Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,792 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:25 PM

‘Family Cut Me Off Because I Married A Woman On Wheelchair’ - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / ‘Family Cut Me Off Because I Married A Woman On Wheelchair’ (62984 Views)

Man Discovers Unclad Photos & Love Chat From A Woman On His Wife’s Phone / I Married A Man But I Think I Might Be A Lesbian / I Married A Stranger! I Caught My Wife With Her Boss At Ikeja Hotel! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘Family Cut Me Off Because I Married A Woman On Wheelchair’ by electropiz(m): 12:28pm On Jan 19, 2017
lovat:
May we Never See another Ambulance on this thread again
Nairaland making my day since 1860... lmao...
Re: ‘Family Cut Me Off Because I Married A Woman On Wheelchair’ by folu4real(f): 12:37pm On Jan 19, 2017
midehi2:
Eeyaah!
true love knows no bound

God Bless your marriage

Amen
Re: ‘Family Cut Me Off Because I Married A Woman On Wheelchair’ by tolajay: 12:44pm On Jan 19, 2017
Lol....

Sir/Ma, you're mad! That was spot-on.

lovat:
May we Never See another Ambulance on this thread again
Re: ‘Family Cut Me Off Because I Married A Woman On Wheelchair’ by ceaser: 2:10pm On Jan 19, 2017
FILEBE:

Cobahm Asoquo nko? Yinka Ayefele nko? Guys....abeg makw we stop to dey reason like this na. You think say if na we dey create ourselves we no go create hunks and Beauty queens? Beauty na for mind o

Yínká Ayéfélé was already married for some years before the mishap. It was alleged that his wife deserted him shortly after. She came back to the marriage after much persuasion and entreaties, but not after money began rolling in. I'd say she was lucky to have retraced her step. Not too many people have such opportunities of a second chance.
Re: ‘Family Cut Me Off Because I Married A Woman On Wheelchair’ by ceaser: 2:43pm On Jan 19, 2017
Bobbyunitedfc:
I FELT LIKE CRYING AFTER READING THIS BECAUSE I CAN TOTALLY RELATE WITH THEIR STORY,,,,MY GIRLFRIEND HAS NO PHYSICAL DISABILITIES THE ONLY DISABILITY SHE HAS ACCORDING TO MY MUM IS THAT SHES IBO AND SHE SAID HER FIRST SON CANT AND WONT MARRY AN IBO LADY.....

MY AUNT WHO IS THE PROPHETESS OF THE FAMILY CAME UP WITH SEVERAL VISIONS ABOUT OUR FUTURE IF I MARRY THE LADY,SHE SAID ONE OF US WILL DIE,THERE WILL BE POVERTY IN OUR HOME,TOO MUCH SCARY STUFF..

FEW DAYS AGO MY MUM SAID HER ALFA GAVE HER SIMILAR PROPHESIES TO MY AUNT....DESPITE ALL THAT I STILL STAND MY GROUND ON MARRYING THIS LADY.I JUST HOPE I WONT REGRET THIS IN FUTURE..?

Irrespective of the veracity of the claims or visions of your mum or aunt, I will implore you to listen to them. Your mother will not ask you to put your hand into fire. And while you have every right to your opinions or choices as a grown up, I sincerely implore you to listen to the counsels of elderly ones.

I have no strong bias against marrying from other tribes, but your mum may have her reservations and sincerely it may be due to her selfish reasons, especially when it has to do with her fear of communication or interaction with your spouse culture-wise. But the questions are this:

Is her opinion about taking your mate from your tribe an entirely bad opinion?

Do you believe that you will never find a mate that you would love like you feel about the lady in question?

Do you believe that in an average African cultural setting and especially Nigerian outlook, and as it is in western cultures, your parents have no input whatsoever in your marriage or your family life?

Do you think it is in your best interest to disregard your mother's concern about your welfare, especially now that your aunt corroborates your mum's position in the matter? (mind you that they may have both planned it together but it still doesn't matter IMO as their aim is to convince you beyond reasonable doubt)

Do you think you have to be selfish in your choices not minding how it rubs off of your family and especially your mum? (She may be worried that she won't be free with in-laws from other tribes as she would have loved to do if it were people of her own culture and extract, having in mind that mothers see their first son as their own little husband which they wouldn't want lose)

If your answers to those are in the negative, then you may need to listen to your mum not minding the inconveniences to you. It doesn't mean your manly attribute is being compromised but it actually is wisdom in handling issues.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘Family Cut Me Off Because I Married A Woman On Wheelchair’ by Wiseandtrue(f): 2:52pm On Jan 19, 2017
CorGier:

da fūcks my own with u.
u ain't got taste, obviously.
Child of hate, variety is the spice of life.
Re: ‘Family Cut Me Off Because I Married A Woman On Wheelchair’ by ceaser: 2:55pm On Jan 19, 2017
Philpham:

Madam, What do u mean, have u not seen Aki and pawpaws wife Are those 2 men not disabled?

In both instances, money and fame I believe, is what made the women say yes. The ladies can deny this, but they should ask 'emselves if sincerely their answers will be yes if those two were not financially okay and famous.
Re: ‘Family Cut Me Off Because I Married A Woman On Wheelchair’ by ceaser: 3:04pm On Jan 19, 2017
Handsomecole:

In short it's only a "Man" that can do such no "woman" would ever.

1 Like

Re: ‘Family Cut Me Off Because I Married A Woman On Wheelchair’ by ceaser: 3:16pm On Jan 19, 2017
humilitypays:
‎If that your Igbo fiancee agrees to marry you despite all your mum thinks about Igbo people, then she is a big fool with no brain!

She's better single than married to you, what nonsense!

And your mum didn't even know that she was lucky for an Igbo girl to have agreed to marry her son Maybe your Igbo girlfriend isn't full Igbo girl sha, I am sorry for her‎

What wise Yoruba girls do once they notice strong disapproval of their relationships frim a potential mother-in-law is to call the guy and let him know that his mother's opinion and blessings on the relationahip and marraige is very important, cannot be wished away and cannot be downplayed. So if the mother or the guy's family will not approve of the union, they should go their seperate way, no hard feelings to it. In Yoruba, the wife is not only married to the man, but also to the man's family and also the man to the wife's. She becomes a wife, a daughter and sister to the whole family.

1 Like

Re: ‘Family Cut Me Off Because I Married A Woman On Wheelchair’ by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jan 19, 2017
Wiseandtrue:

Child of hate, variety is the spice of life.

commot for my face, you can celebrate mediocrity all u want.
Re: ‘Family Cut Me Off Because I Married A Woman On Wheelchair’ by Wiseandtrue(f): 3:40pm On Jan 19, 2017
CorGier:

commot for my face, you can celebrate mediocrity all u want.

Re: ‘Family Cut Me Off Because I Married A Woman On Wheelchair’ by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jan 19, 2017
[quote author=Wiseandtrue post=52945352][/quote]

wen last person slap u
Re: ‘Family Cut Me Off Because I Married A Woman On Wheelchair’ by Wiseandtrue(f): 3:49pm On Jan 19, 2017
CorGier:

wen last person slap u
Lolzzzz you too try remember
Re: ‘Family Cut Me Off Because I Married A Woman On Wheelchair’ by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jan 19, 2017
Wiseandtrue:

Lolzzzz you too try remember

on a serious note, u fit let ur fiancé wear dat kind tin come una wedding?
Re: ‘Family Cut Me Off Because I Married A Woman On Wheelchair’ by yubarbs(m): 4:02pm On Jan 19, 2017
Jah bless ya union...
Re: ‘Family Cut Me Off Because I Married A Woman On Wheelchair’ by pussyAvenger: 4:02pm On Jan 19, 2017
buffalowings:
All these funny monikers.

Pussyavenger

What is this cheesy
lol! u lyk eee?
Re: ‘Family Cut Me Off Because I Married A Woman On Wheelchair’ by OmolaraAramide(f): 5:21pm On Jan 19, 2017
Indeed true love!!!am just so proud of them..i admire them at church every sunday.God will bless and make their union fruitful
Re: ‘Family Cut Me Off Because I Married A Woman On Wheelchair’ by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jan 19, 2017
prettythicksme:
wow wow wow wow wow wow nice one
U ve ambulance? angry
Re: ‘Family Cut Me Off Because I Married A Woman On Wheelchair’ by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:29pm On Jan 19, 2017
CorGier:

on a serious note, u fit let ur fiancé wear dat kind tin come una wedding?

His personality is different now. We all can't be the same. The bone of contention here is his commitments to a physically challenged person, the patience, the love... Can you do that
Re: ‘Family Cut Me Off Because I Married A Woman On Wheelchair’ by gazilion: 6:41pm On Jan 19, 2017
Bobbyunitedfc:
I FELT LIKE CRYING AFTER READING THIS BECAUSE I CAN TOTALLY RELATE WITH THEIR STORY,,,,MY GIRLFRIEND HAS NO PHYSICAL DISABILITIES THE ONLY DISABILITY SHE HAS ACCORDING TO MY MUM IS THAT SHES IBO AND SHE SAID HER FIRST SON CANT AND WONT MARRY AN IBO LADY.....

MY AUNT WHO IS THE PROPHETESS OF THE FAMILY CAME UP WITH SEVERAL VISIONS ABOUT OUR FUTURE IF I MARRY THE LADY,SHE SAID ONE OF US WILL DIE,THERE WILL BE POVERTY IN OUR HOME,TOO MUCH SCARY STUFF..

FEW DAYS AGO MY MUM SAID HER ALFA GAVE HER SIMILAR PROPHESIES TO MY AUNT....DESPITE ALL THAT I STILL STAND MY GROUND ON MARRYING THIS LADY.I JUST HOPE I WONT REGRET THIS IN FUTURE..?

Please, do not allow the prophecies of another person dictate your life for you. Prophecies are meant to build up and encourage not to discourage or cause panic. When I was going to marry, parents said they had bad dreams and people said so many stuffs but I love my wife and I knew from the beginning this is the one God has destined for me. I didn't see their negative dreams in the character or life of my wife and I prayerfully rejected every negative dream or prophecies.

My mum refused to come to our traditional wedding along with most of my siblings who listened to her. To cut the long story short. Next month, we would be married for 7years with 3 wonderful children. We have our own house in London and have travelled more than 10 countries. We are still married and will remain grateful to God for the marriage.

My parents seeing God's blessings in our lives have called to apologise saying it was the devil. Yeah, the devil will stir up strives to hinder a coming blessing when he knows your destiny lies in that union.

Caveat: Please do get married IF YOU ARE CONVINCED the lady is the will of God for you. In my case, I was SURE and GENUINE. My head was clear, my heart was focused on God and my mind was made up. I NEVER slept with my wife until the night after our white wedding. I wish you all the best.

Gazilion

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘Family Cut Me Off Because I Married A Woman On Wheelchair’ by Bobbyunitedfc(m): 9:03pm On Jan 19, 2017
ceaser:

Irrespective of the veracity of the claims or visions of your mum or aunt, I will implore you to listen to them. Your mother will not ask you to put your hand into fire. And while you have every right to your opinions or choices as a grown up, I sincerely implore you to listen to the counsels of elderly ones.

I have no strong bias against marrying from other tribes, but your mum may have her reservations and sincerely it may be due to her selfish reasons, especially when it has to do with her fear of communication or interaction with your spouse culture-wise. But the questions are this:

Is her opinion about taking your mate from your tribe an entirely bad opinion?

Do you believe that you will never find a mate that you would love like you feel about the lady in question?

Do you believe that in an average African cultural setting and especially Nigerian outlook, and as it is in western cultures, your parents have no input whatsoever in your marriage or your family life?

Do you think it is in your best interest to disregard your mother's concern about your welfare, especially now that your aunt corroborates your mum's position in the matter? (mind you that they may have both planned it together but it still doesn't matter IMO as their aim is to convince you beyond reasonable doubt)

Do you think you have to be selfish in your choices not minding how it rubs off of your family and especially your mum? (She may be worried that she won't be free with in-laws from other tribes as she would have loved to do if it were people of her own culture and extract, having in mind that mothers see their first son as their own little husband which they wouldn't want lose)

If your answers to those are in the negative, then you may need to listen to your mum not minding the inconveniences to you. It doesn't mean your manly attribute is being compromised but it actually is wisdom in handling issues.

No

Yes...this lady is the love of my life, we been on for 5 years

No

No

Yes.... It's my life, it's OK to be selfish

So much wisdom in your write up, can u please rate me base on my answer
Re: ‘Family Cut Me Off Because I Married A Woman On Wheelchair’ by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jan 19, 2017
Wiseandtrue:

His personality is different now. We all can't be the same. The bone of contention here is his commitments to a physically challenged person, the patience, the love... Can you do that

daa one na true sha, each to his own.
As per ur qweshun, I neva no.

1 Like

Re: ‘Family Cut Me Off Because I Married A Woman On Wheelchair’ by danbrowndmf(m): 12:55am On Jan 20, 2017
prettythicksme:
wow wow wow wow wow wow nice one
why the wow wow? you be ambulance? grin
Re: ‘Family Cut Me Off Because I Married A Woman On Wheelchair’ by makydebbie(f): 9:11am On Jan 20, 2017
Jay542:

A woman can also do that.
Don't tell me, you didn't get my post. I was just saying the difference between a man and a boy.
Re: ‘Family Cut Me Off Because I Married A Woman On Wheelchair’ by makydebbie(f): 9:12am On Jan 20, 2017
karleone:

From the depth of your heart, if a man on a wheelchair ask you out, will you accept his proposal??

Please, think before you give your reply.
And ensure you reply me.
It depends on the circumstances.
Re: ‘Family Cut Me Off Because I Married A Woman On Wheelchair’ by olasamuel006: 1:30pm On Feb 01, 2017
1metre:
be reasonable son...I wonder how many of u pass exams
you seems like one of the silly children of baby factories...I can't trade words with fools like you
Re: ‘Family Cut Me Off Because I Married A Woman On Wheelchair’ by olasamuel006: 1:34pm On Feb 01, 2017
ashala:

Tah mechie onu. No wonder you made a 3rd class in school, you don't read the story properly. When the guy started dating her, they were both students and poor. Read again dumb Man!
you must be very stupid for that stupid comments and then I wouldnt like to trade words with fools from the baby factories.......and also I will not want to read from you going forward..
Re: ‘Family Cut Me Off Because I Married A Woman On Wheelchair’ by ashala(m): 6:15pm On Feb 01, 2017
olasamuel006:
you must be very stupid for that stupid comments and then I wouldnt like to trade words with fools from the baby factories.......and also I will not want to read from you going forward..

tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Lady Frying Garri & Everyone Is Calling Her Wife Material / In Search Of Long Lost Dad / Husbands Of Groom And Brides Moms Whos Dressing Got People Talking Spark Reacti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.