Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Would You Add Your Parents In Your Facebook Friends List? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Add Your Parents In Your Facebook Friends List? (8646 Views)

Dear Parents, in whose care have you left your child? Pics! / African Parents In Diaspora: How Do You Raise Your Children In African Way? / Would You Put Your Parents In A Nursing Home? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Add Your Parents In Your Facebook Friends List? by KMTee(f): 4:34pm On Jan 22, 2010
capital No, even if they add me, I will never confirm them cool
Re: Would You Add Your Parents In Your Facebook Friends List? by platinumnk(f): 4:40pm On Jan 22, 2010
no lipsrsealed
Re: Would You Add Your Parents In Your Facebook Friends List? by suxes2005(m): 4:47pm On Jan 22, 2010
yes
Re: Would You Add Your Parents In Your Facebook Friends List? by hayprof(m): 4:48pm On Jan 22, 2010
No, not @ dis Century, were friends act crasy, especially on status. . angry
Re: Would You Add Your Parents In Your Facebook Friends List? by charles316: 4:50pm On Jan 22, 2010
[size=16pt]
mama-gee:

I wouldn't add my parents pic in a social networking site.
It sounds and looks silly and dumb
. tongue

thank u jare.this people are funny.are my parents dat jobless to be on facebook?facebook is for idle minds.
[/size]
Re: Would You Add Your Parents In Your Facebook Friends List? by SisiEko1(f): 4:52pm On Jan 22, 2010
NO Way!
Re: Would You Add Your Parents In Your Facebook Friends List? by DoubleN(m): 4:52pm On Jan 22, 2010
grin grin grin grin A friend of mine had exactly the same issue.His Dad added him as a friend on facebook and the guy was totally confused! Best thing just leave the request pending or Limit what he can view on your page. Capish!
Re: Would You Add Your Parents In Your Facebook Friends List? by OdyOdy(m): 5:02pm On Jan 22, 2010
My mum z on Fb. She sent d request n i accepted. Got no skeletons. I have an open relationship. So its a big YES!
Re: Would You Add Your Parents In Your Facebook Friends List? by OdyOdy(m): 5:02pm On Jan 22, 2010
My mum z on Fb. She sent d request n i accepted. Got no skeletons. I have an open relationship. So its a big YES!
Re: Would You Add Your Parents In Your Facebook Friends List? by dupsygal: 5:04pm On Jan 22, 2010
i ve my siblings on fb friends list but not my parents, but i still put everytin on fb not minding if my siblings see them cos i belief its me doing my tin and its nobody's biz wink
Re: Would You Add Your Parents In Your Facebook Friends List? by freezy(m): 5:06pm On Jan 22, 2010
For where? Add ke?
My dad has invited for over a year now but I've tactically avoided accepting.
Let him stay in his generation abeg.
Re: Would You Add Your Parents In Your Facebook Friends List? by martinosi: 5:11pm On Jan 22, 2010
Hmmm since facebook at the moment is the most genuine online
forum where a person can not really hide
who he really is becuase he is using his
real name (and emphasis on real!!!) and real picture
with real friends (not like the 2000 friends you my
have on myspace lol) then i dont see why you should not
add your parents  as friends on facebook.

The whole idea is to add friends that you "know" or
have met in life not people who you have not meet and even
if you add people you have not met, there is always the
prospect that you shall meet them!

So really you should kinda keep your facebook friends and
contacts clean!!!.

I got only family and friends that i have @ heart on my
profile. I keep it real.

Most people leave the hanky-panky to "Myspace", "Bebo" "Black-planet"
etc, you know what i mean and also your Naija social forums which
most girls and guys would not want their parents to see them on for
obvious reasons which we shall not mention here lol!!!
Re: Would You Add Your Parents In Your Facebook Friends List? by r231(m): 5:11pm On Jan 22, 2010
yes
Re: Would You Add Your Parents In Your Facebook Friends List? by SamMilla1(m): 5:13pm On Jan 22, 2010
why not ?
Re: Would You Add Your Parents In Your Facebook Friends List? by martinosi: 5:19pm On Jan 22, 2010
charles316:

[size=16pt]
thank u jare.this people are funny.are my parents dat jobless to be on facebook?facebook is for idle minds.
[/size]

it all depends, people who travel around the world and are
always on the move use it to keep in contact and also when they meet
people from other parts of the world or some where from where they live
they use it for update purposes ie most folks in Europe, North america especially and other places where access to the outside it not
a problem. so it depends. Technology has good and bad uses, it all depends
on your motive. I use it to keep in touch with my Aussie (Australian) & kiwi (New Zealand) friends that i met @ work/home since they are always the ones that globe-trot the most!!!
Re: Would You Add Your Parents In Your Facebook Friends List? by felifeli: 5:23pm On Jan 22, 2010
Has it ever occured to you all that a lot of people also do business on facebook. It is not a place for looking for affairs as many kids seem to think. More than 70% of my  business contacts are on facebook. Many serious companies nowadays have facebook accounts. No biggie here , sorry.
Re: Would You Add Your Parents In Your Facebook Friends List? by DL(m): 5:26pm On Jan 22, 2010
nah, will be very reluctant to and maybe thats the day I'll stop facebooking
Re: Would You Add Your Parents In Your Facebook Friends List? by Pittbaby(f): 5:32pm On Jan 22, 2010
No , No parents , no work colleagues . i can't control what people post on my wall so thats a no no. My uncle is on my fbook , but he is one of the posters of inappropiate material smiley

My parents can see me in person
My work colleagues are on Linkedin
Re: Would You Add Your Parents In Your Facebook Friends List? by Omolola1(f): 5:42pm On Jan 22, 2010
my parents don't have time for CRAP! lol, but if they do, NO WAY! NEVER!
Re: Would You Add Your Parents In Your Facebook Friends List? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jan 22, 2010
My parents dont have time for such
Re: Would You Add Your Parents In Your Facebook Friends List? by slap1(m): 5:49pm On Jan 22, 2010
@dupsygal. Watz up?
Re: Would You Add Your Parents In Your Facebook Friends List? by russellino: 5:56pm On Jan 22, 2010
Nope. I like to be explicit in cyberspace
Re: Would You Add Your Parents In Your Facebook Friends List? by SwtzMinx(f): 6:01pm On Jan 22, 2010
.n0!. .
Re: Would You Add Your Parents In Your Facebook Friends List? by bawomolo(m): 6:04pm On Jan 22, 2010
yeah why not

russellino:

Nope. I like to be explicit in cyberspace

TMI dude
Re: Would You Add Your Parents In Your Facebook Friends List? by ElRazur: 6:13pm On Jan 22, 2010
Adding your parents, uncles or whatever is like inviting your grandma to your best friend poolside party. You won't feel comfortable.
Re: Would You Add Your Parents In Your Facebook Friends List? by Ultrame(m): 6:14pm On Jan 22, 2010
hell no!
Re: Would You Add Your Parents In Your Facebook Friends List? by naijaswag1: 6:35pm On Jan 22, 2010
Why not? ,am I having se-x on facebook or has facebook become an exclusive cult  for young people.These days that my dad is showing more love than ever before.
Re: Would You Add Your Parents In Your Facebook Friends List? by DeepSoul(f): 6:52pm On Jan 22, 2010
After I'm married
Re: Would You Add Your Parents In Your Facebook Friends List? by kayc33(m): 6:55pm On Jan 22, 2010
would block them even cheesy
Re: Would You Add Your Parents In Your Facebook Friends List? by Divinechoc(f): 6:58pm On Jan 22, 2010
Nope!

Meanwhile, how do I start a thread?sad
for those who are familiar with truspot radio, you can now download the apps via bb  http://www.mytruspot.com/bb/
Re: Would You Add Your Parents In Your Facebook Friends List? by msb247(m): 6:59pm On Jan 22, 2010
WTF HELL NO!!!
Re: Would You Add Your Parents In Your Facebook Friends List? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jan 22, 2010
i leave facebook the day my mom signs up. My dad cant even use the PC that well so i doubt he will ever understand what facebook stands for.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Friend's Wife Is Loyal To Her Mother And Ignores Her Husband / UK Court Allows Nigerian Couple To Keep Stolen Baby / How My Daughter Died Last Week.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.