Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,800 members, 7,810,080 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:16 PM

Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard (45919 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Invade Mbatoho, Makurdi, Order 5000 Villagers To Vacate Homes / South Africans React To Zuma's Statue In Imo / Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by geekybabe(f): 6:34pm On Feb 23, 2017
zinaunreal:
this is an example of a fool Now children repeat after me... BIG FOOL

At least put punctuation marks in your statement so i can understand your english. Olodo. cheesy
Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by Litmus: 6:35pm On Feb 23, 2017
freeborn76:
This is unreasonable...we are been reactive as usual. Majority of the South Africans here provide legit services and create employment in their thousands for Nigerian nationals; most Nigerians in S.A. on the other hand are involved in drug peddling and other vices. Abeg, let's stop this senseless reactive diplomacy. You chase out 3000 South Africans, they chase out 3 million Nigerians, whose loss? The focus of the FG should be creating an enabling environment for Nigerians to thrive here

Well, I would hope Nigerians choose not to retaliate aginst South Africans in Nigeria out of humanity, out of being the better people and not out of fear Against a counter South African reaction. This is because South Africa and South Africans would have no incentive to desist from attacking Nigerians and will in the future continue to attack Nigerians. In such a scenario it would be better for Nigerians to kick out 3000 South Africans, and make preparations for the return of "3 million" Nigerians. And the argument you may make in return which is that Nigerians in South Africa should not commit crimes so that there'd be no need for attacks on them does not wash with me since I'm almost certain that the attacks on Nigerians have nothing to do with crime, those are merely excuses and justifications.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by 4everGrand(m): 6:35pm On Feb 23, 2017
SuperSuave:
grin Pls let me know when it's time for us to invade shoprite!! grin #Enoughisenough

Baaaaaad boy! grin grin
Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by freeborn76(m): 6:36pm On Feb 23, 2017
Litmus:

Well, I would hope Nigerians choose not to retaliate aginst South Africans in Nigeria out of humanity, out of being the better people and not out of fear Against a counter South African reaction. This is because South Africa and South Africans would have no incentive to desist from attacking Nigerians and will in the future continue to attack Nigerians. In such a scenario it would be better for Nigerians to kick out 3000 South Africans, and make preparations for the return of 3 million Nigerians. And the argument you may make in return which is that Nigerians in South Africa should not commit crimes so that there'd be no need for attacks on them does not wash with me since I'm almost certain that the attacks on Nigerians have nothing to do with crime, those are merely excuses and justifications.

Well said, I respect your argument
Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by akoko11: 6:41pm On Feb 23, 2017
freeborn76:
This is unreasonable...we are been reactive as usual. Majority of the South Africans here provide legit services and create employment in their thousands for Nigerian nationals; most Nigerians in S.A. on the other hand are involved in drug peddling and other vices. Abeg, let's stop this senseless reactive diplomacy. You chase out 3000 South Africans, they chase out 3 million Nigerians, whose loss? The focus of the FG should be creating an enabling environment for Nigerians to thrive here

You are a confirmed ekpa, you look like someone paid by mtn, dstv or shoprite to spill these scraps

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by Kdiva(f): 6:43pm On Feb 23, 2017
grin
SuperSuave:
grin Pls let me know when it's time for us to invade shoprite!! grin #Enoughisenough
grin
SuperSuave:
Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by willibounce1(m): 6:45pm On Feb 23, 2017
Empty threats as usual. Make una never go read una books. You think the owners of any mall will allow you enter their mall to attack shoprite? Ya'll are joking
Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by Resees: 6:45pm On Feb 23, 2017
whitebrown:
It's a real pity that things have degenerated to this extent. I am a Nigerian and I live here in SA and have done so for well over a decade. Though I am a professional but not oblivious to the events occurring here. I have Yoruba friends and ibo friends alike and we engage in discussions very often. The biggest problem here is that lots and loads of our brothers from the east have really created a bad image for Nigeria. I listened on the radio a few days ago has people called in. Strange enough, the callers included Congolese, Ghanaians etc and they were all pointing fingers at one nation, Nigeria and complaining about the drug problem. Parents are facing problems with their high school kids now easily having access to drugs. Just a month ago, I went to get some Nigerian foodstuff and while I was there, I started chatting up an ibo brother who I liked so much as he seemed very grounded and respectful. I was shocked when he told me about the crime occurring in that area which is practically occupied from beginning to end by his fellow brothers. He told me of his tribes men involvement in robbery, house breaking and car hijacking. Yes I was shocked! But this was coming from a fellow Nigerian who trades on that street. He told me that what I see visually is different from the happenings underground. I asked about the police and why they were not arresting them and he said the police are also in on it and they just come around to collect their 'share' as they give them a certain amount daily.
I am sure that a few Yoruba people are also involved in shady dealings but the name Nigeria is synonymous to drugs and those involved in that line are Nigeria's biggest problem.
Unfortunately, lots of decent well meaning Nigerians both home and away feel the impact of this negative image but the perpetrators who mostly are uneducated and you atimes wonder if they flew here straight from their villages without ever experiencing civilization. They continue with their trade and you can't help but wonder if they ever listen to the news. If you take a drive to those areas even in the midst of all these current event, I promise you they are still going about selling their drugs like nothing is happening.
I personally think Nigerians in South Africa should themselves stand up and speak with one voice and let even the South African public know that Nigeria as a country and people stand against drugs and drug peddlers. A lawyer friend of mine once told me that 98% of Nigerians in SA prisons are ibos and some serving as much as 35yrs sentence and almost all are drug related offenses. By the way, I have ibo friends who are doctors and also some studying at various levels. Infact I meet one last week doing his masters in economics. A good analogy is taking a pinch of dye and pouring it into a big bowl of clean water. When people look into the bowl, all they see is contaminated water. We as Nigerians of all tribes have to fight those dragging our name down by involving in drugs because that is not who we are.

I am ibo and i concur sad

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by ItsMeAboki(m): 6:46pm On Feb 23, 2017
freeborn76:

Thanks bro. I am worried that Nigerians generally just react without paying apt attention to issues on ground...it really saddens me.
Yes indeed, NANS and all these ppl supporting them here are not thinking with their heads but unfortunately acting on mere emotions - it is quite sad.
Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by LANDLORD72: 6:47pm On Feb 23, 2017
geekybabe:
Who send them? They start a stupid fight that they cant finish. Putting thousands of nigerian lives in SA at stake.

Instead of them to protest crappy education in nigerian unis, and protest exorbitant fees, they are giving empty threats. Misguided students.

The SA you are protesting, hundreds of nigerians have benefited from free tuition and bursaries in their schls.

I'm just pissed.
Close your smelling mouth goat

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by Limitless72(m): 6:47pm On Feb 23, 2017
geekybabe:
Who send them? They start a stupid fight that they cant finish. Putting thousands of nigerian lives in SA at stake.

Instead of them to protest crappy education in nigerian unis, and protest exorbitant fees, they are giving empty threats. Misguided students.

The SA you are protesting, hundreds of nigerians have benefited from free tuition and bursaries in their schls.

I'm just pissed.

Nigga da talk sey no matter how u temper hot reach e no fit boil beans.....so nah until you hear sey one of ur brother wey dey there don die due to SA attack nah dat time ur eye go clear....#mtcheww
Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by darknetcom: 6:49pm On Feb 23, 2017
RooRuudRonSaha:
lol, and your guys keep running there. How many south africans una kill.

kill??..i dont think in killing...i can finish somebody without killing ram..

but their are those that dont care to kill you...

south africans dont want to wake this wans up...believe me...
Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by darknetcom: 6:53pm On Feb 23, 2017
willibounce1:
Empty threats as usual. Make una never go read una books. You think the owners of any mall will allow you enter their mall to attack shoprite? Ya'll are joking

you think police protection is free??...

south africa will still loose a hugh amount of money for protection...ntooor... tongue
Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by Nobody: 6:53pm On Feb 23, 2017
whitebrown:
It's a real pity that things have degenerated to this extent. I am a Nigerian and I live here in SA and have done so for well over a decade. Though I am a professional but not oblivious to the events occurring here. I have Yoruba friends and ibo friends alike and we engage in discussions very often. The biggest problem here is that lots and loads of our brothers from the east have really created a bad image for Nigeria. I listened on the radio a few days ago has people called in. Strange enough, the callers included Congolese, Ghanaians etc and they were all pointing fingers at one nation, Nigeria and complaining about the drug problem. Parents are facing problems with their high school kids now easily having access to drugs. Just a month ago, I went to get some Nigerian foodstuff and while I was there, I started chatting up an ibo brother who I liked so much as he seemed very grounded and respectful. I was shocked when he told me about the crime occurring in that area which is practically occupied from beginning to end by his fellow brothers. He told me of his tribes men involvement in robbery, house breaking and car hijacking. Yes I was shocked! But this was coming from a fellow Nigerian who trades on that street. He told me that what I see visually is different from the happenings underground. I asked about the police and why they were not arresting them and he said the police are also in on it and they just come around to collect their 'share' as they give them a certain amount daily.
I am sure that a few Yoruba people are also involved in shady dealings but the name Nigeria is synonymous to drugs and those involved in that line are Nigeria's biggest problem.
Unfortunately, lots of decent well meaning Nigerians both home and away feel the impact of this negative image but the perpetrators who mostly are uneducated and you atimes wonder if they flew here straight from their villages without ever experiencing civilization. They continue with their trade and you can't help but wonder if they ever listen to the news. If you take a drive to those areas even in the midst of all these current event, I promise you they are still going about selling their drugs like nothing is happening.
I personally think Nigerians in South Africa should themselves stand up and speak with one voice and let even the South African public know that Nigeria as a country and people stand against drugs and drug peddlers. A lawyer friend of mine once told me that 98% of Nigerians in SA prisons are ibos and some serving as much as 35yrs sentence and almost all are drug related offenses. By the way, I have ibo friends who are doctors and also some studying at various levels. Infact I meet one last week doing his masters in economics. A good analogy is taking a pinch of dye and pouring it into a big bowl of clean water. When people look into the bowl, all they see is contaminated water. We as Nigerians of all tribes have to fight those dragging our name down by involving in drugs because that is not who we are.

Sensible post. Same thing could be said about South Africans, the majority do not take part in these senseless attacks, but unfortunately, a few bad apples spoil the entire basket.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by xhamel88: 6:54pm On Feb 23, 2017
freeborn76:

Gbenu e si ohun, ode!....if na your brother them kill, you for know..oloorun.
Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by Ayoboo: 6:55pm On Feb 23, 2017
It's such a pity that everyone is calling this xenophobic attacks, it's not, reason why I say that is that there are different Africans living peacefully in SA and no problems thus far, but as for Nigerians especially the igbos who are in SA they are the problem, this has nothing to do with tribalism but it's the truth, they do sell drugs, they bribe the police, they own brothels, I am not saying other tribes are innocent but igbos are giving us bad names, SA police are not doing anything to stop them, they are as corrupt and turn a blind eye. If anyone does a documentary in SA regarding shady things that igbos are doing you will know the truth, is the same thing in India, Malaysia. There are bad South African yes, but what they are complaining about is the thruth.

As Nigerina we need to stand up & speak out about our corrupt brothers. We are being painted in the same brush because of their dealings.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by pacretus(m): 6:58pm On Feb 23, 2017
freeborn76:
long story.when your mother tells you to eat rat killer,shebi you wouldn't hesitate.

what stops a southie from rejecting an invitation to become a junky?
or their police from arresting the drug lords.

though not supporting the crimes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by Elfaris(m): 6:59pm On Feb 23, 2017
SuperSuave:
hehehe I know where this is going, na only shoprite you wan invade bah?
Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by LoveDecay(m): 6:59pm On Feb 23, 2017
freeborn76:

That is a huge lie! Stop deceiving yourself...the South African economy is too massive to depend on Shoprite and MTN. The problem is that we have so many people on this forum who do not understand basic diplomacy.

And Nigeria is the 1st largest and Lagos is the 5th largest. You still come here to talk trash.

A cesspit hiv prostitution and drug ridden country called South Africa.

Nigerian's are always the main target. South-Africa is currently undergoing political turmoil if your following world news. I am suggesting Nigerian's vacate that country until at least the solve their internal issues.
Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by Mickin123: 6:59pm On Feb 23, 2017
Last I checked,South Africa has over 100 companies in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by Elliot2(m): 7:00pm On Feb 23, 2017
freeborn76:
Even if nigerians are committing vices in south africa,it is not enough reason for them to kill them extra-judiciously, don't they have laws and law enforcement agents to arrest and prosecute them? If the south African masses feel they are not comfortable with nigerians staying there,then they should
pressure the government to ask the Nigerians to go. simple!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by magoo10(m): 7:02pm On Feb 23, 2017
you cannot ask them to move out within 48hours because they are legally doing business, direct your grievances to the country's leadership, it is their duty to protect Nigerians all over the globe through her diplomatic missions.
They have failed and continue to fail.
Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by pweshboi(m): 7:03pm On Feb 23, 2017
SuperSuave:
lol guy in the most respectful way u can ever imagine... you're a foooooooooool. Abeg contact me sharply if time don't reach make we gather move grin
Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by Zaramdgreat(f): 7:07pm On Feb 23, 2017
SuperSuave:
grin
SuperSuave:
Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by LoveDecay(m): 7:08pm On Feb 23, 2017
magoo10:
you cannot ask them to move out within 48hours because they are legally doing business, direct your grievances to the country's leadership, it is their duty to protect Nigerians all over the globe through her diplomatic missions.
They have failed and continue to fail.

I am ashamed of you. A guy on this thread complained about people like you. You rather go to libya, south africa or the west and wash plates, drive cabs and clean dead bodies than stay in your country and hustle like other men than have made it and are making it.

Lazy Nigerian, If the citizen's reject these countries... they will be shut down within an hour if need be. You know nothing about diplomacy.

Diplomacy is not for cowards like you because it is evident you dont have the balls to negotiate and manipulate to get what you want.

We know you can sell us for American even Siberian passport.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by vani86: 7:08pm On Feb 23, 2017
lereinter:

mr pdp or maybe biafrog

what did pdp do during the earlier xenophobic attack of 2015

Have a little sense abeg, so anyone that criticise APC is an IPOB smh.

I cant argue with you, your intellect is too low.
Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by Abagworo(m): 7:12pm On Feb 23, 2017
I will gladly join in this even though I'm not a student.
Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by darknetcom: 7:13pm On Feb 23, 2017
Zaramdgreat:

grin

sweet....
kiss
Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by SuperSuave(m): 7:21pm On Feb 23, 2017
pweshboi:

lol guy in the most respectful way u can ever imagine... you're a foooooooooool. Abeg contact me sharply if time don't reach make we gather move grin
shocked

Me right now...

Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by madjune(m): 7:25pm On Feb 23, 2017
Thank you Mr Aruna.

I love your spirit but then, I condemn vandalism and looting in the name of.protests.
Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by magoo10(m): 7:41pm On Feb 23, 2017
I know your type

you are like those who say if biafra is created they will forfeit all their properties and investments.

you know nothing about the human right you are fighting for.

the students going on reprisals does not show civility ,this is an issue that can be easily solved by the government rapports and negotiation with the south African government. it cannot be solved by threatening law abiding individuals just because your leaders are failing in their duties.

we have a high commission and ambassador representatives in southafrica, what are they saying or are they also on vacation?

my brother do the right thing and stop making noise.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

2023: Analysis Of Six States With The Highest Registered Voters / Soldiers Pose With Terrorist's Dead Body After Repelling Boko Haram Attack. PICS / "Me I Was Wakaring About" - Lady Sharing Election Experience On TV, Goes Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.