Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,145 members, 7,852,914 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 08:19 AM

January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers (67338 Views)

Plateau: How Nigerian Govt Encourage Murderers – Amnesty International / Victor Banjo, The Yoruba Biafran Soldier: What You Don't Know About The Lt. Col. / January 15,1966 Coup:conversation Between Lt.col Pam And His Murderers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by onedayatime(m): 9:45pm On Jan 15, 2017
zendy:
I think it is really stupid for anyobe to say that what a few Igbo officers did on the 15th of July 1966 represents the entire Igbo nation. Where these officers acting on behalf of the Igbo nation? So why call it an Igbo coup? What ethnic group were Major Ademoyega, Captain Adeleke and Lt Oyewole who all participated in the coup? I will never support a coup plotter but people should stop distorting issues. It was not an Igbo coup because the the coupists had no mandate from the Igbo nation to conduct any coup.

Where these officers acting on behalf of the Igbo nation? Yes, they did.

So why call it an Igbo coup? It is called Igbo coup because all Igbos marked for death were never execute except for one man and no coup was stage in the east. Azikiwe was tipped about the coup.

It was not an Igbo coup because the the coupists had no mandate from the Igbo nation to conduct any coup. A lie, why? Eastern premier then welcome one of the coup plotters by helping him escaped to Ghana and also Ironsi did nothing to the coup plotters.

thank you and God bless you

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by Qelvin(m): 9:47pm On Jan 15, 2017
AnanseK:

Crocodile tears, no one will ever trust igbos. You can go anytime you chose to.
Your trust doesn't add a dime to my account or any Igbo for that matter , So you and your people are inconsequential.

2 Likes

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jan 15, 2017
I am full of compassion for those who met untimely death in the coup. But I don't believe this narrative one bit. It was carefully crafted to place Ironsi as part of the coup plot. That is the central message the narrator is conveying. It is good that all sides tell their story but knitting a web of lies will not help anyone. I know the heart of my hateful brothers. Why have they not come with this dimension of the events all these years. Why wait till today. The idea of roping Ironsi is only an after thought. People should be on the lookout. Revisionists are on the prowl.

3 Likes

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by xpool(m): 9:52pm On Jan 15, 2017
logica:
That was an error. It was supposed to be Major Anuforo.
Error from who?
Was it an error from the person allegedly executed, or from the coup plotters, or the writer who was not there, or the OP who was not born then?

1 Like

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by MK15real: 9:54pm On Jan 15, 2017
Even a layman would know that the Igbo tribe is the cause of Nigerian problems....also with their 419 activities and the introduction of fake products into Nigeria. It is because of them Nigerians are hated abroad.

7 Likes

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by Eledan: 9:55pm On Jan 15, 2017
Ugomba:
stop disturbing my mention.
the NORTH WILL FOREVER REMAIN CURSED. NOT MY FAULT. NOAH CURSED U HAMITES.

You god is a toothless god that can't harm a soul

1 Like

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by logica(m): 9:56pm On Jan 15, 2017
xpool:

Error from who?
Was it an error from the person allegedly executed, or from the coup plotters, or the writer who was not there, or the OP who was not born then?
From the writer. You can insinuate whatever you wish, but the murders carried out that night were properly and well investigated by the Nigerian Police of the era (who were well trained officials).
Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by gbegemaster(m): 9:56pm On Jan 15, 2017
This post will only bring tribal wars. Don't know why the mods will allow this.

1 Like

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by Odingo1: 9:57pm On Jan 15, 2017
xpool:

[b]It is a shame how you deny your yoruba brothers, you will also deny FAJUYI; you may be less yoruba than they are!
I am Igboman, and I can not by any reason deny the fact that it was an Igbo coup that featured the present south-west and south-south.
Any Igbo person that denies that, is really a coward.
We are a very ambitious people, the 1966, January coup in my humble opinion, was the worst mistake we had ever made as a people.
The coup might have been successful on the short run, but it was a total failure on the long run, because we did not make wide consultations, we failed to consolidate on the success of the coup which we had on our palm, it was ours to loose.
It was like winning a football match by 4:0 in 25 minutes, and loosing the match at the end of 90 minutes : IT WAS A HEIGHT OF INEFFICIENCY AND LACK OF UNITY , TRUST, WISDOM, AND COHESION AMONG IGBOS.
And I am 'soooo' afraid we have not learnt anything, from the failed coup of Jan. 1966 and the reprisal hausa/nothern coup of July, 1966, the civil war, the various unprovoked massacre of Igbos in various parts of nigeria.

We shout that we want Biafra, yet none of our politicians is involved in the BELIEF; No Igbo Governor, Senator, House Rep., State Assembly member, minister, Commissioner, state or federal political party executive or seasoned Igbo business mogul, covertly or overtly is an Advocate of Biafra.

I agree Biafra is the Devine-Wish and Will of majority of Igbos, yet when elections come this same majority will go to the polling units on every election and vote for the Igbos that do not support the will of the Longest Trending Igbo Will.

I am an advocate of Peace and political FORMATTING of Nigeria.[/b]
[/b]You are not sensible enough to know that Igbo nation did not send the coup plotters on their behalf[b],people living in eastern Nigeria don't know what is happening in Nigeria capital Lagos as of then,just get sense and stop writing trash about few officers action against the whole tribe, [/b]did Fulani people send Fulani herdsmen to go about the whole country killing people[b].
Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by Zedoo(m): 9:58pm On Jan 15, 2017
Kenzico:
The Events of 1966 coup has major scar on Nigerian politics.

R.I.P Major Pam.

I pity his wife and Family back then

IGBOs spilled the first blood

cry cry

Ure beyond stupid...if you still dont realize that the aim WAs to kill the most senior men....who by a large number were northeners....

As we can see today, the ruling class is still majorly nothern...

And yes DR PAM, QUICKLY SKIRTED OVER WHAT HAPPENED IN THE RETALIATION COUP... To the joy of people like you....

Dont ever judge a story without knowing the origins
Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by koladebrainiac(m): 9:58pm On Jan 15, 2017
They drew the first blood. Now they should stop crying victim

2 Likes

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by Noblesoul123: 9:58pm On Jan 15, 2017
Kenzico:
The Events of 1966 coup has major scar on Nigerian politics.

R.I.P Major Pam.

I pity his wife and Family back then

IGBOs spilled the first blood

cry cry

Lt. Col not Major
Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by Ugomba(m): 10:02pm On Jan 15, 2017
koladebrainiac:
They drew the first blood. Now they should stop crying victim
we have heard u mr.ape from the famous ugly and dirty tribe in africa.

2 Likes

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by Paretomaster(m): 10:03pm On Jan 15, 2017
Thedrebaba:
The main problem i have observed by the igbos calling Yoruba ( Afonja) Is to try to guilt us into going to wars against (not the northerners) but against Nigeria, some of them have a need for blood and war occasionally. SO TRUE NIGERIANS , BEWARE AND BE READY

That is what they have been doing....looking for partners in crime, opening threads here, and there seeking support of others in their mischief...

5 Likes

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by eminikansoso(m): 10:03pm On Jan 15, 2017
malton:

One or two Yoruba men being among the mutineers doesn't make it any less an Igbo coup. Those guys were Yoruba only by name. They were Igbo at heart, through association. People like that can kill their kith and kin just to further their associates' cause.

It was a coup plotted and orchestrated by your progenitors for their own selfish gains.

Isn't it funny that a tribe which had army officers that had advanced so far in ranks could still claim that she was being marginalized?

Till date, they still carry that victim mentality on their heads like galla.

What I find most funny is that you people often turn history on its head and label the Yorubas 'treacherous backstabbers'... If what transpired as narrated above isn't treachery, then I wonder what is.
Major kaduna Nzeogwu went to his superior officer in the afternoon and ate pounded yam and come for his life in the night. Yet Yorubas are coward and betrayal

7 Likes

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by laudate: 10:08pm On Jan 15, 2017
Qelvin:

Pick up the book called "the Biafran story" by Frederick Forsyth a British journalist who covered the events of the war and read dude, I would rather take the version of a neutral party serious than any source from the Biafran or Nigerian side, the transparency of truth should never be tainted by ethnic sentiments, Biafran troops were not brutally defeated at Ore, the Federal garrison defending Ore was routed, Ore and Okitipupa were firmly in Biafran hands on August 8, 1967, the ofusu bridge had to be blown by retreating Nigerian troops to halt rapid Biafran advance while the main vanguard force of Biafran troops were HALTED by Banjo himself at Ore..countless courses from books written by foreign journalist even confirmed this report! Another book worth reading is the "Brothers war" by John De St Jorre...another journalist who covered the war from both sides, that has to be the most neutral version of the war as it spelled in black and white the true events of the Nigerian civil war.

Forsyth was definitely NOT neutral. He was a hack writer recruited by Ojukwu, to write his biography in the most flattering way possible. So how on earth could he have been objective? This same Forsyth came up a few years later to claim he was an M16 agent at that time, working for the British secret service. The MI6 declined to corroborate his claims. sad

As for the battle at Ore, please read the book written by Godwin Alabi-Isama titled the Tragedy of Victory, for a first hand account of what took place on the Ore battle-field. undecided

4 Likes

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by Eledan: 10:08pm On Jan 15, 2017
eminikansoso:

Major kaduna Nzeogwu went to his superior officer in the afternoon and ate pounded yam and come for his life in the night. Yet Yorubas are coward and betrayal

According to Ibo coup plotters that snuffed off lives of their benevolent superiors

1 Like

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by Thedrebaba: 10:16pm On Jan 15, 2017
Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by Ngokafor(f): 10:16pm On Jan 15, 2017
Eledan:

According to Ibo coup plotters that snuffed off lives of their benevolent superiors

...Mr man go and sleep abeg,Nzeogu or no Nzeogu,your Nigeria is messed up now more than ever..Sooner or later all tribes shall go their seperate ways..You or anyone else crying cannot stop it..its a matter of time.

1 Like

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by Qelvin(m): 10:16pm On Jan 15, 2017
laudate:

Forsyth was definitely NOT neutral. He was a hack writer recruited by Ojukwu, to write his biography in the most flattering way possible. So how on earth could he have been objective? This same Forsyth came up a few years later to claim he was an M16 agent at that time, working for the British secret service. The MI6 declined to corroborate his claims. sad

As for the battle at Ore, please read the book written by Godwin Alabi-Isama titled the Tragedy of Victory, for a first hand account of what took place on the Ore battle-field. undecided
You can believe the version of Alabi Osama, while I take the side of Alexander Madiebo a Biafran general who also saw it all...also read the book written by Madiebo called "The Nigerian revolution and the Biafran war."
Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by ipodstinks: 10:17pm On Jan 15, 2017
Naija9090:

Afonja and their useless propaganda. Every tribe in Nigeria know for a fact that Igbo want to be left alone to be on their own yet you refuse and cry...they want to dominate you? Where is your sense? SMH! Keep trying to paint Igbos bad; it will not work. Other tribes know that afonjas are the cause of every single problem in this country for their indecision to stand on the path of right and truth! Including the big problem we we have now...Buhari, you connived to elect, who has destroyed lives and economy.
clean the water in your eyes first. This story exposed your tribe, you are trying to cover it with afonja dis and dat. Woo to you, you have no point to defend this. You ppl are wicked. Your hatred for yoruba is because you want to dominate others and the yorubas never allowed you, hence the hatred of which yorubas do not give a Bleep to. You. Have been xposed. You ppl are the king of betrayers and the root of nigeria problem.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by laudate: 10:19pm On Jan 15, 2017
Qelvin:
You can believe the version of Alabi Osama, while I take the side of Alexander Madiebo a Biafran general who also saw it all...also read the book written by Madiebo called "The Nigerian revolution and the Biafran war."

Madiebo was NOT on the Ore battle-field, but Godwin Alabi-Isama was there.

7 Likes

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by bomijuwon(m): 10:19pm On Jan 15, 2017
The truth is neither Yorubas, Igbos or the Hausas/Fulanis back then are patriots. The wild fire of the coup has spread and burning our gold. The fire is destroying our souls. We have all lost the place of forgiveness thus healing has eluded us all. Our youths are divided and the country is sold. As fire draws out fire, so pity pity.
Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by OMEGA009(m): 10:20pm On Jan 15, 2017
bigtt76:
His son (one of the twins)

I guess the son followed them into the bush? Abeg make we leave this beer parlour gist
Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by koladebrainiac(m): 10:21pm On Jan 15, 2017
Ugomba:
we have heard u mr.ape from the famous ugly and dirty tribe in africa.
Lmaooo epain ammmm

Victim mentality

7 Likes

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by thinkative: 10:21pm On Jan 15, 2017
effty:
Who was counting the shots biko? Liars everywhere. The only truth is that he was shot.
let's use a practical example. if I shoot you dead now. an autopsy would be carried out and the number of bullet wounds on your body would indicate how many times I shot you. get it?
Lol. make dem no ban me for this stunt oo
. na joke oo

2 Likes

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by Qelvin(m): 10:22pm On Jan 15, 2017
laudate:

And therefore I believe anything that comes out from Alabi-Isama 's camp? while we at it then read Achuzia's own version from his book called "Requiem Biafra" I have it with me right now and it was quite a great read...and Achuzia definitely saw action in the Midwest campaign.
Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by femarse: 10:22pm On Jan 15, 2017
my people perish because they lack knowledge

so many idiot here blaming the coup so many idiot who will never en a book and read for themselves to know what actually happen open their dirty mouth to blame those coup plotters

well for your information that coup of 1966 is the only justified coup in Nigeria
the only time real youth are not happy about the useless balewa govt and they do the necessary things
just so u know, the corruption u heard so much about today had been there since 1960 the NPC outstanding the AG in the West the wetie of 1964 and the govt behaving like nothing is happening the political misnomer of post 1964 election and for your information PAM and co are also corrupt element who enjoy been with the top politician and yes he tip ironsi but not in a way that it was narrated here his tipping of ironsi was the only reason ironsi also escape that fatal death
like I have always said don't read my command by Obasanjo read why we struck from adewale ademoyega then you wi understand the heart of those that plan the coup they are fellow young youth like me and you who see that the only way to clean the nation of this sillyness is clean up those top politician
if not that this world is spoilt pass repair ask yourself all this govt here and there how many of their Ward can ever attend a public school again ?
can u point to one public primary or secondary school that is near anything call standard ?
they are administrator for this institution yet there own kid can not attend the same institution they administer rather it's me and you that had to attend
ironsi was just so lucky to escape death and his escape alone was what dent the good plan those guys have for Nigerians
I salute them and I will forever respect them
I am Yoruba so forget the IBO ish
politicians have been corrupt since 1960 okotie ebo is an Igbo too and was shot without blinking of the eye
you only need to read "WHY WE STRUCK " And you will forget this useless narrative
Obasanjo write some nonsense in MY COMMAND he was well aware of these guy going staging coup but was in India by the time the coup took place he was friend to all the coup plotters and they share room at one point or the other but by December he left the country he never got to know the main plan so forget his shit
u can as well read madeibo book
so forget this three line narrative
get knowledge
all this mad senators govnor president honorable ....one way to end corruption is to o a clean sweep of them all at a go in just one night so the next person that wanna raise bill for election will think twice

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by logica(m): 10:22pm On Jan 15, 2017
laudate:

Even before then, the "Biafran Liberation Force" was held up at a bridge at Ore by about 180 soldiers before they received backup from Abeokuta and Ibadan. An old soldier amongst this group of 180 told the story 2 years ago (widely reported in the dailies).

4 Likes

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by billyG(m): 10:24pm On Jan 15, 2017

1 Like

Re: January 15,1966 Coup: Conversation Between Lt. Col Pam And His Murderers by logica(m): 10:24pm On Jan 15, 2017
thinkative:

let's use a practical example. if I shoot you dead now. an autopsy would be carried out and the number of bullet wounds on your body would indicate how many times I shot you. get it?
Lol. make dem no ban me for this stunt oo
. na joke oo
I wonder why you had to explain to him.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Governor Wike's Wife, Eberechi, Welcomes Him With A Peck After Edo Election / Caskets With Warning Written On Them Going Round In Aba / 'People Have Deserted Aso Rock Because I'm Going' - Jonathan Speaks Emotionally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.