Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,707 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? (58870 Views)

4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist / Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder / My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by prof800(m): 4:11pm On Dec 26, 2016
So because he is an atheist he cannot be wishing people 'Merry Christmas' or 'Happy Hanuka' again?

Is it a "sin" in Atheism to greet people, compliments of whatever season their tradition or religion permits?

I AM NOT UNDERSTANDING!!! sad sad sad sad

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by notjonbellion(m): 4:13pm On Dec 26, 2016
Why is this a big deal
Is this like a life changing event
The thing going on with mark in the news is Avril lavringe critisising him for poking fun at Canadian rock band nickleback in his JARVIS AI video
Why should anyone care
Did anybody become an athiests because of mark
And at the same time he considers religion important
Even though he's not an atheist there are a lot of athiests that show regard for religion too
Jodie foster is a good example
Smh

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by missjo(f): 4:13pm On Dec 26, 2016
Seun:
On facebook, in reply to his Christmas and Hanukkah greeting, someone asked Mark Zuckerberg, but aren't you atheist?" He replied, "No. I was raised Jewish and then I went through a period where I questioned things, but now I believe religion is very important."

[url=https://www.facebook.com/zuck/posts/10103363940448171?comment_id=10103363945378291&reply_comment_id=1852873111664385&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R9%22%7D]https://www.facebook.com/zuck/posts/10103363940448171[/url]

This is unfortunate. If not for the explicit "no", I would have said that he was dodging the question, but he said it. He threw atheism under the bus. He has made it very clear to everybody that he doesn't identify as an atheist and doesn't want to be considered as an atheist. Bless him. This doesn't mean he's not an atheist, of course; an atheist is simply someone who doesn't hold a belief in the existence of any God.

I don't believe for one second that Mark believes in the existence of the Jewish God. The one who forbade Jews from eating pork instead of teaching them how to cook it properly. Who created foreskins to protect the sensitive tips of male organs, but then ordered the Jews to cut them off their newborn babies. Who permitted Jews to enslave foreigners and treat them as property, even though he created all people. Who made women menstruate but then declared that a menstruating woman is unclean, and anyone who touches her - even her husband - is also unclean. Who banished children of single parents and their descendants from entering his temple for 400 years (the 10th generation).

I don't believe that Mark believes in that God. And since he hasn't talked about any other God, I continue to believe that he is an atheist. He may choose to call himself an agnostic, a cultural Jew, or whatever helps Facebook and his family, but that doesn't mean he's not an atheist.
There's a term used to describe situations like yours where a person refuses to accept a new thought that contradicts what he/she believes even without proof, it is called Cognitive Dissonance and this is what you seem to be suffering from going by those sentences.

The man has said he is NOT an atheist, yet here you are insisting on it. Do you know him personally? undecided

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by missjo(f): 4:16pm On Dec 26, 2016
4kings:

What phase are you guys always talking about.
Mark started questioning religion at the age of 13.

Do you know how old Seun is.
Or do you have an experience of this "phase", I would like to know.
What has age got to do with when someone starts questioning everything? It can happen at anytime.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by epistleNow(m): 4:16pm On Dec 26, 2016
@Seun,

How important is Mark Zuckerberg in the Atheist sphere ?

2 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by dodoniyi: 4:17pm On Dec 26, 2016
Anyone that believes that God does not exist is a FOOL. My Bible tells me so. Seun is among them. Hope your name is not OLUWAseun. May be you are OGUNSEUN OR IFASEUN

6 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by MuyiRano(m): 4:18pm On Dec 26, 2016
Seun claimed to be an atheist but why he put OLUWAseun in his name still baffles me...

3 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by MizAijay(f): 4:20pm On Dec 26, 2016
The guy states clearly that he's not atheist and you become sad and start analysing what his God did and did not do.
Since you choose to be atheist please go ahead with your choice and stop questioning another man's choice.
I hope you understand it better by and by just like Mark did.

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by kodded(m): 4:20pm On Dec 26, 2016
sinaj:
who knows if Mark was his role model grin

The trailer really jam him
seun right now grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by sinaj(f): 4:22pm On Dec 26, 2016
kodded:
seun right now grin grin grin
lol grin
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by osuofia2(m): 4:26pm On Dec 26, 2016
who told you people seun is an atheist? if he is one why is he protecting Islam.....any time you want to comment on Islamic related topic, you will see a clause that you believe that MHD is the true prophet..seun is a Muslim

7 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by missjo(f): 4:28pm On Dec 26, 2016
Seun:

If you cut it, it will not grow back, but if you don't cut it, you can still cut it later. So it's better not to cut it. Why did God create it, in your view?
undecided undecided undecided

And you thought this made sense cheesy

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by thunder74(m): 4:29pm On Dec 26, 2016
There is a name bible calls anybody that does not believe in the existence of God. Who can remind me again?
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Edenoscar(m): 4:29pm On Dec 26, 2016
epistleNow:
@Seun,

How important is Mark Zuckerberg in the Atheist sphere ?
what is an atheist shpere or did you coin the term
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by ireneony(f): 4:31pm On Dec 26, 2016
Seun:

If you cut it, it will not grow back, but if you don't cut it, you can still cut it later. So it's better not to cut it. Why did God create it, in your view?
so why do doctors cut babies umblical cord then grin God created it

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by leye4u: 4:31pm On Dec 26, 2016
Seun,I can see that you think you have valid points....1)what force holds the spherical globe ( earth ) while rotating without falling off, (2) why has man not evolved into new beings maybe humans with wings atl east we have need for flying now than ever before,(3)have you ever seen the eye of a just a simple house-fly under a microscope ,you would see how highly detailed the " construction " was ,you believe all that was just a ' fluke'...even the construction of the human brain is another awesome marvel on its own ............there are several points/consideration that points to the fact that God exists, you might not know Him,there's nothing wrong about that but He's alive
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by cornel994(m): 4:32pm On Dec 26, 2016
If Suen no believe in God y is he makin it his business to make sure evrryone does? Baba eveyone nids sometin to believe in stop forcin atheism on others

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by kodded(m): 4:34pm On Dec 26, 2016
sinaj:
lol grin
I pray he won't commit suicide and then they blame it on mmm

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Richie0974: 4:34pm On Dec 26, 2016
siralos135:

Why should he? What percentage of facebook users care abt d religious orientation of mark.

To your question about the percentage of facebook users that care about religion, here is an excerpt from an article...

according to data compiled by the trade blog AllFacebook, six of the 20 most-engaged pages are religiously-affiliated, with the first and second slots going to The Bible and Jesus Daily pages. With over 31 percent of Facebook users in the U.S. listing a religion in their profile, it's become apparent that, when it comes to engagement, religion reigns supreme, beating out everything from pop star pages to thoseof pro sports teams.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2012/12/19/why-religious-facebook-pages-see-more-engagement-than-bieber-gaga-and-obama

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by epistleNow(m): 4:36pm On Dec 26, 2016
Edenoscar:

what is an atheist shpere or did you coin the term

Coined

It's Sphere, and am sure Seun will understand.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by missjo(f): 4:37pm On Dec 26, 2016
ireneony:
so why do doctors cut babies umblical cord then grin God created it
Very good question
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by kodded(m): 4:45pm On Dec 26, 2016
DeSepiero:
What if Mark lied?
Richie0974:
Mark would do anything to keep the facebook family from getting frenzied, that I think is the reason for his answer.
JhyMedex:

We won't expect Mark to explicitly say he's Atheist... His business might b at Risk...

Bt like u said.. He's most likely a closet-Atheist

Cc Kingebukasblog grin grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Johnbosco77(m): 4:46pm On Dec 26, 2016
Seun:
On facebook, in reply to his Christmas and Hanukkah greeting, someone asked Mark Zuckerberg, "but aren't you atheist?" He replied, "No. I was raised Jewish and then I went through a period where I questioned things, but now I believe religion is very important."

[url=https://www.facebook.com/zuck/posts/10103363940448171?comment_id=10103363945378291&reply_comment_id=1852873111664385&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R9%22%7D]https://www.facebook.com/zuck/posts/10103363940448171[/url]

This is unfortunate. If not for the explicit "no", I would have said that he was dodging the question, but he said it. He threw atheism under the bus. He has made it very clear to everybody that he doesn't identify as an atheist and doesn't want to be considered as an atheist. Bless him. This doesn't mean he's not an atheist, of course; an atheist is simply someone who doesn't hold a belief in the existence of any God.

I don't believe for one second that Mark believes in the existence of the Jewish God. The one who forbade Jews from eating pork instead of teaching them how to cook it properly. Who created foreskins to protect the sensitive tips of male organs, but then ordered the Jews to cut them off their newborn babies. Who permitted Jews to enslave foreigners and treat them as property, even though he created all people. Who made women menstruate but then declared that a menstruating woman is unclean, and anyone who touches her - even her husband - is also unclean. Who banished children of single parents and their descendants from entering his temple for 400 years (the 10th generation).

I don't believe that Mark believes in that God. And since he hasn't talked about any other God, I continue to believe that he is an atheist. He may choose to call himself an agnostic, a cultural Jew, or whatever helps Facebook and his family, but that doesn't mean he's not an atheist.
seun, are u an atheist??

merry Christmas....
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:49pm On Dec 26, 2016
kodded:

Their delusion have no bounds . cheesy

They are just pained that's all

4 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by 4evergod3: 4:50pm On Dec 26, 2016
Seun:
On facebook, in reply to his Christmas and Hanukkah greeting, someone asked Mark Zuckerberg, "but aren't you atheist?" He replied, "No. I was raised Jewish and then I went through a period where I questioned things, but now I believe religion is very important."

Seun Cry me an Ocean

Ntoor

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by AngelicBeing: 4:52pm On Dec 26, 2016
missjo:

There's a term used to describe situations like yours where a person refuses to accept a new thought that contradicts what he/she believes even without proof, it is called Cognitive Dissonance and this is what you seem to be suffering from going by those sentences.

The man has said he is NOT an atheist, yet here you are insisting on it. Do you know him personally? undecided
Seun will be arrested by God Almighty Himself, His parents named him Oluwaseun, he has the seal of God upon him, he cannot run away from his maker or else he will be flogged to fall in like like Apostle Paul tongue grin grin grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Richie0974: 4:54pm On Dec 26, 2016
kodded:

I'm not an Atheist, don't categorize me as such. angry
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by AfroSamurai: 4:55pm On Dec 26, 2016
I believe a man is allowed to choose which ever and whatever path he see fit. If he choose atheism, so be it, if he choose otherwise, so be it.

Trying to say a man is an atheist or not is trying to decide for that man. Which I believe, it's nonsense, since we can't influence anybody's actions.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by 4evergod3: 4:56pm On Dec 26, 2016
kodded:

DeSepiero:
What if Mark lied?
Richie0974:
Mark would do anything to keep the facebook family from getting frenzied, that I think is the reason for his answer.
JhyMedex:

We won't expect Mark to explicitly say he's Atheist... His business might b at Risk...

Bt like u said.. He's most likely a closet-Atheist

Lmao there should be a new book written right about now called THE ATHEIST ZIG ZAGGING. See them giving excuses for Mark Zucky like they are his PRO when the man answered his own questions by himself. They are all trying to analyze a two letter word "NO". How can one analyze NO again pls.

what kind of delussion is this?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by haibe(m): 4:59pm On Dec 26, 2016
Seun:

Someone categorically said he isnt an atheist and you are trying to make it look like he doesn't know what he is saying? angry what is wrong with you lately seun angry just take a look at all what you are writing na..

5 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by uvalued(m): 5:01pm On Dec 26, 2016
kodded:
nooooooooo more like this grin grin grin grin grin
lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Goliath Skull Was Discovered in Holy Land! / First Customized Church In Built In Benue State (Photos) / "Apostle Suleman Likes Sex Too Much & Once Gave Me Proceeds Of Crusades"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.