Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,747 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? (58871 Views)

4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist / Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder / My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Orikinla1: 5:28pm On Dec 26, 2016
Seun:
On facebook, in reply to his Christmas and Hanukkah greeting, someone asked Mark Zuckerberg, "but aren't you atheist?" He replied, "No. I was raised Jewish and then I went through a period where I questioned things, but now I believe religion is very important."

[url=https://www.facebook.com/zuck/posts/10103363940448171?comment_id=10103363945378291&reply_comment_id=1852873111664385&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R9%22%7D]https://www.facebook.com/zuck/posts/10103363940448171[/url]

This is unfortunate. If not for the explicit "no", I would have said that he was dodging the question, but he said it. He threw atheism under the bus. He has made it very clear to everybody that he doesn't identify as an atheist and doesn't want to be considered as an atheist. Bless him. This doesn't mean he's not an atheist, of course; an atheist is simply someone who doesn't hold a belief in the existence of any God.

I don't believe for one second that Mark believes in the existence of the Jewish God. The one who forbade Jews from eating pork instead of teaching them how to cook it properly. Who created foreskins to protect the sensitive tips of male organs, but then ordered the Jews to cut them off their newborn babies. Who permitted Jews to enslave foreigners and treat them as property, even though he created all people. Who made women menstruate but then declared that a menstruating woman is unclean, and anyone who touches her - even her husband - is also unclean. Who banished children of single parents and their descendants from entering his temple for 400 years (the 10th generation).

I don't believe that Mark believes in that God. And since he hasn't talked about any other God, I continue to believe that he is an atheist. He may choose to call himself an agnostic, a cultural Jew, or whatever helps Facebook and his family, but that doesn't mean he's not an atheist.

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by felixomor: 5:29pm On Dec 26, 2016
Lennycool:

And when it does I will accept it no matter what.

Of course, acceptance is the last stage....
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by 4evergod3: 5:30pm On Dec 26, 2016
JhyMedex:

Seriously... U, talking abt excuses n delusions...
Wen ur whole belief system is sitted on dis two?..
Deluding urselves abt getting burned or singing nonstop after life n Finding excuses for y a prophet will order bears to maul children to death...

C'mon say sth else.. If u tryna feel intelligent...

And you think you just made sense right? kikikikikikikiki

Come and smoke weed for eternity na
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Smellymouth: 5:30pm On Dec 26, 2016
4evergod3:

QUESTION: ARE YOU AN ATHEIST

MZ: NO

What part of No is a mystery to you? Is it that it was spoken in English?

NO means NO or does NO sound like MAYBE or PERHAPS or HOPEFULLY or I DON'T KNOW to you? He said NO NO NO.

See you trying to grow a second brain in an attempt to analyze his NO. Are you his PRO?

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Forwetinnah: 5:31pm On Dec 26, 2016
Now it is okay for people to want to celebrate Christmas because Donald Trump said so, wasn't like this in the past. I'm even more surprised that CNN which use to be a "Happy Holidays" news network is all about celebrating Christmas this year..wow!! The power of the White House. Meanwhile some loosers are falling over themselves to make sure people around them don't celebrate Christmas by instilling fear of death or imprisonment. How shallow can a set of religious nincompoops be? Imprisoning people who are celebrating the birth of their religion, no wonder their worship places in some countries have been invaded/demolished. They flip and get ticked over the slightest of things..very intolerant eeeedioots

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Dec 26, 2016
4evergod3:

QUESTION: ARE YOU AN ATHEIST

MZ: NO

What part of No is a mystery to you? Is it that it was spoken in English?

NO means NO or does NO sound like MAYBE or PERHAPS or HOPEFULLY or I DON'T KNOW to you? He said NO NO NO.

See you trying to grow a second brain in an attempt to analyze his NO. Are you his PRO?
Guy just imagine if a well known atheist like seun was asked if he were an atheist and he said "NO"
It would be pretty surprising now wouldn't it.
That's why I said we should let mark zuckerberg reveal more before we start jumping around.
If he's no longer an atheist. Its fine
But how would you feel after all this you gyrations and he reveals he still is?
Give the truth time

2 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Dec 26, 2016
felixomor:

Of course, acceptance is the last stage....
grin
It won't be hard to accept.
Truth is truth
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by 4evergod3: 5:34pm On Dec 26, 2016
Lennycool:

Guy just imagine if a well known atheist like seun was asked if he were an atheist and he said "NO"
It would be pretty surprising now wouldn't it.
That's why I said we should let mark zuckerberg reveal more before we start jumping around.
If he's no longer an atheist. Its fine
But how would you feel after all this you gyrations and he reveals he still is?
Give the truth time

Mark Zuckerberg was never an atheist to start with. He was a Religious skeptic and that does not translate to atheism. IF I ASK YOU HEY LENNYCOOL DO YOU SMOKE WEED AND YOU ANSWER ...NO what does that mean?

If you say NO but i smoke cigarette how does that negate the fact that you just answered NO to smoking weed? Is weed Cigarette?
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by JhyMedex: 5:35pm On Dec 26, 2016
4evergod3:

And you think you just made sense right? kikikikikikikiki

Come and smoke weed for eternity na
Ur comments clearly indicate u nt a very intelligent fella...
Merry Xmas

BTW pass that weed....
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by eyinjuege: 5:36pm On Dec 26, 2016
Mujaheeeden:
Mark said he is no atheist and some people are telling us that he is wrong because he didn't explain it very well.

Seun, my mum said she is not on Nairaland so do you have to bring in any logic through tha back door to make him one because she views naij.com page?

Seun, kindly let Mark be and respect his wish just like We respected yours.

Thank you

Some even say he's lying to save face.
Must anyone's religion or even the lack of it affect atheists or non atheists?
If Mark says he's not an atheist, is it by force?
I guess it was because of Mark some people became atheists. That means it wasn't really from pure conviction but more from hero worship.
Na to port go Judaism be that for some people o.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Dec 26, 2016
Smellymouth:
Person say he nor be atheist, seun wan force am.

Kolewerk.

If you like ban me na you sabi..
The thing just tire me o
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Deicide: 5:38pm On Dec 26, 2016
4evergod3:

See him typing before thinking as well. "MOST" of which pastors are atheists? The truth is that 90% of atheists are believers in God but just wish to deny his existence in order to further their lousy lifestyles.

Oh such glorious heartache Mark gave you guys. Now na laugh and cry una dey do.
Is mark not Going to Hell?
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by felixomor: 5:38pm On Dec 26, 2016
Deicide:

Na u dey carry am go?
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Forwetinnah: 5:40pm On Dec 26, 2016
ireneony:
I hope one Day seun will finally realised that there is God. I think he is going through same phase like Mark zuckerberg.

I can see you've got too much time on your hands to be hoping 'Seun realises' there is God. A lost soul remains a lost soul, you never know what some people do to get to where they are..think about yourself dearie and leave Seun to his fate

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by 4evergod3: 5:40pm On Dec 26, 2016
JhyMedex:

Ur comments clearly indicate u nt a very intelligent fella...
Merry Xmas

I am light years ahead of you per intelligence but have to resort to goo goo gaa gaa baby language for your sake. You lot are not worth a jot of energy from me. I am here to catch my fun....

Why are you crying?

3 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Dec 26, 2016
4evergod3:

Mark Zuckerberg was never an atheist to start with. He was a Religious skeptic and that does not translate to atheism. IF I ASK YOU HEY LENNYCOOL DO YOU SMOKE WEED AND YOU ANSWER ...NO what does that mean?

If you say NO but i smoke cigarette how does that negate the fact that you just answered NO to smoking weed? Is weed Cigarette?
You can search google.
Mark Zuckerberg is a very outspoken atheist.
And he's been so for a very long time.
So let's wait and see.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by 4evergod3: 5:41pm On Dec 26, 2016
Deicide:

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Deicide: 5:42pm On Dec 26, 2016
4evergod3:

Mark was an Atheist it was even on his Facebook profile and even on the wall street....that was the reference Wikipedia used to conclude that Mark was Atheist...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_atheists_(miscellaneous)

2 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Forwetinnah: 5:42pm On Dec 26, 2016
Smellymouth:
Person say he nor be atheist, seun wan force am.

Kolewerk.

If you like ban me na you sabi..

Him been think say him get partner in crime. ..it just dawn on him that Zucker Zucker has retraced and retracted grin

Everyone seems to be going the God way these days because we have a God fearing President Elect about to get into the White house..he's not perfect but atleast he fears God

3 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Richie0974: 5:43pm On Dec 26, 2016
kodded:

Kingebukasblog here comes the denial grin grin grin

When y'all thought Mark was an Atheist and he said he's not, is that denial? It's simply stating someone's belief.
I'm not an Atheist, I'm a Christian, I just don't believe in the normal way most people go about Christianity.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Deicide: 5:43pm On Dec 26, 2016
felixomor:

Na u dey carry am go?
Does he believe in your jesus myth?
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by soulhighman(m): 5:43pm On Dec 26, 2016
Otem2016:
Life is interesting when you are watching it in 3D. I bless nature I'm partaking in the comedy of life as a human being. Now Christianity seem more of what you profess and not what you are. I am still a true Christian to some people because I sing Christian songs and mention God, but they didn't try to find out the God I mention. Well... to very few of them, I declare to them myself that OUR GOD IS THE FATHER OF YAHWEH, ALLAH AND ALL OTHER little little gods who are causing religious panic here and there.

No peace surpasses discovering GOD ALMIGHTY IN YOU, SEPARATE FROM THE BOUNDS OF RELIGION. cool

As for the person behind Mark Zuckerberg's facebook username, the question posed to him was sudden and confrontational, so he had to type something fast at that moment. Well... Zuckerberg doesn't need to be an atheist. He could be a theist, as long as he perceives God in the day to day affair of the universe. And perceiving GOD by humans has always being from time immemorial. BUT ASCRIBING THE ATTRIBUTES OF GOD ALMIGHTY TO DEVILS(YAHWEH AND ALLAH) IS THE DANGEROUS THING HERE.
Your ignorance made you to call Allah a devil. But you don't know that even in Arabic Bibles being read by Arab Christians, Allah is the name for God.

Go and obtain some knowledge man, before coming here to spew trash. Before you know it, you will abuse your mother without realising it.

2 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by seunH: 5:44pm On Dec 26, 2016
Sorry guys but let me quickly add; Fore skin was designed to protect the sensitive glans penis from dangerous chemicals and enzymes utero (In the womb). During neonatal life (After birth), this function is not really required anymore, moreover it (fore skin) will be a harbour ground for dirts, germs etc hence necessitates it removal after birth (even WHO recommends it). So if that is part of anybody's reason for being an atheist I suggest he/she looks for a better reason......!!!

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Richie0974: 5:44pm On Dec 26, 2016
4evergod3:

Lmao there should be a new book written right about now called THE ATHEIST ZIG ZAGGING. See them giving excuses for Mark Zucky like they are his PRO when the man answered his own questions by himself. They are all trying to analyze a two letter word "NO". How can one analyze NO again pls.

what kind of delussion is this?

I'm not an Atheist, I'm tired of saying this.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by notjonbellion(m): 5:46pm On Dec 26, 2016
I wonder why this is a big deal
Nigerian Recession is really making room for stupidity undecided
Any athiest that is an atheist because mark zuckerberg became one is simply commiting appeal to authority logical fallacy undecidedwhich ironically most Christians are guilty of when they talk about 15th century scientists that believed in god so god must exist and they are still doing now
"mark zuckerberg isn't an atheist so atheism is illogical"
Christians: Shooting themselves in the foot since the beginning of time smiley

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by 4evergod3: 5:47pm On Dec 26, 2016
Deicide:

Mark was an Atheist it was even on his Facebook profile and even on the wall street....that was the reference Wikipedia used to conclude that Mark was Atheist...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/oList_of_atheists_(miscellaneous)

Marko Zucky has dumped your sorry ass. Atheism is for retards. He clearly does not want to be seen or known as one.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Deicide: 5:49pm On Dec 26, 2016
4evergod3:

Marko Zucky has dumped your sorry ass. Atheism is for retards. He clearly does not want to be seen or known as one.

He also didn't refer to himself as A Christian so What is your point Does all religion equate Christianity?
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Smellymouth: 5:50pm On Dec 26, 2016
PabloOmoEscobar:
The thing just tire me o

Baba, the thing dey funny.. cheesy grin cheesy

Maybe English language don change..
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by felixomor: 5:50pm On Dec 26, 2016
Deicide:

He is not an atheist
And he loves what I do.

Fill in the dash.
Dont be pained.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by 4evergod3: 5:50pm On Dec 26, 2016
Deicide:

This is you right now

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Deicide: 5:50pm On Dec 26, 2016
notjonbellion:
I wonder why this is a big deal
Nigerian Recession is really making room for stupidity undecided
Any athiest that is an atheist because mark zuckerberg became one is simply commiting appeal to authority logical fallacy undecidedwhich ironically most Christians are guilty of when they talk about 15th century scientists that believed in god so god must exist and they are still doing now
"mark zuckerberg isn't an atheist so atheism is illogical"
Christians: Shooting themselves in the foot since the beginning of time smiley
grin m sure Seun is kinda guilty of this....
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Deicide: 5:53pm On Dec 26, 2016
4evergod3:

This is you right now

Mark has noting to do with me I don't even like him as a programmer to begin with...
felixomor:

He is not an atheist
And he loves what I do.

Fill in the dash.
Dont be pained.
Pained for what?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Goliath Skull Was Discovered in Holy Land! / First Customized Church In Built In Benue State (Photos) / "Apostle Suleman Likes Sex Too Much & Once Gave Me Proceeds Of Crusades"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.