Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,084 members, 7,842,102 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers (67261 Views)

Plateau: How Nigerian Govt Encourage Murderers – Amnesty International / Victor Banjo, The Yoruba Biafran Soldier: What You Don't Know About The Lt. Col. / January 15,1966 Coup:conversation Between Lt.col Pam And His Murderers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by Montaque(m): 8:54pm On Jan 15, 2017
The young mutineers had it as their mission to purge the young country of stinking corruption. However drastic they intended it, They went about it in the wrong way. Now, the effect of their action has caused distrust among nigerians especially our youths, who now crave to purge the country of corruption, but will always be judged on the basis of their religion and tribe.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by logica(m): 8:56pm On Jan 15, 2017
xpool:

Please I don't follow the story, How can Major Chukwuka who arrested Lt. Col Pam be surprised that Pam has not been eliminated?
That was an error. It was supposed to be Major Anuforo.
Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jan 15, 2017
ImperialYoruba:

How many people has Yoruba sneaked into their household and infront of their family and little children killed them in coldblood? NONE!

How many people has Ibo sneaked in upon in the dead of night and shot them right in front of their family while the children are pleading "uncle, please dont kill our daddy" ? MANY!

Those who opened their households to you and their wives prepared meal for you and their children called you uncle....you walked in on them like thief in the night and snuffed out their lives.

Tell me about betrayal and treachery. Lets compare Yoruba and Ibo side by side and who carries trophy of betrayal and treachery.

That is called treachery and don't forget Azikiwe was tipped off by Ifeajuna who was probably related to him. Azikiwe who was the president slyly left Nigeria and left Balewa his prime minister to his fate! That is treachery right there.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by sukkot: 8:57pm On Jan 15, 2017
Odingo1:

What is happening in the middle belt till today since that time he helped his Fulani masters to get back to power, the same scenario is playing out in SW today after helping to installed Buhari,instead of you been happy at the event of more than 50years ago,you should rather look at the event of today and laugh at it or cry OK.
he got rewarded handsomely for his exploits. the ' fulani masters ' gave him oyel bloc . now the man is a gazzilionaire.

2 Likes

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by logica(m): 8:58pm On Jan 15, 2017
Montaque:
The young mutineers had it as their mission to purge the young country of stinking corruption.
Are you aware of the corruption charge Major Okafor had faced? Are you aware that his career was rescued (as he should have been dishonorably dismissed) by his boss (Maimalari) whom he later murdered?

5 Likes

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by kettle84(m): 8:59pm On Jan 15, 2017
waledeji:
Truly, Ibos are the root cause of Nigeria problems undecided
continue wallowing in lies and deceit
Gowon,Danjuma,Obj ,IBB,Abacha and Buhari are the slayers of this dammed British contraption of an experiment that expired in 2014 .
Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by Ugomba(m): 8:59pm On Jan 15, 2017
hausa can cry me a river. look at the North. it is cursed. dirty hamitic tribe.
Ewu na ebe akwa.
Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by Qelvin(m): 9:00pm On Jan 15, 2017
Aigbofa:

You are naive, the most important battles on the Biafran side was led by Victor Banjo, a Yoruba. He led the invasion of the mid west and was only stopped at Ore, does that make it less of an ibo invasion?
The most important battle of Biafra surely wasn't the Midwest invasion sir, that was only a diversionary tactics to draw Nigerian troops away from mounting pressure on Enugu in the Northern sector of Biafra, and there were far more capable Biafran officers like Achuzia who came from the Midwest that would have led that invasion...Ojukwu for rather strange reasons that could have been for political aim settled for a yoruba of all people...he perhaps trusted Banjo too much since they were said to friends. And Banjo wasn't "stopped" at Ore, at the time the Biafrans had the momentum and could have advanced to Lagos as the road to Lagos was not defended...but of course Banjo halted the advance on the pretext of "consulting his sources in Lagos" and thus delayed the advance by some 48 hours which was just enough to buy the federal troops time to counter attack...but then one could hardly blame Banjo for doing what he did, he was Yoruba after all and it was only logical that he won't attack his own region in order not to be deemed a traitor. Had Ojukwu given command of the Midwest to a Biafran, notably of Midwest origin like Colonel Achuzia or Nwawo (two very capable officers who played vital roles in heroically defending Bjafra) the story would have been different...maybe just maybe, Biafra would have toppled the Gowon government in Dodan barracks and forced Nigeria to the negotiation table...if there was any miscalulation on Ojukwus part..it will be this one.

2 Likes

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by Ugomba(m): 9:02pm On Jan 15, 2017
A USELESS CURSED COUNTRY THAT CAN NEVER DEVELOP. MY CANADA VISA IS READY,

1 Like

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by Odingo1: 9:03pm On Jan 15, 2017
sukkot:
he got rewarded handsomely for his exploits. the ' fulani masters ' gave him oyel bloc . now the man is a gazzilionaire.
Selfish gain at the expense of millions of middle beltans been massacred in cold blood to the extent that Danjuma with his billions cannot visit his village and sleep there but remain stucked in Abuja forever

1 Like

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by logica(m): 9:03pm On Jan 15, 2017
Orikinla1:
Igbo's, Hausa's and Yoruba's were among the soldiers with Major Kaduna Nzeogwu.
He said they were fully armed and would have shot him if they were against the coup d'etat.
Only ignorant idiots called it "Igbo" coup.
FYI, Nzeogwu shot and killed Adegoke (one of the boys he commanded). These were young men following the orders of their superior who had lied to them that they were going on a field (training) exercise. What else can they possibly do but follow orders?

2 Likes

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by charlesucheh(m): 9:06pm On Jan 15, 2017
Odingo1:

They are still are and you guys are afraid of them leaving to stay on their own
wait o!!!! e be like say you don dey smoke who follow this IPOB monkey talk

1 Like

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jan 15, 2017
Qelvin:

The most important battle of Biafra surely wasn't the Midwest invasion sir, that was only a diversionary tactics to draw Nigerian troops away from mounting pressure on Enugu in the Northern sector of Biafra, and there were far more capable Biafran officers like Achuzia who came from the Midwest that would have led that invasion...Ojukwu for rather strange reasons that could have been for political aim settled for a yoruba of all people...he perhaps trusted Banjo too much since they were said to friends. And Banjo wasn't "stopped" at Ore, at the time the Biafrans had the momentum and could have advanced to Lagos as the road to Lagos was not defended...but of course Banjo halted the advance on the pretext of "consulting his sources in Lagos" and thus delayed the advance by some 48 hours which was just enough to buy the federal troops time to counter attack...but then one could hardly blame Banjo for doing what he did, he was Yoruba after all and it was only logical that he won't attack his own region in order not to be deemed a traitor. Had Ojukwu given command of the Midwest to a Biafran, notably of Midwest origin like Colonel Achuzia or Nwawo (two very capable officers who played vital roles in heroically defending Bjafra) the story would have been different...maybe just maybe, Biafra would have toppled the Gowon government in Dodan barracks and forced Nigeria to the negotiation table...if there was any miscalulation on Ojukwus part..it will be this one.

Yours is the Biafran version of course. The Biafrans led by Banjo were brutally defeated at Ore, that is the true version. The mid west was already in the hands of the Biafrans and the main road to Lagos was not defended? I bet uncle Uche told you this story.

8 Likes

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by Emjay1310(m): 9:06pm On Jan 15, 2017
I really love history. Seeing this account alone is making me begin to really see the extend of our divide as a country. If we don't restructure this country and make it a confederated state, we won't move. USA's states are nearly independent and that is why they are progressing. Ours, because of so many differences, we have to decentralize power to make progress. Make our legislature and army very standard as possible. Else nothing for us. God help our country.

4 Likes

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by Eledan: 9:06pm On Jan 15, 2017
Ugomba:
look at a mumu from a dirty ugly tribe. dont comoare ur smelling body with the Igbos again, we are Not ugly swines.

You are untrained and highly crude. Somehow you resorted to insult simply because you are completely bereft of intelligence to engage the guy.

3 Likes

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by laudate: 9:07pm On Jan 15, 2017
logica:
Are you aware of the corruption charge Major Okafor had faced? Are you aware that his career was rescued (as he should have been dishonorably dismissed) by his boss (Maimalari) whom he later murdered?

I heard about this, too! shocked Please can you provide the name of the book where it was documented? Thanks. undecided

1 Like

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by logica(m): 9:08pm On Jan 15, 2017
Qelvin:

Ojukwu for rather strange reasons that could have been for political aim settled for a yoruba of all people...he perhaps trusted Banjo too much since they were said to friends. And Banjo wasn't "stopped" at Ore, at the time the Biafrans had the momentum and could have advanced to Lagos as the road to Lagos was not defended...
Lol. Ojukwu and Banjo friends? Indeed cats and rats can be friends. Look, Ojukwu sent Banjo on a suicide mission. He knew getting to Lagos via land was impossible. He sent him to his death; same way he sent Nzeogwu to his death. He eliminated perceived rivals and consolidated power even at the cost of weakening his forces.

2 Likes

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by dsocioemmy(m): 9:08pm On Jan 15, 2017
Hmmmmm somethings are better left unsaid
Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by Eledan: 9:09pm On Jan 15, 2017
Ugomba:
A USELESS CURSED COUNTRY THAT CAN NEVER DEVELOP.
MY CANADA VISA IS READY,

Why not Ivory Coast? That is where the legendary coward ran to.

5 Likes

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by sukkot: 9:10pm On Jan 15, 2017
Odingo1:

Selfish gain at the expense of millions of middle beltans been massacred in cold blood to the extent that Danjuma with his billions cannot visit his village and sleep there but remain stucked in Abuja forever
people still visit their village in 2017 ? you better upgrade your mindset. nobody cares about village. the city is where its at. smiley
Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by Brugo(m): 9:11pm On Jan 15, 2017
The bitter truth about Igbos. First to spill blood, first to play the victim.

11 Likes

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by Eledan: 9:11pm On Jan 15, 2017
laudate:

I heard about this, too! shocked Please can you provide the name of the book where it was documented? Thanks. undecided

That was well documented. He killed his benefactor Maimalari that saved his job after he was caught stealing money from the Army, thr same way Nzeogwu killed his own benefactor the Sardauna. These guys have treachery written on their blood veins.
They sowed the seed of distrust in Nigeria

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by Montaque(m): 9:12pm On Jan 15, 2017
logica:

Yes, am aware of his row with Corp. Magaji and his stealing of his men's funds.
That's also how most Nigerians speaking against corruption today, are in some way corrupt, especially the youths. Cos you can't pass through many line without soiling your hands, yet you believe that its because of the system allowed by the leaders that pushed u into being corrupt. Talk of paying bribe for admission, jobs, contracts, while at the same time blaming Presidents both past and present for keeping us in a corrupt system.

1 Like

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by Eledan: 9:14pm On Jan 15, 2017
Ugomba:
u must be from the north. dirty and cursed Hamites.
*spit on the ground*
you will continue to be gateman,nailcutter,sugarcane seller , etc to the igbos.
miserable and wretched elements

As usual that is all you will be able to come up with, insults!
Lacking in intelligence, utterly deficient in finesse.
SMH

4 Likes

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by AnanseK(m): 9:16pm On Jan 15, 2017
Qelvin:
A bunch of perhaps misguided military boys took the law into their own hands and decided to terminate the lives of their colleagues, truth is I would never know what got into Nzeogwu l's head to mastermind that infamous January coup...most of us weren't born then so we can only read about it from accounts of others who saw it all (and trust the stories will be riddled with half truths and inconsistent lies), so we can bash an entire ethnic group for the January coup, but it will border on sheer idiocy and hypocrisy to think the subsequent coups that happened in Nigeria weren't as bloody and merciless in its executions as the one in 1966, and that surely didn't justify the massacres of defenceless and innocent Igbo civilians all over Nigeria...but hey the great Igbo race paid the price for the misadventures of some soldiers, we have licked out wounds and moved on, today Nigeria remains a cess spit of decadence and I'm pretty sure Igbos aren't to blame for it this time.

All I just pray for right now is that my people leave Nigeria and find the much needed peace and serenity that we so need, the rest can kill each other there...it must happen in my lifetime,even if blood will have to be she'd again, I will proudly sacrifice mine for my children to enjoy their peace.

Crocodile tears, no one will ever trust igbos. You can go anytime you chose to.

2 Likes

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by Eledan: 9:16pm On Jan 15, 2017
Ugomba:
nobody 4rm ur wretched family can afford a visa to ivory coast talk more of canada.

More insults. grin
You are behaving like the caged Nnamdi Kanu now.

2 Likes

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by logica(m): 9:18pm On Jan 15, 2017
laudate:

If you do a Google search, you will find articles mentioning how he embezzled funds from a lottery for his juniors. I have posted this on Nairaland before.

1 Like

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by AminuRano87(m): 9:18pm On Jan 15, 2017
NCP:
And they think they can Rule Again. I prefer an Ibibio or Ijaw over this Bloodletting tribe.

Ironsi was fully aware of the Coup going by the conversation between Pam and Ironsi.
yes Ironsi Was just pretending.
He is likely aware of the coup.

1 Like

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by Ugomba(m): 9:21pm On Jan 15, 2017
Eledan:

As usual that is all you will be able to come up with, insults! Lacking in intelligence, utterly deficient in finesse. SMH
stop disturbing my mention. the NORTH WILL FOREVER REMAIN CURSED. NOT MY FAULT. NOAH CURSED U HAMITES.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Police At Hospital Where Yusuf Buhari Is Being Treated (Photo) / Kano People Refused To Welcome Tinubu After Collecting Our Money - APC Chieftain / Ojo Maduekwe Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.