Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,046 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

Wike Under Fire Over Comment On Nigeria’s Indivisibility - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Under Fire Over Comment On Nigeria’s Indivisibility (37543 Views)

Wike Under Fire Over Comment On 2019 Elections / Nigerians Slam Lauretta Onochie Over Comment On President Buhari's Health / APC Youths Blast Bisi Akande Over Comment On Buhari's Health (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike Under Fire Over Comment On Nigeria’s Indivisibility by Nobody: 8:20am On Jan 03, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

The message here is demand for restructuring, that is a renegotiated country.

Governor Wike was speaking within the context of Biafra, and the fact is that the people of Ijaw nation and the entire Niger Delta are not seeking for a splinter country nor do they have any business with iPod confusionist group.

Nigeria must be restructured to make any progress
You have just spoken my mind, Tonye when are you coming out for Governor sef

2 Likes

Re: Wike Under Fire Over Comment On Nigeria’s Indivisibility by FreeGlobe(f): 8:21am On Jan 03, 2017
Fremancipation:
Tonyebarcanista, even your own ijaw people disagrees with coward and greedy Wike. How can you then claim to speak for the rest of niger deltans....misplaced priorities.
why do you people always give this guy attention and make it as if he is the spokesperson of the Niger delta.. Stop this nonsense now.. The guy doesnt even stay in the Niger delta

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Under Fire Over Comment On Nigeria’s Indivisibility by FreeGlobe(f): 8:27am On Jan 03, 2017
I warned wike to be careful with his utterances.. The power he is showing now is made possible by igbo support, once he loses it he is gone.. Amaechi is somewhere watching

9 Likes

Re: Wike Under Fire Over Comment On Nigeria’s Indivisibility by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:40am On Jan 03, 2017
AjiereTuwo:

You have just spoken my mind, Tonye when are you coming out for Governor sef
My Boss, hopefully in 2023(all things being equal).

Glad to see you in 2017, may the best of the year be your portion and may your plans for the year come to fruition. Amen

2 Likes

Re: Wike Under Fire Over Comment On Nigeria’s Indivisibility by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:45am On Jan 03, 2017
zendy:

And the question the likes of you never like to answer is, what if Nigeria never restructures? What then is the alternative? You throw your hands in surrender and shout 'one Nigeria'?.

How anyone thinks the North will ever agree to restructuring is beyond me. Restructuring is no longer possible in Nigeria, the North will not entertain the idea. So anyone who wants restructuring had better start considering alternatives.

Also, there is no union in the world that is beyond negotiation
my brother, this issue is simple and clear.

Some of you want Biafra, but our people want restructuring. Why try to lump us into Biafra without our express will? is that cool? THINK BRO.

The will of the people should be supreme and not sentiment of another group!

As for the north resisting restructuring, how long can they resist? Has our people really pushed it? Think.bro...

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike Under Fire Over Comment On Nigeria’s Indivisibility by thepeople2020: 8:49am On Jan 03, 2017
WIKE SPEAKS FOR HIMSELF PERIOD.

4 Likes

Re: Wike Under Fire Over Comment On Nigeria’s Indivisibility by Fremancipation: 8:50am On Jan 03, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Some of you want Biafra, but our people want restructuring. Why try to lump us into Biafra without our express will? is that cool? THINK BRO.

As for the north resisting restructuring, how long can they resist? Has our people really pushed it? Think.bro...

Our people as in ijaws only right? Because I hope you know that you can't speak for anyone else outside your group.

9 Likes

Re: Wike Under Fire Over Comment On Nigeria’s Indivisibility by midol: 8:54am On Jan 03, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

The message here is demand for restructuring, that is a renegotiated country.

Governor Wike was speaking within the context of Biafra, and the fact is that the people of Ijaw nation and the entire Niger Delta are not seeking for a splinter country nor do they have any business with iPod confusionist group.

Nigeria must be restructured to make any progress

As a yoruba muslim, I agree with you that , Dickson Bekederemo, Austin Ozobo and Alowei Cleric, are all Ibo Igbos confusionists.

We must continue to beg for restructuring from the sultanate north without the ibo/ipods.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Under Fire Over Comment On Nigeria’s Indivisibility by midol: 8:55am On Jan 03, 2017
Noneroone:
thats what pessimists think because they mystify the elites. People like Kanu who have same spirit with trump dont. Thats why they achieve results.

See as you finish modath. grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Wike Under Fire Over Comment On Nigeria’s Indivisibility by nonsobaba: 9:10am On Jan 03, 2017
Fremancipation:
People need to realize that anti-Biafran hate speech from governors are simply to protect their multi-billion naira pensions and benefits. And the people that praise them wallow in poverty while screaming one Nigeria.
But Governor Fayose of ekiti has occasionally voiced out his support for Biafra agitation. Doesn' he have pension that he will benefit from also? You are deluding urself to think that any governor who makes anti-biafra comments or gestures does so because of any other motive other than patriotism. Wike renamed the Liberation stadium to Yakubu Gowon stadium Port Harcourt in mid-2016 when Ipods were intensifying their biafra protests in Rivers state. Didn't that tell u enough?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike Under Fire Over Comment On Nigeria’s Indivisibility by FreeGlobe(f): 9:14am On Jan 03, 2017
nonsobaba:
[s]But Governor Fayose of ekiti has occasionally voiced out his support for Biafra agitation. Doesn' he have pension that he will benefit from also? You are deluding urself to think that any governor who makes anti-biafra comments or gestures does so because of any other motive other than patriotism. Wike renamed the Liberation stadium to Yakubu Gowon stadium Port Harcourt in mid-2016 when Ipods were intensifying their biafra protests in Rivers state. Didn't that tell u enough? [/s]

4 Likes

Re: Wike Under Fire Over Comment On Nigeria’s Indivisibility by FreeGlobe(f): 9:16am On Jan 03, 2017
Fremancipation:

Our people as in ijaws only right? Because I hope you know that you can't speak for anyone else outside your group.

So you want to make him an ijaw spokesperson.. Who is he, has he spoken on any radio or tv in the niger delta. why are you guys giving this guy unnecessary attention.. We want to hear what people like ankio briggs have to say not an anonymous hustler on nairaland who could even be from the south west

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Under Fire Over Comment On Nigeria’s Indivisibility by Fremancipation: 9:20am On Jan 03, 2017
FreeGlobe:

So you want to make him an ijaw spokesperson.. Who is he, has he spoken on any radio or tv in the niger delta. why are you guys giving this guy unnecessary attention.. We want to hear what people like ankio briggs have to say not an anonymous hustler on nairaland who could even be from the south west

I am okay if he limits his opinions on behalf of ijaws. It's up to his fellow ijaw brothers to fight with him on that. My only problem is when he tries to speak for the other groups in niger delta.

5 Likes

Re: Wike Under Fire Over Comment On Nigeria’s Indivisibility by caleboxylic: 9:25am On Jan 03, 2017
modath:

Sound it!! Happy New Year. smiley

Tonye, You are not smart. So Niger Deltans( Ijaw, Urobho, itsekeiri and others except the aniomas, ndoki, eche, omuma) want to negotiate for restructuring That the rejected in 60's( Aburri). You people rejected restructuring in 60's and joined to fight Biafra. Now, we the igbos are not after restructuring again, we are for Biafra. Your so called Niger Delta can negotiate with Nigeria for restructuring but bear in mind That we Will vote against That in NASS to teach You minorities lessons.

13 Likes

Re: Wike Under Fire Over Comment On Nigeria’s Indivisibility by caleboxylic: 9:27am On Jan 03, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Tonye, You are not smart. So Niger Deltans( Ijaw, Urobho, itsekeiri and others except the aniomas, ndoki, eche, omuma) want to negotiate for restructuring That the rejected in 60's( Aburri). You people rejected restructuring in 60's and joined to fight Biafra. Now, we the igbos are not after restructuring again, we are for Biafra. Your so called Niger Delta can negotiate with Nigeria for restructuring but bear in mind That we Will vote against That in NASS to teach You minorities lessons.

4 Likes

Re: Wike Under Fire Over Comment On Nigeria’s Indivisibility by Nobody: 9:36am On Jan 03, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
My Boss, hopefully in 2023(all things being equal).

Glad to see you in 2017, may the best of the year be your portion and may your plans for the year come to fruition. Amen
Amen oh, Thanks, happy new year to you boss
Re: Wike Under Fire Over Comment On Nigeria’s Indivisibility by victorvezx(m): 9:38am On Jan 03, 2017
It is only a foolish and stupid person that believes getting Biafra is far easier than getting simple restructuring.

3 Likes

Re: Wike Under Fire Over Comment On Nigeria’s Indivisibility by vanunu: 10:00am On Jan 03, 2017
caleboxylic:

If I tell u that I am not ashamed to come from Niger delta, call me a bastard , if this our oil is in the north, will the Fulani's allow us to have even a drop of it. Our people are simply silly. They want to go and eat their vomit.

3 Likes

Re: Wike Under Fire Over Comment On Nigeria’s Indivisibility by caleboxylic: 10:14am On Jan 03, 2017
victorvezx:
It is only a foolish and stupid person that believes getting Biafra is far easier than getting simple restructuring.

You call it simple restructing after your people rejected aburri agreement. We are waiting at the NASS to vote against it ok. 3million biafrans died beacuse You people said no to resource control . God Will punish any NASS member from Biafra That Will support it.
After Biafra, You people should negotiate with Nigeria for resource control ok. Myopic set of people. As ojukwu told Wiwa' good morning to all of u fighting for resource control". Biafra or nothing. Biafra without ikwerre, izon, oron, urhobo, itsekeiri, Edo and others is my dream country. Biafra of igbo nation, ibibio, anang, efik, ogoja, igala and idoma if they all wish to join is my dream country.

I mentioned igala and idoma because of Wawa people. Ibibio, efik, ogoja and anang because we all suffered during and after Biafra war. Even the 20pounds policy from devilish Awolowo affected them.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Under Fire Over Comment On Nigeria’s Indivisibility by Chukazu: 10:22am On Jan 03, 2017
the same "MUMU " would go back to the creeks and be shouting for Niger Delta emancipation undecided

3 Likes

Re: Wike Under Fire Over Comment On Nigeria’s Indivisibility by caleboxylic: 10:26am On Jan 03, 2017
vanunu:
If I tell u that I am not ashamed to come from Niger delta, call me a bastard , if this our oil is in the north, will the Fulani's allow us to have even a drop of it. Our people are simply silly. They want to go and eat their vomit.

No restructuring Will take place until we have Biafra. Biafrans at the NASS have taken That stand ok. 3million biafrans death Will not be in vain. We Will vote against it. All of You fighting for resource control must support Biafra first before any other thing. We are not against Nigeria, we want to be who we were before amalgamation. Niger Delta should fight for their own country and we Will support but no to resource control.

6 Likes

Re: Wike Under Fire Over Comment On Nigeria’s Indivisibility by Emyogalanya: 10:31am On Jan 03, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

your last question pls supply an answer to it. Why are ur people ijaws not pushing and protesting for a nigeria of ur dreams. Olotu abi na cowardice ? So now cos gej is gone now u want to restructure what happened since 2011 - 2015 as for we , we have always been pro-biafra from time immemorial

10 Likes

Re: Wike Under Fire Over Comment On Nigeria’s Indivisibility by caleboxylic: 10:41am On Jan 03, 2017
Emyogalanya:
your last question pls supply an answer to it. Why are ur people ijaws not pushing and protesting for a nigeria of ur dreams. Olotu abi na cowardice ? So now cos gej is gone now u want to restructure what happened since 2011 - 2015 as for we , we have always been pro-biafra from time immemorial

Pls tell them my Brother. Restructuring for who if i must ask. For the 3-6 milliions biafrans That died or those That joined hand and massacred them beacuse they wanted restructuring. They now want to go back to what they rejected fifty one years ago.

Let nnamdi kanu come out first and his first broadcast Will surprise the ikwerres, izon and others except the ever reliable ibibio, anang, ogoja, and efik.

7 Likes

Re: Wike Under Fire Over Comment On Nigeria’s Indivisibility by caleboxylic: 11:01am On Jan 03, 2017
Emyogalanya:
izon/ijaws are a disgrace to humanity i:ll kill myself if ijaws become part of biafra

Not all of them but majority of them are That to humanity no doubt.
They wont be part of Biafra but i feel ogoni Will most likely join Biafra if u conduct a referendum there but we dont want

2 Likes

Re: Wike Under Fire Over Comment On Nigeria’s Indivisibility by Emyogalanya: 11:11am On Jan 03, 2017
caleboxylic:

Not all of them but majority of them are That to humanity no doubt.
They wont be part of Biafra but i feel ogoni Will most likely join Biafra if u conduct a referendum there but we dont want
i said only ijaws not all niger delta peeps
Re: Wike Under Fire Over Comment On Nigeria’s Indivisibility by mack111(m): 11:16am On Jan 03, 2017
It will be misleading to assume wike's state of mind with that statement. Politicians and their controversial nature is no news to us anymore. In the coming weeks or months, he might be dancing to the tune of biafra.

They are always hanging on the fence, you never which side they lace their boots for.
Re: Wike Under Fire Over Comment On Nigeria’s Indivisibility by overall90: 11:45am On Jan 03, 2017
Any discerning mind will know that the reason why Wike made those statements in far away Sokoto is simply for political exigencies and survival.
He just want the fg to ease off his back.
As for Biafra,once the time is ripe, we will see.

4 Likes

Re: Wike Under Fire Over Comment On Nigeria’s Indivisibility by seunowa(f): 12:06pm On Jan 03, 2017
I think everyone shud go her own way because I can't see Nigeria achieving greatness if we are together but d way dis Biafra are going abt it..is irritating

1 Like

Re: Wike Under Fire Over Comment On Nigeria’s Indivisibility by adonis89(m): 12:28pm On Jan 03, 2017
seunowa:
I think everyone shud go her own way because I can't see Nigeria achieving greatness if we are together but d way dis Biafra are going abt it..is irritating
how is it irritating madam?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Donald Trump Called President Buhari 'sir' - Yahaya Bello / Second Ikom Bridge In Cross River Completed (Pictures) / Tinubu Appoints Ola Olukoyede As New EFCC Chairman, Hammajoda As Secretary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.