Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,186 members, 7,815,141 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) (77910 Views)

IGP Ibrahim Idris: Anambra Passes Vote Of Confidence, Stages Solidarity Rally / Nigerians React Over "I Stand With Buhari" Nationwide Solidarity Rally / Trump Solidarity Rally: Pro-Biafra Agitators, Soldiers Clash, Scores Wounded (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jan 20, 2017
Wiseandtrue:

The Federal Government has breached the constitution, you and I are on agreement base on that.
The police and the armies are trained and equipped for different functions.

How then can you say the police force are weak when even the FG acknowledged them Why not scrap them if they can no longer perform their duty

I think the summary of our discussion should be that the administration of PMB is autocratic in a Democratic setting angry

My dear, I don't know if you followed some of my discussions today. I've already said it and I maintain that Nigeria can never function properly in a democratic setting. That's the very very bitter truth.

Some people are benefitting from this broken system and they'll prefer to leave it broken. In fact they'll prefer it breaks down the more.

We both can agree that the police force may not be equipped to handle such violence as may be propagated by the unruly crowd.

Calling in the military in this situation may be expedient to prevent the total breakdown of law and order.

I'd prefer if the wounded came from the protesters than innocent people in their shops or their homes.

Let's be honest with ourselves. People bring a violent mentality to events like this and I won't be surprised if the crowd was the aggressor.

If I was President of this country, I'd do everything in my power to protect innocent citizens from external and internal aggressors. Wouldn't you?

*modified

It just occurred to me that all Biafra rallies and protests are actually unlawful.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) by ozoebuka1(m): 6:25pm On Jan 20, 2017
hannyjay:
Only 7 people. I wish to hear 50 or 100 so dat dis idiots ll knw dat one nigeria is a must
nasty man.
Re: IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) by Eledan: 6:25pm On Jan 20, 2017
Elliot2:
I AM PROUDLY IGBO
•The first Black Vice Chancellor of the University of Ibadan was an Igbo man named Professor Kenneth Dike.
•The first Vice Chancellor of the University of Lagos was an Igbo man named Professor Eni Njoku.
•The first Nigerian Rector of the then Yaba College of Technology was also an Igbo man
The first Nigerian Professor of Mathematics was an Igbo man named Professor Chike Obi – the man who solved Fermat’s Last Theorem. He was followed by another Igbo man named Professor James Ezeilo, Professor of Differential Calculus and the founder of the Ezeilo Constant.
The first Nigerian professor of history was an Igbo man Professor Kenneth Dike who also became the first black vice chancellor of the University of Ibadan.
The first Nigerian Professor of Botany was an Igbo man named Professor Eni Njoku. He went on to become the very first vice chancellor of the university of LAGOS.
The first Nigerian Professor of Anatomy and Physiology is Professor Chike Edozien an Igbo man who is also the current Obi of Asaba.
The first Nigerian Professor of Physics was Professor Okoye an Igbo man who became a Professor of Physics at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA in 1960. He was followed by the likes of Professor Alexander Anumalu who has been nominated for the Nobel Prize for Physics three times for his research in Intermediate Quantum Physics.
In Nuclear Physics and Chemistry – again another Igbo man – Professor Frank Ndili who gained a Ph.D in his early ’20s at Cambridge Univesity in Nuclear Physics and Chemistry in the early ’60s. This young Asaba man had made a First Class in Physics and Mathematics at the then University College Ibadan in the early ’50s.
First Professor of Statistics – Professor Adichie who’s research on Non-Parametric Statistics led to new areas in statistical research.
What about the first Nigerian Professor of Medicine – Professor Kodilinye – he was appointed a Professor of Medicine at the University of London in 1952. He later became the Vice Chancellor of the University of Nigeria Nsukka after the war.
What about Astronomy – again another Igbo man was the first Professor of Astronomy – please, look up Professor Ntukoju – he was the first to earn a double Ph.D in Astronomy and Mathematics.
Let’s go to the Social Sciences – Demography and statistical research into population studies – again another Igbo man – Professor Okonjo who set up the first Centre for Population Research in Ibadan in the early ’60s. A double Ph.D in Mathematics and Economics.
Philosophy – Professor G D Okafor, who became a Professor of Philosophy at the Amherst College USA in 1953.
Economics – Dr. Pius Okigbo who became a visiting scholar and Professor of Economics at the University of London in 1954. He is also the first Nigerian Ph.D in Economics.
Theology and theological research – Professor Njoku who became the first Nigerian to earn a Ph.D in Theology from Queens University Belfast in Ireland. He was appointed a Professor of Theology at the University College Zambia in 1952.
The Nigerian Universities Commission (NUC) has a record of the state with the highest number of professors in Nigeria and as at 2014 that state is Imo State. You can go to this commission and verify.
Anambra state was the first in WAEC, UNITY SCHOOLS ENTERANCE EXAMS, NECO AND PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE in 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Therefore, whenever some people address you Igbos as mere traders and Keke riders, tell them that in addition to doing very well in business, science, technology and SPORTS you are also ahead in academia. No amount of hatred can change blessings from God.IF YOU ARE FROM IGBO, SAY "I AM" Igbo Kwenu! Kwezoonu!

How many of those people you listed above and their children were at the rally today?
I will never pity anyone or group that will look for the flimsy excuses or reasons to cause public disturbance and constituting nisance to the public space.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) by charlesucheh(m): 6:25pm On Jan 20, 2017
You people haven't seen anything yet!!! Come out nah! Trump won election in America and see you all dying here in Naija!! Kontinue! I just pray those trigger happy depot returners don't sight you! They'd be glad to have their first kill using your useless IPOB miscreants.
Re: IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jan 20, 2017
Lajet:

Shut up

Yessah!
Re: IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) by nwabobo: 6:29pm On Jan 20, 2017
Ioannes:

Oh I just saw this. What evidence are you waiting for from me?

You want me to dig out WAEC reports or what?

My assertion is based on empirical evidence we all can see.

I mean, take a good look around you and tell me educated people are part of the motley crowd pictured up there, marching in solidarity for the president of another country in another continent who most likely doesn't give a flying fvck about you except to deport y'all from his country.

You guys don't behave like you're literate at all, no offense.

You digress. The argument was on your assertion that there are more literate males in the South West than the South East which available evidence has time and over again proven to be false.

Talking about empirical evidence, where have you been before? Our people say that a child who has never left his father's hut considers it a mansion. I doubt if you've ever crossed the Niger eastwards.

And besides, it was ok for Nigerians to hit the streets celebrating Obama's win in 2008 but not ok for IPOB to do same for Trump? #hypocrisy

You may want to start here for data on education. I bet you weren't on Nairaland then - https://www.nairaland.com/237534/look-going-school-nigeria-statistics
Re: IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) by ozoebuka1(m): 6:30pm On Jan 20, 2017
Ioannes:

Non taken.

I call it as I see it.

A gainfully employed person won't abandon his work at the drop of a hat and start marching on the streets because the United States President is being sworn in today.
how does this justify their shooting
Re: IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) by erico2k2(m): 6:30pm On Jan 20, 2017
mr1759:

I didn't say they should protest inside farm, at least they have be protesting in Europe and no one has killed them why will they be killed in their country, if it is really their country
Go and ask when the protest was done in London it was organized . They informed the MET . They where given a date time and place . The street they walked was listed . There was no blockade of public activities . The did not bridge t he peace and where no in anyway a danger to the public .
PS.I was in tralfagar Square that day.
Re: IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) by proeast(m): 6:31pm On Jan 20, 2017
adonis89:
so ppl celebrating trump inauguration deserves to b shot dead?
Dont mind all those stone age barberians that keeps supporting evil just because they are afraid and angry that IPOB has suceeded in creating awareness that have kick started the demand for the break up of the zoo. Nigeria surely has a date with history.
Re: IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) by Mbediogu(m): 6:32pm On Jan 20, 2017
Ioannes:

Non taken.

I call it as I see it.

A gainfully employed person won't abandon his work at the drop of a hat and start marching on the streets because the United States President is being sworn in today.

But they did it because they CHOSE so to do, and it was LEGAL. Thanks anyway for not feeling insulted, unlike most ppl I know in this forum. Cheers.
Re: IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) by proudlyYoruba(m): 6:33pm On Jan 20, 2017
WORDWORLD:

And is that why 'WE' have to act CRAZY without COMMON SENSE?
Least we forget. There was a greater JUBILATION by BLACKS all around the world when the MULATO, OBAMA won and was being sworn in. How a man whose father is a Negro and mother Caucasian is regarded as BLACK baffels me. Afterwards the BLACKS will start shouting RACISM. How do we define BLACK, like as Martin Luther King, Muhammed Ali, Malcom X?

Kenyans in particular so Jubilated and Nigerians too. THINKING that U.S.A will now be issuing free pass all because of their chosen ILLUSION of ..........first BLACK president of the ROUGE nation which wont stop TERRORIZING the rest of the world all because they think its the best way of being seen as RELIVANT.

Why do we spend our lives over all kinds of BULLSH!T. This RALLY is totally INSANE...........they all need Koboko.

"ANY PEOPLE THAT IS STARVED WITH BOOKS, ESPECIALLY THE RIGHT TYPE OF BOOKS, WILL SUFFER INTELLECTUAL MALNUTRION, STAGNATION AND ATROPHY" Obafemi Awolowo
wors from d wise one

1 Like

Re: IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jan 20, 2017
ozoebuka1:
how does this justify their shooting

Don't get me wrong. I don't support the killing of innocent, even though misguided, PEACEFUL protesters.

I'm only pointing out the stupidity of the rally in the first place.

But I guess the million dollar question is, who started the violence?

Oh by the way, do you know that all Biafra rallies are unlawful?
Re: IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) by erico2k2(m): 6:37pm On Jan 20, 2017
zendy:

There is nothing called PHC. That name is just a fabrication of the colonial masters same as Nigeria and Niger Delta, just made up words. The name of the place is Igweocha.

The constitution allows anyone the right to peaceful protest, wether it be about Biafra or something else. There civilised country that shoots unarmed people
I said it b4 yah all are dumb and jobless in that rally . PHC means port Harcourt city . Is that hard to understand .
Igweocha sounds like those farm areas along East West rd
Re: IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jan 20, 2017
i thought wike was a biafran. bunch of clowns
Re: IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jan 20, 2017
Mbediogu:

But they did it because they CHOSE so to do, and it was LEGAL. Thanks anyway for not feeling insulted, unlike most ppl I know in this forum. Cheers.

My pleasure. smiley
Re: IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) by proudlyYoruba(m): 6:42pm On Jan 20, 2017
nwabobo:

You digress. The argument was on your assertion that there are more literate males in the South West than the South East which available evidence has time and over again proven to be false.

Talking about empirical evidence, where have you been before? Our people say that a child who has never left his father's hut considers it a mansion. I doubt if you've ever crossed the Niger eastwards.

And besides, it was ok for Nigerians to hit the streets celebrating Obama's win in 2008 but not ok for IPOB to do same for Trump? #hypocrisy

You may want to start here for data on education. I bet you weren't on Nairaland then - https://www.nairaland.com/237534/look-going-school-nigeria-statistics
talking about research, it can change, it is a step behind reality, I think that data collection was in 2009. Though not in support of innocent people being killed and I still find it hard to believe unarmed people were shot for display of stupidity. And 200,000 might be registered maybe 50,000 will know what to write.
Re: IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) by Sanchez01: 6:42pm On Jan 20, 2017
Abagworo:
The sad truth is that more people will die in vain for being brainwashed by radio biafra. I wish they'll be sensible enough to understand that they are being deceived by politicians who lost power in 2015.
God bless you.
Re: IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) by ozoebuka1(m): 6:43pm On Jan 20, 2017
Ioannes:

Don't get me wrong. I don't support the killing of innocent, even though misguided, PEACEFUL protesters.

I'm only pointing out the stupidity of the rally in the first place.

But I guess the million dollar question is, who started the violence?

Oh by the way, do you know that all Biafra rallies are unlawful?
I don't want to go round and round arguing who's right and who's wrong because I really don't have the time...evil should be condemned without "but" ...I do watch whit people protest and no matter how violent they become, they will never be shot rather high pressured water are used to disperse them.
Re: IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) by mathew2oa(m): 6:44pm On Jan 20, 2017
Ioannes:

No heartache. I just find you guys laughable, is all.

Left to me, I'll give you your Biafra at the snap of a finger.
You might insult and laugh at us for the meantime but the truth still remains the truth Negeria will never, can never succeed and also we are better than you guys in all facet of life, period.
Re: IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jan 20, 2017
nwabobo:

Let me address the bolded.

Biafra organizations like MASSOB, and IPOB are illegal organizations under the law. Hence, there's no way the police can actually give them a permit to go on a protest or march in this country, because whether you like it or not, you need a permit from the police for public walk or march. Are you aware of these facts?

1 Like

Re: IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) by Ngozi123(f): 6:46pm On Jan 20, 2017
erico2k2:

Its only a matter of time b4 the PHC boys will pick offence the governor already told them they will be arrested . .We just left them cos they are our nxt door neighbours but they are now taking the biscuit .

But everyone knew that they were going to protest in PH so why are you only upset after the fact? I don't care what anyone says, you cannot go and protest en masse in another man's land without the implicit or explicit support of the locals, especially in an uncivilised nation such as Nigeria. Do you agree or not?
Re: IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) by Sanchez01: 6:47pm On Jan 20, 2017
jidxin:
but did dey inform d police dat dey will stage a protest? now dey erred in law if dey ddnt....dey re just unlearned nd illiterates
I was bout typing this when I saw your comment? Sadly, some of them chose to end their lives because they are not learned to know that A GOOD PROTEST MUST HAVE THE BACKING OF LAW. It's a pity though.

1 Like

Re: IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) by erico2k2(m): 6:47pm On Jan 20, 2017
shinarambo1:
i thought wike was a biafran. bunch of clowns
Nah he ain't . It was he who told IPOB not to protest again in rivers .
Some of the said IPOB state have politicians who defected to APC see 5 he are already devided in . Innocent people are getting killed.
Re: IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) by erico2k2(m): 6:48pm On Jan 20, 2017
Sanchez01:

I was bout typing this when I saw your comment? Sadly, some of them chose to end their lives because they are not learned to know that A GOOD PROTEST MUST HAVE THE BACKING OF LAW. It's a pity though.
You are very right . IPOB are fast losing the respect of its neighbours .
Re: IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jan 20, 2017
mathew2oa:

You might insult and laugh at us for the meantime but the truth still remains the truth Negeria will never, can never succeed and also we are better than you guys in all facet of life, period.

The bolded is one of the reasons why you guys never cease to amaze me. An educated person won't make this assertion you just made. No offense.

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) by jidxin(m): 6:50pm On Jan 20, 2017
Sanchez01:

ignorance they say is bliss yet ppl re dying cos of it
Re: IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) by Bluntmaster: 6:51pm On Jan 20, 2017
Just few days ago you were praying the police kill Sowore, dancing that he should be shot. You mock Agatu people, taunt them and even laugh here daily. You insult Yoruba people daily even when they have never harm you before, mock Boko haram victims daily and now crying.

You were hailing Buhari to kill Omoyele Sowore, saying he must be shot. Many massob were killed in Ezu river by Peter Obi during GEJs tenure but you never protest but hailed GEJ as the best thing after slice bread. Protest in your 5 states and stop looking for trouble. Since you said you have the right to protest anywhere, why not protest in Kano? Mschewww

4 Likes

Re: IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) by erico2k2(m): 6:52pm On Jan 20, 2017
Ngozi123:

But everyone knew that they were going to protest in PH so why are you only upset after the fact? I don't care what anyone says, you cannot go and protest en masse in another man's land without the implicit or explicit support of the locals, especially in an uncivilised nation such as Nigeria. Do you agree or not?
Stop saying everyone knows . I did not know . I have been up and down stadium rd today . No one knew none of my mates knew . I called my younger ones in transit amadi they had no clue .

1 Like

Re: IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) by Bluntmaster: 6:53pm On Jan 20, 2017
mathew2oa:

This is another ipob illiterate, only God knows why you people have no working brain. Smh

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jan 20, 2017
ozoebuka1:
I don't want to go round and round arguing who's right and who's wrong because I really don't have the time...evil should be condemned without "but" ...I do watch whit people protest and no matter how violent they become, they will never be shot rather high pressured water are used to disperse them.

We are not white people.

We are Africans. Stubborn and gullible. And it seems the only language we understand is force.

Unlawful gathering such as occurred today ought to be dispersed immediately.

Knowing your people and gragra are like 5 & 6, they will want to resist. undecided
Re: IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) by APCmyheart(m): 6:53pm On Jan 20, 2017
ChilledPill:
The illitrate cattle rearer is at it again, ICC is beckoning on him

Who is now the illiterate? If there's going to be a protest, You need to get a clearance from the security operative not just enter road and start protesting thereby threatening the peace of the society..
Re: IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) by zendy: 6:54pm On Jan 20, 2017
erico2k2:

I said it b4 yah all are dumb and jobless in that rally . PHC means port Harcourt city . Is that hard to understand .
Igweocha sounds like those farm areas along East West rd

Answer this simple question instead coming online to show your ignorance. What was the place called before the British called it Port Harcourt city?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

I Am Father To All Bayelsans - Jonathan As Sylva, Lyon Visit / Highway Patrol: The Car I Saw Nigeria Police Force Using Today (Photo) / I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.