Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,298 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:19 AM

Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! (3309 Views)

'Yoruba Men Are The Sweetest On Earth But They Cheat Shamelessly' - Lady Says / Igbo Woman Discusses Her Experiences Growing Up With Yoruba Men / Why Yoruba Men Should NOT Marry Igbo Women!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by EmperorLee(m): 9:18pm On Feb 21, 2017
Ishilove:

Sowee embarassed

cheesy. After you don spoil my market for American wonder woman side angry
Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by Ishilove: 9:20pm On Feb 21, 2017
EmperorLee:

cheesy. After you don spoil my market for American wonder woman side angry
Sowee embarassed
Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by BLeshea: 9:20pm On Feb 21, 2017
Is he a boy... We're both 27 you be the judge.
Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by Sanchez01: 9:21pm On Feb 21, 2017
Ishilove:
Control freaks are not limited to ethnicity. It is a function of temperament.

If you think Yoruba men are controlling then you haven't met Urhobo men. They are control freaks!

Gosh, I just can't deal abeg. Nothing like a control freak to bring out the worse in me angry
And you just had to destroy everything by mentioning Urhobo men. angry

We are not all the same. Upbringing and ideologies differ. Truth is, we have more crude Urhobo men than the refined ones but the place of exception is always intact smiley
Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by Omoluabi16(m): 9:22pm On Feb 21, 2017
ishilove no be lie. urhobo men are domineering, very traditional and so lazy.

2 Likes

Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by seunny4lif(m): 9:22pm On Feb 21, 2017
I not understanding grin grin
Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by EmperorLee(m): 9:22pm On Feb 21, 2017
BLeshea:
EmpereLee cool lol sorry taken by the controll freak wink

That kind of guy is only with you for a reason, am sure there's something he wants from you. Think about it.

Buh me, I just want you to be mine for now and always. I want to show you real love like you have never seen before. A trial will do more than convince you. Your call smiley

Sheybi ur head no wan correct for you ni. Na the advice wey you dey find, na hin you go get. Radarada.
Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by optional1(f): 9:24pm On Feb 21, 2017
Ishilove:

My dear Optional, see me see wahala o. He doesn't know me that's why he thinks he can talk to me anyhow. Dem never born the man wey go physically or verbally abuse me.

Imagine him telling me I am not up to the women he has dated in the past? Why? Because I never build house.

Na so I see red o! My dada scatter. I had to restrain myself so as not to go nuclear on him.

Kai, Urhobo men ehn

lolz

they think when a lady is silent she is a fool not knowing they are the ones who are fools......

A lady's silent is very poisonous like a viper... The day she will speak out that guy is dead...

Thank God say ur dada scatter oh...
Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by Omoluabi16(m): 9:24pm On Feb 21, 2017
Yoruba men are not control freaks oh! we are very open people.

1 Like

Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by Incognito101: 9:24pm On Feb 21, 2017
BLeshea:
Yes, he keeps telling me about manners... I will try, But manners beside.. Are Yoruba men always controlling like this? Maybe it's just his personality and has nothing to do with where he's from. Idk just confused.

It has nothing to do with yoruba. Like you said, it's just his personality. He really needs to work on that...

1 Like

Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by Ishilove: 9:26pm On Feb 21, 2017
Omoluabi16:
You have said it all
Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by Sanchez01: 9:26pm On Feb 21, 2017
BLeshea:
Is he a boy... We're both 27 you be the judge.
Here's the thing, he truly loves you but his upbringing does not necessarily exhibit Titanic. He believes the only way to show these things is by doing the things he does.

Unfortunately, you don't really know him. A handful of Nigerian men don't enjoy their ladies looking too extravagant or extremely noticeable. I guess this explains the witch part. He does not really know how to convey his thoughts, and you don't really understand the Nigerian way. We spend two hours asking our ladies the same question every day - 'have you eaten?' If he wants you to talk to his mum everytime, then he means business with you.

His approach is a bit crude but fear is also a factor. He fears you might leave him.

1 Like

Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by Nobody: 9:26pm On Feb 21, 2017
EmperorLee:

Honestly, I didn't read your story buh all i can say is that you should dumb his sorry ass.

And Marry me sad
Kwantinu, don't stop ooooo angry undecided
Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by Sanchez01: 9:27pm On Feb 21, 2017
Someone opens a thread to share her experience and everyone has made it an Urhobo affair. Never knew we were this popular grin
Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by temitemi1(m): 9:28pm On Feb 21, 2017
smh
Ishilove:

It is his personality. There are really sweet Yoruba men out there, although promiscuity is deeply ingrained in their DNA.
Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by Ishilove: 9:31pm On Feb 21, 2017
temitemi1:
smh
Eez the truth
Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by Ishilove: 9:31pm On Feb 21, 2017
Sanchez01:
Someone opens a thread to share her experience and everyone has made it an Urhobo affair. Never knew we were this popular grin
grin
Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by optional1(f): 9:31pm On Feb 21, 2017
EmperorLee:

That kind of guy is only with you for a reason, am sure there's something he wants from you. Think about it.

Buh me, I just want you to be mine for now and always. I want to show you real love like you have never seen before. A trial will do more than convince you. Your call smiley

Sheybi ur head no wan correct for you ni. Na the advice wey you dey find, na hin you go get. Radarada.

you better leave her.....

na here we go dey wen she go come dey cry say dey don scatter....
Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by EmperorLee(m): 9:32pm On Feb 21, 2017
Aderola15:

Kwantinu, don't stop ooooo angry undecided

Worri... Worrido
Someone cannot play withu ? sad
Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by EmperorLee(m): 9:33pm On Feb 21, 2017
optional1:

you better leave her.....

na here we go dey wen she go come dey cry say dey don scatter....

cheesy Oloriebi o ba ku, ko kan grandfather mii menh.
Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by BLeshea: 9:35pm On Feb 21, 2017
HungarBad... Okay well, I said considered. My mother is West Indian. My father is West Indian. Both From St. Croix, since I wasn't born there, I'm not considered Crucian, but African American or Caribbean. I am a brown girl with what he calls "White people hair" so he calls me white because I'm light skinned? Just ridiculous. & yes he hasn't been here long this time, he came when we first met on a visitors pass a few years ago, he has been here for a little over a year now. So that doesn't really make since that he would just now start this control thing when he returned. I would think he would know how women act, but just because that's how other American women act that doesn't mean that's how I act. Which is why I looked at maybe it was my culture or his culture that gas him feeling this way. & it probably does. Idk I guess I will have to just talk to him again and again.... Ugh! Thank you for your help!

1 Like

Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by optional1(f): 9:36pm On Feb 21, 2017
EmperorLee:

cheesy Oloriebi o ba ku, ko kan grandfather mii menh.

abeg meaning jor?
Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by BLeshea: 9:37pm On Feb 21, 2017
Sanchez01 thank you.
Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by Nobody: 9:39pm On Feb 21, 2017
Omoluabi16:
Not so sure about their laziness but traditional and domineering, I concur Sir. cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by EmperorLee(m): 9:40pm On Feb 21, 2017
optional1:

abeg meaning jor?

Chaii na exam you wan gimi so jaare.

E just simply mean say e no concern me if the guy brutalise or dump her sad
Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by Nobody: 9:42pm On Feb 21, 2017
That's a whole heap of issues ...far too many for any woman who is able to have some foresight and decide that there is more to life than being with a man who clearly is very insecure. His ethnicity has nothing to do with his controlling and domineering nature , that is his flaw which he clearly is not addressing. Women need to accept that they cannot change a man , same applies to men . A person changes because they want to .What changes is you and in most instances not for the better. If you are staying with a man who does not trust you, controls most aspects of your life then maybe you need to dig deep .

You may have issues with your self esteem as well. No one can tell you what to do. Every time you return after you break up , you reinforce the belief in him that he is indispensable to you. The hole will only get bigger and at some point you will not be able to get out. Jealousy and possessiveness are not restricted to tribes or ethnicities it's a kind of universal trait.

1 Like

Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by Ishilove: 9:42pm On Feb 21, 2017
Sanchez01:

Here's the thing, he truly loves you but his upbringing does not necessarily exhibit Titanic. He believes the only way to show these things is by doing the things he does.

Unfortunately, you don't really know him. A handful of Nigerian men don't enjoy their ladies looking too extravagant or extremely noticeable. I guess this explains the witch part. He does not really know how to convey his thoughts, and you don't really understand the Nigerian way. We spend two hours asking our ladies the same question every day - 'have you eaten?' If he wants you to talk to his mum everytime, then he means business with you.

His approach is a bit crude but fear is also a factor. He fears you might leave him.
Na lie jor. He is over-possessive and controlling
Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by Nobody: 9:42pm On Feb 21, 2017
EmperorLee:

Worri... Worrido
Someone cannot play withu ? sad
No dey play rough play my flend kiss
Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by optional1(f): 9:48pm On Feb 21, 2017
EmperorLee:

Chaii na exam you wan gimi so jaare.

E just simply mean say e no concern me if the guy brutalise or dump her sad

lolz

and you still write the exam...

E concern u oh cos u go take over frm were d guy stop...
Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by Sanchez01: 9:54pm On Feb 21, 2017
Ishilove:

Na lie jor. He is over-possessive and controlling
Lol... Sometimes, we (Nigerian men) could be poor at issues of the heart. You might only see us sweet at the initial phase and everything normalizes and get all natural that you might be wondering if the love had fizzled.

Seeing a domineering Nigerian is a common thing but an over-possessive one? That is obviously a product of inferiority complex. Example; 'she's too beautiful. I won't let any man come close'. BLeshea, most of what would be given to you here might come from acclaimed feminists. While I strongly frown at crude men who think or believe every power to control a woman rest on their palm, your man is only acting the African way but is going about it the wrong way. Communication seems to be broken between you guys. A right step in the right direction would be reestablishing it.

You agreed to having your own issues, which is admirable, but you really need to help him wear off that crude mentality. He wants you around when introducing you to people because he is proud of you, he doesn't agree to your argument being a black American but a white folk, I guess that stems from his mentality; every American is white, colour regardless.

He is a bit crude but sweet in a strange way typical of most Nigerian men. Help him learn while you equally adjust.

Ishi, I'm an Urhobo man grin

2 Likes

Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by Berbierklaus(f): 9:54pm On Feb 21, 2017
BLeshea:
EmpereLee cool lol sorry taken by the controll freak wink
Them don use this one collect green card finish grin

#kontinue cheesy
Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by ikp120(m): 9:57pm On Feb 21, 2017
BLeshea:
Okay, first off, I'm an American women. & I know my culture is in some ways very different, some ways not so much... Like dating, same thing I believe everywhere. My issue is why doesn't he want me to wear make up, leave the house without telling him where I'm going, why is he always checking my phone, and when he introduces me to his family here I always have to stay close to him?? I have to talk on the phone to his mother every time he calls her even though his mother doesn't speak English well so we say the same things. (Not that I have a problem with his mother, she is a wonderful woman) It's like he's scared I'm going to run away.. He also keeps telling me I'm a white woman, in which I'm biracial so it gets on my nerves, because here I'm considered African American, but he doesn't care. When I tell him about himself he just tries to throw in my face about all these women that want him. Then he gets mad when I tell him to call them and tell them I personally said they can all fucking have him. I guess I should be concerned about him leaving but, I could really care less, besides every time I try to leave he gets all emotional and begs me to just marry him... I don't get it!!! I love him but, I'm not the one to just beg a man to stay or not to have relations with other women.. I don't care if he does, but I tell him if I find out I will drop all his shit off wherever he is and they can deal with his controlling ass! I just don't understand why he thinks he can do whatever he wants and I'm just suppose to go to work and stay home. I can't wear makeup around others because he says I'm already pretty and he doesn't want others to get any ideas about me, whatever that means. Oh and when I wear makeup anyways he calls me a witch. Wtf is that about?? Should I stay with this man and marry him or will it only get worse? So confused.

BLESHEA, the bolded above is the grand plan. I repeat, that is the grand.

Withdraw ASAP! Withdraw ASAP! Withdraw ASAP! Quit that relationship ASAP!

Once he gets his green card, he WILL deal with you ruthlessly. He doesn't love you at all. You are simply a means to an end. He is a hustler; a typical Nigerian hustler.

I'm sorry for that. embarassedembarassed embarassed embarassed

Ignore my warnings and pay me $2,000 if it later happens. cool cool cool

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

! / Stop Killing Our Men, Stop Giving Them Slow Poison. Pretty Ghanian Lady Advice. / Man Shares His Experience With Sex Wokers, Last Night, At A Lagos Restaurant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.