Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,621 members, 7,827,324 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

If Osinbajo Is Forced To Resign - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Osinbajo Is Forced To Resign (12314 Views)

Why Osinbajo Is Performing Well – Buhari / Picture Of Buhari Shaking Osinbajo Is Best Of All Buhari's Returning Pictures / Acting President Osinbajo Is Not A ‘Nigerian’ - DELSU Lecturer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Osinbajo Is Forced To Resign by Newmanluckyman(m): 12:56pm On Jan 26, 2017
chiefolododo:
The northern governors are working tirelessly to ensure that the VP resigns and hand over power to one of the most corrupt politicians(Bukola Saraki) of all times. If that happens , then this country should divide . what do these northerners take the rest of the country for? Fools? We are not.

I call on the US President to please protect the acting president and ensure nothing happens to him.

Buhari has developed brain tumor and will never come back as the president . We must all accept Prof. Yemi Osinbajo as our new President.Thanks
... I don't like hypocrisy. When the peaceful demonstrators was celebrating Trump and courting his support, your likes was the first to condemn and call them all sort of names. Pls desist from hypocrisy.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Osinbajo Is Forced To Resign by chiefolododo(m): 12:56pm On Jan 26, 2017
They will ensure he stays even if he dies?
LordAdam7:

The thing is the North would not want to have a repeat of 2009. Not even if they have a clear shot to target Osinbajo.

So, they'll do everything possible to make sure Buhari stays on until 2019. Including keeping him in hospital for as long as is necessary to make him stable

That's all!

But trust me when I say that it is in Osinbajo's interest to pray for the good health of his principal. He is just a pawn in a game between powerful interests in Nigeria.

-Lord
Re: If Osinbajo Is Forced To Resign by LordAdam7: 1:02pm On Jan 26, 2017
ificatchmodeh:
If osibanjo resign or killed.God forbid..

Nothing will happen...

Just noise..

No mind them.

First they were fuming that Tinubu cannot be sidelined and things will remain the same.

Then the same people sidelined and exiled Tinubu, and nothing happened.

Now they are screaming that Osinbajo cannot be forced to resign or assassinated and things will remain the same.

Just empty chest beating.

No region in the South can get anything in the national level with the complicity of another region (whether in the South or North). Same way SS couldn't get the Presidency without the SE, SW and NC in 2009.

Now, unfortunately, the SW is at loggerheads with every other region on this Osinbajo succession and they think they are invisible. What would they do sef? Shut down Nigerian ports that is well protected by the Nigerian army or what exactly? Ground Lagos with protests, when the current armed forces have shown a readiness to quell all protests with violence?

-Lord

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If Osinbajo Is Forced To Resign by LordAdam7: 1:04pm On Jan 26, 2017
chiefolododo:
They will ensure he stays even if he dies?

You need to read it again. They'll do everything to make sure he doesn't die on that seat.

That's what I'm saying.

If he dies on the seat. Then my prayers goes out to the people of SW. A lot of heads will roll to solve the impasse that would ensue.

-Lord

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Osinbajo Is Forced To Resign by LordAdam7: 1:05pm On Jan 26, 2017
Newmanluckyman:
... I don't like hypocrisy. When the peaceful demonstrators was celebrating Trump and courting his support, your likes was the first to condemn and call them all sort of names. Pls desist from hypocrisy.

Hypocrisy is their normal way of life.

The coming weeks and months will be very interesting.

-Lord

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Osinbajo Is Forced To Resign by somito121(m): 1:13pm On Jan 26, 2017
Trump will never help you, USA will never help you, SS and SE will never help you. I am only interested in MY AMIABLE SENATE PRESIDENT AHMED BUKOLA SARAKI becoming the next PRESIDENT and EKWEREMADU becoming the senate president and then AHMED LAWAN becoming the DEPUTY senate president.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Osinbajo Is Forced To Resign by Princesaha: 1:17pm On Jan 26, 2017
LordAdam7:

You need to read it again. They'll do everything to make sure he doesn't die on that seat.

That's what I'm saying.

If he dies on the seat. Then my prayers goes out to the people of SW. A lot of heads will roll to solve the impasse that would ensue.

-Lord
LordAdam7:

That's what I'm saying.

-Lord
LordAdam7:

That's what I'm saying.

-Lord
Hmmm....... A Hausa bike man that took me to my house last night also said the same thing. He was fuming and raging with anger. I did not argue much with him cos he was not making sense at all. He even said that Obasanjo killed Yaradua with Juju and the same Obj and Tinubu are also trying to kill Buhari but that they will deal heavily with the Yorubas if anything happen to Buhari.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Osinbajo Is Forced To Resign by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jan 26, 2017
Most of the people calling the constitution just have not read the constitution

Of course the constitution does recognise the President or the Vice President can resign. What the constitution does not specify is the circumstances that a government official must resign. So anything can lead to the VP resignation.

So that's settled. It is lawful for a VP to resign.

The below is the moral argument for Osibanjo to resign in the interest of peace.
Fundamental to APC campaign was to return power to the north. In fact APC had 15million votes while 12million out of that 15million came from the North! So 80% of the APC mandate was based on returning power to the North! So it will be in the interest of peace given our geopolitical realities for Osibanjo to step down so that the North can serve out their mandate!

The Next northerner in line who is also a Muslim along the chain of command is Bukola Saraki.

Let Saraki take over in the interest of peace

This business of electing dieing northerners so that their southern VPs can sneak into office has got to stop!

Let us be true to ourselves as a Nation and sue for peace at all times!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Osinbajo Is Forced To Resign by chiefolododo(m): 2:04pm On Jan 26, 2017
This is sentiment, my brother . The VP can resign but the Senate President cannot? Where is it written in the constitution that the VP should/ must resign? WE WILL INFORM TRUMP ABOUT YOUR EVIL PLAN
krendo:

Of course the constitution does recognise the President or the Vice President can resign. What the constitution does not specify is the circumstances that a government official must resign. So anything can lead to the VP resignation.

The below is the moral argument for Osibanjo to resign in the interest of peace.
Fundamental to APC campaign was to return power to the north. In fact APC had 15million votes while 12million out of that 15million came from the North! So 80% of the APC mandate was based on returning power to the North! So it will be in the interest of peace given our geopolitical realities for Osibanjo to step down so that the North can serve out their mandate!

The Next northerner in line who is also a Muslim along the chain of command is Bukola Saraki.

This business of electing dieing northerners so that their southern VPs can sneak into office has got to stop!

Re: If Osinbajo Is Forced To Resign by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jan 26, 2017
chiefolododo:
This is sentiment, my brother . The VP can resign but the Senate President cannot? Where is it written in the constitution that the VP should/ must resign? WE WILL INFORM TRUMP ABOUT YOUR EVIL PLAN

Of course the senate president can resign

Of course it is not a must by law for Osibanjo to resign

But for the sake of peace it is morally right for Osibanjo to step down given our political realities and based on APC mandate of which 80% came from the North

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Osinbajo Is Forced To Resign by chiefolododo(m): 2:27pm On Jan 26, 2017
Dont say 80% votes came from the North. How about underaged that voted in the North
krendo:

Of course the senate president can resign

Of course it is not a must by law for Osibanjo to resign

But for the sake of peace it is morally right for Osibanjo to step down given our political realities and based on APC mandate of which 80% came from the North
Re: If Osinbajo Is Forced To Resign by jumobi1(m): 2:35pm On Jan 26, 2017
krendo:

If the North voted a dying person as you alluded to then they have to live with the consequence. They had options. I wish PMB good health but according to the supreme law of the land, the VP takes over in case of incasity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Osinbajo Is Forced To Resign by Bahddo(m): 2:49pm On Jan 26, 2017
krendo:

You are making it sound like the south deceived the north into voting a sickly Buhari. Stop being sentimental bro.

The constitution is clear on the matter. Respect it.
Re: If Osinbajo Is Forced To Resign by tit(f): 2:52pm On Jan 26, 2017
No need for osinbanjo to resign.
Buhari can run the government from anywhere - london or his grave.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Osinbajo Is Forced To Resign by sekamykome(m): 3:14pm On Jan 26, 2017
hahahhaha, This is the most hilarious thing I have read all day!!! Now for the records, Sir Olododo Nigeria is a Sovereign nation and its vice president cannot be protected by the president of another country, the Vice president is protected by the secret service and your countries military not by US president and besides quite the rubbish of people trying to impeach the VP, governors cannot impeach the vp, thirdly his excellency is not dead, he went on leave stop posting things like these. Remember you have freedom of speech, the law enforcement agencies have the right to maintain peace.
Re: If Osinbajo Is Forced To Resign by mandarin: 3:26pm On Jan 26, 2017
God keeps PMB to fight his course for this country but should God take him home Nothing can shake the VP, he will be President and win a re election. If it should happen let him name Nuhu Ribadu as his vice irrespective of any pressure from anywhere. Let the world gather, God is more than them. Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: If Osinbajo Is Forced To Resign by ScotsReferendum: 3:26pm On Jan 26, 2017
Princesaha:

Hmmm....... A Hausa bike man that took me to my house last night also said the same thing. He was fuming and raging with anger. I did not argue much with him cos he was not making sense at all. He even said that Obasanjo killed Yaradua with Juju and the same Obj and Tinubu are also trying to kill Buhari but that they will deal heavily with the Yorubas if anything happen to Buhari.

They will really deal with Yorubas

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Osinbajo Is Forced To Resign by gotnel: 3:33pm On Jan 26, 2017
LordAdam7:
Saraki will be a better President than Osinbajo. That much is audible to the deaf and visible to the blind.

A so-called Pastor under which killers of another preacher in Abuja (in the same city that he is staying and working) were released and he kept mute. Is it this same person you think can handle Nigeria's wahala.

He may be assassinated. And contrary to what people think nothing will happen.

Only the SW will fume as Saraki is accepted in the NE, NW, NC, SE, and SS. Na just to send enough military men to the SW to quell any protests by fire and force. Yes. What was done to Shiite and IPOB will be done to the SW protesters (or sorry dissenters and treasonous elements).

Abi do the Yorubas think the North will protest against Saraki. Or do the Yorubas think the Igbos and Niger Deltans will protest WITH Yorubas after they protested against Goodluck, were instrumental in his defeat, and even supported the Northern presidency in their illegitimate killings of Igbo protesters in the SE or innocent village people in Gbaramatu in Niger Delta.

Anything the North likes should be done to Osibanjo. Nothing, I repeat, nothing will happen.

-Lord
Your reasoning capacity is very much low. How you see things made your reasons very myopic.

1 Like

Re: If Osinbajo Is Forced To Resign by hucienda: 3:40pm On Jan 26, 2017
LordAdam7:

What goes around comes around.

In 1999, when the Yorubas disowned OBJ, who stood by him? Answer that question.

Then in 2011, the entire Yorubas repaid the favor with Jonathan.

Then in 2015, thinking there was no debt any longer, the Yorubas went back to their favorite partners. And between that time and now supported all manner of ill-treatment against the Jonathans (while shielding other ex first families including the Abachas), and citizens of the SS/SE by the Northern presidency and Yoruba elite.

Now is 2017, we will repay that favor in kind.

The north are good students of the Nigerian polity. Personally, I think Buhari will return. They'd keep him stable till 2019, and then he'll drop Osibanjo and re-contest or hand the mantle to another Northerner. If Buhari was truly brain-dead, Osinbajo would not be in Aso Rock right now.

Everyone knows why the SW supported Buhari in 2015, they knew something like this was going to happen. Unfortunately, they had to make enemies out of the same people who would have supported them to get what they want. Now, you guys would likely pay for that miscalculation.

Let me make it clear. No true SS/SE/NC/NE/NW person will die for Osinbajo. He has done nothing for the many Christians killed and he is the symbol of the SW betrayal of the entire South. He is also the chief infidel in the presidency (talking from the POV of the Northerners).

Pray Tinubu, Bisi, and Afenifere can protect you guys if things go south. The rest of Nigeria don't give an eff 'bout the VP.

-Lord

Lord Adam has summarised the current political quagmire the country finds herself in now.

4 Likes

Re: If Osinbajo Is Forced To Resign by ShakaZullu(m): 3:44pm On Jan 26, 2017
chiefolododo:
I recognise your hatred for the Yorubas. You are supporting the north to sack Osinbajo , is that what the constitution says? Will you be proud of your country where lawlessness abound?
just like you are proud of the country illegally detaining Kanu even when he has two court ruling on his bail grin

hahaha some times i laugh at people because karma visits when you least expected cool

9 Likes

Re: If Osinbajo Is Forced To Resign by sekamykome(m): 3:51pm On Jan 26, 2017
this was how they started badmouthing Jonathan until we could not defend him again, now you have started your own it will fail. There is nothing wrong with the president and stop talking all this rubbish about the vp being president, we still have a president and he is on leave, stop all these rubish
LordAdam7:
Saraki will be a better President than Osinbajo. That much is audible to the deaf and visible to the blind.

A so-called Pastor under which killers of another preacher in Abuja (in the same city that he is staying and working) were released and he kept mute. Is it this same person you think can handle Nigeria's wahala.

He may be assassinated. And contrary to what people think nothing will happen.

Only the SW will fume as Saraki is accepted in the NE, NW, NC, SE, and SS. Na just to send enough military men to the SW to quell any protests by fire and force. Yes. What was done to Shiite and IPOB will be done to the SW protesters (or sorry dissenters and treasonous elements).

Abi do the Yorubas think the North will protest against Saraki. Or do the Yorubas think the Igbos and Niger Deltans will protest WITH Yorubas after they protested against Goodluck, were instrumental in his defeat, and even supported the Northern presidency in their illegitimate killings of Igbo protesters in the SE or innocent village people in Gbaramatu in Niger Delta.

Anything the North likes should be done to Osibanjo. Nothing, I repeat, nothing will happen.

-Lord
Re: If Osinbajo Is Forced To Resign by Omoluabi16(m): 3:57pm On Jan 26, 2017
Nigeria has 3 choices.Either start acting as one united country without tribalism and respecting our constitution, remain stagnant with zero progress Or we outrightly separate. seems we want to remain stuck. How can people even suggest the V.P resigns all in a bid for power? Did buhari not see saraki before the Prof? In all these politicking, nigerians are getting angrier and hungrier. Nigeria don cast, na only sick people dey lead us.
Re: If Osinbajo Is Forced To Resign by Omoluabi16(m): 4:03pm On Jan 26, 2017
LordAdam7:

That's what I'm saying.

-Lord
Hatred has surely beclouded your sense.
Re: If Osinbajo Is Forced To Resign by LordAdam7: 4:14pm On Jan 26, 2017
sekamykome:
this was how they started badmouthing Jonathan until we could not defend him again, now you have started your own it will fail. There is nothing wrong with the president and stop talking all this rubbish about the vp being president, we still have a president and he is on leave, stop all these rubish

gotnel:

Your reasoning capacity is very much low. How you see things made your reasons very myopic.

Omoluabi16:

This is how you guys would remain emotional until sh*t hits the fan!

Personally, I do not want Buhari to die on that seat for the sake of peace.

I'm a realist and I'll tell you what is obtainable.

What is obtainable is that if the North wants Osinbajo to resign or even assassinate him, they can do it and get away with it.

You can agree or disagree with me. That's your own prerogative. But just hope that it doesn't get to that.

-Lord

12 Likes

Re: If Osinbajo Is Forced To Resign by Cletus77(m): 4:18pm On Jan 26, 2017
krendo:
Osibanjo should resign in the interest of peace and progress

Let Saraki be the President

He will lead this nation better, he is more capable than osibanjo

Those who call Saraki corrupt should show court ruling proving their case

Saraki for President!
this is not about saraki, this is about how hungry the north is for power

1 Like

Re: If Osinbajo Is Forced To Resign by Toosure70: 4:18pm On Jan 26, 2017
LordAdam7:

GBAM!

It's troubling that the same people who do not speak up about the lawlessness since now want to speak about lawlessness should Osinbajo be pushed aside.

Keeping Dasuki and Kanu after being granted bail? Is that the rule of law?

The same way everybody watched idly by is the same way the Aso Rock mafia would pull a wool over Osinbajo and everybody would watch idly as well.

Let's all hope it doesn't get to that level. For the sake of the innocents in the SW. Because na there go be the battle-ground.

-Lord
The little chance your hero got was made possible by Yorubas, Kaa da fun Baba re.
Re: If Osinbajo Is Forced To Resign by Toosure70: 4:21pm On Jan 26, 2017
krendo:

Saraki for President!
G B A M !!! The animal has spoken.
Re: If Osinbajo Is Forced To Resign by LecciGucci: 4:31pm On Jan 26, 2017
Omoluabi16:

U people and ur hypocrisy.. sometimes i wonder if u guys have conscience. U called his analytic comments "hatred".. but and ur people were rejoicing on the thread a little 17yr old boy was shot dead coz he was protesting... i even read a comment of some1 who said "Good riddance" and dat shocked me and got me emotional how somebody would be heartless to say such cry

Anyways Lets just pray PMB is alive....else the result aint going to be nice at all.
Coz the type of coments i hear from nothern people offline concerning this issue.. hm!

KARMA is very very real.. its not a joke!
Sometimes it takes time sometimes it comes too soon!

6 Likes

Re: If Osinbajo Is Forced To Resign by chloride6: 4:44pm On Jan 26, 2017
krendo:

Saraki for President!

Your fada
Re: If Osinbajo Is Forced To Resign by Igboid: 4:46pm On Jan 26, 2017
Saraki is supposedly a Yoruba man from
Kwara state. I dont see why Yorubas should have issues with him( Osibanjo) stepping aside for Saraki, or are Kwara Yorubas nolonger Yorubas?

8 Likes

Re: If Osinbajo Is Forced To Resign by LordAdam7: 4:46pm On Jan 26, 2017
@Toosure70

Thunder rape you for that comment.

So the SS and SE just stood idly by while Yorubas did everything to put GEJ in 2009.

You must be very sick for that statement?

Don't worry, let Buhari die, you guys will have your chance to single-handedly put Osinbajo there. No need to brag. Let's just watch and wait.

-Lord

12 Likes

Re: If Osinbajo Is Forced To Resign by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jan 26, 2017
chiefolododo:
The northern governors are working tirelessly to ensure that the VP resigns and hand over power to one of the most corrupt politicians(Bukola Saraki) of all times. If that happens , then this country should divide . what do these northerners take the rest of the country for? Fools? We are not.

I call on the US President to please protect the acting president and ensure nothing happens to him.

Buhari has developed brain tumor and will never come back as the president . We must all accept Prof. Yemi Osinbajo as our new President.Thanks

Bro nothing will happen. Even if he resigns under gun point, nothing will happen.

It is not yet time for break up though it is near.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Independence day: Buhari To Hold Live Presidential Broadcast By 7 Am Tomorrow / Kogi November Poll: Kogi East Women Drum Support For Natasha Akpoti -bira Online / Women Threaten To Boycott Ondo Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.