Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,917 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. (64890 Views)

Biafra Is A Failed Project, We Are For One Nigeria – Igbo Community In Adamawa / Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) / Igbo Leaders & Hamza Almustapha Meet Prof Ango Abdullahi (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Huddler: 7:54pm On Feb 17, 2017
[s][/s]totit:

Is that how you want to prove you developed Lagos? Olodo. Nigeria isn't even developed but you've developed Lagos.
[/s]

You are an animal, I said Lagos was made a lively and habitable place by Igbos.

How is that different from being developed by Igbos? shameless olodo.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Igboid: 7:55pm On Feb 17, 2017
Funlordmaniac:

I'm not even a yoruba guy but I know your stupidity makes you believe that because nairaland is owned by one then anybody that tries to enlighten you simians must be one! I would actually prefer if you remain with your stinky cowardly drug peddling ipob brothers anyway! Like mazi chukwumalu over here...

How can One so lacking in intelligence and basic understanding like you, speak of enlightening an ethnic group who neither you nor your inconsequential people can measure up to her people and their achievements?
Who bewitched you?

3 Likes

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by rightwingz: 7:56pm On Feb 17, 2017
Stingman:

Can you draw the same picture for the Yorubas and the north...also include all the service chiefs, while you at it...as thunder is gathering to fire you...

Na mouth una get........ bunch of chest beaters.
Na mouth una take cause civil war that consumed 3 millions of Igbos. Thanks to Kwashiorkor

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Nobody: 7:57pm On Feb 17, 2017
Igboid:

How can One so lacking in intelligence and basic understanding like you, speak of enlightening an ethnic group who neither you nor your inconsequential people can measure up to her people and their achievements?
Who bewitched you?
Don't run your energy on that dunce. He is Yaba left run away. Them still dey look for the craze man. lol. cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by anyebedgreat: 7:57pm On Feb 17, 2017
Igbos deliberately chose to be in the opposition. Any Igbo man who dines with the federal government is perceived as an enemy. Now someone is lamenting about being marginalized in terms of appointments. Haba bros. it doesn't work like that.

4 Likes

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Opakan2: 7:58pm On Feb 17, 2017
Igboid:

Any evidence to back the above trash coming from you?

look around you.. it's glaring or better still go back home and spend time with your people to know how they behave
I am sure you're in a peaceful place here in SW with no worries about home

Go home boy.. go see for yourself.

you'll understand why Dangote, Otedola, Adenuga and co have no investments in your region. not even fast food joint to show you how bad things are there

2 Likes

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Funlordmaniac(m): 7:58pm On Feb 17, 2017
Igboid:

Who bewitched you?

Will you get out of my sight you good for nothing sack of _shit! grin

4 Likes

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by nijascammers: 7:59pm On Feb 17, 2017
"...marginalisation by the present Federal Government." which time they cry of marginalization? yeye the harbingers need money.
Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Pwhitelaw(m): 7:59pm On Feb 17, 2017
All our leaders are responsible for this tribal war because abusing each other on social media won't change our situation. Our leaders looted our treasury and turned us against each other. Letz preach love and unity. I have the right to voice out if am being played on or suffering in abject poverty. If tearing Nigeria apart will bring peace may God in his infinite mercy tear us apart and if the reverse is the case may God strengthen us.what is the essence of having a good personality in real life situation and a social media tout online.
Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Stingman: 7:59pm On Feb 17, 2017
Funlordmaniac:

I'm not even a yoruba guy but I know your stupidity makes you believe that because nairaland is owned by one then anybody that tries to enlighten you simians must be one! I would actually prefer if you remain with your stinky cowardly drug peddling ipob brothers anyway! Like mazi chukwumalu over here...

I prefer that man to these man

4 Likes

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by thebadmus(m): 7:59pm On Feb 17, 2017
aloziedaya:
The Igbo's are the only tribe in Nigeria that believe in 'one Nigeria' and that is where their problem lies. If you are dealing with a Hausa man, he first thinks of his religion and ethnicity, a Yoruba man thinks of his ethnicity first but an Igbo man thinks of one Nigeria. If you come to the east you hardly see any structure built by a Hausa man or Yoruba but, travel all over Nigeria the Igbo's are developing them bearing in mind the 'one Nigeria' syndrome.
The Igbo man's quest for wealth has robbed him of his sense of belonging. That is why they develop other cities while theirs lay bare. Lagos today is developed by the igbos. Imagine what would happen if the igbo businesses in Lagos are in the east. Every major market in Lagos is dominated by them; ALABA INTERNATIONAL, TRADEFAIR, COMPUTER VILLAGE, LADIPO AUTO MARKET, BERGER AUTO MARKET, IDUMOTA etc. These are the backbone of Lagos state. They'll tell you that the seaport is in Lagos but, the largest motorcycle spare parts market in Africa is in Nnewi and, it is striving without any seaport in the east.
Have you imagined what would have happened if these markets are dominated by the hausas? Or the Yorubas dominating these markets in another state? Of course they would have transfered them to their areas.
Igbo's need to rethink and realize their mistakes. Develop your own. If you make billions in lagos and the billions are still reinvested in Lagos, you've not made anything. Aku ruo ulo amara onye nwe ya. Igboland will develop when we make wealth outside and send it home. The houses you build in Lagos because of the appreciation rate of Lagos can be built equally in the east to boost the appreciation rate there. Lagos is appreciating because you've developed it, do same down home.
Politically, Igbo's are marginalized because they are seen as divided people who cannot come together with one voice.
. I beg park well that Lagos that you used as ur case study is not accepted, mr writer see how he's talking as if igbo man dominate the economy of Nigeria... Don't you know that Lagos money stay in lagos "owo eko, eko longbe. If they stay in that remote area of igbo land they wouldn't have become who they are, and also if Fed govt refuse to put igbo man into the security level maybe they think dey only have a knowledge of buss

1 Like

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by cstr100: 8:00pm On Feb 17, 2017

1 Like

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by disumusa: 8:01pm On Feb 17, 2017
Super1Star:
See these Osus and Ojukwus.
Shameless people.
super 1 star I love that keep it on
Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by sportskid(m): 8:01pm On Feb 17, 2017
aloziedaya:
The Igbo's are the only tribe in Nigeria that believe in 'one Nigeria' and that is where their problem lies. If you are dealing with a Hausa man, he first thinks of his religion and ethnicity, a Yoruba man thinks of his ethnicity first but an Igbo man thinks of one Nigeria. If you come to the east you hardly see any structure built by a Hausa man or Yoruba but, travel all over Nigeria the Igbo's are developing them bearing in mind the 'one Nigeria' syndrome.
The Igbo man's quest for wealth has robbed him of his sense of belonging. That is why they develop other cities while theirs lay bare. Lagos today is developed by the igbos. Imagine what would happen if the igbo businesses in Lagos are in the east. Every major market in Lagos is dominated by them; ALABA INTERNATIONAL, TRADEFAIR, COMPUTER VILLAGE, LADIPO AUTO MARKET, BERGER AUTO MARKET, IDUMOTA etc. These are the backbone of Lagos state. They'll tell you that the seaport is in Lagos but, the largest motorcycle spare parts market in Africa is in Nnewi and, it is striving without any seaport in the east.
Have you imagined what would have happened if these markets are dominated by the hausas? Or the Yorubas dominating these markets in another state? Of course they would have transfered them to their areas.
Igbo's need to rethink and realize their mistakes. Develop your own. If you make billions in lagos and the billions are still reinvested in Lagos, you've not made anything. Aku ruo ulo amara onye nwe ya. Igboland will develop when we make wealth outside and send it home. The houses you build in Lagos because of the appreciation rate of Lagos can be built equally in the east to boost the appreciation rate there. Lagos is appreciating because you've developed it, do same down home.
Politically, Igbo's are marginalized because they are seen as divided people who cannot come together with one voice.
Words of Wisdom

1 Like

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Funlordmaniac(m): 8:02pm On Feb 17, 2017
Stingman:

I prefer that man to this man

Yes I know that's why you are an ignorant ipob tout! You were all born to always prefer foolish options to reasonable ones! It s embedded in your dna! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Nobody: 8:02pm On Feb 17, 2017
Why do Igbos feel other tribes hate them when no one even cares anymore. Who even wants one Nigeria people are screaming all over the place? The more you guys see that it's every man for himself, life about now is all about live and let's live so let's spare the bullshi.t when no one gives a hoot about Nigeria again.

At this stage, I only have ambition, damnnn one Nigeria and God willing, I will only do anything to feed my family and clean out whatever stands as a threat.

5 Likes

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Stingman: 8:02pm On Feb 17, 2017
prettyboi1989:

that attitudinal change is trust, it cant be bought or given but earned.
by the way, if u say the ibos have many properties in different states, how come their fellow brothers are suffering? they all have to come to lagos in order to make ends meet. yet u are so proud of a few of them who own properties u dont evn benefit from.

How many Igbo brothers are suffering more than the brothers from other tribes..? Why won't they come to Lagos? Which money was used to build the 3rd mainland bridge, for instance?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by thebadmus(m): 8:03pm On Feb 17, 2017
totit:

At the emboldened :
But why do some of you iboes reason down south?
Can you prove the emboldened? And besides, if there are more iboes in SE than the whole of Lagos or SW and you are so good at developing other people's land. How come your vast population in SE couldn't developed alaigbo as you did with Lagos.?

Honestly, I don taaya for you people. The way you reason can be so annoying.

Anyway, I will be here waiting for you to prove to the whole world how you developed Lagos with less ibos population while the whole of SE with vast population of iboes couldn't achieved the same hence you lamentation.
Mtchew
. O ya mi lenu ke
Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Nobody: 8:03pm On Feb 17, 2017
Ooni:
do you have to call them names because they dont want Nigeria? If they say they dont want nigeria then tell them what we stand for as a people instead of forcing them to be with us, as if we are hopless and worthless without them. Or are we worthless?
I am sick and tired of being rightly called afonja and conehead simply because my people cant reason well. We yorubas should imbibe the virtue of dignity so that minority ethnic groups will respect us like Ibos.
Today everybody now know us as people lacking in goal and vision and even kenyans now bash us on twitter and i am not happy about that.
Well I don't agree with u. Maybe ur family cannot reason well. Don't put us all together. All I see is people hating on us cus they not us. They envy Lagos nd our intellectuals. They even claim to own Lagos while they can't even claim their own land. I dont see Hausa ppl calling afonja. As far as am do concerned, we think abt Nigeria before anything else. We d only tribe who believes in allowing others to rule. Just of recent, Obj said igbos deserve presidency. He single handedly put Yar adua nd Jona der. Look how backward jona took us. He cldn't even protect lives in d north east. He only made some militant thugs billionaire. That being said, it doesn't mean nothing good can come out of d zone. They were just badly rrepresented. I dunno how ppl in ur village think buh here we reason well. Life will surely go on for everyone of us. Nigeria is a failed marriage. Nobody likes to b sidelined. We just blind to their pains cos it's not happening to us. We all ignorant till it happens to us. Same way we don't care abt what's going on in d north east. Most of us dunno d place so we don't feel der pain. That's how bad things are. As a Yoruba man, nd a proud one, I hereby support an igbo presidency or let them v a referendum. If they decide to leave, then let it be.

4 Likes

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by disumusa: 8:03pm On Feb 17, 2017
Super1Star:
Shameless people.
what a urgly man is this ojuiku
Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Huddler: 8:03pm On Feb 17, 2017
[s][/s]jagorinho:

dont start that nonsense here, are you talking of owerri that has only hotels as the only viable business or the civil service enugu state or abakaliki that is still in pre historic era.Mr man all your major cities/towns put together is not as developed as a quarter of lagos ....some of us really toured the east
[/s]

Shut up. You have never been to any southeast state. Ebonyi is a london compared to oshogbo and Ekiti.

Enugu and Anambra are competing with the likes of Lagos, Rivers Abuja when it comes to infrastructures and industries.'Ogun state is a death camp.

Osun state is a refuge camp.

Ekiti state is broke, reason why people are cannibalizing each other there.

Oyo is a dead state. third world state likely to be.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by disumusa: 8:03pm On Feb 17, 2017
Super1Star:
Shameless people.
what a urgly man is this ojuiku
Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Stingman: 8:04pm On Feb 17, 2017
Funlordmaniac:

Yes I know that's why you are an ignorant ipob tout! You were all born to always prefer foolish options to reasonable ones! It s embedded in your dna! cheesy

Your reasonable ones are those gberos with a child's head...Not saying..this don't obtain elsewhere...but it is rampant in a particular region...

2 Likes

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by BlackMbakara1(m): 8:05pm On Feb 17, 2017
Truth is we can't have all the tribes represented as head of security agencies. During GEJ tenure, we had minimah and ihejirika and i want to believe GEJ picked people he trusted. Must Ibos be everywhere?

Deputy senate president is Ibo and there are ministers that are from Ibo extraction, in the judiciary(Apex) we have Ibos too...what else joor? Abi the governors in the SE are non-igbos? Are there no senators or rep members 4rm SE?

Na only Igbo dey this country? Is becoming so annoying joor...always sowing seed of hatred, melancholy etc

Before you quote me stupidly, proudly an Ibibio Man. Make una park one-side.

3 Likes

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by geraob1: 8:06pm On Feb 17, 2017
Funlordmaniac:

Don't waste your time on that vapid dunce! I actually think his brain is filled with mucus rather than brain matter!

Bros u harsh well walai.....

1 Like

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by saintdennis(m): 8:06pm On Feb 17, 2017
You're saying you no longer comfortable being part of Nigeria... @ a press conference in LAGOS, NIGERIA not IN south east/south south states that you claim are part of biafra??

Who cursed these ohaneze guys ehn?

A true born igbo man here in lag was explaining to me why like most economically sound igbos can't support biafra is it trades the known for the unknown.

And dummies here don't know that once nigeria breaks up... a new country is formed.

The land REVERTS TO THE NEW COUNTRIES FEDERAL N STATE GOVT.

So why not jejely start divesting to igbo states?
Why not jejely build up the east?

So when independence comes ya'll don't turn to real ZOO
Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Stingman: 8:07pm On Feb 17, 2017
BlackMbakara1:
Truth is we can't have all the tribes represented as head of security agencies. During GEJ tenure, we had minimah and ihejirika and i want to believe GEJ picked people he trusted. Must Ibos be everywhere?

Deputy senate president is Ibo and there are ministers that are from Ibo extraction, in the judiciary(Apex) we have Ibos too...what else joor? Abi the governors in the SE are non-igbos? Are there no senators or rep members 4rm SE?

Na only Igbo dey this country? Is becoming so annoying joor...always sowing seed of hatred, melancholy etc

Before you quote me stupidly, proudly an Ibibio Man. Make una park one-side.

How do you like this>>>>Must the north be everywhere

President -North,
Senate President -North,
Speaker House of Reps –North,
Chief Justice of federation – North,
Head of Service – North,
INEC Chairman – North,
President Court of Appeal – North,
EFCC Chairman – North,
President Federal high court – North,
National Security Adviser – North,
Chief of Defense Staff – North,
Controller, Customs Service – North,
Controller Prison Services
Head of Immigration
Defence Minister-North,
MD Port Authority- North,
MD NDIC – North,
NPA - North
NYSC - North
NDLEA - North
AGF - north
SGF - north Nigerian Broadcasting Commission (NBC) - North
Director-General, Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria (FRCN) -North
Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) - North
National Orientation Agency (NOA) - North
Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Authority (PPPRA) - North
Petroleum ministwer - North
GMD NNPC - North
Sec Gen OPEC- North
IG of Police - North
NIWA- North
UN Deputy Sec - north

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Amarabae(f): 8:08pm On Feb 17, 2017
I admire the New Leadership of Ohanaeze Ndigbo.
Does it mean that An Igbo man is not trusted to hold a top defence job in buhari administration? Why launching a silent and unofficial war on the Igbos in Nigeria?
I hate hypocrisy,
We must renegotiate our co-existance in Nigeria or else the tribal tensions & division may not end.
My opinion

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Osun Assembly Replies Demola Adeleke On The Change Of The State's Name / Rashida Yahaya Bello Thanks Davido For Buying Her Children Gifts In Dubai(Photo) / Senator Dino Melaye's Rolls-Royce (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.