Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,759 members, 7,809,924 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:18 PM

Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! (3307 Views)

'Yoruba Men Are The Sweetest On Earth But They Cheat Shamelessly' - Lady Says / Igbo Woman Discusses Her Experiences Growing Up With Yoruba Men / Why Yoruba Men Should NOT Marry Igbo Women!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by BLeshea: 10:06pm On Feb 21, 2017
Berbierklaus:

Them don use this one collect green card finish grin

#kontinue cheesy

He already has a Green Card, and if he didn't, yes I would make sure he did! What's wrong with people, seriously? We both work, he makes more than I do. Nobody is benefiting any more or less. Some people actually have problems other than worries about being used for a card that probably won't work for many regaurdless in the future.

1 Like

Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by BLeshea: 10:09pm On Feb 21, 2017
He already has a Green Card, through education. He doesn't need me for that.

1 Like

Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by Opakan2: 10:36pm On Feb 21, 2017
Yoruba men are the best.. we rock!
you won't feel lonely or regret your marriage one bit.

Sit him down and talk to him about his attitude, do it in a loving way. I'm sure he'll adjust

2 Likes

Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by Nobody: 10:43pm On Feb 21, 2017
pweetixandy:
miss american, there's something we Nigerians call #YorubaDemon. that's what you've got for yourself. enjoy your Yoruba demon.

Check this thread to know what Yoruba Demon means.
https://www.nairaland.com/3636271/yoruba-demon-5-reasons-why
That guy is just insecure.

1 Like

Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by Nobody: 10:45pm On Feb 21, 2017
BLeshea:
He's never put his hands on me, and I know he loves me, I just don't know what I can do to get him to trust me. It's driving me crazy to not be able to do all the things I did before. I'm in no way the type that just goes out and meets up with men. He is absolutely amazing and makes me very happy, it's just when I try to get space away from him. Or try to get out of the house. I have all brothers, if he ever did get abusive I can handle myself. Not worried about that.

He is insecure. You can't change him. Check this thread to know how real Yoruba men behave.

1 Like

Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by Ishilove: 11:25pm On Feb 21, 2017
Sanchez01:

Ishi, I'm an Urhobo man grin
cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by pweetixandy: 9:04am On Feb 22, 2017
B2Spirits:

Check this thread to know what Yoruba Demon means.
That guy is just insecure.
na so e dey start naaa, u no know. you say he's insecure now, pretty soon he'll start beating her, then one day maybe butcher her and use her parts to do pepper soup and give their kids to eat.
Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by blaise26abj(m): 9:27am On Feb 22, 2017
There is a very serious underlying problem and I think it is related to a past heartbreak. He loves you and is super scared that you will do the same thing d person did to him. Talk with him and try to dig up his past regarding heartbreaks. Let him talk and he will ultimately reveal why he lacks trust in you.

Then, from a position of understanding, you will be able help him to trust again.

1 Like

Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by BLeshea: 7:18am On Feb 23, 2017
blaise26abj:
There is a very serious underlying problem and I think it is related to a past heartbreak. He loves you and is super scared that you will do the same thing d person did to him. Talk with him and try to dig up his past regarding heartbreaks. Let him talk and he will ultimately reveal why he lack so trust in you.

Then, from a position of understanding, you will be able help him to trust again.
Thank you
Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by maziobi69(m): 7:26am On Feb 23, 2017
BLeshea:
Okay, first off, I'm an American women. & I know my culture is in some ways very different, some ways not so much... Like dating, same thing I believe everywhere. My issue is why doesn't he want me to wear make up, leave the house without telling him where I'm going, why is he always checking my phone, and when he introduces me to his family here I always have to stay close to him?? I have to talk on the phone to his mother every time he calls her even though his mother doesn't speak English well so we say the same things. (Not that I have a problem with his mother, she is a wonderful woman) It's like he's scared I'm going to run away.. He also keeps telling me I'm a white woman, in which I'm biracial so it gets on my nerves, because here I'm considered African American, but he doesn't care. When I tell him about himself he just tries to throw in my face about all these women that want him. Then he gets mad when I tell him to call them and tell them I personally said they can all fucking have him. I guess I should be concerned about him leaving but, I could really care less, besides every time I try to leave he gets all emotional and begs me to just marry him... I don't get it!!! I love him but, I'm not the one to just beg a man to stay or not to have relations with other women.. I don't care if he does, but I tell him if I find out I will drop all his shit off wherever he is and they can deal with his controlling ass! I just don't understand why he thinks he can do whatever he wants and I'm just suppose to go to work and stay home. I can't wear makeup around others because he says I'm already pretty and he doesn't want others to get any ideas about me, whatever that means. Oh and when I wear makeup anyways he calls me a witch. Wtf is that about?? Should I stay with this man and marry him or will it only get worse? So confused.
from all the gibberish you wrote its seems you complain alot, just the small issue you wrote a text book, when you're with anybody including Yoruba guys try and be plain and got straight to the point also try and talk things out with him
Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by Nobody: 8:50am On Feb 23, 2017
@OP
Yoruba men are not controlling ooh. One thing i can just say about them is "they respect people a lot" and maybe your 'he' feels he's not getting it back from you probably via manners
Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by Huddler: 9:33am On Feb 23, 2017
BLeshea:
Okay, first off, I'm an American women. & I know my culture is in some ways very different, some ways not so much... Like dating, same thing I believe everywhere. My issue is why doesn't he want me to wear make up, leave the house without telling him where I'm going, why is he always checking my phone, and when he introduces me to his family here I always have to stay close to him?? I have to talk on the phone to his mother every time he calls her even though his mother doesn't speak English well so we say the same things. (Not that I have a problem with his mother, she is a wonderful woman) It's like he's scared I'm going to run away.. He also keeps telling me I'm a white woman, in which I'm biracial so it gets on my nerves, because here I'm considered African American, but he doesn't care. When I tell him about himself he just tries to throw in my face about all these women that want him. Then he gets mad when I tell him to call them and tell them I personally said they can all fucking have him. I guess I should be concerned about him leaving but, I could really care less, besides every time I try to leave he gets all emotional and begs me to just marry him... I don't get it!!! I love him but, I'm not the one to just beg a man to stay or not to have relations with other women.. I don't care if he does, but I tell him if I find out I will drop all his shit off wherever he is and they can deal with his controlling ass! I just don't understand why he thinks he can do whatever he wants and I'm just suppose to go to work and stay home. I can't wear makeup around others because he says I'm already pretty and he doesn't want others to get any ideas about me, whatever that means. Oh and when I wear makeup anyways he calls me a witch. Wtf is that about?? Should I stay with this man and marry him or will it only get worse? So confused.

Marry Igbo guy and see the difference. Yoruba men are cheats, they can't control their libido, always thinking about sex all the time, he is having an affair with another woman that's why he is always begging you to stay, he wants something from you, something like Green Card. They are too desperate.

Check these pics below.

He is using you, wake up before it's too late.

Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by ccffwx: 9:44am On Feb 23, 2017
It's obvious that he is insecure. Most of them are. I suggest that you leave him as you may have problems from him in the future. The thing is that most Nigerian women take poo from their men so their men believe that is what all women are about. Imagine that he won't allow you do things like you're a child? You on the other hand know that nobody owns your life and act it which is what most of them are calling "lack of manners". The both of you are really different. Think about this.
BLeshea:
He already has a Green Card, through education. He doesn't need me for that.
Re: Are All Yoruba Men Controlling?? Help! by Omakraid(f): 11:16am On Feb 23, 2017
Yoruba men ain't controlling but the man u met is.. And I guess he is keeping you for a purpose that will be fulfilled as soon as you get married. My opinion tho

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How I Wish I Had Waited. My Regret And Pains About Sleeping With Prostitutes !!! / Checkout This 2 Nairalanders Romantic Pre-wedding Pictures. / I Squeeze Some Milk For His Breakfast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.