Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,060 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Wike Under Fire Over Comment On Nigeria’s Indivisibility - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Under Fire Over Comment On Nigeria’s Indivisibility (37544 Views)

Wike Under Fire Over Comment On 2019 Elections / Nigerians Slam Lauretta Onochie Over Comment On President Buhari's Health / APC Youths Blast Bisi Akande Over Comment On Buhari's Health (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike Under Fire Over Comment On Nigeria’s Indivisibility by size40: 12:31pm On Jan 03, 2017
Fremancipation:
People need to realize that anti-Biafran hate speech from governors are simply to protect their multi-billion naira pensions and benefits. And the people that praise them wallow in poverty while screaming one Nigeria.
Also don't forget that Governor Wike is a Core Ikwerre man. It is also on record that the Ikwerres have never, I mean never accepted anything Igbo and their Biafra nonsense including me. We dont need Biafra. If Nigeria is to be divided, the Igbo's should only think about themselves and stop including us. The real Niger Delta and not the political Niger Delta which includes Abia, Imo and Ondo States is big enough to be a country. We rejected Biafra during d civil war and we will continue to do so

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike Under Fire Over Comment On Nigeria’s Indivisibility by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jan 03, 2017
size40:

Also don't forget that Governor Wike is a Core Ikwerre man. It is also on record that the Ikwerres have never, I mean never accepted anything Igbo and their Biafra nonsense including me. We dont need Biafra. If Nigeria is to be divided, the Igbo's should only think about themselves and stop including us. The real Niger Delta and not the political Niger Delta which includes Abia, Imo and Ondo States is big enough to be a country. We rejected Biafra during d civil war and we will continue to do so
I for one is an advocate of an only Igbo country, including Igboid ethnic group in the Delta, e.g Ndoki, Egbema, Etche and the likes etc. excluding Ikwerre. Don't make it look like we are begging you guys to join us. Ikwerre is not Igbo and will never be part of anything Igbo.
Biafra is a noble course for the noble mind. And yes, you succeeded in scuttling the project in the 60s, and how have you fared in current Nigeria? Is your case not worst than ever.
Sensible Igbos knows that Ikwerre don't have any bearings in Igbo matters. We understand and embrace it to the core.

11 Likes

Re: Wike Under Fire Over Comment On Nigeria’s Indivisibility by caleboxylic: 12:51pm On Jan 03, 2017
size40:

Nobody Will add ikwerre to Biafra pls. We are interested only in igboid group in rivers state. In delta, we are only interested in the igbo speaking part. Ibibio, anang, ogoja and efik Will be part of Biafra unless they say otherwise through referendum.
I dont even know why somebody Will add lazy ikwerres and izon into Biafra. Never Will it happen.
Once nnamdi kanu is out, his first broadcast Will shock You because he Will speak only for those group i mentioned earlier.
Finally, stop feeling important bc you have nothing ( human and natural resources)to contribute to This coming Biafra.

11 Likes

Re: Wike Under Fire Over Comment On Nigeria’s Indivisibility by Fremancipation: 12:53pm On Jan 03, 2017
victorvezx:
It is only a foolish and stupid person that believes getting Biafra is far easier than getting simple restructuring.

This comment just exposed your extreme stupidity and proved my point. Oya go get restructuring if it's was so easy. We have another 50 years to wait. Idiot.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Under Fire Over Comment On Nigeria’s Indivisibility by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jan 03, 2017
Ipod mastubating everywhere....

6 Likes

Re: Wike Under Fire Over Comment On Nigeria’s Indivisibility by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jan 03, 2017
Fremancipation:
Those hoping on restructuring never learn from history. Why did Gowan reneged on the aburi accord even though it did exactly what Niger deltans is begging for today? Why?

To northerners, restructuring is almost like breaking away because at the end of the day, restructuring will deny them the unlimited access to your oil which they enjoy today.

Bull crap, Nigeria did not get independence as a unitary state. It was a carefully negotiated federation that was later bastardized by the military.

Restructuring is not like breaking away, the north did not create the present structure they merely took advantage of it.

6 Likes

Re: Wike Under Fire Over Comment On Nigeria’s Indivisibility by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jan 03, 2017
TonyeBarcanista and Size40 you both have said it all. Allow those Biafrans to keep mastubating on every thread. Attache by force. Naija Delta is every thing SE can never be, so the envy won't allow them take their eyes off Naija Delta.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike Under Fire Over Comment On Nigeria’s Indivisibility by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jan 03, 2017
Niger Delta is an extension of the evil gerrymandering of Nigerian political system. Those idiots that keep licking the balls of aboki, for the sake perpetuating this carefully orchestrated futureless political contraption should continue. Time will tell.

2 Likes

Re: Wike Under Fire Over Comment On Nigeria’s Indivisibility by Royalfurnitures: 2:11pm On Jan 03, 2017
He merely expressed his opinion and not the opinion of the of the generality of South southerners, however I smell politics in that statement.

Pls check out my signature for quality and durable furniture
Re: Wike Under Fire Over Comment On Nigeria’s Indivisibility by Mechette(m): 2:12pm On Jan 03, 2017
Hwfa wike
Re: Wike Under Fire Over Comment On Nigeria’s Indivisibility by onward4life(m): 2:19pm On Jan 03, 2017
Fremancipation:
Tonyebarcanista, even your own ijaw people disagrees with coward and greedy Wike. How can you then claim to speak for the rest of niger deltans....misplaced priorities.

Is Tonye even Ijaw? angry
Re: Wike Under Fire Over Comment On Nigeria’s Indivisibility by mmsen: 2:23pm On Jan 03, 2017
He said that the North has to realize that 'we need each other' but why does the South need the North?

I don't get it.

2 Likes

Re: Wike Under Fire Over Comment On Nigeria’s Indivisibility by Montaque(m): 2:26pm On Jan 03, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

The message here is demand for restructuring, that is a renegotiated country.

Governor Wike was speaking within the context of Biafra, and the fact is that the people of Ijaw nation and the entire Niger Delta are not seeking for a splinter country nor do they have any business with iPod confusionist group.

Nigeria must be restructured to make any progress

Shallow. If it sounds so easy, why is that point hard to reach?
A restructured Nigeria will still crave for one solution - Break up. Restructure is just a precursor, an appetizer.

3 Likes

Re: Wike Under Fire Over Comment On Nigeria’s Indivisibility by Montaque(m): 2:28pm On Jan 03, 2017
Ekinematics:
TonyeBarcanista and Size40 you both have said it all. Allow those Biafrans to keep mastubating on every thread. Attache by force. Naija Delta is every thing SE can never be, so the envy won't allow them take their eyes off Naija Delta.

South South, Niger Delta and all what not. they gave you an identity and you ran with it, relentlessly. Keep running.

1 Like

Re: Wike Under Fire Over Comment On Nigeria’s Indivisibility by AngelicBeing: 2:41pm On Jan 03, 2017
modath:

Nigeria will be reduced to ashes before "the owners" (elites from NEWS) will allow any division take place... The sooner the delusional utopians come to term with that the better for their mental state! cool
cool
Re: Wike Under Fire Over Comment On Nigeria’s Indivisibility by room089: 2:41pm On Jan 03, 2017
Fremancipation:
What about the recommendations from the national conference that was trashed in the dustbin by Buhari?

What about the northern dominated senate and house of reps that have sworn that any restructuring will have to pass through them?

Those waiting on restructuring are delusional. They will never restructure Nigeria. Mark my words.

Guy you really understood the politics of the day; I pray others see things from this perspective.

5 Likes

Re: Wike Under Fire Over Comment On Nigeria’s Indivisibility by michoim(m): 2:42pm On Jan 03, 2017
You mentally derailed civil society groups and rebellious people, how did you know that it was not God that used Lord Lugard to amalgate Nigeria as one indivisible entity to fulfill his divine agenda.

1 Like

Re: Wike Under Fire Over Comment On Nigeria’s Indivisibility by zicoraads: 2:42pm On Jan 03, 2017
modath:

Nigeria will be reduced to ashes before "the owners" (elites from NEWS) will allow any division take place... The sooner the delusional utopians come to term with that the better for their mental state! cool
..."come to terms" not "...come to term" embarassed

1 Like

Re: Wike Under Fire Over Comment On Nigeria’s Indivisibility by zeestunner(m): 2:43pm On Jan 03, 2017
Fremancipation:
What about the recommendations from the national conference that was trashed in the dustbin by Buhari?

What about the northern dominated senate and house of reps that have sworn that any restructuring will have to pass through them?

Those waiting on restructuring are delusional. They will never restructure Nigeria. Mark my words.

Sorry o is it the northerners fault that the east due to hate voted immensely for PDP and not one APC candidate in the senate. You guys put all your eggs in one basket. amean how can u guys play this sort of dull politics and yet u feel entitled to a top 4 position. Did u expect APC to give a senator from the south east and from PDP senate presidency just to prove wat...? Nobody is marginalizing anybody u see all the position the northerners hav gained all this years is as a result of smart thinking infact till today u still have staunch PDP,LP,even APGA members from the north. Next time encourage ur sons to spread into all parties and support them to succeed so that u will be well represented. So blame yourselves you guys marginalized yourselves. Infact with the fulani herdsmen issue, nnamdi kanu case and biafra agitation are the northerner still preventing ur house of rep members,senators,governors and political leaders from take united front on those issues? How hav they been figthing for ur interest? And yet u guys will still vote PDP in 2019 and later start shouting marginalization again. SMH on u folks

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Under Fire Over Comment On Nigeria’s Indivisibility by giles14(m): 2:45pm On Jan 03, 2017
Ekinematics:
Naija Delta is every thing SE can never be, so the envy won't allow them take their eyes off Naija Delta.

pls wots in the niger delta .Enugu has the largest coal deposit in west Africa.
anambra basin has the largest natural gas reserve in Nigeria.
abia and imo has crude oil n natural gas.
ebonyi has limestone.

and don't forget that ijaw and ikwerre are jst 2 group out of over 40 groups in South South Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Wike Under Fire Over Comment On Nigeria’s Indivisibility by Handsomecole(m): 2:45pm On Jan 03, 2017
One United Strong Nigeria

#OrjiUzorKalu2019

Re: Wike Under Fire Over Comment On Nigeria’s Indivisibility by ldpele(m): 2:54pm On Jan 03, 2017
interested in farm partnership at umuahia should pls SMS 09075359069. will love to partner especially in the angle of funds. pls the person must have an already existing farm. fishing, pig farming and etc
Re: Wike Under Fire Over Comment On Nigeria’s Indivisibility by Butterworth: 2:56pm On Jan 03, 2017
We already know why you're crying

The reason is that when Nigeria is restructured along Ethnic/linguistic lines, you and your people will die of starvation because you lack creativity. All your leaders know how to do best is run to Aso Rock at the end of every month to receive allocations your region contributed nothing to.

1 Like

Re: Wike Under Fire Over Comment On Nigeria’s Indivisibility by PRESHRUNYI(m): 3:00pm On Jan 03, 2017
sorry ooooo, no body should be offended, I hv some questions and i need sincere answers.
1. does NIGERIA exit?
2. if yes to 1. above, where does it exist?
3. and who are the Nigerians?
pls I need answers

1 Like

Re: Wike Under Fire Over Comment On Nigeria’s Indivisibility by proeast(m): 3:01pm On Jan 03, 2017
Fremancipation:

They never learn. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Even if Nigeria manages to survive, their children and grandchildren will spit on their graves.
Only a few southerners(mainly Igbos) are seeing the bigger picture. The socio-political cum economy of Nigeria has been on a free fall since the 80's. With the collapse of oil prices, population explotion in the North, increased desertification and Southward push of fulani herdsmen in search of pasture, increased awareness and social media in the South etc. I dont need a prophet to tell me what is going to happen between now and ten years time. The Zoo will most likely collapse under its weight. I pray it would not be violently because its effect will be catastrophic. We Igbos should plan ahead for life in post Nigeria & continue with the peaceful agitation which is already very effective. I pity folks that will be taken unawares!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Under Fire Over Comment On Nigeria’s Indivisibility by Blizzy9ja: 3:02pm On Jan 03, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

The message here is demand for restructuring, that is a renegotiated country.

Governor Wike was speaking within the context of Biafra, and the fact is that the people of Ijaw nation and the entire Niger Delta are not seeking for a splinter country nor do they have any business with iPod confusionist group.

Nigeria must be restructured to make any progress
So what are you saying in essence?

What kind of restructuring? Cuz i still see u trying as much as possible to avoid a typical nairaland bashing from the pro one Nigeria group here

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Under Fire Over Comment On Nigeria’s Indivisibility by notindome(m): 3:03pm On Jan 03, 2017
A contraption where the socalled more literate sections (SS, SE, SW) as they see themselves believe that the ones the see as less literate section (NW, NE, NC) must agree before certain issues like restructuring takes place is beyond me.

Na country be Nigeria? I don't understand. All the comments are tailored towards "Northerners won't agree, so it can't work".

Na wah ohh.

9 Likes

Re: Wike Under Fire Over Comment On Nigeria’s Indivisibility by iaatmguy(m): 3:05pm On Jan 03, 2017
modath:

At least the country Should be restructured.
We can not continue to live off one part of the country. It doesn't giveway for development of other regions.
Am from the s/w and i pray we practice true federalism.
It will ease pressure of some region, and give way for other parts to harness their resources

1 Like

Re: Wike Under Fire Over Comment On Nigeria’s Indivisibility by iaatmguy(m): 3:06pm On Jan 03, 2017
Blizzy9ja:
So what are you saying in essence?

What kind of restructuring? Cuz i still see u trying as much as possible to avoid a typical nairaland bashing from the pro one Nigeria group here
regionalism
Re: Wike Under Fire Over Comment On Nigeria’s Indivisibility by maxzzo1(m): 3:08pm On Jan 03, 2017
Why worry urself na politics..... If na u wetin u go talk
Re: Wike Under Fire Over Comment On Nigeria’s Indivisibility by zendy: 3:09pm On Jan 03, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
my brother, this issue is simple and clear.

Some of you want Biafra, but our people want restructuring. Why try to lump us into Biafra without our express will? is that cool? THINK BRO.

The will of the people should be supreme and not sentiment of another group!

As for the north resisting restructuring, how long can they resist? Has our people really pushed it? Think.bro...

You are not answering my question. My question is, in the event that Nigeria never restructures, what is the alternative? Do you accept the status quo?

People have been talking about restructuring since Aburi in 1967, guess what? It has come to nothing. The restructuring you are talking cannot be achieved without constitutional change. To change the constitution, you need a a 2 thirds majority vote in the national assembly. With the North controling nearly 63% of the national assembly vote as opposed to just 37% for the south, how will restructuring ever happen? Or you believe the North will one allow anyone to control their resources, particulary Oil & Gas. This is not about Biafra, this is about the reality on the ground.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Donald Trump Called President Buhari 'sir' - Yahaya Bello / Second Ikom Bridge In Cross River Completed (Pictures) / Tinubu Appoints Ola Olukoyede As New EFCC Chairman, Hammajoda As Secretary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.