Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,794 members, 7,820,788 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? (58872 Views)

4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist / Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder / My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by NairaMaster1(m): 8:44pm On Dec 26, 2016
bstringz:
Ogbeni seun.... Keep your atheism to yourself. You are so pained that one of your supposed "Atheist idol" denied atheism with an emphatic NO..... Just look for one corner and cry, don't cry here for us. angry
Hahaha! Guy you don kpai Seun. They need brain check up.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by ireneony(f): 8:50pm On Dec 26, 2016
Seun:

Can't you just wash it when you bathe?
are you circumcised or not?
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Laenec: 8:52pm On Dec 26, 2016
Seun:
On facebook, in reply to his Christmas and Hanukkah greeting, someone asked Mark Zuckerberg, "but aren't you atheist?" He replied, "No. I was raised Jewish and then I went through a period where I questioned things, but now I believe religion is very important."

[url=https://www.facebook.com/zuck/posts/10103363940448171?comment_id=10103363945378291&reply_comment_id=1852873111664385&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R9%22%7D]https://www.facebook.com/zuck/posts/10103363940448171[/url]

This is unfortunate. If not for the explicit "no", I would have said that he was dodging the question, but he said it. He threw atheism under the bus. He has made it very clear to everybody that he doesn't identify as an atheist and doesn't want to be considered as an atheist. Bless him. This doesn't mean he's not an atheist, of course; an atheist is simply someone who doesn't hold a belief in the existence of any God.

I don't believe for one second that Mark believes in the existence of the Jewish God. The one who forbade Jews from eating pork instead of teaching them how to cook it properly. Who created foreskins to protect the sensitive tips of male organs, but then ordered the Jews to cut them off their newborn babies. Who permitted Jews to enslave foreigners and treat them as property, even though he created all people. Who made women menstruate but then declared that a menstruating woman is unclean, and anyone who touches her - even her husband - is also unclean. Who banished children of single parents and their descendants from entering his temple for 400 years (the 10th generation).

I don't believe that Mark believes in that God. And since he hasn't talked about any other God, I continue to believe that he is an atheist. He may choose to call himself an agnostic, a cultural Jew, or whatever helps Facebook and his family, but that doesn't mean he's not an atheist.

It's amazing you didn't consult health professionals before you posted this opinion. Please be informed, that God is the greatest scientist!
http://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/circumcision/basics/why-its-done/prc-20013585

Circumcision might have various health benefits, including:

Easier hygiene:
Circumcision makes it simpler to wash the penis. Washing beneath the foreskin of an uncircumcised penis is generally easy, however.

Decreased risk of urinary tract infections:
The overall risk of urinary tract infections in males is low, but these infections are more common in uncircumcised males. Severe infections early in life can lead to kidney problems later on.

Decreased risk of sexually transmitted infections:
Circumcised men might have a lower risk of certain sexually transmitted infections, including HIV. Still, safe sexual practices remain essential.

Prevention of penile problems.
Occasionally, the foreskin on an uncircumcised penis can be difficult or impossible to retract (phimosis). This can lead to inflammation of the foreskin or head of the penis.

Decreased risk of penile cancer:
Although cancer of the penis is rare, it's less common in circumcised men. In addition, cervical cancer is less common in the female sexual partners of circumcised men.

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by bstringz(m): 8:56pm On Dec 26, 2016
NairaMaster1:

Hahaha! Guy you don kpai Seun. They need brain check up.

Don't mind those retards who claim undue intelligence. If it was a pastor that was asked if he believes in a God and he said "NO"... If Christians try to "explain" it and insist that the pastor is still a Christian even with a fat NO staring at their faces... . You'd see all the atheists shouting Delusion! Delusion!! Delusion!!!... As if Delusion is their father's name... Rubbish angry

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Bishops10(m): 9:00pm On Dec 26, 2016
Seun take it or not Mark is not an Atheist grin
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by HardMirror(m): 9:10pm On Dec 26, 2016
GoodMuyis:

Seun as spent much time and money propagating that religion should be abolished, Now his mentor believe religion is very important and this is what we have spent several months teaching the dude but he thinks he is more intelligent more than us.

Now He further embarrassed himself to say an atheist is simply someone who doesn't hold a belief in the existence of any God. If he being an atheist doesn't hold a belief in the existence of any God why throw questions of bitterness to ascertain God existence.

If he seun can do as he wished on Nairaland, What stop God to do the same on HIS creation?
Yes I stand with mark on this one. He is right

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Seun(m): 9:17pm On Dec 26, 2016
HardMirror:

What is Mark right about? Can you be more explicit about it?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Ubenedictus(m): 9:18pm On Dec 26, 2016
is Atheism by force? This is a childish rant, let mark decide for himself how he wishes to be seen.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Seun(m): 9:20pm On Dec 26, 2016
Ubenedictus:
is Atheism by force? This is a childish rant, let mark decide for himself how he wishes to be seen.
And we have the right to decide whether we believe him or not, right?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by elfaez(m): 9:20pm On Dec 26, 2016
Seun:
On facebook, in reply to his Christmas and Hanukkah greeting, someone asked Mark Zuckerberg, "but aren't you atheist?" He replied, "No. I was raised Jewish and then I went through a period where I questioned things, but now I believe religion is very important."

[url=https://www.facebook.com/zuck/posts/10103363940448171?comment_id=10103363945378291&reply_comment_id=1852873111664385&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R9%22%7D]https://www.facebook.com/zuck/posts/10103363940448171[/url]

This is unfortunate. If not for the explicit "no", I would have said that he was dodging the question, but he said it. He threw atheism under the bus. He has made it very clear to everybody that he doesn't identify as an atheist and doesn't want to be considered as an atheist. Bless him. This doesn't mean he's not an atheist, of course; an atheist is simply someone who doesn't hold a belief in the existence of any God.

I don't believe for one second that Mark believes in the existence of the Jewish God. The one who forbade Jews from eating pork instead of teaching them how to cook it properly. Who created foreskins to protect the sensitive tips of male organs, but then ordered the Jews to cut them off their newborn babies. Who permitted Jews to enslave foreigners and treat them as property, even though he created all people. Who made women menstruate but then declared that a menstruating woman is unclean, and anyone who touches her - even her husband - is also unclean. Who banished children of single parents and their descendants from entering his temple for 400 years (the 10th generation).

I don't believe that Mark believes in that God. And since he hasn't talked about any other God, I continue to believe that he is an atheist. He may choose to call himself an agnostic, a cultural Jew, or whatever helps Facebook and his family, but that doesn't mean he's not an atheist.

The lamentations of Seun Osewa.... Looool

Why are you so worked up about the God he believes in? Your post would have been perfect with a crying emoji :-D

And by the way, I'm not sorry to inform you, you're wrong. If he (as he apparently does) holds his religious convictions in the Jewish Faith he was raised in, the God he believes in is the same you're moaning about. Loool

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Mimzyy(f): 9:23pm On Dec 26, 2016
Seun, the bitter pill you're gonna find very hard to swallow is that God exists! He reigns whether you accept it or not. You are a living testimony of God's existence. Happy new year in advance. God loves you still and I pray that you find him soon. Amen.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by HardMirror(m): 9:25pm On Dec 26, 2016
Seun:
What is Mark right about? Can you be more explicit about it?
Religion is very useful. There is a lot of wisdom in promoting religion. Some things are best left unsaid.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by HardMirror(m): 9:27pm On Dec 26, 2016
Mimzyy:
Seun, the bitter pill you're gonna find very hard to swallow is that God exists! He reigns whether you accept it or not. You are a living testimony of God's existence. Happy new year in advance. God loves you still and I pray that you find him soon. Amen.
Oh pls. Spare us the sermon. You know it, you don't know god, no one does, it's all a charade of make believe and delusion. But religion has it's uses and I won't argue that.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by bstringz(m): 9:30pm On Dec 26, 2016
Seun:

Yes, but you don't have the right to force someone who has Clearly denied atheism to still being an Atheist.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by elfaez(m): 9:33pm On Dec 26, 2016
JhyMedex:

We won't expect Mark to explicitly say he's Atheist... His business might b at Risk...

Bt like u said.. He's most likely a closet-Atheist

Keep embarrassing yourself trying to find a way to keep yourself believing you have a comrade in Zuckerberg. Why do you think he will be ashamed of atheism at this point, after all these years of success when he was taken to be an atheist? He doesn't have anything to lose by declaring himself an atheist. Stop waddling in the mud, stop fighting it. Just go to bed and sleep, then wake up and wonder where you're headed :-D

5 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by GoodMuyis(m): 9:35pm On Dec 26, 2016
HardMirror:

Seun misconception on religion was caused by Orthodix Christian who mixed Tradition and Traditional taboo into their belief, Also Pentecostals were sometimes too fanatics sometime so the link to supernatural is sometimes missed such that on observer and learners are left to wonder which to believed.

Supernatural Experiences are real and their are bigger dimension that are deep than what we can feel, they Just happen and we feel noting yet some gangantuan event just occured, This point God who control some unexplainable.

Just like a barbarian who saw a remote control and he randomly press its button, and each time he presses a big blast occurred, unaware to him he is detonating bombs and he had never know what bombs is but its still cool to him and he continue to press and blast. Such a person cannot deny that he has never experience a big blast, yet he cant explained what bomb is or does
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by elfaez(m): 9:37pm On Dec 26, 2016
HardMirror:

Oh pls. Spare us the sermon. You know it, you don't know god, no one does, it's all a charade of make believe and delusion. But religion has it's uses and I won't argue that.
This comment reeks of insecurity. Sorry mate, but you're just the one who doesn't know God.

2 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Mimzyy(f): 9:37pm On Dec 26, 2016
HardMirror:

Oh pls. Spare us the sermon. You know it, you don't know god God, no one does, it's all a charade of make believe and delusion. But religion has it's uses and I won't argue that.

"It's better to live as if there is God and die knowing there isn't than to live your life as if there is no God and die to find out He truly lives."

5 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by HardMirror(m): 9:38pm On Dec 26, 2016
elfaez:

This comment reeks of insecurity. Sorry mate, but you're just the one who doesn't know God.
Simple question. Do u know God?
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Dec 26, 2016
Proudlyngwa:
The problem with religious people and by extension Atheism is you people have no idea about the spiritual world.
You keep on making the mistake of equating time and space with physicality and spirituality, you judge the Christian God with the mind set of the Jewish times.

The 'jewish' God is the same as the 'Christian' God.

btw, I am a Christian. just correcting you.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by HardMirror(m): 9:40pm On Dec 26, 2016
Mimzyy:

"It's better to live as if there is God and die knowing there isn't than to live your life as if there is no God and die to find out He truly lives."
Sounds like a plan for confused people. Believe me if their is a God that wants us to know him, we wld all know him, she or it
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by chrmn1: 9:43pm On Dec 26, 2016
Seun:
Mark says he's no atheist but you choose to believe he is? Tell you what...that's the definition of delusion

2 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Mimzyy(f): 9:47pm On Dec 26, 2016
HardMirror:

Sounds like a plan for confused people. Believe me if their is a God that wants us to know him, we wld all know him, she or it

Atheists are the confused beings here. Tell me, do you believe in extraterrestrial powers?

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by HardMirror(m): 9:50pm On Dec 26, 2016
Mimzyy:

Atheists are the confused beings here. Tell me, do you believe in extraterrestrial powers?
What do u mean extraterrestrial powers?
The sun is an extraterrestrial power I believe in

I don't believe in mumbo jumbo.

Again I ask, do you know God?
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Dec 26, 2016
Since Mark Zuckerberg was an outspoken athiest, I find this statement from him far-fetched. I believe the remark is a well-constructed lie. I am a theist though.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by uvalued(m): 9:56pm On Dec 26, 2016
Lennycool:

A simple no won't do.
He's been too long a public atheist for him to just say no. And that's that.
That's why I chose to see what more time will present to us.
Whether he be an atheist or not.
Life goes on
aight we will...but the important thing is that "religion" is not unimportant as so many athiest have been saying upanddan
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by elfaez(m): 9:59pm On Dec 26, 2016
Guys, what exactly is this thread about, mourning for the lost soul of Mark Zuckerberg or something? It appears the faith of these atheists around here is connected somehow to Zuckerberg's, and his denial of that faith is throwing them off hill headfirst. The desperation to continue to see an unbeliever in Mark Zuckerberg is monumental! What is so difficult to understand when he spoke in such clear, conversational language? He didn't make a speech or create a lengthy post, he simply said it in an honest conversation, not a business meeting, so he wasn't in any duress of any sort! Just accept a simple fact... NO means NO and not maybe! Haba!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by uvalued(m): 9:59pm On Dec 26, 2016
Mimzyy:

i concur
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Mimzyy(f): 10:04pm On Dec 26, 2016
HardMirror:

What do u mean extraterrestrial powers?
The sun is an extraterrestrial power I believe in

I don't believe in mumbo jumbo.

Again I ask, do you know God?

I'd have engaged you as regards extraterrestrial powers but not tonight, tired af.

I have not seen God physically but I feel his aura all around me. If that counts, Yes I know God.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by mcdon1986: 10:05pm On Dec 26, 2016
Seun:

psalms 53. "fool has said in his heart there is no God" #MyTaskForScience/Technology atheist! create another earth to replace This dying one we are destroying!!

Clearly, your statement has only revealed your resent towards the personality of God rather than disbelief in existence of God, i have observed and read most of your comments towards Christianity and what i see is more of hate speech rather than a disbelief, my question is, how can you hate a Personality who you don't believe his existence?
I would have given you answers to the issue you raised against God, because clearly, your statement is liken to those who are ignorant of the scriptures, to whom Apostle Paul has said, "the letters(of the Bible) killeth" in trying to reason the Bible with limited knowledge of what the scriptures said, you've only succeeded in deriving death(blindness and ignorance) from it.
You should come out clean and state clearly whether you hate God or that you don't believe his existence, then we will know what to answer you. You are undoubtedly one of those who have been taught wrongly about God while growing, and decided to pour out resent at every given opportunity to express disappointment experienced in the time past.
However i still can't understand how a serious business minded person, will want to dabble into religion, reeling out hate speech towards a set of faithfuls, in a platform that, not only does it belong to him but also pride herself with a large population of this set as members, i see it as unprofessional of any business minded individual.
I only pity those who model and trust their lives to ideas of people they can't total vouch for.
Again if science atheist can create a new earth, i may then consider their views and opinions.

2 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by chrmn1: 10:07pm On Dec 26, 2016
Mimzyy:

No don't do this to yourself. He says that "those that come to Him believe that He exists and that He is a rewarder of them that DILIGENTLY seek Him." You really do not need to toe the guesswork path.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

Goliath Skull Was Discovered in Holy Land! / First Customized Church In Built In Benue State (Photos) / "Apostle Suleman Likes Sex Too Much & Once Gave Me Proceeds Of Crusades"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.