Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Would You Add Your Parents In Your Facebook Friends List? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Add Your Parents In Your Facebook Friends List? (8644 Views)

Dear Parents, in whose care have you left your child? Pics! / African Parents In Diaspora: How Do You Raise Your Children In African Way? / Would You Put Your Parents In A Nursing Home? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Add Your Parents In Your Facebook Friends List? by Nobody: 1:16am On Jan 23, 2010
Dclique:

My true personality is exposed on f.b. So no. I cant add them.

are you saying that you dont want your parents to know the real you? shouldnt they know already who you really are?
Re: Would You Add Your Parents In Your Facebook Friends List? by sulad82i(m): 1:29am On Jan 23, 2010
I guess it all depend on what you do with you fb account. I have nothing to hide cos i no be picking again so mum and dad can friend me and even follow me on twitter if they want. www.facebook.com/toyin.adesanya
Re: Would You Add Your Parents In Your Facebook Friends List? by na2day2(m): 3:55am On Jan 23, 2010
@ topic

for the sake of peace and extreme tranquility, NO!
Re: Would You Add Your Parents In Your Facebook Friends List? by zaragoza(m): 4:05am On Jan 23, 2010
no!
Re: Would You Add Your Parents In Your Facebook Friends List? by mbulela: 4:38am On Jan 23, 2010
@ poster, you never ask whether me i dey do the thing sef.
there is way too much personal info on the web.
the less sites i belong to the better.
you just can't be careful enough.
if i am looking for a long lost friend, i ask someone who is on FB to send him a message giving him my email add.
if no one to help me do that, i forget it.
somehow you will find the friend or someone who knows him.
In my view FB is too much trouble.
there is email, phone numbers and all that.those are enough for me.
even Nairaland is enough wahala for me.
Re: Would You Add Your Parents In Your Facebook Friends List? by shilling(f): 5:32am On Jan 23, 2010
My mum & I are friends on FB. I tried delaying it for a while, but eventually accepted her request. She monitors me quite a lot, I can tell. She's doesn't comment on my posts or write on my wall, but she sends me msgs and gives me advice which is quite cool.

The only disadvantage is that I feel bad for her, cos you know how it is on FB, you upload "crazy" pictures, or pple tag you, and it looks crazy to her, but it's normal to me and my friends, but she starts to worry. "Hope you're not going overboard, hope you have a timetable, hope you're not too busy, hope you're attending fellowship", etc.

But, it's not that bad.
Re: Would You Add Your Parents In Your Facebook Friends List? by aloyemeka2: 6:07am On Jan 23, 2010
RecentPost:

I have removed my mum from friends list when i told her to stop using fb and she wont listen, mum is always online either on pc or on iphone because of her silly Elvis band and the worse is,she would add my friends and invite them 2 her elvis band

What is Elvis band?. Is she a professional musician?
Re: Would You Add Your Parents In Your Facebook Friends List? by aloyemeka2: 6:08am On Jan 23, 2010
minute:

Lol.I already did.Im not in college anymore so I dont have anything to hide.

My Mom,[b]her boyfrien[/b]d,my fiance's mom,I am friends with all of them.

Exchanging pleasantries with your mom's boyfriend is a bad idea.
Re: Would You Add Your Parents In Your Facebook Friends List? by aloyemeka2: 6:15am On Jan 23, 2010
CHAIRMAN1:

Lie Lie.
Am even trying to delete every one from my hometown(OBUDU).
Those people are blood suckers, killers, super fetish, Myopic, Enemies of Progress,
They don't just want to see progress sprout form that place.
I'll be the 1st Governor to come out of that zone by the Grace of God. God 'll use me to prove more than a point.
When it comes to witchcraft and fetism, they are worse than (Edo+Yoruba)x2. God will surely use me to cleanse that Land
in Jesus Name.Amen.

Where is Obudu? Cross River state?. The place they have a cattle ranch?

Obudu cattle Ranch

Re: Would You Add Your Parents In Your Facebook Friends List? by Nobody: 6:16am On Jan 23, 2010
Hell No, my dad i love to pieces but he interfers enough already. He has sent me a request for over a month but i no answer am
Re: Would You Add Your Parents In Your Facebook Friends List? by aloyemeka2: 6:24am On Jan 23, 2010
aisha2:

Hell No, my dad i love to pieces but he interfers enough already. He has sent me a request for over a month but i no answer am

Make sure you block him totally. Will he marry his daughter? wink wink wink
Re: Would You Add Your Parents In Your Facebook Friends List? by Nobody: 7:06am On Jan 23, 2010
aloy-emeka:

Make sure you block him totally. Will he marry his daughter? wink wink wink
He is a sweet darling old man, and we arereally close, but i have to draw the line somewhere.
Re: Would You Add Your Parents In Your Facebook Friends List? by chukudibab(m): 8:12am On Jan 23, 2010
wat if u send a frnd request to ur m0m r dad, they keep u pending. wink wink
wat will u be thinkingrin grin
Re: Would You Add Your Parents In Your Facebook Friends List? by Hanoobaba(m): 8:19am On Jan 23, 2010
My Mom: NO, she makes a fuss out of everything. She'll tear me to pieces when she sees that i've set my religious views to buddhist. And i've got too many naughty friends.
My Dad: He can't boot a system but i'll be glad to add him. I can use FB to blackmail him. The bad man is always looking for young fu, uck toys.
Re: Would You Add Your Parents In Your Facebook Friends List? by Nobody: 10:14am On Jan 23, 2010
My mom: no way, she makes fuss of everything and always wants to know everything
My dad: absolutely no way. He believe i have to read myself to "stupor". So any activity on FB to him means am not studying
Re: Would You Add Your Parents In Your Facebook Friends List? by lightwall: 12:27pm On Jan 23, 2010
yeah, i will.
Re: Would You Add Your Parents In Your Facebook Friends List? by Nestoville(m): 1:39pm On Jan 23, 2010
yep
Re: Would You Add Your Parents In Your Facebook Friends List? by coolier(f): 1:47pm On Jan 23, 2010
Why not?
Re: Would You Add Your Parents In Your Facebook Friends List? by hubpages(f): 2:57pm On Jan 23, 2010
i can't do that, even, i can't put my picture
Re: Would You Add Your Parents In Your Facebook Friends List? by maxtop(m): 3:06pm On Jan 23, 2010
nonsense, grin
Re: Would You Add Your Parents In Your Facebook Friends List? by aloyemeka2: 3:39pm On Jan 23, 2010
Hanoobaba:

My Mom: NO, she makes a fuss out of everything. She'll tear me to pieces when she sees that i've set my religious views to buddhist. And i've got too many naughty friends.
My Dad: He can't boot a system but i'll be glad to add him. I can use FB to blackmail him. The bad man is always looking for young fu, uck toys.
And he can't boot a system?. I guess one doesn't need computer proficiency to sleep with women.
Re: Would You Add Your Parents In Your Facebook Friends List? by Emmyk(m): 3:52pm On Jan 23, 2010
Oh Yeah!!! What the "BIG DEAL"? Well, we all have our conscience. (friends u av and whatever) So, Let it Judge U, Brotha!!! (^^,)
Re: Would You Add Your Parents In Your Facebook Friends List? by berre(f): 4:45pm On Jan 23, 2010
hell no!!!! wat are they doing there in the first place facebook is not CNN forum. would rather add my sibs, cousins and SOME aunts and uncles. wink
Re: Would You Add Your Parents In Your Facebook Friends List? by Akposkin: 4:54pm On Jan 23, 2010
Yes i can
Re: Would You Add Your Parents In Your Facebook Friends List? by DAVE5(m): 5:08pm On Jan 23, 2010
not at all.they doesnt even have that time
Re: Would You Add Your Parents In Your Facebook Friends List? by Lexzycane(m): 12:40pm On Jan 24, 2010
There are things you have to leave your parents out of. And this is definately one of em.
Re: Would You Add Your Parents In Your Facebook Friends List? by koolchicco: 2:27pm On Jan 24, 2010
Add my parents to Facebook?

This is definitely the biggest joke of the century! shocked
Re: Would You Add Your Parents In Your Facebook Friends List? by Jkobs(m): 6:36pm On Jan 24, 2010
why not!They too also need to keep up with the trend. shocked

Re: Would You Add Your Parents In Your Facebook Friends List? by ssumpta(f): 6:38pm On Jan 24, 2010
Too old school for facebook.
pops doesnt even send sms's.
Re: Would You Add Your Parents In Your Facebook Friends List? by na2day2(m): 3:37am On Jan 25, 2010
Jkobs:

why not!They too also need to keep up with the trend. shocked

is there a particular reason why u posted ur pic for this thread?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Friend's Wife Is Loyal To Her Mother And Ignores Her Husband / UK Court Allows Nigerian Couple To Keep Stolen Baby / How My Daughter Died Last Week.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.