Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,297 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:25 AM

Photo Of Kaduna Nzeogwu Who Led Nigeria's First Coup D'etat In 1966 - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photo Of Kaduna Nzeogwu Who Led Nigeria's First Coup D'etat In 1966 (52001 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Is An Ojukwu, An Nzeogwu And An Azikiwe All Rolled Into One' - FFK / Florence Ajimobi Presenting Flowers To Adeyinka Adebayo In 1966 (Throwback Photo / Nzeogwu, Orkar Are Martyrs, Says Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo Of Kaduna Nzeogwu Who Led Nigeria's First Coup D'etat In 1966 by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jan 15, 2017
APCmyheart:

Lol name any Igbo man who is a hero of Democracy, atleast we have lots of Yoruba that are hero of democracy.

Let us observe a minute of silence for this guy's IDIOCY

2 Likes

Re: Photo Of Kaduna Nzeogwu Who Led Nigeria's First Coup D'etat In 1966 by malton: 11:01pm On Jan 15, 2017
laudate:

If you notice, Plateau was not included in my list, but there are parts of that state that still respect his memory. My response was made in reaction to a guy who said he was from Katsina and was hailing Nzeogwu for killing the Sardauna. It just didn't jell.

Yea, I noticed that.

About some parts respecting his memory, that's true, considering there are Hausa settlers in some parts of the state. Asides that, some old bloc still hold him in high esteem. So, I get your drift.

That guy is a troll. grin

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Kaduna Nzeogwu Who Led Nigeria's First Coup D'etat In 1966 by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jan 15, 2017
korel9:

Ipob yoot, who are u referring to?

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Kaduna Nzeogwu Who Led Nigeria's First Coup D'etat In 1966 by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jan 15, 2017
BOJO123:

And you really believe tafawa balewa was corrupt?.....that guy is one of the few selfless leaders Africa will ever come across...

Re: Photo Of Kaduna Nzeogwu Who Led Nigeria's First Coup D'etat In 1966 by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jan 15, 2017
LordofNairaland:
Justdulla, how dare you call an unstable man as Nzeogwu the hero of democracy. A man who lost it and went on a shooting spree and leading the bloodiest coup the country ever witnessed. And who told you everyone killed in that coup was corrupt? He even killed the wife of one of his targets. Nzeogwu was mad. He wanted to change the corrupt system but he took it too far. There was too much killing in that coup. Too much senseless bloodshed.

Re: Photo Of Kaduna Nzeogwu Who Led Nigeria's First Coup D'etat In 1966 by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jan 15, 2017
APCmyheart:

They spare all the Igbo leaders then and they are crying of being marginalized hahhaa una never chi chum chin

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Kaduna Nzeogwu Who Led Nigeria's First Coup D'etat In 1966 by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jan 15, 2017
Eledan:

So there was no corruption in the Eastern Region then? The more you guys try to justify the madness of that night, the more untrustworthy other Nigerians see you"

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Kaduna Nzeogwu Who Led Nigeria's First Coup D'etat In 1966 by APCmyheart(m): 11:09pm On Jan 15, 2017
kanadian:

LOL when you have nothing to use in defending yourself you result to this hahahah, We are used to wailing IPOB zombie..

Nnamdi Kanu will also collect his own share soon and left you and some of your useless foools who have lost their lives..

Where is Nwazurike today?
Re: Photo Of Kaduna Nzeogwu Who Led Nigeria's First Coup D'etat In 1966 by ceejay4real(m): 11:10pm On Jan 15, 2017
olasaad:

So you don't know the reason again. Well that's why the coup was tag tribalism. And you forgot the coup plotters also spare Nnamdi Azikiwe...lol don't be hypocrite

So all the other coups that happened in Nigeria thereafter were what? Nigerian coups? For your information, Aguiyi Ironsi was tipped off by Yakubu Pam shortly b4 he was arrested and he was one step ahead of the coupists thereby slipping through their fingers! As for Michael Okpara, he had the President of Cyprus in his residence that fateful night and as such the soldiers couldn't shoot their way in. They however placed him on house arrest. Nnamdi Azikiwe was away in London for medical reasons. Also Lt Col. Arthur Unegbe an Igbo & Quarter Master General of the Nigerian Army at the time was killed by Major Christian Anuforo. All those killed were because of their strategic importance which they would have used to suppress the coup from gaining momentum and not out of tribal hate or considerations! The problem with most Nigerians is that they don't read and just make uninformed remarks on topical issues without knowing that they are adding more to the problems instead of solving them. You are such a daft young man, ur education if you ever had any is a colossal waste! Go and read literature on the Nzeogwu coup as well as the pogroms & the Nigerian civil war! They are in the bookshops and are very affordable. You could also download them online and stop disgracing yourself on social media. Anu ofia!

4 Likes

Re: Photo Of Kaduna Nzeogwu Who Led Nigeria's First Coup D'etat In 1966 by laudate: 11:10pm On Jan 15, 2017
kanadian:

And let us observe a week's silence for yours'.

Re: Photo Of Kaduna Nzeogwu Who Led Nigeria's First Coup D'etat In 1966 by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jan 15, 2017
enemmo:
I LOVE HISTORY. I WISH WE COULD HAVE A SCREENPLAY OF THE EVENTS OF 66 AND 67 FROM A NEUTRAL VIEW.MAYBE WE WILL LEARN MORE.I READ 'THERE WAS A COUNTRY' BUT I AM NOT SATISFIED.I WANT TO LEARN MORE...

GOD AND READ NIGERIA's FIVE MAJORS BY BEN GBULIE or WHY WE STRUCK by ADEMOYEGA
Re: Photo Of Kaduna Nzeogwu Who Led Nigeria's First Coup D'etat In 1966 by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jan 15, 2017
AkinPhysicist:
A coup organized by majority Igbo military officers targeted and killed ONLY Yoruba and Hausa political leaders/officers, and yet our Igbo brethren want us to believe that the coup was not motivated by tribal sentiments. Think about it for just 5 minutes and tell us what you would think (in ALL HONESTY) if the REVERSE was the case.

I know you are looking for likes. okay i don give you one.

BTW......
Re: Photo Of Kaduna Nzeogwu Who Led Nigeria's First Coup D'etat In 1966 by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jan 15, 2017
dfav:

I disagree sir

Rather he and his gang members are the ones that put this country into this nepotism and ethnic corruption that is killing this country today via their coup.

Re: Photo Of Kaduna Nzeogwu Who Led Nigeria's First Coup D'etat In 1966 by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jan 15, 2017
ezemusaayo:
the face of criminal idiot, who put igbos in trouble since 1966, uselless DOG
thank God he was brutally dealt with in the right manner for killing hero and causing confusions for the country.
onyishi , shege , dan iska, omale. dotti igbo woman I. norhern khaki.
IINYAMURIS are beterayer, useles creatures. and stupid monkeys in human cloths

Re: Photo Of Kaduna Nzeogwu Who Led Nigeria's First Coup D'etat In 1966 by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jan 15, 2017
laudate:

Nigerians are far more wiser than you give them credit for. And if you continue to support anyone who picks up a gun to wreak havoc in this country, I pray the violence and carnage that comes through the gun, starts from your own home, and ends among your own people. So be careful what you wish for! sad

"MORE WISER"
Re: Photo Of Kaduna Nzeogwu Who Led Nigeria's First Coup D'etat In 1966 by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jan 15, 2017
menxer:
Irrespective of his role in the coup that led to the civil war, Kaduna Nzeogwu, has been my hero of sorts from when I started reading way back...

GOD BLESS YOU
Re: Photo Of Kaduna Nzeogwu Who Led Nigeria's First Coup D'etat In 1966 by NaMeAboki: 11:23pm On Jan 15, 2017
Justdulla:

Regional leaders filled with corruption and nepotism. Did you know sardauna, okotie eboh, ahmadu bello, et al. Whoever was killed in thay coup was so corrupt the army boys were vexing. Stop saying thrash abeg, go and read your history books. Dont come online and judge sentimental.
The only mistake made was not taking out Aguiyi Ironsi for reasons best known to them.

Stop lying because you clearly did read any history book; otherwise you would never have claimed that those killed, especially the northern leaders and military officers: Ahmadu Bello, Tafawa Balewa, Brigadier Maimalari, Col. Pam etc, were all corrupt.
The northern premier and Prime Minister Balewa had only one house and a modest farm each with less than 10 pounds in their bank accounts.
Pls refer me to the pages of the history book that you must have read and where it stated, whose money and how much they stole to have warranted their murdered in cold blood (in the case of the Sardauna, along with his wife).
That bastard Nzeogwu opened the pandora's box to all of ours since then; may he burn in hell along with all those that contributed to derail our nascent democracy - pls answer Amen.
Re: Photo Of Kaduna Nzeogwu Who Led Nigeria's First Coup D'etat In 1966 by ceejay4real(m): 11:29pm On Jan 15, 2017
LordofNairaland:
Justdulla, how dare you call an unstable man as Nzeogwu the hero of democracy. A man who lost it and went on a shooting spree and leading the bloodiest coup the country ever witnessed. And who told you everyone killed in that coup was corrupt? He even killed the wife of one of his targets. Nzeogwu was mad. He wanted to change the corrupt system but he took it too far. There was too much killing in that coup. Too much senseless bloodshed.

You are a bloody foool for calling a coup in which about 12 persons lost their lives the bloodiest coup in Nigeria. So what was the July 29th, 1966 coup? A coup in which over 800 officers and men of the Nigerian Army mainly Igbos & Easterners died in cold blood? A coup that went on to become a pogrom against the same Igbos and Easterners during which the Makurdi bridge was hijacked by Northern troops and fleeing Igbo soldiers were killed and thrown into the River Benue? A pogrom that led to the death of close to one hundred thousand Igbos. The coup in itself was meant to be a secessionist coup by the North until the British Establishment called the Northern savages to order telling them of the oil wealth down South and how their proposed Arewa Republic would be landlocked. My friend go and read! You are so sooooo dumb!

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Kaduna Nzeogwu Who Led Nigeria's First Coup D'etat In 1966 by cyrilamx(m): 11:32pm On Jan 15, 2017
You re spot on. Am not igbo, am Edo
While I never supported the cry of marginalisation of the Igbos, I still revere Major chwkwuma Kaduna Patrick Nzogwu. He is my hero any day. Am not a blind proponent of democracy. I support any medium of overthrowing it if it becomes self-serving, corrupt and oppressive. Nzogwu actually was pissed off with the evil of 1 percent first Republic politicians were collecting from contracts, contracts, nepotism introduced into civil service n army. Same thing buhari/idiagbon did to second Republic Shagari government. That many who condemn Buhari for ousting the politicians and imprisoning them are the real enemy o Nigeria. Rest assured peace Nzogwu. You did your part but was betrayed by officers sent to the eastern region. Gallant till death.
owodokiri:

I know where you are coming from.. You know the irony of that story? Most of the soldiers that followed Nzeogwu to Sarduanas coup were Northerners. Don't take my word for it. Read up on that. He informed them of what they were about to do and they never disagreed. The next day after that event, there were reports of jubilation is several northern cities. Dont take my word for it, google it. The fact is that from the time of the western crises uptill the night of that coup, people have become disillusioned with events politically. And that feeling was felt across the country. Many people supported Nzeogwu. .. Things started to change few days later when the Hausa service of the BBC started to frame the whole thing as an igbo coup. It started taking the form of an igbo quest, and igbo agenda as the british using the BBC went into overdrive. Understandably, several northern officers, the likes of Babangida Danjuma and buhari included, felt offended with the killing of their ethnic men in the military and over the next few month, opportunistic politicians helped to inflame passions against the igbo and the progrom started... Do you know that Nzeogwu left Kaduna by himself. handed power over to Hassan Katsina and flew into Lagos to be arrested by Ironsi after sending Obasanjo to go and negotiate with Ironsi? Do you know that several northern politicians were arrested by Nzeogwus troops and were never harmed since they werent as dangerous to the system as the antagonistic Sarduana? All the time he was in the north, nobody tried shooting or harming him and this was the same northerners that killed every thing igbo 6 months later..

2 Likes

Re: Photo Of Kaduna Nzeogwu Who Led Nigeria's First Coup D'etat In 1966 by Achile1515: 11:51pm On Jan 15, 2017
Useless man. Killing the man that made him. Ingrate of the best oder. angry
Re: Photo Of Kaduna Nzeogwu Who Led Nigeria's First Coup D'etat In 1966 by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jan 15, 2017
Eledan:

Why should Ojukwu determine or insist on who should take over after Ironsi death? Such decision is only for those who succeeded with the coup, the northern camp
Ojukwu apprehension was mainly the fate that await him and other Igbo officers following the success of the July coup by Northerners, he wanted to drag people that had nothing to do with the bloodletting orchestrated by the Igbos and Norrtheners

Re: Photo Of Kaduna Nzeogwu Who Led Nigeria's First Coup D'etat In 1966 by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jan 15, 2017
ManTiger:
Craziness is in your DNA. Do you know the meaning of a coup? Nigeria as a country was 6yrs old and this guy deemed it fit to steal power and here you are saying rubbish?

Re: Photo Of Kaduna Nzeogwu Who Led Nigeria's First Coup D'etat In 1966 by baby124: 12:01am On Jan 16, 2017
Topshow2010:

I beg to differ on ur submission,those were the finest and d patriotic officers but for d 'little' though costly mistakes dt led to their failure, dey wud av heralded a prosperous and progressives nation then.
Lol. Who were they fighting for to take over government if this coup was successful? You think they would go as far as killing tribal leaders of other tribes and hand over power to some clueless civilian? What exactly were they fighting for? Junior officers who were not privy to the politics of the nation on the colonial, tribal and national scale have the guts to think they could handle a deeply tribal country? It was obviously delusional youthful exhuberance. The coup was badly planned, badly thought out and badly executed. They would not have made better leaders than the ones they took out if they could not be fair in their dealings or planning of the coup.

There was no ideological basis for the crime they committed. Let us not even look at the level of violence and atrocity committed in the cours e of "saving" the country. The lure of power and wealth intoxicates. And they showed that love for power in the way they killed their leaders who were duly appointed by the people, and loved by their people. They abused trust and friendship. They took advantage of the opportunity of their station and they pounced on it. There has never been an attempted coup that did not happen because of a lust for power, wealth and domination.
Re: Photo Of Kaduna Nzeogwu Who Led Nigeria's First Coup D'etat In 1966 by Nobody: 12:02am On Jan 16, 2017
osazsky:

To me there is no hero of democracy in Nigeria. It would have been better if we had remained as slaves. We need d whites to come recolonize us again. All those leaders u term hero's were stupid. We are slaves, we love to b slaves. Wasted innocent lives just for a territory in quote Nigeria.

YOU are a slave not "we"
Re: Photo Of Kaduna Nzeogwu Who Led Nigeria's First Coup D'etat In 1966 by Coolgent(m): 12:04am On Jan 16, 2017
Major Nzeogu your brothers are still suffering from your stupity.
Nevertheless rest in hell.
Re: Photo Of Kaduna Nzeogwu Who Led Nigeria's First Coup D'etat In 1966 by Nobody: 12:07am On Jan 16, 2017
APCmyheart:

LOL when you have nothing to use in defending yourself you result to this hahahah, We are used to wailing IPOB zombie..

Nnamdi Kanu will also collect his own share soon and left you and some of your useless foools who have lost their lives..

Where is Nwazurike today?

GO AND TELL THAT TO PROPHET MOHAMMED.
Re: Photo Of Kaduna Nzeogwu Who Led Nigeria's First Coup D'etat In 1966 by Nobody: 12:09am On Jan 16, 2017
laudate:

And let us observe a week's silence for yours'.

Are you a fool or an idiot
Re: Photo Of Kaduna Nzeogwu Who Led Nigeria's First Coup D'etat In 1966 by APCmyheart(m): 12:12am On Jan 16, 2017
kanadian:

GO AND TELL THAT TO PROPHET MOHAMMED.

LOL you can wail till Eternity, IGBO will always suffer in this country do to what they did to Nigerians in 1966..
Re: Photo Of Kaduna Nzeogwu Who Led Nigeria's First Coup D'etat In 1966 by Nobody: 12:17am On Jan 16, 2017
APCmyheart:

LOL you can wail till Eternity, IGBO will always suffer in this country do to what they did to Nigerians in 1966..

Aboki!!!! Point of correction, it is "due to" not do to.

BTW......I HEARD THAT MOHAMMED IS A GAY, HOW TRUE IS IT?
Re: Photo Of Kaduna Nzeogwu Who Led Nigeria's First Coup D'etat In 1966 by APCmyheart(m): 12:20am On Jan 16, 2017
kanadian:

Aboki!!!! Point of correction, it is "due to" not do to.

BTW......I HEARD THAT MOHAMMED IS A GAY, HOW TRUE IS IT?

LOL am replying your likes here so i don't have time to check or correct since am not looking for job, Do i need dictionary to educate one flat head?

You need to go back to who tell you to explain more to you..

Please when are they going to kill your senior brother in ASIA?
Re: Photo Of Kaduna Nzeogwu Who Led Nigeria's First Coup D'etat In 1966 by laudate: 12:23am On Jan 16, 2017
kanadian:
Are you a fool or an idiot

Nope. But you are the one exhibiting both traits on this thread. sad
Re: Photo Of Kaduna Nzeogwu Who Led Nigeria's First Coup D'etat In 1966 by Nobody: 12:25am On Jan 16, 2017
APCmyheart:

LOL am replying your likes here so i don't have time to check or correct since am not looking for job, Do i need dictionary to educate one flat head?

You need to go back to who tell you to explain more to you..

Please when are they going to kill your senior brother in ASIA?

I HOPE MY INSULT ON FOOLISH AND LESBIAN PROPHET MOHAMMED WON'T INCITE RIOTS IN SOUTHERN KADUNA?

ANYWAY HOW IS SHEKAU,.YOUR FATHER?

I HOPE HE IS PREPARED TO MEET HIS VIRGINS IN HELL?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Udebuan Sage Chibueze: Items Recovered From Arrested IPOB Commander (Photos) / Melaye Arrived National Hospital In His Motorcycle To See Body Of Late Ocholi / Nesma Galal, Femi Fani-Kayode's Egyptian Girlfriend Blasts Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.