Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole (44234 Views)

Lere Olayinka Drinks With Friends As Sheriff Loses At Supreme Court (Photos) / Mo Abudu Suspected To Be Amaechi's Girlfriend - Lere Olayinka (photos) / " Our President Is Rulling Us With NEPA BILL As Certificate"- Lere Olayinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by ayobamiakinrind(m): 8:55pm On Feb 16, 2017
origima:

We have a terrible culture .we no longer respect or be respected.Is this the best way to address a minister and from the aid of a Governor?

Are you just seeing that? It started from the days of 'MAD dog ', now it's 'madding MAD'.
Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by Taiwx(m): 9:00pm On Feb 16, 2017
Qmerit:
well like Gov like Aide
Qmerit:
well like Gov like Aide

1 Like

Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by themanderon: 9:01pm On Feb 16, 2017
Well.....what most people don't understand is that the cure to HIV is not meant to be found..at least not anytime soon. Countries are raking in multi million dollars to manage the disease. Nobody wants to rock the apple cart.
Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by Nobody: 9:03pm On Feb 16, 2017
basilo102:
''Mr Health Minister, are you the one madding mad or mad is madding you?

This is a literary translation of " O bu gi na ayi ara ka obu ara na ayi gi". A popular saying in igbo language. Its like this man understands igbo

lol....grin

you gat jokes grin
Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by AreaFada2: 9:04pm On Feb 16, 2017
Gerrard59:

I do know that no black individual has won a Nobel Prize in any of the sciences (research strength might be our Achilles heel). But this "conspiracy theory" coming from someone like you is stunning. shocked

You might be surprised. A late professor of mine was overlooked for the prize. Even though he discovered something important (and published it) a year before an American who discovered same was given the prize. The first discoverer denied was not black though. it was widely published in UK press. But I knew the inside story. On the positive side, a couple of my former profs did get that prize. So no sour grapes here.

But you see, it is not new for blacks to be denied recognition at the right time.

The role of Hamilton Naki (a black South African) in the first Heart Transplant in 1967 was hardly recognised except after apartheid by the black SA Govt.

But it is more coded these days. I see it happen to people often and I should know.
Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by AZeD1(m): 9:11pm On Feb 16, 2017
Acidosis:
That guy's research finding is currently trending on International journals...

He tested his formula on both male and female HIV patients.. Patients from both gender recovered fully after about 10 months. This is someone that drew his patients from hospitals in Abuja, met all requirements and ethical obligations both nationally (academic-wise) and internationally (for publication).

I pity the future of this country.
10 months is too small a time to test a new drug. Normally, you start with animals before you proceed to humans.
The drug might work on HIV but do you know what side effects it's has or will have?
On average, it takes at least ten years for a new medicine to complete the journey from initial discovery to the marketplace, with clinical trials alone taking six to seven years on average.
You can't claim you've found the cure after 10 months.

3 Likes

Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by Pennywise(m): 9:14pm On Feb 16, 2017
The young man is trying to outdo his boss in showing rascality.

I feel sorry for the people of Ekiti State because they have no real government. Just a ramshackle structure of hooligans and petty crooks sharing Federal allocation.

1 Like

Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by idu1(m): 9:15pm On Feb 16, 2017
Must you insult an elder because you want to make a point?

If the drugs are potent enough we should start producing them.

We must not consultant or seek for approval from any WHO before we do our things here.

Weed is not legal but people are still farming it and the highness is still going round.
Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by Qmerit(m): 9:20pm On Feb 16, 2017
[quote author=Qmerit post=53771619]hmmm is that the best way to go about it with madness? I'm not supporting the minister either but you don't scratch your skin the way it scratches you. If you address the issue politely won't you be heard? The guy is a gov's aide and should behave as one, well like Gov like Aide

Imagine this paragraph... Mr Health Minister, are you the one madding mad or mad is madding you... from a gov spoke's man
Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by lastmaster(m): 9:22pm On Feb 16, 2017
look at the kind of leaders we have naija . Nigeria is truly an evil forest
Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by ehinorlive: 9:31pm On Feb 16, 2017
Qmerit:
hmmm is that the best way to go about it with madness? I'm not supporting the minister either but you don't scratch your skin the way it scratches you. If you address the issue politely won't you be heard? The guy is a gov's aide and should behave as one, well like Gov like Aide

[s][s]Imagine this paragraph... Mr Health Minister, are you the one madding mad or mad is madding you... from a gov spoke's man [/s][
How else do you want him to say it, would he has said it politely, i know you will still complain.

At last God is using Those whose voice can be heard easily.
Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by Qmerit(m): 9:36pm On Feb 16, 2017
[[s][s]quote author=ehinorlive post=53779987]
How else do you want him to say it, would he has said it politely, i know you will still complain.
[/s]

At last God is using Those whose voice can be heard easily.[/quote][/s].

You can't stand my comment so pack well pls
Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by Qmerit(m): 9:39pm On Feb 16, 2017
[[s]quote author=ehinorlive post=53779987]

At last God is using Those whose voice can be heard easily.[/quote][/s]
Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by freeze001(f): 9:53pm On Feb 16, 2017
MICHEALADEX:

You don't run a trail with people's life without due consultation with the government please let's be adults here

Neither do u dismiss possible breakthroughs and sacrifice same on the altar of bureaucracy. A proactive, well meaning government will regularise processes and take it on from there. A formal reprimand rather than outright dismissal would have sufficed, a balance needs to be struck at all times.
Will we be better off if we frustrate his efforts only for a foreign country to give him favourable terms, buy it over n probably squash it so they can keep making money out of a hitherto incurable disease?

1 Like

Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by freeze001(f): 9:54pm On Feb 16, 2017
Acidosis:
That guy's research finding is currently trending on International journals...
He tested his formula on both male and female HIV patients.. Patients from both gender recovered fully after about 10 months. This is someone that drew his patients from hospitals in Abuja, met all requirements and ethical obligations both nationally (academic-wise) and internationally (for publication).

I pity the future of this country.

I just tire! And all some goats here are bothered about is that Lere did not address the minister respectfully like for real? How is that even a material consideration? SMH

1 Like

Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by Cornerstone2020(m): 10:20pm On Feb 16, 2017
GlorifiedTunde:

Obviously this one isn't. Divergence is expected.

divergence you claimed. I am happy I know what Yorubas regard as respect it starts and ends with bowing down to greet
Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by MICHEALADEX(m): 10:21pm On Feb 16, 2017
freeze001:

Neither do u dismiss possible breakthroughs and sacrifice same on the altar of bureaucracy. A proactive, well meaning government will regularise processes and take it on from there. A formal reprimand rather than outright dismissal would have sufficed, a balance needs to be struck at all times.
Will we be better off if we frustrate his efforts only for a foreign country to give him favourable terms, buy it over n probably squash it so they can keep making money out of a hitherto incurable disease?

Still boils down to process...if lere olayinka was as constructive as you are then we won't be here brother. Nice submission. Love you

1 Like

Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by Gerrard59(m): 10:34pm On Feb 16, 2017
AreaFada2:

You might be surprised. [/b]A late professor of mine was overlooked for the prize. Even though he discovered something important (and published it) a year before an American who discovered same was given the prize. The first discoverer denied was not black though. it was widely published in UK press.[b] But I knew the inside story. On the positive side, a couple of my former profs did get that prize. So no sour grapes here.

But you see, it is not new for blacks to be denied recognition at the right time.

The role of Hamilton Naki (a black South African) in the first Heart Transplant in 1967 was hardly recognised except after apartheid by the black SA Govt.
But it is more coded these days. I see it happen to people often and I should know.

OK. If you say so. @bolded, please what year and discovery?

I'm very interested in Nobel Prize winners in scientific fields.
Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by Montaque(m): 10:41pm On Feb 16, 2017
Qmerit:

No, but calling him mad is ok by you?
What's your definition of madness if not this? Many are mad, just few are roaming the streets
Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by BabaPissmaker(m): 10:41pm On Feb 16, 2017
Newshelm:
Spokesperson to controversial governor of Ekiti State, Mr Lere Olayinka has lashed out to Nigeria's Health Minister, Prof. Isaac Adewole for faulting the research done by one Prof who claimed he's found cure for HIV/Aids.

'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Fayose's Aide, Lere Asks Adewole

Olayinka who wrote this on his Facebook timeline said:

Should not obtaining your stupid permit before carrying out the research be the issue or the effectiveness of The drug?

I understand your plight and those of your vampires in the health ministry anyway. The moment there is a drug that can cure HIV/AIDS from Nigeria, all those WHO grants on HIV/AIDS prevention will stop.''

Recall that Prof. Isaac Adewole, on Wednesday said it had been established that the experiment carried out by a professor of veterinary medicine and clinical virology was illegal.

Prof. Maduike Ezeibe of Veterinary Medicine and Clinical Virology Department, Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umuahia, Abia, was reported to have developed a drug that eliminated the deadly virus in some patients.

Ezeibe claimed that the drug, which was produced with “Aluminium Magnesium Silicate”, had the clinical ability to “reach all cells’’ and make HIV “a conquered organism”.

http://www.newshelm.com/2017/02/mr-health-minister-are-you-mad-fayoses.html

And this is supoosed to be the spokesperson for a Governor. What an shocking display of ignorance. There are basic principles that guide science and research Even more so medical research. All of which was ignored. If all the patients drop dead 2 uears after taking the drug. Mr Lere and his ilk will still be the first to jump on social media to blame the minister for not protecting Nigerians. Bloody nincompoop

2 Likes

Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by Oblang(m): 10:45pm On Feb 16, 2017
ChiefWailer:

Pls stop this shit u put up there, whenever people asked for respect for APC members I go angry. APC is made up of people who lacks respect for constituted authorities, Amaechi, lilliputian El Rufai, Lying Liar Mohammed etcetera never respected Jonathan and his family so let Lere fires on

This one will never get over election loss...
Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by Fawklicant: 10:47pm On Feb 16, 2017
Another Abalaka loading...
Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by BabaPissmaker(m): 10:55pm On Feb 16, 2017
AreaFada2:

Immunology behind the job seems quite concrete.

Viral load went to zero & remained so for months now at least.

CD4 level also returned to normal.

Plus curiously complete elimination of VL happened earlier in men than in women during treatment. Is it that women have more areas biologically that are more difficult for the drug to reach? Like more immuno-privileged organs than men have? Because of more complex reproductive organs?

The only slight valid argument is that the drug has not been trialled on enough patients.

Professor Adewole can define clinical trial in x or y number of patients, and cure maintained for p or q number of years, without serious side effects/future health hazards to make it recognised as a cure, depending on current/existing drug development and clinical trial regulations in Nigeria.

HIV/AIDS is too serious to use bureaucracy to frustrate its possible cure.
You sound learned and so I'll reply to use as such. Do you know about the drug thalidomide and the havoc ir caused in the lives of little children and their mothers. That is exactly what you are advocating here. It is not Adewole's place to search for side effects of the Profs work, there are processes to be followed. However strenuous they may be. It's all to avoid calamity

1 Like

Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by AreaFada2: 11:04pm On Feb 16, 2017
BabaPissmaker:

You sound learned and so I'll reply to use as such. Do you know about the drug thalidomide and the havoc ir caused in the lives of little children and their mothers. That is exactly what you are advocating here. It is not Adewole's place to search for side effects of the Profs work, there are processes to be followed. However strenuous they may be. It's all to avoid calamity

Well, I have actually met some thalidomide "babies", now middle-aged.

You forgot where I wrote "Professor Adewole can define clinical trial in x or y number of patients, and cure maintained for p or q number of years, without serious side effects/future health hazards to make it recognised as a cure, depending on current/existing drug development and clinical trial regulations in Nigeria."

There should be processes leading to registration. Yes many drugs in in use now would not have passed clinical trials if done today. Do you know we have not marketed (Bench to bedside) any proper new antibiotics for decades now?

Nobody is saying flood the market with improperly researched/trialled drugs.
Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by AreaFada2: 11:26pm On Feb 16, 2017
Gerrard59:

OK. If you say so. @bolded, please what year and discovery?

I'm very interested in Nobel Prize winners in scientific fields.

Pm me. Saying it here would mean anyone can google & see story, names, location, school, health institutions involved, etc.

We all still wanna have a certain amount of privacy/anonymity. smiley
Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by BalogunIdowu(m): 11:32pm On Feb 16, 2017
most of our so called leaders still relate with secondary school mentality...
Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by Benteazaa(m): 11:37pm On Feb 16, 2017
petrov10:
. Go and meet firefire fast

Lol NAIRALAND I JUST LOVE U GUYS LIKE CRAZY grin grin grin
Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by Nobody: 11:42pm On Feb 16, 2017
Are you madding mad or mad is madding you? Hehehehe... That's the only thing I read

1 Like

Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by Benteazaa(m): 11:42pm On Feb 16, 2017
basilo102:

This is a literary translation of " O bu gi na ayi ara ka obu ara na ayi gi". A popular saying in igbo language. Its like this man understands igbo

Una no go kill me
Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by aristosoft(m): 11:53pm On Feb 16, 2017
lere or whatever your name is. That statement is very uncultured and not typical of the yoruba society even if you and the prof are mates.

To the academic point, they are naturally antagonists to every new discovery and govt always disown all. Where is Abalaka today? You can't just say Eureka when the constituted authorities have not vetoed your findings.

The whites already have drugs but havent announced it because they havent been confirmed. Let's allow FG to do due diligence and if not, I believe he can also approach other international organizations or research institutes

2 Likes

Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by ofwest47(m): 12:10am On Feb 17, 2017
Like the governor like his aid both of them are madding mad.
Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by Nobody: 12:36am On Feb 17, 2017
Qmerit:
hmmm is that the best way to go about it with madness? I'm not supporting the minister either but you don't scratch your skin the way it scratches you. If you address the issue politely won't you be heard? The guy is a gov's aide and should behave as one, well like Gov like Aide

Imagine this paragraph... Mr Health Minister, are you the one madding mad or mad is madding you... from a gov spoke's man. When Kaduna Gov said some people were not qualified to be in his cabinet Sani thought he was lying!/hating
Thank you for your constructive criticism

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Reno Omokri As A UNIBEN Student Preacher In 1990 (Throwback Photo) / Spreadsheet Of The Official Election Results So Far / More Pictures From Labour Party Presidential Rally In Osun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.