Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

When A Man Is Too Confident About His Looks - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When A Man Is Too Confident About His Looks (6586 Views)

Why Men Like Confident Women. / Are Nairaland Guys Too confident of their looks? / Why Are Guys Too Confident, And Girls Lack Confidence? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When A Man Is Too Confident About His Looks by Nobody: 4:56pm On Nov 20, 2009
A woman who constantly references how hot she looks of how many men are after her for her looks is a huge turn-off. You really cant trust them to be faithful.
Re: When A Man Is Too Confident About His Looks by Nobody: 4:57pm On Nov 20, 2009
You forget say we broke up because you were always talking about how girls like to rub your head? tongue
Re: When A Man Is Too Confident About His Looks by Nobody: 4:58pm On Nov 20, 2009
michelin89:

You forget say we broke up because you were always talking about how girls like to rub your head? tongue

Did we? grin They still do . . . its a habit.
Re: When A Man Is Too Confident About His Looks by brutal(m): 5:00pm On Nov 20, 2009
It's good 2 be confident. . .i thought women like confident men.
Re: When A Man Is Too Confident About His Looks by Nobody: 5:02pm On Nov 20, 2009
Confidence is always a good thing. Both in Men and Women. But when they brag about it . . check well, they are not always as hot as they think they are! wink
Re: When A Man Is Too Confident About His Looks by brutal(m): 5:12pm On Nov 20, 2009
Ujujoan:

Confidence is always a good thing. Both in Men and Women. But when they brag about it . . check well, they are not always as hot as they think they are! wink
Hot or not. . .as long as a man is attractive enough 2 bring girls 2 d yard.
in anycase,arrogance no good sha. . ."pride goes b4 a fall."
Re: When A Man Is Too Confident About His Looks by Nobody: 5:20pm On Nov 20, 2009
I will tell you guys a story, there is this guy who I used to work with, child this boy always talked about how goodlooking he is and how his mom's friends used to talk about his looks, I looked at this guy's face and lawd he did have a face only a mother would love and if a mother says her son is goodlooking, her friends have to agree if not, thats the end of the friendship. So till this day that poor child is still bragging about how goodlooking he is grin grin,
Re: When A Man Is Too Confident About His Looks by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 20, 2009
Ahahahahahaha. Monkey nor fine but e mama like am.
Re: When A Man Is Too Confident About His Looks by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 20, 2009
Hey, he's better than a man that always want his woman to assure him that he's fine.
Re: When A Man Is Too Confident About His Looks by Nobody: 5:22pm On Nov 20, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

I will tell you guys a story, there is this guy who I used to work with, child this boy always talked about how goodlooking he is and how his mom's friends used to talk about his looks, I looked at this guy's face and lawd he did have a face only a mother would love and if a mother says her son is goodlooking, her friends have to agree if not, thats the end of the friendship. So till this day that poor child is still bragging about how goodlooking he is grin grin,

ROTFLMAO  grin  grin

Talk about 'confidence' . . . .   cheesy
Re: When A Man Is Too Confident About His Looks by Nobody: 5:23pm On Nov 20, 2009
Quite embarrassing when you brag infront of strangers though embarassed embarassed
Re: When A Man Is Too Confident About His Looks by Nobody: 5:23pm On Nov 20, 2009
Ujujoan:

ROTFLMAO  grin  grin

Talk about 'confidence' . . . .   cheesy
My dear I cringed for the guy everytime he talked about his looks embarassed embarassed Dont get me wrong, its nice for a mom to boost a childs ego but in this case it went overboard grin.
Re: When A Man Is Too Confident About His Looks by boy1(m): 6:13pm On Nov 20, 2009
cry
Re: When A Man Is Too Confident About His Looks by boy1(m): 6:36pm On Nov 20, 2009
ha ha ha ha ha !
confidence does not mean arrogance. . .it's all about self-esteem.(in this context)
As far as i'm concerned,confidence is extremely attractive in a man. . .ha ha ha!
Re: When A Man Is Too Confident About His Looks by iice(f): 6:53pm On Nov 20, 2009
Continue to be attracted grin
Re: When A Man Is Too Confident About His Looks by BSD: 6:54pm On Nov 20, 2009
There is nothing wrong with being confident. That should not be confused with arrogance.
Re: When A Man Is Too Confident About His Looks by jennigirl(f): 6:55pm On Nov 20, 2009
iice, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin :
Re: When A Man Is Too Confident About His Looks by newakata(f): 6:58pm On Nov 20, 2009
Men and WOMEN should be confident about their looks. Good esteem is essential, People with Low ESTEEMare a DRAG!

But TOO MUCH confidence implies the person relies on their looks, and not merit or character to get them places in life.

On a Side Note: OFTEN TIMES, really good looking people have a hard time. People snub them- think they are arrogant automatically, don't approach them in the club or other social settings for fear of rejection, and don't compliment them because they assume the good looking person has heard it all before.

Everybody needs affirmation sometimes. No matter how they look. We all want it, and need it occassionally. Just don't base your own value on what someone else thinks, or doesn't think of you.
Re: When A Man Is Too Confident About His Looks by iice(f): 7:01pm On Nov 20, 2009
newakata:

But TOO MUCH confidence implies the person relies on their looks, and not merit or character to get them places in life.

I think they missed the Too Much Part in the title and assumed that some of us meant confidence = arrogance cheesy

The eggs hatch cheesy
Re: When A Man Is Too Confident About His Looks by boy1(m): 7:03pm On Nov 20, 2009
wink

On a Side Note: OFTEN TIMES, really good looking people have a hard time. People snub them- think they are arrogant automatically, don't approach them in the club or other social settings for fear of rejection, and don't compliment them because they assume the good looking person has heard it all before.

[quote][/quote]
wrong,wrong, wrong.
Re: When A Man Is Too Confident About His Looks by BSD: 7:20pm On Nov 20, 2009
Yes, I know that from experience. ^

wink

Confidence or arrogance?
Re: When A Man Is Too Confident About His Looks by boy1(m): 7:34pm On Nov 20, 2009
Bsd--i also know from experience that,if a woman is very pretty/beautiful/sexy,men go chase dem die.
And also if a man is equally attractive/Goodlooking/sexy. . .and specifically in d club,women will be all over him. wink kiss
Re: When A Man Is Too Confident About His Looks by newakata(f): 9:05pm On Nov 20, 2009
LOL- My experience says that being pretty is usually an advantage, BUT SOMETIMES it can, and does work against a person.
Re: When A Man Is Too Confident About His Looks by oyinda3(f): 1:26am On Nov 21, 2009
guys that are like that are usually not too good looking. the confidence is usually there to make up for the lack. and it works sometimes. they appear to look better if they are confident I guess.

but seriously though. guys should focus more on building the greens in their pockets instead of doing thorough mirror check every morning.
Re: When A Man Is Too Confident About His Looks by Nobody: 1:28am On Nov 21, 2009
Oyin oyin. What if they are blue? grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: When A Man Is Too Confident About His Looks by oyinda3(f): 1:30am On Nov 21, 2009
you mean the things in the pocket? cheesy money is always green
Re: When A Man Is Too Confident About His Looks by Nobody: 1:32am On Nov 21, 2009
But the neighbour's are greener, ab? tongue
Re: When A Man Is Too Confident About His Looks by oyinda3(f): 1:37am On Nov 21, 2009
haha that's why he should focus on making his own pocket greener than his neighbor instead of checking himself out in the mirror every 5 min.
as he is too confident abt his looks that's good but his neighbor will be getting all the benefits (you know what i mean). abi how u see am?
Re: When A Man Is Too Confident About His Looks by Nobody: 1:39am On Nov 21, 2009
Na so na. Enough of these sissies. We want real (loaded) men, in EVERY area. grin grin
Re: When A Man Is Too Confident About His Looks by Princek12(m): 1:45am On Nov 21, 2009
even though it is gay as hell, it is good for some men to shakara to women, so that women who do shakara can get a dose of the medicine that they give out and know how it feels. After all, everything na shakara oloje
Re: When A Man Is Too Confident About His Looks by yme1(f): 1:54am On Nov 21, 2009
dont be surprised that they also depend on women
Re: When A Man Is Too Confident About His Looks by zebi76: 2:20am On Nov 21, 2009
hey can't a guy take care of himself? grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

(PHOTO) Man With The World’s Longest Manhood Weighs It On Scale / My Girlfriend Went For NYSC And Completely Changed / Why Is It Too Hard To Find A Virgin Girl In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.