Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas - Car Talk (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas (53924 Views)

Is It Compulsory To Vacuum A Vehicle's AC System Before Refill? / The Reason Why You Must Go Round Your Car Before You Drive Off / Watch:Reason Why You Shouldn't Buy A Lamborghini Murcielago If You're A Big Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 10:20am On Apr 26, 2018
Chelseafan1:
Oga Mosbus, my AC is still chilling o, till date.

Could it be that, all my AC problems are now a thing of the past?
All thanks to GOD,pls always make sure you check your cabin filter at most every 3 month depending on how often you drive and your environment.
Thanks.
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by Chelseafan1: 5:48pm On Apr 26, 2018
mosbus:

All thanks to GOD,pls always make sure you check your cabin filter at most every 3 month depending on how often you drive and your environment.
Thanks.

There's no cabin filter, last I checked, it's been removed.

What's the implication please, make I rush go buy.
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 6:23pm On Apr 26, 2018
Chelseafan1:

There's no cabin filter, last I checked, it's been removed.

What's the implication please, make I rush go buy.
You are endangering the life of your evaporator.

Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by Reprobate: 10:41pm On Apr 26, 2018
so I have my evaporator recently replced, and ac shaft seal repaired.the technician doesn't have a vacuum pump, thus didn't vacuum it. this is about 4wks after the job, car chills ok, have seen another technician who has a vacuum pump, would you advice me to go and have it vacuumed and refilled properly
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by Chelseafan1: 11:48pm On Apr 26, 2018
mosbus:

My God, I've been using this AC for like a month now. How much can I get the Cabin filter please.

I'll try and get it 2moro.i can fix it myself.
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 7:18am On Apr 27, 2018
Reprobate:
so I have my evaporator recently replced, and ac shaft seal repaired.the technician doesn't have a vacuum pump, thus didn't vacuum it. this is about 4wks after the job, car chills ok, have seen another technician who has a vacuum pump, would you advice me to go and have it vacuumed and refilled properly
yes pls do it.
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 7:28am On Apr 27, 2018
Good day house.pls fill free to contact mosbus cool,if you have any issue with your car ac.
Contact number:08026941215 or 08037586148.
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by Reprobate: 8:01am On Apr 27, 2018
mosbus:
yes pls do it.

lol, was wishing you would not say this, I would be sad, if the super cooling fails because of this.
you feel the air inside would cause the system to develop a leak in the future, and is even preventing my ac from chilling even better?

is any refrigerant beta?, ie the big 5kg green bottle of gas vs the small 1kg bottles, is any better than the other, I intend to refill with Cheb
refrigerant, as its said to be better than maxxron
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by Chelseafan1: 1:17pm On Apr 27, 2018
mosbus:
Good day house.pls fill free to contact mosbus cool,if you have any issue with your car ac.
Contact number:08026941215 or 08037586148.

Bro please, on the average, how much does a Cabin filter cost?
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by Chelseafan1: 6:19pm On Apr 27, 2018
mosbus:

The empty space, but I can't find any hole sef and air didn't pass thru when I put on the AC now.

I'm not doubting you, just trying to let u know what I observed.

Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 10:03pm On Apr 27, 2018
Chelseafan1:

Bro please, on the average, how much does a Cabin filter cost?
i don't discuss price on this forum,pls chat me up on WhatsApp 08026941215 so we can discuss further more.
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 10:13pm On Apr 27, 2018
Reprobate:

lol, was wishing you would not say this, I would be sad, if the super cooling fails because of this.
you feel the air inside would cause the system to develop a leak in the future, and is even preventing my ac from chilling even better?

is any refrigerant beta?, ie the big 5kg green bottle of gas vs the small 1kg bottles, is any better than the other, I intend to refill with Cheb
refrigerant, as its said to be better than maxxron
Can't really tell,but the only gas that I can confirm is pure R134 with my gas analysing machine is harp and snow

1 Like

Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by Godsun(m): 1:32am On Apr 28, 2018
Hi Mobos, thanks for your support so far. My AC was working fine I just felt it wasn't cool enuf so I went to refill the gas. Immediately I refilled it, grew compressor started working intermittently. I mean the ac fan continues to blow but it only blows cold air at intervals and at overall the car doesn't get cold at all.
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 7:17am On Apr 28, 2018
Godsun:
Hi Mobos, thanks for your support so far. My AC was working fine I just felt it wasn't cool enuf so I went to refill the gas. Immediately I refilled it, grew compressor started working intermittently. I mean the ac fan continues to blow but it only blows cold air at intervals and at overall the car doesn't get cold at all.
Pls I don't understand your complains.
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by Godsun(m): 6:13pm On Apr 28, 2018
mosbus:

Pls I don't understand your complains.
My AC blows cold air for few seconds and then blows ordinary air, blows cold air again and then ordinary air.

The cooling is intermittent and this started after I refilled the gas by a road side technician.
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 9:49pm On Apr 28, 2018
Godsun:

My AC blows cold air for few seconds and then blows ordinary air, blows cold air again and then ordinary air.

The cooling is intermittent and this started after I refilled the gas by a road side technician.
Overfilling of gas can cause that,and also check radiator fan rotation.
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by Godsun(m): 6:37pm On Apr 29, 2018
mosbus:

Overfilling of gas can cause that,and also check radiator fan rotation.
Thanks Mosbus. My observation is that the compressor stop intermittently.

What should I check in the fan rotation and how do I solve overfilled gas issue?
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 9:37pm On Apr 29, 2018
Godsun:

Thanks Mosbus. My observation is that the compressor stop intermittently.

What should I check in the fan rotation and how do I solve overfilled gas issue?
Drain the gas from the high side,and for the fan.The speed should increase after 30sec-2mins when ever you put on the ac,and also some cars radiator fan increases immediately you put the ac on.so it all depends on how the manufacturers of your car design the electrical wiring.
In addition some Rewire's do mistakes when ever they are connecting your fan some time instead of blow the normal direction it will be blowing the reverse way.
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by Gshakiru(m): 8:27am On May 02, 2018
Hello Mosbus,

I need your advice on the air conditioning system of my Camry 2000.

The A.C does not cool while stock in traffic and improves as soon as the car moves. Also, the A.C switch on button light (green light) blinks while working and A.C does not cool like I would have wanted.

My location is Ajah, Lagos.
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 9:23pm On May 02, 2018
Gshakiru:
Hello Mosbus,

I need your advice on the air conditioning system of my Camry 2000.

The A.C does not cool while stock in traffic and improves as soon as the car moves. Also, the A.C switch on button light (green light) blinks while working and A.C does not cool like I would have wanted.

My location is Ajah, Lagos.
You have low refrigerant in the system,and for the switch blinking,your torque sensor is faulty and you find that sensor under your compressor.
Pls tell your technician to check your compressor oil seal first if there is any leakage before any further check.
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by equity2genesis(m): 6:36pm On May 08, 2018
Oga Mosbus - I sincerely appreciate your efforts in resolving my EOD's A.C issues on Saturday and Sunday.

With the use of his latest sophisticated machine/tools, the A.C came back to life and is still chilling ooo grin grin

A humble, educated and down to earth guy. He even came on Sunday to help correct another issue on my Compressor.

Extend my regards to Baba Blue (Chelsea Fan)

3 Likes

Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by Mcmanuel(m): 7:44pm On May 08, 2018
equity2genesis:
Oga Mosbus - I sincerely appreciate your efforts in resolving my EOD's A.C issues on Saturday and Sunday.

With the use of his latest sophisticated machine/tools, the A.C came back to life and is still chilling ooo grin grin

A humble, educated and down to earth guy. He even came on Sunday to help correct another issue on my Compressor.

Extend my regards to Baba Blue (Chelsea Fan)

shocked mosbus u now work on Sunday abi? Expect me in okeho first thing Sunday morning then grin grin
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 8:39pm On May 08, 2018
Mcmanuel:

shocked mosbus u now work on Sunday abi? Expect me in okeho first thing Sunday morning then grin grin
LOL,abeg no come ooooh.
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by Shalomc(f): 10:55pm On May 13, 2018
Compressor Replacement Without a Vacuum Pump

Evacuation Procedure

1 - With the new compressor installed, turn on the compressor and depress the access valve on the high side of the system. Monitor the pressure on the low side of the system. When the pressure is as low as it will go, close the access valve on the high side of the system and turn off the compressor. This process will take about 5 minutes.

2 – Charge the low side of the system to approximately 14 psi.

3 – Wait about 3 minutes for the pressures on the high and low side to equalize.

4 – Now turn the compressor on and depress the access valve on the high side. When the pressure on the low side is as low as it will go, let the high side access valve close and turn off the compressor.

5 – Repeat steps 2, 3 and 4. Note, on successive evacuations, the low side pressure will not go as low because of the absorption of refrigerant in the compressor oil and it’s slow release.

6 – Charge the low side of the system to approximately 14 psi.

7 – Wait 3 minutes for the pressure to equalize. Turn on the compressor and depress the access valve on the high side. This time, when gas is no longer coming out the high side access valve, let the valve close. The air is now purged from the system.

8 – Charge the system with the appropriate amount of refrigerant and turn on the compressor.

9 – Make appropriate adjustments in system charge if necessary.em change if necessary.

mosbus is this true?
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 8:34am On May 14, 2018
Shalomc:
Compressor Replacement Without a Vacuum Pump

mosbus is this true?
I advice you vacuum the system if you replace any part.
All you need is have a vacuum pump and vacuum to 20-30 minutes.because there is no how you will change any part and atmospheric pressure won't come in.

Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 7:29pm On May 17, 2018
Vacuuming BMW X3 before refilling.fiil free to contact mosbus cool,if you have any problem with your auto air conditioning.
Tel:08026941215 or 08037586148
Whatsapp:08026941215

Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by Gshakiru(m): 6:07am On Jun 07, 2018
I wish to thank you for your remote assistance in relation to my air conditioning system.
It's a month now and the A.C is still chilling. I hope to pay you a visit in your workshop soon.

You have low refrigerant in the system,and for the switch blinking,your torque sensor is faulty and you find that sensor under your compressor.
Pls tell your technician to check your compressor oil seal first if there is any leakage before any further check.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 11:37am On Jun 13, 2018
Possible cause of black debris in your car air conditioning system.
1,clogged condenser
2,blocked discharge hose
3,wrong compressor oil type
4,bad refrigerant
5,low or excessive refrigerant in the system
6,lack of vacuuming the system before refilling
7,raditor fan failure
8,electrical issue
9,faulty evaporator thermostat
10,blockage inside the engine radiator.
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 11:22pm On Jul 05, 2018
Fill free to contact mosbus cool,if you have any issue with your car air conditioning.
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by kayswag100(m): 7:46pm On Jul 08, 2018
My ac gas leaks out after barely 2weeks of every refill. I need a permanent solution. It's always a lose joint or the other... nissan altima.

Pls revert sir
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 8:11pm On Jul 08, 2018
kayswag100:
My ac gas leaks out after barely 2weeks of every refill. I need a permanent solution. It's always a lose joint or the other... nissan altima.

Pls revert sir
Check evaporator or compressor oil seal
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 9:47pm On Jul 12, 2018
What a wonderful exhibition with mastercool and the area sales manager mr Jan vanderhenst.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

Have You Ever Seen A Range Rover Pickup Before? Dope Or Not? / Collections Of Luxury Cars In Dubai Police Force Fleet / #167million Phantom, Rolls-Royce Unveils World's Most Quiet&Advanced Car(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.