverty! It is a legal union...play your role!

Financially dependent ladies who talk about marriage lack vision. This is my opinion.

Good morning everyone!

Good morning bro

2 Likes

Re: Financially Dependent Ladies Who Talk About Marriage Lack Vision by UIA04(f): 2:09pm On Dec 24, 2016
Rapmoney:
So you mean a man will marry a lady who is a medical doctor or one who is into exportation of some commodities even before marriage and force her to sit at home? I don't think that's possible. Read the post again. I'm talking about the status of the woman even before marriage; she needs to be engaged and productive even before marriage.

Coincidentally my mum just told me of an uncle who gave his WIFE to be instructions to resign her teaching job as he waNted a full housewife, they've been married almost 40 yrs

We even have a neighbour with same example
Re: Financially Dependent Ladies Who Talk About Marriage Lack Vision by Aystarz: 2:09pm On Dec 24, 2016
joanana:

When he has used the provision for the wedding nko? Abeg leave that thing some ladies are not considerate their concern is the wedding not.marriage. To have a flamboyant wedding forgetting that there's life after wedding. Wedding is a day while marriage is forever
Finally a girl on the thread with sense!

8 Likes

Re: Financially Dependent Ladies Who Talk About Marriage Lack Vision by Agimor(m): 2:10pm On Dec 24, 2016
Benita27:
Because you've not seen doesn't make it impossible.
There're ladies with degrees whose husbands have subjected to full time house wives, of course they agreed on what they felt will make their marriage work.
Being financially dependent before marriage still doesn't make a lady visionless, is one without prospect that's visionless.
Having a degree doesn't really count these days as one in every family is a graduate. What really count is the delivery.

2 Likes

Re: Financially Dependent Ladies Who Talk About Marriage Lack Vision by solidman59(m): 2:11pm On Dec 24, 2016
Laveda:

Your last line is true but it already states the obvious. The op has already acknowledged that fact. what he's trying to say is that ladies should also show some initiative, bring something to the table too

3 Likes

Re: Financially Dependent Ladies Who Talk About Marriage Lack Vision by safarigirl(f): 2:12pm On Dec 24, 2016
Rapmoney:
When I see some young financially dependent ladies talking and planning excitedly to tie the knot with a man as fast as possible, I can't help but wonder if they are actually planning for the actual 'married life' or just the wedding day

Financial independence in marriage, as it is required for men, is also required for women; just that the proportion of its importance could vary for both genders. It beats my imagination to know that most of us who claim to 'study' the Bible have failed to realize the fact that women are meant to be helpers in all ramifications as regards marriage and not some idle hands who enter marriage financially unprepared. I am not saying women should compete financially with men in marriage; what I am saying in essence is that women should also exhibit some level of financial independence or capacity in order to achieve a financially stable family setting in marriage! It is one very reason why I have always encourage our Nigerian mothers to teach their daughters home-made entrepreneurial skills right from the tender years. They should not be given that orientation that their main role in the life of a man is just to consume what has been brought in without any form of contribution. The era of 'OBIAGELI' (coming to eat) is fast fading away; in fact, it is quickly losing its ground. This could catapault them to be more productive than the typical young Nigerian ladies that sit and hope for financial freedom as soon as they get married to a man. This makes marriage seem like an occupation rather than a legal union where the woman is expected to play the role of helper. I have said it severally that men respect women who go out to win the akara while they (the men) go out to win the bread. It is not good for a woman to just be the bread and akara eater altogether. The consequences of such situation mostly take the form of the children/family suffering when the man loses the capacity to 'win the bread' due to ill- health, turn of events, retrenchment, etc.

As a young lady, you should discover yourself and identify your vision/purpose occupational-wise before you delve into marriage, else you become a marital burden who cannot contribute meaningfully in building a family of your dream. Have you ever thought about what could happen if the man loses his livelihood? Can you carry on from where he stopped temporarily? Or will you allow your entire family to go out there to beg because you came into the picture with nothing and has refused to be productive?

The way the Nigerian economy stands today, it is even suppose to be a pre-condition that our young women are engaged in professions, trade, business or investments that make them financially independent before they think of marriage. This is not 1928!!! Things are changing...think about it!
Discover yourself first; don't expect a man to help you discover yourself and give you financial freedom! Marriage is not an escape route out of poverty! It is a legal union...play your role!

Financially dependent ladies who talk about marriage lack vision. This is my opinion.

Good morning everyone!

this your topic get as e be.

I have a lot to say on it based in real life happenings. The beauty about life is, most of these things we say online are error-filled, when you get to that point in life to test your theory, you'll realize that talk is cheap and fantasy is different from reality.

Me sef no dey do relationship advice again, you don marry? wetin you sabi?

8 Likes

Re: Financially Dependent Ladies Who Talk About Marriage Lack Vision by Nobody: 2:12pm On Dec 24, 2016
Is it wise for women to have visible assets like houses, etc
Re: Financially Dependent Ladies Who Talk About Marriage Lack Vision by Diplomaticbeing(m): 2:14pm On Dec 24, 2016
There's nothing wrong with a lady who's unavoidably financial dependent talking about marriage/going into marriage - so long as her partner is financially able. Inadequacy of money doesn't automatically make a lady (person) visionless or lazy.

In fact, if left with an option to choose between a greedy/covetous lady (who's buoyant and at the zenith of her career) and a visionless/lazy lady I would sure go for the latter.

So far so good, I like a lady who's ambitious but not greedy/covetous/lazy/visionless one. Perspective not immediate financial status is what defines one's exeptionality or lack of it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Financially Dependent Ladies Who Talk About Marriage Lack Vision by Laveda(f): 2:16pm On Dec 24, 2016
Goldenheart:

One of them spotted

tongue Broke fella spotted.
Re: Financially Dependent Ladies Who Talk About Marriage Lack Vision by dahmie2013: 2:19pm On Dec 24, 2016
Dis is d best thing I have read in 2016. Op, dis is SPOT ON!

1 Like

Re: Financially Dependent Ladies Who Talk About Marriage Lack Vision by Nobody: 2:20pm On Dec 24, 2016
Laveda:

tongue Broke fella spotted.
see yo ugly face, no go find work

9 Likes

Re: Financially Dependent Ladies Who Talk About Marriage Lack Vision by UIA04(f): 2:20pm On Dec 24, 2016
safarigirl:

this your topic get as e be.

I have a lot to say on it based in real life happenings. The beauty about life is, most of these things we say online are error-filled, when you get to that point in life to test your theory, you'll realize that talk is cheap and fantasy is different from reality.

Me sef no dey do relationship advice again, you don marry? wetin you sabi?

True
Re: Financially Dependent Ladies Who Talk About Marriage Lack Vision by delishpot: 2:20pm On Dec 24, 2016
TEVLI:
Tell them o!! My uncle who recently got married is broke, Makes me wonder if "He who has found a Good Wife" has really found a good thing?? Or just another Money-Siphoning Stuff

So you believe the wife made him broke and not the projects they are undertaking as a new family drained the money? Abeg, list the things your uncle bought for his wife that got him broke. Since he gives her his pay check every month end leaving him with nothing and she is just sitting there draining your uncles purse. Its people like you that would marry and have kids and refuse to take care of their needs because you wantbto maintain your bachelorhood fantasy of having all your money to yourself. News flash, raising a new family costs money, raising kids, costs money, living as a couple, costs money, a man can not be married and have all his money to himself.

2 Likes

Re: Financially Dependent Ladies Who Talk About Marriage Lack Vision by mediocre(m): 2:24pm On Dec 24, 2016
ikp120:

A woman should also be able to provide for HERSELF #Feminism
Fixed
Re: Financially Dependent Ladies Who Talk About Marriage Lack Vision by UIA04(f): 2:26pm On Dec 24, 2016
B4bestbrain:
Is it wise for women to have visible assets like houses, etc
Before marriage?
Re: Financially Dependent Ladies Who Talk About Marriage Lack Vision by Nobody: 2:27pm On Dec 24, 2016
solidman59:

Your last line is true but it already states the obvious. The op has already acknowledged that fact. what he's trying to say is that ladies should also show some initiative, bring something to the table too

I was listening to the radio some months ago . The author of the yellow sun ,that lady ,can't recall her name said something during this interview : Nigerian male children are brought up to believe that you are not a man if you can't spend money or have money to provide for a woman ...

Well , a lot of us if not all of us have this mindset . If you accept to bear all financial responsibility during dating ,your partner will feel that you should continue this responsibility solely for the rest of your life .

On a date some women will ask what's our budget can we splurge ? Some wetin concern them order away . Others will offer to pay part of the bill ....

If you do not talk about your financial ideologies before marriage ...it could create problems .

Anyway we men to are partly to blame to ... For this .

There's nothing wrong in being materialistic as far as you are willing to work and acquire these objects ...its when you sit down @ home and demand that your partner give you these things ,without wanting to at least play your part that issues will manifest ...

4 Likes

Re: Financially Dependent Ladies Who Talk About Marriage Lack Vision by InvertedHammer: 2:36pm On Dec 24, 2016
Laveda:

/

I can provide opportunities.

Does that count?

\
Re: Financially Dependent Ladies Who Talk About Marriage Lack Vision by no1madman(m): 2:38pm On Dec 24, 2016
Laveda:

And vice versa!
Re: Financially Dependent Ladies Who Talk About Marriage Lack Vision by Laveda(f): 2:39pm On Dec 24, 2016
InvertedHammer:

/

I can provide opportunities.

Does that count?

\

What kind of opportunities?
Re: Financially Dependent Ladies Who Talk About Marriage Lack Vision by HMZi: 2:39pm On Dec 24, 2016
Marriage like most good things in life comes with its own special thorns that brings on discomfort but its a wonderful institution.The financially independent ladies don't lack vision,the simply want to feel whole, and fulfill a desire....Its more or less a thing of desire rather than vision

Merry Christmas
Re: Financially Dependent Ladies Who Talk About Marriage Lack Vision by Debra911(f): 2:43pm On Dec 24, 2016
I really love this topic, let's be factual. From Adam, a man s meant to provide for the wife, cos it not easy; the wife carries his baby for 9months, go through rigorous task in giving birth to the child, trains this child to make sure, he/she doesn't go astray cos wat this child becomes in future will be traced to the family background, thesame wife must take care of husband, do the house chores... All these are enough reasons for the hubby to take care of the wife, that's why sometimes, Islam don't support their girls to go through western education, according to them, they are meant for the home , all these are logically true but today, 21st century, everything has changed, the economy is no more favourable, wat if the breadwinner(hubby) dies along the line? what if the breadwinner lose his job due to the economy meltdown? it'll be more difficult for the wife to raise her poor kids, because of these reasons, women are forced to take up the challenge of being a mother and also a breadwinner at the same time. women are called to be independent, to be strong cos they've got to take up two challenges I.e being a mother & at the same time to be financially independent, inorder to become a helpmate to her spouse in d 'rainy days. Any lady who s not ready to take up these challenge can not survive in the real world.

2 Likes

Re: Financially Dependent Ladies Who Talk About Marriage Lack Vision by no1madman(m): 2:44pm On Dec 24, 2016
These r d reasons y we always say African women dey more expensive to maintain than oyibo. . .
Re: Financially Dependent Ladies Who Talk About Marriage Lack Vision by Iceeydee: 2:45pm On Dec 24, 2016
Laveda:

This is not an issue. No guy goes into marriage when he's not ready to cater for his family.

Isn't that even the reason why most guys marry late? Why are you trying to raise a point that doesn't even exist?

Except of course the provision you're referring to is different from the normal basic needs a man is responsible for. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Financially Dependent Ladies Who Talk About Marriage Lack Vision by no1madman(m): 2:48pm On Dec 24, 2016
Debra911:
I really love this topic, let's be factual. From Adam, a man s meant to provide for the wife, cos it not easy; the wife carries his baby for 9months, go through rigorous task in giving birth to the child, trains this child to make sure, he/she doesn't go astray cos wat this child becomes in future will be traced to the family background, thesame wife must take care of husband, do the house chores... All these are enough reasons for the hubby to take care of the wife, that's why sometimes, Islam don't support their girls to go through western education, according to them, they are meant for the home , all these are logically true but today, 21st century, everything has changed, the economy is no more favourable, wat if the breadwinner(hubby) dies along the line? what if the breadwinner lose his job due to the economy meltdown? it'll be more difficult for the wife to raise her poor kids, because of these reasons, women are forced to take up the challenge of being a mother and also a breadwinner at the same time. women are called to be independent, to be strong cos they've got to take up two challenges I.e being a mother & at the same time to be financially independent, inorder to become a helpmate to her spouse in d 'rainy days. Any lady who s not ready to take up these challenge can not survive in the real world.
On point!
Re: Financially Dependent Ladies Who Talk About Marriage Lack Vision by Iceeydee: 2:50pm On Dec 24, 2016
Raine80:
For some women getting married is actually viewed as career objective .......that's as far as their ambitions goes!
So true, So sad.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerians Launch First Ever Full Blown Porn Company “freethinkers Production / Photos Man Squizes Girls Breast In Public And Uploads It On Facebook / NGOs Distribute Free Condoms In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.