Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,938 members, 7,952,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:17 AM

Oil Exploration In Bauchi Reaches Advanced Stage (Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oil Exploration In Bauchi Reaches Advanced Stage (Photos) (37677 Views)

Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency / NNPC Commences Crude Oil Exploration In Nasarawa State / NNPC Begins Oil Exploration In The Sokoto Basin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Exploration In Bauchi Reaches Advanced Stage (Photos) by rusher14: 2:51pm On Feb 12, 2017
tempest01:

And you that knows, what can you say to prove him wrong?

Advanced stage means making a find and carrying out appraisal. All I see here is banishing equipment they don't even know how to use.

Those are vibroseis machines.

They generate sweeps of seismic energy used in imaging of the subsurface.

Sometimes it's best you search for knowledge rather than broadcast your ignorance.

3 Likes

Re: Oil Exploration In Bauchi Reaches Advanced Stage (Photos) by KevinDein: 2:53pm On Feb 12, 2017
OkoYiboz:

Educationally, economically, infrastructurally, and security wise, the North is beyond backwards.

I've been to 26 states in Nigeria and I'm telling you based on experience and stats. The North is so poor that it can't eat what it produces. Everything there is brought here.

A new crop of Northern leaders need to emerge to replace the misfits presently leading the Northern people.
after the exaggeration and lies.....

1 Like

Re: Oil Exploration In Bauchi Reaches Advanced Stage (Photos) by JeffreyJamez(m): 2:55pm On Feb 12, 2017
undecided
Re: Oil Exploration In Bauchi Reaches Advanced Stage (Photos) by rusher14: 2:56pm On Feb 12, 2017
FabioPeter:
This is not oil exploration, it looks like data acquisition. It's done to determine the economic feasibility of the reservoir.

Please under what category is data acquisition placed?
Exploration or production?

1 Like

Re: Oil Exploration In Bauchi Reaches Advanced Stage (Photos) by athorello(m): 2:58pm On Feb 12, 2017
Use of vibroseis in the right terrain.... Feels like the place any Nigerian geophysicist would love to be.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oil Exploration In Bauchi Reaches Advanced Stage (Photos) by EmeeNaka: 3:01pm On Feb 12, 2017
KevinDein:
behind all the "lol" I truly feel your pains.
The North needs Oyel money more than anything else. You mean dry northern forest hold oil reserve? Lol. Buhari is playing politics with Niger Delta oil money.
Re: Oil Exploration In Bauchi Reaches Advanced Stage (Photos) by Bizibi(m): 3:03pm On Feb 12, 2017
vanbonattel:

Diversification in Nigeria means changing the location of oil wells from south to north.
lol,yea.....only in Nigeria the sleeping giant of africa
Re: Oil Exploration In Bauchi Reaches Advanced Stage (Photos) by Nobody: 3:04pm On Feb 12, 2017
vanbonattel:
It's good. This is the diversification of our resources the president promised Nigerians. When I say Goodluck Jonathan is a leaner where this fraud of a government is, ZoneBs won't understand.

They will continue to milk Niger Delta resources to get oil, and when they do, no southerner can dream of getting an oil well up north. Our mumu don do!

Lalasticlala, seun , mynd44
In that case, let every region hold unto them oil na.
Re: Oil Exploration In Bauchi Reaches Advanced Stage (Photos) by Nobody: 3:08pm On Feb 12, 2017
vanbonattel:

Diversification in Nigeria means changing the location of oil wells from south to north.
I see, do we then abandon those in the south cos we want to diversify ?
Re: Oil Exploration In Bauchi Reaches Advanced Stage (Photos) by Nobody: 3:09pm On Feb 12, 2017
Oga those are seismic vibrators and it means dem still dey find oil ...

I wish them luck.

2 Likes

Re: Oil Exploration In Bauchi Reaches Advanced Stage (Photos) by bsideboii(m): 3:12pm On Feb 12, 2017
dis project is sponsored by who? Individuals or the govt. in recession
Re: Oil Exploration In Bauchi Reaches Advanced Stage (Photos) by southpole: 3:15pm On Feb 12, 2017
OkoYiboz:
It's not a matter of oil or not, it's a matter of orientation and leadership. No matter the volume of oil the North has, there would still be beggars coming from the North to beg all around Nigeria.

There is no sector that the North has excelled in leadership and management.
Is just that in the North we prefer to b beggers than to be kidnappers, armed robbers, drug pushers etc.

2 Likes

Re: Oil Exploration In Bauchi Reaches Advanced Stage (Photos) by tempest01(m): 3:16pm On Feb 12, 2017
rusher14:

Those are vibroseis machines.

They generate sweeps of seismic energy used in imaging of the subsurface.

Sometimes it's best you search for knowledge rather than broadcast your ignorance.

Does acquiring seismic data for geographical mapping and interpretation equate to advanced exploration stage in finding Commercial reservoir for exploitation?

Common you are more intelligent than this.

1 Like

Re: Oil Exploration In Bauchi Reaches Advanced Stage (Photos) by menwongo(m): 3:19pm On Feb 12, 2017
Have food things ever comes from desert?

Oil will never be seen in dry lands!
Re: Oil Exploration In Bauchi Reaches Advanced Stage (Photos) by rusher14: 3:23pm On Feb 12, 2017
tempest01:

Does acquiring seismic data for geographical mapping and interpretation equate to advanced exploration stage in finding Commercial reservoir for exploitation?

Common you are more intelligent than this.

This is considered advanced because they've moved away from the drawing board, reconnaissance, from geodetic surveying and they are now into full fledged seismic surveying.

The analysis of the survey would determine if Wells are to be sited, how many and where exactly.

There can be no drilling ( actually there can be wildcats) without this stage of investigation.

Also, a well might already be in the vicinity and they may be carrying out VSPs or 4D surveys.
Either way this is well advanced exploration.

1 Like

Re: Oil Exploration In Bauchi Reaches Advanced Stage (Photos) by Nobody: 3:25pm On Feb 12, 2017
advanced stage ke when they have not even found one gallon of oil Lmao
Re: Oil Exploration In Bauchi Reaches Advanced Stage (Photos) by Nobody: 3:33pm On Feb 12, 2017
rusher14:

This is considered advanced because they've moved away from the drawing board, reconnaissance, from geodetic surveying and they are now into full fledged seismic surveying.

The analysis of the survey would determine if Wells are to be sited, how many and where exactly.

There can be no drilling ( actually there can be wildcats) without this stage of investigation.

Also, a well might already be in the vicinity and they may be carrying out VSPs or 4D surveys.

Not only do you give an epic reply to those empty headed haters but you give it in a super epic & knowledgeable way.

You have my respect sir

3 Likes

Re: Oil Exploration In Bauchi Reaches Advanced Stage (Photos) by southpole: 3:35pm On Feb 12, 2017
EmeeNaka:
The North needs Oyel money more than anything else. You mean dry northern forest hold oil reserve? Lol. Buhari is playing politics with Niger Delta oil money.
You asked a question, let me educate you even though d south erroneously believed it is educated. when you asked whether the dry northern forest hold oil reserve, I will advise you look at the world distribution of oil. Majority of the richest oil reserves are located in dry countries such as Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Iran, Irag, Libya, Niger, California in USA and many others. Niger Republic having oil suggest that Northern Nigeria has oil. It will b an act of foolishness if d neighbour just behind your window is tapping oil and you are doing nothing to also tap. it is very unfortunate that some comments here show some people will not be happy if oil is finally strike in d North.

2 Likes

Re: Oil Exploration In Bauchi Reaches Advanced Stage (Photos) by tempest01(m): 3:40pm On Feb 12, 2017
rusher14:

If you are still shooting waves and gathering data with geophones, then it is not an "advanced stage". I do really hope they find oil, but it's not pictures like these that find the oil.
Re: Oil Exploration In Bauchi Reaches Advanced Stage (Photos) by kabrud: 3:41pm On Feb 12, 2017
OkoYiboz:
It's not a matter of oil or not, it's a matter of orientation and leadership. No matter the volume of oil the North has, there would still be beggars coming from the North to beg all around Nigeria.

There is no sector that the North has excelled in leadership and management.

That's not the point. The point is that 13% derivation that cannot be accounted for will either be spread to all states or be stopped. Whether there will be beggars or not is not the issue.

2 Likes

Re: Oil Exploration In Bauchi Reaches Advanced Stage (Photos) by Ejembiisrael(m): 3:46pm On Feb 12, 2017
sar33:
President Buhari's determination to explore oil in the north yields positive results as oil exploration in Bauchi has reached an advanced stage.

Image credit: Buhari Sallau

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/02/oil-exploration-in-bauchi-has-reached.html?m=1
All I See Are Contruction Equipments,machines And People Where Is The Black Gold
Re: Oil Exploration In Bauchi Reaches Advanced Stage (Photos) by NaMe4: 3:49pm On Feb 12, 2017
MidolsStudent:
U mean advanced stage of desperately looking for oil?

Hehehehehehe
Re: Oil Exploration In Bauchi Reaches Advanced Stage (Photos) by EmeeNaka: 3:53pm On Feb 12, 2017
southpole:

You asked a question, let me educate you even though d south erroneously believed it is educated. when you asked whether the dry northern forest hold oil reserve, I will advise you look at the world distribution of oil. Majority of the richest oil reserves are located in dry countries such as Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Iran, Irag, Libya, Niger, California in USA and many others. Niger Republic having oil suggest that Northern Nigeria has oil. It will b an act of foolishness if d neighbour just behind your window is tapping oil and you are doing nothing to also tap. it is very unfortunate that some comments here show some people will not be happy if oil is finally strike in d North.
Nobody will stop North from tapping oil in their land if there is any. It's just that it seems there is not oil in commercial quantity there. Buhari may be wasting the scarce resources Nigeria has for a wild goose chase.
Re: Oil Exploration In Bauchi Reaches Advanced Stage (Photos) by Nobody: 3:54pm On Feb 12, 2017
southpole:

Is just that in the North we prefer to b beggers than to be kidnappers, armed robbers, drug pushers etc.

No one should be allowed to beg. These beggars could be useful on the farms and factories if they are properly oriented.

Begging should be discouraged.
Re: Oil Exploration In Bauchi Reaches Advanced Stage (Photos) by thaoriginator: 3:57pm On Feb 12, 2017
Iamwrath:
Awa oyel pipu will not like this
grin

You no see them for up how dem dey vex tear clothes...

Wailing wailers, Igbos and ipads lol

1 Like

Re: Oil Exploration In Bauchi Reaches Advanced Stage (Photos) by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 4:28pm On Feb 12, 2017
vanbonattel:
It's good. This is the diversification of our resources the president promised Nigerians. When I say Goodluck Jonathan is a leaner where this fraud of a government is, ZoneBs won't understand.

They will continue to milk Niger Delta resources to get oil, and when they do, no southerner can dream of getting an oil well up north. Our mumu don do!

Lalasticlala, seun , mynd44

WHat you talking about? You guys have been crying and wailing all over the places about it's our oil, leave our oil alone etc and Buhari determine to look for oil in North and behold they discover oil so what's your fuss about that?

We have oil in Lagos too so you guys will soon be left with your oil but what i know is most company won't patronize you guys cos of militants.. hahah

1 Like

Re: Oil Exploration In Bauchi Reaches Advanced Stage (Photos) by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 4:29pm On Feb 12, 2017
MidolsStudent:
U mean advanced stage of desperately looking for oil?

And what's your problem with the desperately looking for oil?

Did they look for oil in your farmland? Hahahha make una dey go drink una oil oooo..

you guys think you are the only one blessed with oil?

2 Likes

Re: Oil Exploration In Bauchi Reaches Advanced Stage (Photos) by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 4:32pm On Feb 12, 2017
JacksonD7:

At this rate maybe they'll move the cattle industry to the south.

LOL you guys will be left with your oyel soon, The north will have Oil, Cattle, Farm product etc..

2 Likes

Re: Oil Exploration In Bauchi Reaches Advanced Stage (Photos) by vanbonattel: 4:35pm On Feb 12, 2017
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

WHat you talking about? You guys have been crying and wailing all over the places about it's our oil, leave our oil alone etc and Buhari determine to look for oil in North and behold they discover oil so what's your fuss about that?

We have oil in Lagos too so you guys will soon be left with your oil but what i know is most company won't patronize you guys cos of militants.. hahah

No problems, since you used our money to find the oil, I hope you know we shall have many oil wells in the north grin

1 Like

Re: Oil Exploration In Bauchi Reaches Advanced Stage (Photos) by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 4:40pm On Feb 12, 2017
vanbonattel:

No problems, since you used our money to find the oil, I hope you know we shall have many oil wells in the north grin

Una money? How if i may ask?

1 Like

Re: Oil Exploration In Bauchi Reaches Advanced Stage (Photos) by vanbonattel: 4:42pm On Feb 12, 2017
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

Una money? How if i may ask?

Where else does Nigeria earn money if not from oil. We produce oil in my local government.

1 Like

Re: Oil Exploration In Bauchi Reaches Advanced Stage (Photos) by mesoprogress(m): 4:42pm On Feb 12, 2017
Nothing is advanced with a few survey equipment scattered all around

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tree Falls On Kabiru Ibrahim Dallah's Car In Lafia, Nasarawa While On Reverse / Folasade Adeleke Shares Pregnancy Photoshoot / Abdullahi Adamu Emerges APC National Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.