Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,894 members, 7,824,745 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole (44242 Views)

Lere Olayinka Drinks With Friends As Sheriff Loses At Supreme Court (Photos) / Mo Abudu Suspected To Be Amaechi's Girlfriend - Lere Olayinka (photos) / " Our President Is Rulling Us With NEPA BILL As Certificate"- Lere Olayinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by vatiqan(m): 8:06pm On Feb 16, 2017
muykem:
This is no longer a politics. Somebody should call Lere to order before it is too late.

.... And the Minister's comment was right, ba? You are Zombie personified. I use to think Dallung was stupid, but now I've known the most stupid of all of Buhari's ministers; and he's a prof, for that matter. Fool.
Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by ProsperLight(m): 8:06pm On Feb 16, 2017
zZ
Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by ChiefWailer: 8:07pm On Feb 16, 2017
bosunayoola:
I don't think this Guy is ok. How on earth u ll talk to honourable minister and former vc like that!. Forget politics, though fayose is my man but u re a lunatic to talk to an elder that way. Stupid boy Lere....Fayose pls call this Were to an order
Pls stop this shit u put up there, whenever people asked for respect for APC members I go angry. APC is made up of people who lacks respect for constituted authorities, Amaechi, lilliputian El Rufai, Lying Liar Mohammed etcetera never respected Jonathan and his family so let Lere fires on
Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by Jabioro: 8:07pm On Feb 16, 2017
Honestly if happened to be Obodo ilu Oyibo, the Oyibo would not tell him that test and wahala the risk he took, was illegal. For Minister of Health all you need to do is to invite and make him carry out such test under your supervision. Is a plus for you and Africa as a whole.. I expected you to do needful especially when we need diversification from from petroleum.. we can export it and the country would make a lot of dollars.. You can still retrace your course Oga Minister of Health.

1 Like

Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by curvilicious: 8:08pm On Feb 16, 2017
Olutayo89:
Wetin b cute?

I guess its a typo
Cure not cute
Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by vatiqan(m): 8:09pm On Feb 16, 2017
WorldRichest:
This is the type of careless and senseless sentences that killed this idiot's mother about a week ago. Maybe it is his uncles, aunts, brothers that will follow this time around before EFCC finally picks him up.

what the stupid minister said was right, ba? Lere, may be the one to announce your death. Fool.
Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by Godprotectigbo5(f): 8:09pm On Feb 16, 2017
unclezuma:
grin grin grin grin

Godprotectigbo5 the rate you dey take collect ban...odikwa egwu ooo

my brother i tire.....my enemies plenty for here ooooo
Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by AreaFada2: 8:09pm On Feb 16, 2017
BigotMan:

I need the link to that journal. Thanks
Immunology behind the job seems quite concrete.

Viral load went to zero & remained so for months now at least.

CD4 level also returned to normal.

Plus curiously complete elimination of VL happened earlier in men than in women during treatment. Is it that women have more areas biologically that are more difficult for the drug to reach? Like more immuno-privileged organs than men have? Because of more complex reproductive organs?

The only slight valid argument is that the drug has not been trialled on enough patients.

Professor Adewole can define clinical trial in x or y number of patients, and cure maintained for p or q number of years, without serious side effects/future health hazards to make it recognised as a cure, depending on current/existing drug development and clinical trial regulations in Nigeria.

HIV/AIDS is too serious to use bureaucracy to frustrate its possible cure.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by MICHEALADEX(m): 8:10pm On Feb 16, 2017
abouzaid:
in all honesty, the statement made by the minister is plain stupid.

You don't run a trail with people's life without due consultation with the government please let's be adults here
nonjebose:
His outburst is very uncalled for. He should show more decorum. The issue with clinical trials is beyond his comprehension. I wish also that the Prof' s work should be encouraged and supported
freeze001:
The moment people leave the substance of what is being said and get hung up on politeness or otherwise, it shows they aren't ready to progress and move past unnecessary strictures. What the minster of health is attempting to do is to throw the baby out with the bath water by dismissing the entire research because of a mere formality. Rather than try to salvage the situation idiots are bothered about how 'constituted authority' is addressed. How about d 'constituted authority' does his job to the benefit of the masses without getting hung up on technicalities?
Btruth:
Madding or mad or is it Mad and madding....anyway, all naa the same. But Minister for allow the drug to "gbera" now.

grin
AreaFada2:

He has published it. In International journals even and presented the cure in an international conference in the US.
What else should he do?

The West will not like it. Nobel Prize for Medicine or Physiology should not go to black Africa. The Indians & Chinese will soon nick the formula. And sell back the drug to us at exorbitant rate.

Since 9ja doesn't value his discovery, he should sell it to the Chinese and make good money. Before others steal it.

Now it is every man for his own pocket.
bosunayoola:
I don't think this Guy is ok. How on earth u ll talk to honourable minister and former vc like that!. Forget politics, though fayose is my man but u re a lunatic to talk to an elder that way. Stupid boy Lere....Fayose pls call this Were to an order

1 Like

Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by maasoap(m): 8:11pm On Feb 16, 2017
Madness taken too far.
Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by ziga: 8:13pm On Feb 16, 2017
What is wrong with the minister asking for the so called cure to be tested in the appropriate manner

If they start administering the so called cure and Nigerians start turning into blood sucking lunatics, I wonder what all the conspiracy theorists will say.

A similar issue happened a few years ago with Pfizer in Kano where innocent children died over a drug trial.

To Mr. loud mouth aide... Science and Medicine is not practiced on twitter or facebook.

4 Likes

Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by vatiqan(m): 8:14pm On Feb 16, 2017
pennywys:
Insult mated on a professor of surgeon is a no no

[/b]professor of surgeon[b]? Smh, for mastication of english.
Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by Purenaija(m): 8:14pm On Feb 16, 2017
This lere Guy should be seeking asylum before next year
Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by Nobody: 8:16pm On Feb 16, 2017
TeeSeven:
What is 'madding mad'?
Madding mad, is when promising during campaign to make 1 naira to a dollar.
Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by LoveJesus87(m): 8:16pm On Feb 16, 2017
paulsibility:
I watched the man explaining the biochemistry n all of the discovery on NTA last week. He made reasonable points.
Like?
Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by richiespice(m): 8:17pm On Feb 16, 2017
everytin ax ton into politics in Nigeria
Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by AreaFada2: 8:17pm On Feb 16, 2017
MICHEALADEX:

You don't run a trail with people's life without due consultation with the government please let's be adults here
You are right. I am quite familiar with the procedure. Even certain research done require permit from Ministry of Interior in organised countries I'm familiar with.

Do you think the University would not have consulted the school's ethics committee for guidance? Or will seasoned researchers not be familiar with established clinical trial rules?

Those careless govt quangos can easily ignore applications or even lose them and nothing will happen.

It seems anything goes in Nigeria.
Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by Opakan2: 8:20pm On Feb 16, 2017
This lere guy get liver sha.. we'll see how far it takes him
Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by Acidosis(m): 8:23pm On Feb 16, 2017
That guy's research finding is currently trending on International journals...

He tested his formula on both male and female HIV patients.. Patients from both gender recovered fully after about 10 months. This is someone that drew his patients from hospitals in Abuja, met all requirements and ethical obligations both nationally (academic-wise) and internationally (for publication).

I pity the future of this country.
Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by thunderbabs: 8:25pm On Feb 16, 2017
Same way the pharmaceutical industry suppresses all known cure for cancer in the US so that they can keep making money off of the cancer patients.

The world and the capitalists is all expliotative.
Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by Nobody: 8:25pm On Feb 16, 2017
All the researchs has been made in the past about the cure of HIV AIDS, what happened to them?
Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by mario383: 8:25pm On Feb 16, 2017
abouzaid:
in all honesty, the statement made by the minister is plain stupid.
Honestly, for some time now, I am always regreting voting for Buhari. The more I try to undermine Buhari and apc members because of their usulessness, the more and more their senselessnes and stupidity surfaces.
Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by ken4jj(m): 8:25pm On Feb 16, 2017
freeze001:
The moment people leave the substance of what is being said and get hung up on politeness or otherwise, it shows they aren't ready to progress and move past unnecessary strictures. What the minster of health is attempting to do is to throw the baby out with the bath water by dismissing the entire research because of a mere formality. Rather than try to salvage the situation idiots are bothered about how 'constituted authority' is addressed. How about d 'constituted authority' does his job to the benefit of the masses without getting hung up on technicalities?

Politics has finished Nigeria. Everybody has taken sides. Nobody wants to look at issues but just defending their own camp.
Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by MICHEALADEX(m): 8:26pm On Feb 16, 2017
AreaFada2:

You are right. I am quite familiar with the procedure. Even certain research done require permit from Ministry of Interior in organised countries I'm familiar with.

Do you think the University would not have consulted the school's ethics committee for guidance? Or will seasoned researchers not be familiar with established clinical trial rules?

Those careless govt quangos can easily ignore applications or even lose them and nothing will happen.

It seems anything goes in Nigeria.

The it's up to the prof to prove he did all it requires to get his full accolades...our people are just soo much in a rush to conclude on matters.

Imagine a spokes person to a government...let him try it in North Korea
Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by Nobody: 8:28pm On Feb 16, 2017
I don't expect much from Lere Olayinka, the village man.

Apart from OSUA (Ondo State University Ado-Ekiti), he's not tasted any civilization. He's been in Ekiti all his life.

To make matter worse, he's always in the company of "agberos" (area boys). So decorum is alien to a specie like him.

Be that as it may, there are laid down regulations for research, and patency of pharmacological agents meant for human consumptions. This is far above the comprehension of ignoramus like Lere Olayinka.

In early stage of medical practice, a scientifst discovered a drug called Thalidomide that could help pregnant women coped with the crises of pregnancy. It actually worked. But some years later, the next generations of women whose their grand mothers had used the same drug began to have babies with birth defects. They had to ban the use of the drug.

Lere Olayinka's level of reasoning cannot comprehend this. That's why he and his cohorts could open their mouth to insult an erudite professor. Well, there's no single person like Professor Adewole in the entire Lere Olayinka's family. So, he wouldn't value a personality like that.

To the Vet. Prof with the bogus claim, I say, go through the normal procedure. We still remember Dr. Abalaka and his noise. Moreso, an expert in animal medicine who wants those of human medicine to take him seriously must be ready to have his claim properly scrutinized. This is the standard in a saner clime.

Leave the uncouth specie called Lere Olayinka in his show of shame.

5 Likes

Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by focus7: 8:28pm On Feb 16, 2017
It's obvious that Olayinka and his followers have lost touch with history otherwise they should know that this thing has to do with government bureaucracy.

During the Obasanjo reign under pdp Dr. Abalaka came up with his purported cure for HIV/AIDS but it was rejected.

Olayinka and pdp should stop playing bad politics with everything, it only exposes their stupidity, every country has their policies that is expected to be followed by every profession.
Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by Gerrard59(m): 8:39pm On Feb 16, 2017
AreaFada2:

He has published it. In International journals even and presented the cure in an international conference in the US.
What else should he do?

[/b]The West will not like it. Nobel Prize for Medicine or Physiology should not go to black Africa.[b] The Indians & Chinese will soon nick the formula. And sell back the drug to us at exorbitant rate.

I do know that no black individual has won a Nobel Prize in any of the sciences (research strength might be our Achilles heel). But this "conspiracy theory" coming from someone like you is stunning. shocked

1 Like

Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by Montaque(m): 8:46pm On Feb 16, 2017
Qmerit:
hmmm is that the best way to go about it with madness? I'm not supporting the minister either but you don't scratch your skin the way it scratches you. If you address the issue politely won't you be heard? The guy is a gov's aide and should behave as one, well like Gov like Aide

Should he now sweet-tongue the minister?
Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by pennywys(m): 8:48pm On Feb 16, 2017
vatiqan:

[/b]professor of surgeon[b]? Smh, for mastication of english.
may ur head keep shaking till it roll on the floor

You fool
Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by Qmerit(m): 8:48pm On Feb 16, 2017
Montaque:

Should he now sweet-tongue the minister?

No, but calling him mad is ok by you?
Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by Bimpe29: 8:52pm On Feb 16, 2017
Lere's remark was not courteous.
Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by freecocoa(f): 8:53pm On Feb 16, 2017
How did we end up with these type of ones in positions of power biko? Kai!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Reno Omokri As A UNIBEN Student Preacher In 1990 (Throwback Photo) / How APC Intends To Finish Off Saraki (see SEC 24 Of The CCT Act ) / Dorothy Nsonma Ihedioha, Mother Of Emeka Ihedioha, Receives Her Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.