Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,759 members, 7,824,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) (77998 Views)

IGP Ibrahim Idris: Anambra Passes Vote Of Confidence, Stages Solidarity Rally / Nigerians React Over "I Stand With Buhari" Nationwide Solidarity Rally / Trump Solidarity Rally: Pro-Biafra Agitators, Soldiers Clash, Scores Wounded (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) by APCmyheart(m): 6:54pm On Jan 20, 2017
nwabobo:

You think this is South West where hungry and opportunistic area boys take advantage of events like this to loot?

LOL which region is more of that than that your useless region..

Who give them the go ahead for the protest?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) by willibounce1(m): 6:56pm On Jan 20, 2017
AntiNigerian:
I talk am! Idol worshipper! when the time comes, oh God! what Elijah did to Baal prophets will be a child's play compared to what will descend upon you! we don't forgive our enemies!

Lol..keep dreaming while you ipods go into extinction.
Re: IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) by erico2k2(m): 6:57pm On Jan 20, 2017
zendy:

Answer this simple question instead coming online to show your ignorance. What was the place called before the British called it Port Harcourt city?
Guy plz go bck to your shop even the British don't know what the place was called and what and how the place was called donkey years ago affect what IPOB suffered today?
GO BACK TO YOUR SHOP BOKO !
Re: IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) by ozoebuka1(m): 6:57pm On Jan 20, 2017
Ioannes:

We are not white people.

We are Africans. Stubborn and gullible. And it seems the only language we understand is force.

Unlawful gathering such as occurred today ought to be dispersed immediately.

Knowing your people and gragra are like 5 & 6, they will want to resist. undecided
when u protest injustice may u receive same treatment since you are a black man and doesn't want civility to be used on you By those who should protect you.
Re: IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) by APCmyheart(m): 6:57pm On Jan 20, 2017
nwabobo:

Can you back your assertion with evidence? Available data suggests otherwise. The issue of which tribe goes to school more than the other has been trashed ye without number on Nairaland here for more than a decade now.

Your assertion is based on ignorance and is at variance with available data and evidence.

I await your presentation of evidence and then I'll signpost you to contrary evidence.

Even when 70% of the South East have no access to News? hahahaha

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/01/ndigbo-not-informed-70-percent-dont-read-newspaper-listen-radio/

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jan 20, 2017
Zirah:
Trump doesn’t care what you support. Seriously, he doesn't care about your Biafra...wait..what do you think? Why do you fight, why don't you just grab it. Determination is not bleating on the streets like hungry goats. These protesters or whatever are bringing shame upon the country. You act like touts and uphold the American flag and you think Trump will hail? The height of stupidity..licking ass?...now this one pass me.

I'm in support of Biafra. I mean I want to see what you will do with it. You will fight against one another, kill one another. I know how you behave. Greedy lots. It'll be all for nothing.

WORD!
Re: IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) by erico2k2(m): 7:01pm On Jan 20, 2017
You IPOB youths are trying very hard to lure the rest of the nation to think Rivers state is part of your struggle
On behalf or Rivers Bayelsa Delta state . We nor follow we are Niger Delta and we have our own struggle .
When the FG lay flat Ogoni Land and killed Ken sarowiwa . Rivers people did not go to Onitsha or Imo to protest .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) by Elliot2(m): 7:01pm On Jan 20, 2017
erico2k2:

They are all criminals . Bridging the peace of the land amount to criminality .is it safe to say all of them.where IGBOs ?
how abt d political rallies and campaigns or dat of governors visits that paralysis businesses and restricts movements,and those ones that results in violence by political thugs, how many of them have the military or police deemed fit to spray live bullets on? 2019 will come, and these same politicians will cause a lot of inconveniences on the masses with their political activities. i bet u, u won't see anything wrong with that,even church rallies cause temporary inconveniences when they are on d roads, but merely mention biafra,a peaceful protest at that, becomes offensive! When once biafra is mentioned,u guys start talking like nigeria was or would have been the best country in the world,n that biafra is an hindrance. smh.
Re: IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) by Ngozi123(f): 7:04pm On Jan 20, 2017
erico2k2:

Stop saying everyone knows . I did not know . I have been up and down stadium rd today . No one knew none of my mates knew . I called my younger ones in transit amadi they had no clue .

Ok, I should have said, "it was well known" instead. The fact is that the protest wasn't a secret.
Re: IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jan 20, 2017
ozoebuka1:
when u protest injustice may u receive same treatment since you are a black man and doesn't want civility to be used on you By those who should protect you.

Look. There's no need to quarrel about this really.

We both want the same thing.

You want to realise Biafra.

I want you to have the Biafra like yesterday.

Your methodology and approach are all wrong and it's casting us in the a bad light all over the world.

Go about this legally and with some level of intelligence and you have our support.

Brains is what you need, not brawn.
Re: IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) by nwabobo: 7:06pm On Jan 20, 2017
Ioannes:

Let me address the bolded.

Biafra organizations like MASSOB, and IPOB are illegal organizations under the law. Hence, there's no way the police can actually give them a permit to go on a protest or march in this country, because whether you like it or not, you need a permit from the police for public walk or march. Are you aware of these facts?

There you go. IPOB & MASSOB are not illegal and No, you do not need a permit to hold a rally. Informing the police is only a courtesy. There us no fact above.
Re: IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) by erico2k2(m): 7:10pm On Jan 20, 2017
Ngozi123:

Ok, I should have said, "it was well known" instead. The fact is that the protest wasn't a secret.
well to very few and to those who took part,The point is,we do not want IPOB protesting in PHC, they should stick to the 5 core igbo states, they have more than enough space, that can close Aba market for one week for all we care.I aint got anything against IPOB in that regard but when it starts disrupting others then that is taking the biscuit.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) by Organs(m): 7:11pm On Jan 20, 2017
Elliot2:
I AM PROUDLY IGBO
•The first Black Vice Chancellor of the University of Ibadan was an Igbo man named Professor Kenneth Dike.
•The first Vice Chancellor of the University of Lagos was an Igbo man named Professor Eni Njoku.
•The first Nigerian Rector of the then Yaba College of Technology was also an Igbo man
The first Nigerian Professor of Mathematics was an Igbo man named Professor Chike Obi – the man who solved Fermat’s Last Theorem. He was followed by another Igbo man named Professor James Ezeilo, Professor of Differential Calculus and the founder of the Ezeilo Constant.
The first Nigerian professor of history was an Igbo man Professor Kenneth Dike who also became the first black vice chancellor of the University of Ibadan.
The first Nigerian Professor of Botany was an Igbo man named Professor Eni Njoku. He went on to become the very first vice chancellor of the university of LAGOS.
The first Nigerian Professor of Anatomy and Physiology is Professor Chike Edozien an Igbo man who is also the current Obi of Asaba.
The first Nigerian Professor of Physics was Professor Okoye an Igbo man who became a Professor of Physics at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA in 1960. He was followed by the likes of Professor Alexander Anumalu who has been nominated for the Nobel Prize for Physics three times for his research in Intermediate Quantum Physics.
In Nuclear Physics and Chemistry – again another Igbo man – Professor Frank Ndili who gained a Ph.D in his early ’20s at Cambridge Univesity in Nuclear Physics and Chemistry in the early ’60s. This young Asaba man had made a First Class in Physics and Mathematics at the then University College Ibadan in the early ’50s.
First Professor of Statistics – Professor Adichie who’s research on Non-Parametric Statistics led to new areas in statistical research.
What about the first Nigerian Professor of Medicine – Professor Kodilinye – he was appointed a Professor of Medicine at the University of London in 1952. He later became the Vice Chancellor of the University of Nigeria Nsukka after the war.
What about Astronomy – again another Igbo man was the first Professor of Astronomy – please, look up Professor Ntukoju – he was the first to earn a double Ph.D in Astronomy and Mathematics.
Let’s go to the Social Sciences – Demography and statistical research into population studies – again another Igbo man – Professor Okonjo who set up the first Centre for Population Research in Ibadan in the early ’60s. A double Ph.D in Mathematics and Economics.
Philosophy – Professor G D Okafor, who became a Professor of Philosophy at the Amherst College USA in 1953.
Economics – Dr. Pius Okigbo who became a visiting scholar and Professor of Economics at the University of London in 1954. He is also the first Nigerian Ph.D in Economics.
Theology and theological research – Professor Njoku who became the first Nigerian to earn a Ph.D in Theology from Queens University Belfast in Ireland. He was appointed a Professor of Theology at the University College Zambia in 1952.
The Nigerian Universities Commission (NUC) has a record of the state with the highest number of professors in Nigeria and as at 2014 that state is Imo State. You can go to this commission and verify.
Anambra state was the first in WAEC, UNITY SCHOOLS ENTERANCE EXAMS, NECO AND PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE in 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Therefore, whenever some people address you Igbos as mere traders and Keke riders, tell them that in addition to doing very well in business, science, technology and SPORTS you are also ahead in academia. No amount of hatred can change blessings from God.IF YOU ARE FROM IGBO, SAY "I AM" Igbo Kwenu! Kwezoonu!

Elliot2: All this boasts here and the claim that maybe one tribe is superior to the other is false, they had opportunity and made use of it good for them, there are so many Nigerians, Africans people all over the world that has made their mark in one thing or the other, it has nothing to do with tribe, I don't like Wole Soyinka, but when you talk of literature, he is renowned the world over for making his mark and winning a nobel laureate which no African has won. ,i am from Kogi and Cyprian Ekwensi and Chukwuemeka Ike is my author of all time, but none of them won a nobel prize. In medicine, Jubril Aminu a fulani from Adamawa's record has not been broken, everyone gets pass in medicine and no first class but he did and his grades has been unequalled, he become a fellow at age 29 in the UK, now as an administrator he is a total failure messing up the educational system and the petroleum sector. So its opportunity and good luck for some people. The North were not introduced to education all the time cos they had their own form which was different from Western education. The indians held on to their language and did not adopt everything western like Nigeria and they developed faster and better than us they are a nuclear super power today as compared with all those you mentioned. So, all what you post is Nonsense, use the same research to search for 20 best unversities in AFRICA and none, i repeat none will be from Nigeria, so what are we talking about? also, Bill Gates, Jobs and Mack Zuckerberg that are our 21st century inventors were drop outs, that is to tell you that there are people out there, on the streets of Kogi, Delta, Enugu, Borno, etc that do not have opportunities and that is what we need to worry about and not this chest beating nonsense that helps no one. Case in point Ojukwu though himself superior because of his Oxford degree (opportunity) but he ran away from battle at the heat of things only to return after pardon from grade II Shagari meanwhile Abacha, who is not academically smart is known for his fearlessness and bravery and will rather die in battle than run away. Conclusively, God gives people talent for one thing or the other we all need to harness our resources and make the best of it for the good of our country and not these empty boasts that will divide us and not unite us, and we grow together when we come together and work together as a force.

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) by nwabobo: 7:12pm On Jan 20, 2017
APCmyheart:

LOL which region is more of that than that your useless region..

Who give them the go ahead for the protest?

You can see who the illiterate is now.

You do not need a police permit to hold a rally in Nigeria.
Re: IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) by erico2k2(m): 7:12pm On Jan 20, 2017
nwabobo:

There you go. IPOB & MASSOB are not illegal and No, you do not need a permit to hold a rally. Informing the police is only a courtesy. There us no fact above.
I thought you said you lot are educated
How is MASSOB and IPOB legal? who signed them into law? and when?even NGOs get registered, who registered IPOB?
There is nothing wrong with being an IPOB member but just bear in mind its not recognized by any laws of nigeria. So if you gather in its name you are inviting trouble but that is life.

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) by Mrrespect(m): 7:13pm On Jan 20, 2017
Wetin concern us

1 Like

Re: IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) by erico2k2(m): 7:15pm On Jan 20, 2017
Elliot2:
how abt d political rallies and campaigns or dat of governors visits that paralysis businesses and restricts movements,and those ones that results in violence by political thugs, how many of them have the military or police deemed fit to spray live bullets on? 2019 will come, and these same politicians will cause a lot of inconveniences on the masses with their political activities. i bet u, u won't see anything wrong with that,even church rallies cause temporary inconveniences when they are on d roads, but merely mention biafra,a peaceful protest at that, becomes offensive! When once biafra is mentioned,u guys start talking like nigeria was or would have been the best country in the world,n that biafra is an hindrance. smh.
DOnt you see the people of the state dancing to political rallies?
Dont you see people who represent its people in the rally?
Plz toll a different line of argument, this one is xtreemly lame.
Re: IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) by Elliot2(m): 7:15pm On Jan 20, 2017
Eledan:

How many of those people you listed above and their children were at the rally today?
I will never pity anyone or group that will look for the flimsy excuses or reasons to cause public disturbance and constituting nisance to the public space.
it doesn't matter if the educated ones or their kids join them,what should be important for discourse is whether their agitation is right or wrong.
Re: IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) by APCmyheart(m): 7:15pm On Jan 20, 2017
farokkunle:
Stop killing innocent people .

it does not have to bother ,why ? because the zoo kept on shooting them self in their foot ,

it is already circulated already ,human right abuses , extra judicial killing's by the murderous ill trained corrupt zoo forces .

the world is watching cool cool cool cool

AMERICA and all European union are watching ,the world human right organization is there .

Nigeria we are watching . cool cool

And the innocent people should also stop disturbing the peace of the Nation, Who give them the approval for their protest and what are they protesting for?
Re: IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jan 20, 2017
nwabobo:

You need a police permit for a rally or peaceful protest or whatever you call it. That's fact number one.

IPOB and MASSOB are illegal in the fact that they represent something not guaranteed by the constitution. Secession.

Those who go for IPOB rallies could be legally arrested and charged to court. Fact number two.

Your right to freedom of association does not include treasonable acts. To be forewarned...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jan 20, 2017
erico2k2:

well to very few and to those who took part,The point is,we do not want IPOB protesting in PHC, they should stick to the 5 core igbo states, they have more than enough space, that can close Aba market for one week for all we care.I aint got anything against IPOB in that regard but when it starts disrupting others then that is taking the biscuit.

You have said it all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) by Eledan: 7:18pm On Jan 20, 2017
Elliot2:
it doesn't matter if the educated ones or their kids join them,what should be important for discourse is whether their agitation is right or wrong.

Agitation fuel by hatred for the person of the President
Re: IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jan 20, 2017
Mrrespect:
Wetin concern us

Lol. I like this. Haha...
Re: IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) by erico2k2(m): 7:19pm On Jan 20, 2017
Ekinematics:

You have said it all.
Thank you, you know what is worth doing is worth doing well
take a look at waht one of the IPOB citizen is doing today why his people are dying
https://www.nairaland.com/3583795/okorocha-wife-pictured-zahra-buhari
Re: IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) by APCmyheart(m): 7:21pm On Jan 20, 2017
nwabobo:

You can see who the illiterate is now.

You do not need a police permit to hold a rally in Nigeria.

And the police does not need approval to tamed miscreants that are disrupting the peace of the environment.

Do you think they should just go on the streets started blocking roads and disturbing motorists.
Re: IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) by Werehkpe: 7:21pm On Jan 20, 2017
People are meant to inform d police before any peaceful public protest. This is to enable the Police & security personnel vet prepared to avoid ugly scenes. If u don't inform d police then "wettin u see, u go take am like that"

The question is did these miscreants give prior notice to the police and did they go through d approved routes during d parade?

But again, Ibo people sef no just try jare. Please o, wettin concern IPOB with Donald Trump election or inauguration?
Re: IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) by Elliot2(m): 7:25pm On Jan 20, 2017
Sanchez01:

I was bout typing this when I saw your comment? Sadly, some of them chose to end their lives because they are not learned to know that A GOOD PROTEST MUST HAVE THE BACKING OF LAW. It's a pity though.
if any good protest must have the backing of law,then tell me which law is greater than the law that the whole world agreed to that backs indigenous people with the right to freedom, and self governance...###?
Re: IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) by APCmyheart(m): 7:31pm On Jan 20, 2017
Xway:
Arqument on a bases of ignorant.
But one thing I can assure you is that , or wish on unarmed protesters today will eventually befall you and your entire generation.
Don't quote me again!!!!!

LOL he can never befall him cos he never disturb the peace of the environments, Beside you said you want biafra and still election you people into Govenrment what nonsense..
Re: IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) by mr1759: 7:31pm On Jan 20, 2017
erico2k2:

Go and ask when the protest was done in London it was organized . They informed the MET . They where given a date time and place . The street they walked was listed . There was no blockade of public activities . The did not bridge t he peace and where no in anyway a danger to the public .
PS.I was in tralfagar Square that day.

u done spoil my things with this one u mention, where u say u dey? u don comot for Nigeria bros u can lie oh

Re: IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) by Elliot2(m): 7:33pm On Jan 20, 2017
erico2k2:
You IPOB youths are trying very hard to lure the rest of the nation to think Rivers state is part of your struggle
On behalf or Rivers Bayelsa Delta state . We nor follow we are Niger Delta and we have our own struggle .
When the FG lay flat Ogoni Land and killed Ken sarowiwa . Rivers people did not go to Onitsha or Imo to protest .
On behalf of every good citizen of conscience in the Niger Delta,I say,Biafrans must be supported to achieve their desire,so long as it appeals to common sense...that indigenous people have right to self governance.
Re: IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) by Ngozi123(f): 7:33pm On Jan 20, 2017
erico2k2:

What you, as an individual, want and what you don't want is not really important. They will continue with these protests there as long as they have the implicit and/or explicit support from the locals.
Re: IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) by Sanchez01: 7:37pm On Jan 20, 2017
Elliot2:
if any good protest must have the backing of law,then tell me which law is greater than the law that the whole world agreed to that backs indigenous people with the right to freedom, and self governance...###?
Did you read any news today about several groups who would be protesting against Trump and that these groups of about 270k people have all been approved to protest? If you didn't, please search one of the topics concerning Trump's inauguration on FP.

About the 'whole world agreeing on aaw that backs an indigenous people', does it include protesting without getting approvals? Everyone is entitled to self determination, but until you go the proper way of calling for a referendum while your people who are politicians in the Houses also align and stand, everything is all but a child's play. The place of history has not been duly registered in the mind here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Obaseki, Oshiomhole Meet Publicly For The First Time Since After Edo Polls (pix) / Aisha Buhari Confirms Video Of Her Ranting In Aso Rock / Iran: Shi’ites, Others Protest In FCT, Burn US Flag, Block Highway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.