Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,866 members, 7,824,607 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole (44241 Views)

Lere Olayinka Drinks With Friends As Sheriff Loses At Supreme Court (Photos) / Mo Abudu Suspected To Be Amaechi's Girlfriend - Lere Olayinka (photos) / " Our President Is Rulling Us With NEPA BILL As Certificate"- Lere Olayinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by cheruv: 12:48am On Feb 17, 2017
basilo102:
''Mr Health Minister, are you the one madding mad or mad is madding you?

This is a literary translation of " O bu gi na ayi ara ka obu ara na ayi gi". A popular saying in igbo language. Its like this man understands igbo
Hahaha

Ole kwanu otu anyi shi ama onye nāyi ibe ya n'ime ha abuashocked

But finally ajuju ahu di woski cheesy
Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by Tinyemeka(m): 2:20am On Feb 17, 2017
basilo102:

It is a literary translation of the igbo word "Iyi ara". Igbo verbs, when literary translated are always doubled. For example, gba oso = Run run
Chia ochi = laugh laugh. Kwue okwu = talk talk. Bee akwa = cry cry. etc
Ya ara = mad mad
Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by Ademat7(m): 2:36am On Feb 17, 2017
dhope001:
He should have used polite words
Polite? U r a coward; do u know what it mean to rubbish a research effort? In my sch it's a big offence to do so, Hv u publish a research work before?
Nigeria is gone!
Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by hitman2911: 5:04am On Feb 17, 2017
AreaFada2:

He has published it. In International journals even and presented the cure in an international conference in the US.
What else should he do?

The West will not like it. Nobel Prize for Medicine or Physiology should not go to black Africa. The Indians & Chinese will soon nick the formula. And sell back the drug to us at exorbitant rate.

Since 9ja doesn't value his discovery, he should sell it to the Chinese and make good money. Before others steal it.

Now it is every man for his own pocket.

@AreaFada I checked and found some of Prof Ezeibe's online. The one on the trial is an open access paper.
We need to celebrate and encourage our own but with undeniable proofs. Publication of paper does not make a claim infalliable. There are many predatory journals that publishes without peer review.

I am involved with drug and vaccine development outside Nigeria. There are procedures and processes to be followed. Currently there are many antiretrovirals under development and in use that will reduce viral load to undetectable level but that does not mean cure because the virus starts replicating after sometime as seen in the "Mississipi baby" few years ago.
The findings cannot be termed a cure if during the trial they did not check for the virus in the bone marrow and lymph nodes or long term safety profile.

The trial result that i saw showed only few months follow up and only 10 volunteers. That is just a pilot study. It can only qualify as a trial if it is a rare disease. Many pilot studies then to have encouraging results but the main trials were stopped because of safety issues. These are what the other researchers look out for if you claim to have a positive outcome. There has been cases of drug discoveries over the years which turned out to be more of harm than benefit.

The case of Abalaka 20 years ago is still fresh on our mind. His drug makes the virus to be undetectable to rapid test but still positive to PCR. As at that time there was no PCR machine in Nigeria. I have met some people he treated then, they are still HIV positive after paying huge sum.

Did the Prof trial got approval from all the constituted authorities in Nigeria? Are there are independent validators?

My conclusion is that the study is just a pilot one that needs to be encouraged and upscaled for a bigger trial.

However Nigeria should not throw the baby out with the bath water. Many are dying round the world from HIV but the high wire politics and greed of the pharmaceutical world is overwhelming.

3 Likes

Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by AreaFada2: 5:47am On Feb 17, 2017
hitman2911:

@AreaFada I checked and found some of Prof Ezeibe's online. The one on the trial is an open access paper.
We need to celebrate and encourage our own but with undeniable proofs. Publication of paper does not make a claim infalliable. There are many predatory journals that publishes without peer review.

I am involved with drug and vaccine development outside Nigeria. There are procedures and processes to be followed. Currently there are many antiretrovirals under development and in use that will reduce viral load to undetectable level but that does not mean cure because the virus starts replicating after sometime as seen in the "Mississipi baby" few years ago.
The findings cannot be termed a cure if during the trial they did not check for the virus in the bone marrow and lymph nodes or long term safety profile.

The trial result that i saw showed only few months follow up and only 10 volunteers. That is just a pilot study. It can only qualify as a trial if it is a rare disease. Many pilot studies then to have encouraging results but the main trials were stopped because of safety issues. These are what the other researchers look out for if you claim to have a positive outcome. There has been cases of drug discoveries over the years which turned out to be more of harm than benefit.

The case of Abalaka 20 years ago is still fresh on our mind. His drug makes the virus to be undetectable to rapid test but still positive to PCR. As at that time there was no PCR machine in Nigeria. I have met some people he treated then, they are still HIV positive after paying huge sum.

Did the Prof trial got approval from all the constituted authorities in Nigeria? Are there are independent validators?

My conclusion is that the study is just a pilot one that needs to be encouraged and upscaled for a bigger trial.

However Nigeria should not throw the baby out with the bath water. Many are dying round the world from HIV but the high wire politics and greed of the pharmaceutical world is overwhelming.

I said this in my earlier post. Nobody is advocating for reckless science but encouragement from govt.

"Professor Adewole can define that clinical trial in x or y number of patients, and cure maintained for p or q number of years, without serious [b]side effects/future health hazards to make it recognised as a cure, depending on current/existing drug development and clinical trial regulations in Nigeria".
[/b]
Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by fabre4: 6:04am On Feb 17, 2017
paulsibility:
I watched the man explaining the biochemistry n all of the discovery on NTA last week. He made reasonable points though. He has testimonies of those who have been healed by the drug. He only needs to work more in some areas..
But his critics won't stop asking what relationship has vet doctor with human medicine.

I thought HIV was first gotten from an animal
Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by clickwtB(m): 7:54am On Feb 17, 2017
Newshelm:
Spokesperson to controversial governor of Ekiti State, Mr Lere Olayinka has lashed out to Nigeria's Health Minister, Prof. Isaac Adewole for faulting the research done by one Prof who claimed he's found cure for HIV/Aids.

'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Fayose's Aide, Lere Asks Adewole

Olayinka who wrote this on his Facebook timeline said:

Should not obtaining your stupid permit before carrying out the research be the issue or the effectiveness of The drug?

I understand your plight and those of your vampires in the health ministry anyway. The moment there is a drug that can cure HIV/AIDS from Nigeria, all those WHO grants on HIV/AIDS prevention will stop.''

Recall that Prof. Isaac Adewole, on Wednesday said it had been established that the experiment carried out by a professor of veterinary medicine and clinical virology was illegal.

Prof. Maduike Ezeibe of Veterinary Medicine and Clinical Virology Department, Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umuahia, Abia, was reported to have developed a drug that eliminated the deadly virus in some patients.

Ezeibe claimed that the drug, which was produced with “Aluminium Magnesium Silicate”, had the clinical ability to “reach all cells’’ and make HIV “a conquered organism”.

http://www.newshelm.com/2017/02/mr-health-minister-are-you-mad-fayoses.html

I thought this FUL is still mourning his late mother who is younger than President Buhari!Soon your cry days will soon come 2018!!!Looting is now stealing!!!Tell your boss to pay Ekiti civil servants all their unpaid salaries.!!!
Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by Kosy79(f): 8:59am On Feb 17, 2017
paulsibility:
I watched the man explaining the biochemistry n all of the discovery on NTA last week. He made reasonable points though. He has testimonies of those who have been healed by the drug. He only needs to work more in some areas..
But his critics won't stop asking what relationship has vet doctor with human medicine.
Exactly
Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by Kosy79(f): 9:00am On Feb 17, 2017
TeeSeven:
"Are you the one madding mad or mad is madding you?"
Fayose and im guy no go kill pesin for dis 9ja!
The thing funny I swear.
Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by Kosy79(f): 9:06am On Feb 17, 2017
basilo102:

This is a literary translation of " O bu gi na ayi ara ka obu ara na ayi gi". A popular saying in igbo language. Its like this man understands igbo
Hahahahahaha that means Mr health minister bu onye ara.
Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by Kosy79(f): 9:21am On Feb 17, 2017
Nnamddi:
LOL. All The Ministers Under President Muhammadu Buhari Is Madding Mad To be Honest.

Lai Mohammed Tops the Madding Mad List.

lol
Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by SIRTee15: 9:43am On Feb 17, 2017
freeze001:
The moment people leave the substance of what is being said and get hung up on politeness or otherwise, it shows they aren't ready to progress and move past unnecessary strictures. What the minster of health is attempting to do is to throw the baby out with the bath water by dismissing the entire research because of a mere formality. Rather than try to salvage the situation idiots are bothered about how 'constituted authority' is addressed. How about d 'constituted authority' does his job to the benefit of the masses without getting hung up on technicalities?

Your moral upbringing is very disturbing.....
A lady for that matter......
Only God knows how u’ll train ur children....
Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by sakbio(m): 10:23am On Feb 17, 2017
The statement for Ekiti spokeman is nt polite but the professor Adewole is disappointing many of us, why for God sake u wil condemn the procedure of drug as illegal, wen wat people shud be ur priority as health minister is that can ds drug works for the disease or wat way can u make it work, wen u are talking about d disease dt is affecting abt 5 percent of the population. As a professor of health, I expect him to encourage these people nt to discourage them cos of the grants u people are getting from international bodies, u don't want then to get cure for ds deadly disease. Professor should tell us wat type of drugs did ur ministry used to treat Ebola dt time and the procedure u used was is of international standard? If u don't want God angry, let them validate this drug and see if it wil work. Stop condemning the procedure either it is illegal or wat, once it can cure it without any serious side effect, let it be.

Newshelm:
Spokesperson to controversial governor of Ekiti State, Mr Lere Olayinka has lashed out to Nigeria's Health Minister, Prof. Isaac Adewole for faulting the research done by one Prof who claimed he's found cure for HIV/Aids.

'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Fayose's Aide, Lere Asks Adewole

Olayinka who wrote this on his Facebook timeline said:

Should not obtaining your stupid permit before carrying out the research be the issue or the effectiveness of The drug?

I understand your plight and those of your vampires in the health ministry anyway. The moment there is a drug that can cure HIV/AIDS from Nigeria, all those WHO grants on HIV/AIDS prevention will stop.''

Recall that Prof. Isaac Adewole, on Wednesday said it had been established that the experiment carried out by a professor of veterinary medicine and clinical virology was illegal.

Prof. Maduike Ezeibe of Veterinary Medicine and Clinical Virology Department, Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umuahia, Abia, was reported to have developed a drug that eliminated the deadly virus in some patients.

Ezeibe claimed that the drug, which was produced with “Aluminium Magnesium Silicate”, had the clinical ability to “reach all cells’’ and make HIV “a conquered organism”.

http://www.newshelm.com/2017/02/mr-health-minister-are-you-mad-fayoses.html

Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by Rickiedee(m): 4:44pm On Feb 17, 2017
I think it's a good thing we have people like fayose and lere. so wen doz idiotic govt. dogs do any stupid. they knw there's someone who will reply them with madness.

dat line sha. I sure say olamide don get small punchlines.
Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by lordsharks(m): 6:33pm On Feb 17, 2017
Olutayo89:
Wetin b cute?
just a mistake (cure)

1 Like

Re: 'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole by loopmangoat(m): 9:43pm On Feb 17, 2017
The afonja minister is jealous because his useless brothers didn't develop the drug
Igbos are the solution to any problem
Until nigeria recognises this fact nigeria will remain where it is a failed state

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How APC Intends To Finish Off Saraki (see SEC 24 Of The CCT Act ) / Reno Omokri As A UNIBEN Student Preacher In 1990 (Throwback Photo) / Dorothy Nsonma Ihedioha, Mother Of Emeka Ihedioha, Receives Her Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.