Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,524 members, 7,826,965 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. (64950 Views)

Biafra Is A Failed Project, We Are For One Nigeria – Igbo Community In Adamawa / Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) / Igbo Leaders & Hamza Almustapha Meet Prof Ango Abdullahi (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Nobody: 2:30pm On Feb 17, 2017
Develpeast:

That is cool bro,

I will buzz you by evening and we will do something about these constant bad news coming from the east.
Kudos....... will be waiting.
Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Nobody: 2:42pm On Feb 17, 2017
cstr100:

It seems you like to focus on irrelevancies to perpetuate your tribal basis.
My post was directed to the igbo people, because it is really their fault.
So why are you pained? Did i insult your people or pass the buck to anybody else. What is your problem?
You are asking me why they invest in foreign lands at the expense of their own lands? You don'''t know any igbo man in lagos to ask him?
Ignore that derailed chump. His questions was thrown with the objective of "mock and taunt"...... I registered on this forum to face his likes. Its getting too much. You have to give'em hate for hate, cuz thatz what all of them mutherfuckers deserves. Either you ignore them, or you kick'em hard on the butt.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by owobokiri(m): 2:46pm On Feb 17, 2017
cheruv:
grin
Thanks...
This is the first ohaneze leader whose perspective is in consonance with the masses of Igboland cool

Very very true... The last one there was a disaster.. I just hope Nwodo sticks to his guns. Enough should be enough..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Bofoy4(m): 2:48pm On Feb 17, 2017
Foolish ipods, mumunism

8 Likes

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Develpeast: 2:55pm On Feb 17, 2017
Funlordmaniac:

So on point number 1 you agree that they lack unity amongst themselves? So whose fault is that anyway? Or you want to also blame that on afonjeezys, muslims or tiv people?

Then on point number 2! Who forces your igbo cousins to spend billions in lagos? Why are they averse to spending the same billions in anambara, enugu, Imo or ebonyi? Or is there a federal law that deprives them of investing in their own region the same way they do in others? Why can't you people ever pick one lane and stick to it!

An average igbo man is a business minded person who sees profitable venture and ventures into it. He doesn't care about the location, he just spends his money there. The Nigerian system has made some places economically viable e.g lagos and made many other places economically redundant and what they should be known for is just agriculture and other menial job opportunities. If the system doesnt give all states equal opportunities to develop, then the business minded people will not as a matter patriotism run at loss because they want to keep their businesses in their villages. So, you do not blame the average igbo man if he spends his money where he can get returns.

Nigeria has not been advantageous for the igbo growth and it is until things are done about it, then we will still be facing these crazy things.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by jamislaw(m): 2:56pm On Feb 17, 2017
aloziedaya:
The Igbo's are the only tribe in Nigeria that believe in 'one Nigeria' and that is where their problem lies. If you are dealing with a Hausa man, he first thinks of his religion and ethnicity, a Yoruba man thinks of his ethnicity first but an Igbo man thinks of one Nigeria. If you come to the east you hardly see any structure built by a Hausa man or Yoruba but, travel all over Nigeria the Igbo's are developing them bearing in mind the 'one Nigeria' syndrome.
The Igbo man's quest for wealth has robbed him of his sense of belonging. That is why they develop other cities while theirs lay bare. Lagos today is developed by the igbos. Imagine what would happen if the igbo businesses in Lagos are in the east. Every major market in Lagos is dominated by them; ALABA INTERNATIONAL, TRADEFAIR, COMPUTER VILLAGE, LADIPO AUTO MARKET, BERGER AUTO MARKET, IDUMOTA etc. These are the backbone of Lagos state. They'll tell you that the seaport is in Lagos but, the largest motorcycle spare parts market in Africa is in Nnewi and, it is striving without any seaport in the east.
Have you imagined what would have happened if these markets are dominated by the hausas? Or the Yorubas dominating these markets in another state? Of course they would have transfered them to their areas.
Igbo's need to rethink and realize their mistakes. Develop your own. If you make billions in lagos and the billions are still reinvested in Lagos, you've not made anything. Aku ruo ulo amara onye nwe ya. Igboland will develop when we make wealth outside and send it home. The houses you build in Lagos because of the appreciation rate of Lagos can be built equally in the east to boost the appreciation rate there. Lagos is appreciating because you've developed it, do same down home.
Politically, Igbo's are marginalized because they are seen as divided people who cannot come together with one voice.
your kinship will just kill you because you progress more than their relatives that's why Igbos always run from home to seek for greener pasture in another man's land.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Develpeast: 2:58pm On Feb 17, 2017
owobokiri:

Very very true... The last one there was a disaster.. I just hope Nwodo sticks to his guns. Enough should be enough..

Leaving the igbo development pursuit for nwodo and the ohaneze ndigbo goons is what is killing the igbo dream. you expect them to deliver but what you all do online is argue about pdp and apc, igbo and hausa and every other inconsequential threads in this forum.

i beg you, send a mail to blues2022 and he will tell you what is in the pipeline and key into this pursuit and lets do something drastic in this region.

thank you

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by jamislaw(m): 2:59pm On Feb 17, 2017
Cameroon is very close.........You people can pot to that country.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by mightyhazell: 3:03pm On Feb 17, 2017
aloziedaya:
The Igbo's are the only tribe in Nigeria that believe in 'one Nigeria' and that is where their problem lies. If you are dealing with a Hausa man, he first thinks of his religion and ethnicity, a Yoruba man thinks of his ethnicity first but an Igbo man thinks of one Nigeria. If you come to the east you hardly see any structure built by a Hausa man or Yoruba but, travel all over Nigeria the Igbo's are developing them bearing in mind the 'one Nigeria' syndrome.
The Igbo man's quest for wealth has robbed him of his sense of belonging. That is why they develop other cities while theirs lay bare. Lagos today is developed by the igbos. Imagine what would happen if the igbo businesses in Lagos are in the east. Every major market in Lagos is dominated by them; ALABA INTERNATIONAL, TRADEFAIR, COMPUTER VILLAGE, LADIPO AUTO MARKET, BERGER AUTO MARKET, IDUMOTA etc. These are the backbone of Lagos state. They'll tell you that the seaport is in Lagos but, the largest motorcycle spare parts market in Africa is in Nnewi and, it is striving without any seaport in the east.
Have you imagined what would have happened if these markets are dominated by the hausas? Or the Yorubas dominating these markets in another state? Of course they would have transfered them to their areas.
Igbo's need to rethink and realize their mistakes. Develop your own. If you make billions in lagos and the billions are still reinvested in Lagos, you've not made anything. Aku ruo ulo amara onye nwe ya. Igboland will develop when we make wealth outside and send it home. The houses you build in Lagos because of the appreciation rate of Lagos can be built equally in the east to boost the appreciation rate there. Lagos is appreciating because you've developed it, do same down home.
Politically, Igbo's are marginalized because they are seen as divided people who cannot come together with one voice.
baba!

Okwu gi kwu oto!

Creed!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Funlordmaniac(m): 3:04pm On Feb 17, 2017
Develpeast:

An average igbo man is a business minded person who sees profitable venture and ventures into it. He doesn't care about the location, he just spends his money there. The Nigerian system has made some places economically viable e.g lagos and made many other places economically redundant and what they should be known for is just agriculture and other menial job opportunities. If the system doesnt give all states equal opportunities to develop, then the business minded people will not as a matter patriotism run at loss because they want to keep their businesses in their villages. So, you do not blame the average igbo man if he spends his money where he can get returns.

Nigeria has not been advantageous for the igbo growth and it is until things are done about it, then we will still be facing these crazy things.

Stop blaming nigeria, blame your leaders! If you know the damage some leaders have done in other parts of this country you would know that igbo land is still better! We are all paying the price of bad leadership....from igbos to yorubas to hausas to tivs e.t.c....Nigeria has not really been advantageous to most of us but only to a few elitist beasts!

17 Likes

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Timbuktuo: 3:12pm On Feb 17, 2017
Why are these people complaining of checkpoints? A man has vowed to wage war against Nigeria and he has gone about soliciting funds to finance said campaign. Instead of you and your fellow kinsmen to dissociate, disavow and condemn him, you lot have showed him massive support; and you would like the FG to act like it's nothing? Come on, let's be real here.

Daily, members of your tribe openly show support for this man, it's only fair the FG establishes security measures so as not to be taken unawares.

PS: Many of those checkpoints have been there since the time of Azikiwe of Otuoke. I used to travel to Abakaliki from Lagos routinely and I have also parted with cash. So, please, do not make this about tribe.

17 Likes

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by tifany89(m): 3:15pm On Feb 17, 2017
blues2022:

Dude, find time so we can chat.... that application is overdue.... We have to play our part..... buzz me when you're less busy.
Whatever it is, I am interested

4 Likes

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by oyinkinola: 3:16pm On Feb 17, 2017
aloziedaya:
...personaly, I respect the opinion of Ohaneze Ndigbo cheif Nnia Nwodo but I disagree with it, why? Igbo must feel Nigerian, must forget about the maginalisation fiction that hold them down, and must forget about taken revenge of the past on Nigerian, and must know that every Nigerian pay the price of unity, Igbo is not feel belonging to Nigeria uptill now. If you didn't trust the nation who will trust you?
Igbo go to lagos or else where for money and they were invested there for money!
If not we are about 300 ethnic groups in Nigeria, if Igbo invest in other land why others didn't invest in Igbo land? who will invest where there is no peace? until cheif Nnia Nwodo manage to call on Igbo to accept the accord they signed with Nigeria nation as a one country that all nigerian will trust you.
Bitter truth.

11 Likes

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Nobody: 3:16pm On Feb 17, 2017
Timbuktuo:
Why are these people complaining of checkpoints? A man has vowed to wage war against Nigeria and he has gone about soliciting funds to finance said campaign. Instead of you and your fellow kinsmen to dissociate, disavow and condemn him, you lot have showed him massive support; and you would like the FG to act like it's nothing? Come on, let's be real here.

Daily, members of your tribe openly show support for this man, it's only fair the FG establishes security measures so as not to be taken unawares.

PS: Many of those checkpoints have been there since the time of Azikiwe of Otuoke. I used to travel to Abakaliki from Lagos routinely and I have also parted with cash. So, please, do not make this about tribe.
Nope, you got it all wrong.... go through the article again, this time slowly, so you don't miss any line; perhaps, you will see the part that points on extortion.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Timbuktuo: 3:18pm On Feb 17, 2017
blues2022:

Nope, you got it all wrong.... go through the article again, this time slowly, so you don't miss any line; perhaps, you will see the part that points on extortion.

If only you had taken your own counsel and slowly read and comprehended my post first, this post of yours would have been unmade.

Read my last paragraph slowly. You can even get an interpreter, if you so desire.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Nobody: 3:19pm On Feb 17, 2017
tifany89:

Whatever it is, I am interested
Will give you update.... I'll follow your moniker.....

1 Like

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Develpeast: 3:22pm On Feb 17, 2017
Funlordmaniac:

Stop blaming nigeria, blame your leaders! If you know the damage some leaders have done in other parts of this country you would know that igbo land is still better! We are all paying the price of bad leadership....from igbos to yorubas to hausas to tivs e.t.c....Nigeria has not really been advantageous to most of us but only to a few elitist beasts!

My leaders have little or nothing to do about the economic distribution of this country because they have never been close to the vp since 1979 and the last time they lead the country was in 1966. So there has never been a time they held a decision making position in this country. You think they have not been bringing up these things to the fore? Why is onitsha river port so popular in the country if they have not raised the issue before? why is the marginalisation mantra so popular if they have not been raising the issue? I was amongst the people saying the politicians are not saying anything about the region before i found out that since they dont have the majority voice in the house, people either not vote for it or they vote against it.

A leader with allocation of 1.2billion monthly with thousands of people to pay salary will not have the capacity to grow the economy like a man who gets 20billion naira monthly. after paying salaries, how much is left for capital projects and other things? Just seeing that alone will weaken you, that is why igboland is filled with so many untarred roads and fake road constructions. It is not that the state lack the capacity to use first class minds, but the monetary constraint is bringing them down.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Nobody: 3:22pm On Feb 17, 2017
Timbuktuo:

If only you had taken your own counsel and slowly read and comprehended my post first, this post of yours would have been unmade.

Read my last paragraph slowly. You can even get an interpreter, if you so desire.
I did got your message clearly from the onset... especially as you subtly turned it into the usual "victim cry" since extortion is not peculiar to South East alone. Ndo.

5 Likes

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Nobody: 3:29pm On Feb 17, 2017
oyinkinola:

...personaly, I respect the opinion of Ohaneze Ndigbo cheif Nnia Nwodo but I disagree with it, why? Igbo must feel Nigerian, must forget about the maginalisation fiction that hold them down, and must forget about taken revenge of the past on Nigerian, and must know that every Nigerian pay the price of unity, Igbo is not feel belonging to Nigeria uptill now. If you didn't trust the nation who will trust you?
Igbo go to lagos or else where for money and they were invested there for money!
If not we are about 300 ethnic groups in Nigeria, if Igbo invest in other land why others didn't invest in Igbo land? who will invest where there is no peace? until cheif Nnia Nwodo manage to call on Igbo to accept the accord they signed with Nigeria nation as a one country that all nigerian will trust you.
Bitter truth.

These your poetic lines is quite amusing. Knowing how Nigerians have been friendly to the Igbos, both in the far riot prone North, and the very friendly Lagoon threatening West. Well, we've seen it all. Very funny. cheesy cheesy cheesy

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Develpeast: 3:29pm On Feb 17, 2017
oyinkinola:

Bitter truth.

You are not saying the truth. Which peace are you looking for in igboland that you cannot find. they have filled every nigerian minds with the fact that igbo land is filled with ritualists and kidnappers. before the advent of cheap internet, the only news you get from igboland in station in lagos is either cultural dance activities in the region or how they caught some dare-devil ritualists or the political instability in the region. They killed the light of the region until recently when igbos start bringing up their own pages on facebook and later websites to showcase to people that beautiful things are actually happening in the region. it was only recently someone said he never knew enugu was beautiful. even my colleague once went to enugu and screamed that the place is lovely and calm.

have you forgotten that before on nta, it is either southwest or northern news that dominated the airwaves?

in the 90's, how many people knew about akwa ibom or bayelsa? if not for internet, these places were in the dark but they were giving nigeria so much money but investors are not going there. apart from oil companies, there is no other economic activity happening in akwa ibom.

I will keep telling people, this country is structured to favour a certain people while the other people are meant to serve.

it will change soon.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Timbuktuo: 3:29pm On Feb 17, 2017
blues2022:

I did got get your message clearly from the onset... especially as you subtly turned it into the usual "victim cry" since extortion is not peculiar to South East alone. Ndo.

FTFY.

Then what are you on about? These people that claim to represent you are prevaricating, speaking as if this situation is peculiar to your region, which it isn't. I have no qualms with them raising valid concerns, which this is. They have only gone on to spoil it with their trademark professional victim hood and persecution complex.

You sef sorry. You're the wailer not me. grin

10 Likes

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by chikevictor(m): 3:31pm On Feb 17, 2017
They don't trust ibos at all,well said my man

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Nobody: 3:34pm On Feb 17, 2017
Timbuktuo:

FTFY.

Then what are you on about? These people that claim to represent you are prevaricating, speaking as if this situation is peculiar to your region, which it isn't. I have no qualms with them raising valid concerns, which this is. They have only gone on to spoil it with their trademark professional victim hood and persecution complex.

You set sorry. You're the wailer not me. grin
Yes, I'm in absolute agreement with you. This is the reason we want out, so we can relocate the remaining road blocks to your region. cheesy

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Timbuktuo: 3:35pm On Feb 17, 2017
blues2022:

Yes, I'm in absolute agreement with you. This is the reason we want out, so we can relocate the remaining road blocks to your region. cheesy

We have quite enough, too much, actually. You can keep those ones in your corner when you leave. grin

4 Likes

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by oyinkinola: 3:38pm On Feb 17, 2017
Develpeast:

You are not saying the truth. Which peace are you looking for in igboland that you cannot find. they have filled every nigerian minds with the fact that igbo land is filled with ritualists and kidnappers. before the advent of cheap internet, the only news you get from igboland in station in lagos is either cultural dance activities in the region or how they caught some dare-devil ritualists or the political instability in the region. They killed the light of the region until recently when igbos start bringing up their own pages on facebook and later websites to showcase to people that beautiful things are actually happening in the region. it was only recently someone said he never knew enugu was beautiful. even my colleague once went to enugu and screamed that the place is lovely and calm.

have you forgotten that before on nta, it is either southwest or northern news that dominated the airwaves?

in the 90's, how many people knew about akwa ibom or bayelsa? if not for internet, these places were in the dark but they were giving nigeria so much money but investors are not going there. apart from oil companies, there is no other economic activity happening in akwa ibom.

I will keep telling people, this country is structured to favour a certain people while the other people are meant to serve.

it will change soon.
...if igbo land is calm and free of violents as you claimed why investors both home and abroad didn't invest in Igbo land?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Nobody: 3:39pm On Feb 17, 2017
Timbuktuo:

We have quite enough, too much, actually. You can jeep those ones in your corner when you leave. grin
Nope. Since you guys like to carry Niaja matter for head like gala, we'll dash una the remaining road block cantonment. South West must be the next DMZ zone insha allahu. cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Huddler: 3:41pm On Feb 17, 2017
totit:

At the emboldened :
But why do some of you iboes reason down south?
Can you prove the emboldened? And besides, if there are more iboes in SE than the whole of Lagos or SW and you are so good at developing other people's land. How come your vast population in SE couldn't developed alaigbo as you did with Lagos.?

Honestly, I don taaya for you people. The way you reason can be so annoying.

Anyway, I will be here waiting for you to prove to the whole world how you developed Lagos with less ibos population while the whole of SE with vast population of iboes couldn't achieved the same hence you lamentation.
Mtchew

Oga, Igbos developed Lagos and they are still developing the parts that needs development.

Have you been to any southeast state? only Lagos can beat Anambra When it comes to infrastructures and industries.

You are not even from Lagos sef mtcheew. Lagos brought up Igbos are more Lagosian than you.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by oyinkinola: 3:42pm On Feb 17, 2017
blues2022:

These your poetic lines is quite amusing. Knowing how Nigerians have been friendly to the Igbos, both in the far riot prone North, and the very friendly Lagoon threatening West. Well, we've seen it all. Very funny. cheesy cheesy cheesy
poetic lines? yah but truth
when Igbo will meet and say in one voice that they were Nigerian to live And die for the cause of Nigeria!
Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Nobody: 3:44pm On Feb 17, 2017
oyinkinola:

poetic lines? yah but truth
when Igbo will meet and say in one voice that they were Nigerian to live And die for the cause of Nigeria!
We have done it in several ways, (action speaks louder than words....) by investing in other region without looking back, but what did we get back in return, hate and envy. If you are in our shoe nko. What will you do?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by oyinkinola: 3:48pm On Feb 17, 2017
blues2022:

We have done it in several ways, (action speaks louder than words....) by investing in other region without looking back, but what did we get back in return, hate and envy. If you are in our shoe nko. What will you do?
...if every one hate you, you must look at your behavior, because people didn't hate for nothing!

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Omoyele Sowore And Edward Onoja WhatsApp Chat (Photos) / 37 House Of Representatives Members Dump APC / Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.