Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,953 members, 7,838,399 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers (67223 Views)

Plateau: How Nigerian Govt Encourage Murderers – Amnesty International / Victor Banjo, The Yoruba Biafran Soldier: What You Don't Know About The Lt. Col. / January 15,1966 Coup:conversation Between Lt.col Pam And His Murderers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by Confirmer(m): 8:34pm On Jan 15, 2017
chinedu234:
I will advise our young ones to make efforts to read books on Nigeria Biafra conflict . Apart from the ones written by Madiebo and Obasanjo that can be described as partisan, there is an account by Frederick Forsyth. These accounts and others will actually make us have better views of what transpired in the sixties. As we know it,better knowledge assures us of better understanding and appropriate reasoning with the ultimate goal of well considered and balanced output. The above article is not adequate for the formation of a well considered opinion.
Kindly get me the e copy of these books. I have searched google tire.
Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by Odingo1: 8:34pm On Jan 15, 2017
ChimuchiYola:

what a way to summarize it... over 3 million ibos died as a resultant effect of these coup plotters.

I wept, please modath this ur summary will make me fall in love with you..

Bash Kala
3million Ibos died,OK,why not 6millon so that it will make you to be more happy shocked shocked cool shocked sad

1 Like

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by Ugomba(m): 8:34pm On Jan 15, 2017
NIGERIA CAN NEVER BE A DEVELOPED COUNTRY.
COME AND DEVELOP AND LET US SEE. NEMESIS WILL CATCH UP WITH THIS CURSED COUNTRY.
1914 BE CURSED!
THE NORTH WILL REMAIN CURSED!
THE HAUSA: A HAMITIC UNCIRCUMSISED CURSED PEOPLE BY NOAH, I PITY THEM.
NZEOGWU IS A HERO.
EWU NA EBE AKWA!

3 Likes

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by xpool(m): 8:34pm On Jan 15, 2017
Ddaji:
By Tony Egbulefu

http://leadership.ng/news/567209/january-15-1966-coup-conversation-between-lt-col-pam-and-his-murderers

Major Chukwuka, who had rather become impatient began to march Lt Col Pam out of his home but not without first advising him to put on a coat because it was the harmattan season and was cold outside.

Upon discovery that it was Lt Col JY Pam who was under guard, Major Chukwuka expressed surprise that Lt Col Pam has not been eliminated.

Please I don't follow the story, How can Major Chukwuka who arrested Lt. Col Pam be surprised that Pam has not been eliminated?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by diogonwa(f): 8:35pm On Jan 15, 2017
laudate:

Altered in what way? Please tell us what was altered, when it was altered and by whom?! When it comes to the anniversary of the date Ironsi died, you would see similar threads sponsored by the Igbo bemoaning the fate of their late general, on the front page. The mods are only giving equal opportunities to all parties. Chikena! sad
So we should kill ourselves?,all am trying to say is that we have serious problems like poverty and bokoharam...these men are dead but poverty and bokoharam is real btw am not supporting anybody just want one developed Nigeria
Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by sukkot: 8:35pm On Jan 15, 2017
Eledan:

Absolutely no doubt about that. He tipped of his boys to go after Pam before he could inform and rally round Northern troops to subvert the coup.
He was a clever snake though,
thats why theophilus danjuma stripped that snake na-ked and caned him with bulala before shooting his snake ass. that danjuma is a gangsta. i like that nigga cheesy

5 Likes

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jan 15, 2017
Orikinla1:
Igbo's, Hausa's and Yoruba's were among the soldiers with Major Kaduna Nzeogwu.
He said they were fully armed and would have shot him if they were against the coup d'etat.
Only ignorant idiots called it "Igbo" coup.

You are naive, the most important battles on the Biafran side was led by Victor Banjo, a Yoruba. He led the invasion of the mid west and was only stopped at Ore, does that make it less of an ibo invasion?

8 Likes

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by Omonigeriarere: 8:38pm On Jan 15, 2017
omofunaab:
If only these coup plotters had not executed that coup, maybe they won't have been retaliation by the northern soldiers and also those pogroms against the igbos in the north might have been avoided. There won't have been a biafran war and maybe we won't have heard of major adekunle.

Nigeria was better when we operated a regional system of government until ironsi changed it to unitary system, Now these politicians don't want to revert back to the regional system that Awolowo, azikwe agreed on, they can't share more powers with the states.

Maybe if ironsi had punished the coup plotters, maybe the northerners won't have retaliated

You made a valid point. The irony of it is that Igbos are still crying 'marginalisation' and 'true federalism' now and then, but they have forgotten that it was their 'bloder' who forcefully enforced the 'fake federalism' we are practising till date on Nigerians.

10 Likes

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by Odingo1: 8:38pm On Jan 15, 2017
Eledan:

Absolutely no doubt about that. He tipped of his boys to go after Pam before he could inform and rally round Northern troops to subvert the coup.
He was a clever snake though,
He is bad,
Buhari did the same thing and today he is a saint and hero to some people.
Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by Eledan: 8:38pm On Jan 15, 2017
sukkot:
thats why theophilus danjuma stripped that snake na-ked and caned him with bulala before shooting his snake ass. that danjuma is a gangsta. i like that nigga cheesy

He knew what he was doing, that was despite all the pressure to try and punish the killers of Jan 66, he refused anc kept them in Easterner region where he knew they were safe. He was part and parcel of the first coup and therefore deserved the cruel death he got.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by Jaycool18(m): 8:38pm On Jan 15, 2017
Odingo1:

They are still are and you guys are afraid of them leaving to stay on their own
I wonder oooo
Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by sukkot: 8:39pm On Jan 15, 2017
saintmark88:
These igbo guys wanted to dominate every other tribe in Nigeria, thts d reason they carried out this coup, they started this while tin, when it backfired they started crying marginalization, same tin during d war, after all d rubbish they did, when Fed hand meet dem they started shouting marginalization, same tin they r still doing today, wen GEJ was president, dey never complained of marginalization, immediately he lost, they started again with d cry.

So it's obvious they want to dominate and wen dey can't they will cry marginalization and biafra....

They carried out d coup and thought it was over, but they didn't know they had dug their own grave, dem no know say we're their craze stop Na I'm Hausa man own start
lol hausa grin
Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by HeGeMon(m): 8:39pm On Jan 15, 2017
The one Ojukwu told u people? Were u there?
DIKEnaWAR:
The person that narrated this tale was he there? Is this not that type of tale that Obasanjo and Co humour us with?

4 Likes

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by nwabobo: 8:39pm On Jan 15, 2017
Dedetwo:

In most cases, the down fall of a man is usually traced to his deeds. It is unfortunate that the narrator of the above junk did not find the need to elaborate on Col Pam’s participation in the political crisis known as Tiv Riots. A soldier of Col Pam’s caliber should not have allowed himself to be drawn into tribal politics of northern region of Nigeria in particular and Nigeria in general. There was nothing about exemplary quality on the part of Lt Col James Pam when he commanded 5th Battalion whose units were tasked to quell Tiv riot of 1964. In practical terms, Lt Col James Pam was one of the willing tools Ahamdu Bello frequently referred in his hateful speeches of 1960 Nigeria.

Not everybody will understand this bro.

1 Like

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by Eledan: 8:40pm On Jan 15, 2017
Odingo1:

He is bad,
Buhari did the same thing and today he is a saint and hero to some people.

Who ever considered anyone that participate in bloodletting coup need his head examined
Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by xpool(m): 8:40pm On Jan 15, 2017
seunmsg:

The invading soldiers had come face-to-face with her husband, Lt Col Pam, led by a man very familiar to him, Major (HC) Humphrey Chukwuka, his second-in-command, and Deputy Adjutant General (DAG)1 whom Major Benjamin Adekunle who was DAG 2 had earlier warned him to beware of and Major Anuforo.

This is the height of treachery. Shame on Major Chukwuka and other treacherous murderers who betrayed the trust of their seniors during the needless Ibo coup of January, 1966.

Do not fail to say so to Gen. I.B.B. who did same to Buhari's govt. on Tuesday 27 of August 1985.

1 Like

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by Odingo1: 8:40pm On Jan 15, 2017
Omonigeriarere:

You made a valid point. The irony of it is that Igbos are still crying 'marginalisation' and 'true federalism' now and then, but they have forgotten that it was their 'bloder' who forcefully enforced the 'fake federalism' we are practising till date on Nigerians.
Gowon did that not Ironsi,read your history well man smiley wink

1 Like

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by johntolu: 8:41pm On Jan 15, 2017
[color=#006600][/color]
TonyeBarcanista:
Why are people bashing Igbo tribe?

Fine, what the officers of Igbo extraction and their collaborators did was evil and act of wickedness, it is still not enough to blame an entire tribe...

On a serious note, those officers that perpetrated the coup of Jan 1966 are curse to humanity.

Whoever that defends them is also a curse

I agree with you entirely, my brother.
The list of the coup plotters 'defenders', after the coup, include, Sen. Nwafor Oritzu,
the Senate President, who transfered power to Gen. Ironsi.
Gen. Ironsi, the major beneficiary of the coup, who refused to court-martial the mutineers,
but instead, chose to transfer them to safety, in Enugu, far away from the reach of the victims
of the mutineers, in the North and Western part of the country.
President Nnamdi Azikwe, who hailed the coup plotters as 'our young Turks'
after the coup, from his safe haven, in the Bahamas, where he has gone on a
'medical vacation' before the coup and only came back to the country after the coup.
The Igbo political class, who saw no harm in the way the political and military leadership
of the North and Western region were wiped off by their kinsmen in the military.

8 Likes

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by segola7(m): 8:41pm On Jan 15, 2017
hmmm. for better news joor http://betternewsblog.com
Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jan 15, 2017
Ugomba:
NIGERIA CAN NEVER BE A DEVELOPED COUNTRY.
COME AND DEVELOP AND LET US SEE. NEMESIS WILL CATCH UP WITH THIS CURSED COUNTRY.
1914 BE CURSED!
THE NORTH WILL REMAIN CURSED!
THE HAUSA: A HAMITIC UNCIRCUMSISED CURSED PEOPLE BY NOAH, I PITY THEM.
NZEOGWU IS A HERO.
EWU NA EBE AKWA!

Nzeogwu was a cold blooded murderer, you don't need to kill off the leaders of other ethnic groups just to "stamp out tribalism, nepotism and regionalism" like he said.
I believe his main target was the Sarduana of Sokoto.

7 Likes

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by ettybaba(m): 8:42pm On Jan 15, 2017
superstar1:
If I talk now, MODs will ban me again.

Ojukwus and Osus affinity for shedding of blood is well documented.
See the ugly thing.

1 Like

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by Ugomba(m): 8:46pm On Jan 15, 2017
Aigbofa:

Nzeogwu was a cold blooded murderer, you don't need to kill off the leaders of other ethnic groups just to "stamp out tribalism, nepotism and regionalism" like he said.
I believe his main target was the Sarduana of Sokoto.
NIGERIA IS CURSED AND CAN NEVER DEVELOPED.
NZEOGWU IS A HERO, THE NORTH CAN CRY ME A RIVER.
HAUSAS ARE CURSED HAMITES.
I PITY THEM.
EWU NA EBE AKWA

4 Likes

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by ebenholer(m): 8:47pm On Jan 15, 2017
Hmmm...This country was formed out of conflicts and negativity...I bet it with you all, we are meant to part for good now. We are no more compatible at all to stay together. Please let us all agree and get segregated into country of six Republic, we are due for that now. I think this will ensure better peace.
Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by ImperialYoruba: 8:48pm On Jan 15, 2017
wickyyolo:

ABi Awolowo ?

Read History.
Yoruba are betrayals

How many people has Yoruba sneaked into their household and infront of their family and little children killed them in coldblood? NONE!

How many people has Ibo sneaked in upon in the dead of night and shot them right in front of their family while the children are pleading "uncle, please dont kill our daddy" ? MANY!

Those who opened their households to you and their wives prepared meal for you and their children called you uncle....you walked in on them like thief in the night and snuffed out their lives.

Tell me about betrayal and treachery. Lets compare Yoruba and Ibo side by side and who carries trophy of betrayal and treachery.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by Odingo1: 8:49pm On Jan 15, 2017
sukkot:
What is happening in the middle belt till today since that time he helped his Fulani masters to get back to power, the same scenario is playing out in SW today after helping to installed Buhari,instead of you been happy at the event of more than 50years ago,you should rather look at the event of today and laugh at it or cry OK.

2 Likes

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by Qelvin(m): 8:49pm On Jan 15, 2017
ImperialYoruba:

So what Yorubas were in the coup. It still remains an Ibo coup,for the same reason Biafra is an Ibo war even though Banjo was one of its officers.

What does it prove that three Yorubas are in the coup,does that justify why Ibos killed Ekoti Eboh,Maimalari,Largema, Pam, Akintola, Balewa, Ademulegun, Bello and many others?

We are yet to see anyone killed by these Yorubas in the coup. In fact you forgot to mention that Nzeogwu also recruited Hausa soldiers and the mortar used to shell Bello's residence were indeed fired by the Hausas.

It is Ibo coup and you all got wiped out for it. Learn your lesson and dont repeat. Ok?
Mor.on it does prove alot that 3 or more yorubas for all we know were involved in the thick of the coup, 3 soldiers could have had a kill ratio unimaginably higher between them so yes as long as those 3 yoruba or so soldiers marched in the cold winter of January '66 and joined their Igbo colleagues in the killing spree..they represent the whole yoruba nation by measure of association...nice logic right? it's just as mundane as your lots blaming the actions of some Igbo soldiers on an entire tribe...so the number of coup participants based on tribe shouldn't count after all going by that same logic! And 3 million lives that perished in the Biafran war surely weren't "wiped " out in vain...fast forward to today, far more Nigerians have also perished in the name of the same One Nigeria...look no further than Boko haram today and all the disasters that have plagued Nigeria since the post Civil War era

4 Likes

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by logica(m): 8:50pm On Jan 15, 2017
raumdeuter:

Of all the people killed in the coup mention with evidence killed by the Yoruba soldiers

Lol. Did you just see where he claimed Ademoyega killed Unegbe?
Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jan 15, 2017
Ugomba:
NIGERIA IS CURSED AND CAN NEVER DEVELOPED.
NZEOGWU IS A HERO, THE NORTH CAN CRY ME A RIVER.
HAUSAS ARE CURSED HAMITES.
I PITY THEM.
EWU NA EBE AKWA

Nigeria was not cursed, if Nzeogwu believed he had a superior argument as to what direction Nigeria should go he could have taken off his uniform and run for office rather than killing so many people to achieve his aims.
His actions are directly related to a lot of political and social problems we have today.

6 Likes

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by irynterri(f): 8:51pm On Jan 15, 2017
Wow, so sad reading this story, I hope his kids and wife are in good health, but one thing I observed was that the men in control of the country then we're all young and probably the same age with these tribalistic folks arguing stupidly on these forum instead of thinking if how to get their country back from this old generation that are still leading now

2 Likes

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by enemyofprogress: 8:52pm On Jan 15, 2017
Kenzico:
The Events of 1966 coup has major scar on Nigerian politics.

R.I.P Major Pam.

I pity his wife and Family back then

IGBOs spilled the first blood

cry cry
please tell them

2 Likes

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by mightyhazell: 8:54pm On Jan 15, 2017
malton:

One or two Yoruba men being among the mutineers doesn't make it any less an Igbo coup. Those guys were Yoruba only by name. They were Igbo at heart, through association. People like that can kill their kith and kin just to further their associates' cause.

It was a coup plotted and orchestrated by your progenitors for their own selfish gains.

Isn't it funny that a tribe which had army officers that had advanced so far in ranks could still claim that she was being marginalized?

Till date, they still carry that victim mentality on their heads like galla.

What I find most funny is that you people often turn history on its head and label the Yorubas 'treacherous backstabbers'... If what transpired as narrated above isn't treachery, then I wonder what is.
not one or two oga,..!b

Google lietenant olafimihan,lieutenant fola oyewole, capt ganiyu adeleke,major ademoyega,col victor banjo etc etc. It wasn't an 'ibo' coup like green snakes wud want us 2 believe

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Jonathan And Buhari Images In 1977: Compare And Contrast / Rivers Converts Site Of Demolished Hotel To Primary School / Folasade Tinubu-Ojo Protests Against APC Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.