Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,544 members, 7,812,714 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:56 PM

Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard (45922 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Invade Mbatoho, Makurdi, Order 5000 Villagers To Vacate Homes / South Africans React To Zuma's Statue In Imo / Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by KekeNash(f): 6:09pm On Feb 23, 2017
Tell me how vendalising MTN offices is gonna strengthen your lame Naira, Nigerians must just go we can't seat back and watch Buhari mumus destroying our country with drugs and prostituting our girls, because they gonna touch MTN or Shoprite? Shit! We have our own problems to deal with. Nigerians must Bleep back to thier zoo, we are cool with Zimbabweans.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by harheesha(f): 6:09pm On Feb 23, 2017
Mtn help a lot of of people ranging from health to education i would be sad if they leave but for others like multichoice especially they only extort nigerians destroy their offices.
Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by akoko11: 6:10pm On Feb 23, 2017
E don burst, my fellow former SUG president from other school invited me for this protest but I was not chance to be there, good one there.

Great of the greatest of the greatest of the greatest of the greatest of the greatest Nigeria students Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeat!!!

Great gbogbo gbogbo!!!
Great Gbigbi Gbigbi!!!
Great gbagba gbagba!!!
Great kpeinnnn kpeinnnn!!!

I want to yan yan!!!
I want to talk talk!!! :
I want to tota tota!!!
Oboy like this en my blood dey hot

Song

Aluta struggle gentleman no dey o
Aluta struggle gentleman no dey o

Three gbosa for NANS

Gbosa! Gbosa!! Gbosa!!!

Three eya for SA

Eya! Eya!! Eya!!!

I remain Akoko aka aluta bomb, former SUG president, former NANS senator.

Fiscal federalism is d sure answer to Nigeria's problems.
Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by nerovito(m): 6:11pm On Feb 23, 2017
SuperSuave:
grin Pls let me know when it's time for us to invade shoprite!! grin #Enoughisenough

Na that one be my main target, wetin concern me with dstv and them rest.. make them just pour petrol burn them down
Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by Resees: 6:12pm On Feb 23, 2017
May be it is time Nigeria should stop being a consumer but instead turn to a producing country.Until then you guys are just a bunch of jokes.
Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by Airtimex(m): 6:13pm On Feb 23, 2017
REPOST
Trevor Noah Posts

There are about 2.3 million Immigrants living in South Africa, this number includes other Africans, Chinese, Bangladeshi, Indians, middle easterners and Europeans who are not born in SA. out of this number, only 1.6 million are Africans. The 1.6 MILLION Africans mostly run small shops, vending, service industries etc. They may lay claim to less than 0.00001% of wealth in SA.

Whites in South Africa makes up about 8.7% of the population and controls over 85% wealth. Though there are increases in black CEOs and managers, these are mere servants and just a optical presentations. There are about 6000 Europeans families who own over 85% of agricultural lands in south Africa. So when I hear south Africans claiming that other Africans are competing with them on dwindling/scarce resources, I say that your anger and outrage is misplaced. African immigrants don't own lands, don't run companies, don't own mining companies, don't operate trophy hunting companies, do not ship out capital to European banks.

Yours is a complete misplaced anger, prejudice and xenophobia built up out of inferiority complex created by decades of apartheid and oppression. I don't see fellow African as a competitor but a fellow compatriot who is struggling to feed his family and have some comfort in this short life-time. If you feel undeserved in wealth distribution, please research again who controls that wealth and it has nothing to do with some Nigerian, Zimbabwean or Mozambican working in a restaurant or Ethiopian running a small shop, or a Ghanaian mechanic working hard in the sun.

There is zero excuse to hate or despise any African at all, there are no merits for it and it's baseless at best. When African Immigrants living in SA start owning like 20% of wealth and not hiring SA natives, then I will be on the streets with you to protest. Till then, if you hate fellow African for simply running a simple store, you are nothing but a buffoon, slowpoke who was prematurely circumcised and never grew up. Base your hate on facts, not inferiority complex. That's all.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by thebadmus(m): 6:14pm On Feb 23, 2017
freeborn76:
This is unreasonable...we are been reactive as usual. Majority of the South Africans here provide legit services and create employment in their thousands for Nigerian nationals; most Nigerians in S.A. on the other hand are involved in drug peddling and other vices. Abeg, let's stop this senseless reactive diplomacy. You chase out 3000 South Africans, they chase out 3 million Nigerians, whose loss? The focus of the FG should be creating an enabling environment for Nigerians to thrive here
yu speak sense

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by darknetcom: 6:18pm On Feb 23, 2017
and concerning child prostitution,i dont believe its nigerians that do it...

its not in our culture...the north marries them off,i never heard of prostitution before..

the igbos dont do that,i never heard them doing that before,some of them may sell drugs,but i never heard that they do child prostitution in the world...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by opribo(m): 6:18pm On Feb 23, 2017
Thats exactly what we need to do as Nigerian youths give them back a taste of their own medicine, They do not have the monopoly of violence. Ofcourse they have alot more to loose when we begin our retaliation. They have Shoprite, MTN, DSTV,etc and all their IT companies must be ready to pay the price of their country men's distructive action against Nigeria. I cant wait for the action to start.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by dealslip(f): 6:18pm On Feb 23, 2017
freeborn76:
This is unreasonable...we are been reactive as usual. Majority of the South Africans here provide legit services and create employment in their thousands for Nigerian nationals; most Nigerians in S.A. on the other hand are involved in drug peddling and other vices. Abeg, let's stop this senseless reactive diplomacy. You chase out 3000 South Africans, they chase out 3 million Nigerians, whose loss? The focus of the FG should be creating an enabling environment for Nigerians to thrive here
Do you know how much MTN made in their first year in Nigeria. 19 billion naira since then they have had the highest revenue from Nigeria amongst other countries inAfrica. The 3million naiad in SA didn't walk down there, they flew there and they do that regularly every year. Do you know what that will do to SA airlines, embassy and hotels in SA. They will lose big time

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by nerovito(m): 6:19pm On Feb 23, 2017
freeborn76:

Oga legit or not they are not selling more then weed and no one deserve jungle justice not even a foreigner and their government didn't make any official statement condemning the act, for you to know say Nigeria dey respect foreigner police don mount for there to avoid protesters vandalizing properties.. make them try kill Americans because they sell cocaine na that time you go support Abi, U better support what is right na because u no dey work legit business for south Africa u dey talk like this, I watched a video online the mechanic was in tears because he lost everything he had in an hour

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by GGirll: 6:21pm On Feb 23, 2017
freeborn76:
u can say this cos u didn't loose any loved one or property n money, its a big risk and will serve as a deterant to both stupid HIV RAVAGED SOUTH AFRICANS and Nigerian government to create a job for it citizens and not ripping off our collective national heritage for themselves alone or face d consequences of huge crime rate that will be worse than kidnapping, boko haram n ritualism so get ready for action or keep being at d receiving end Mbok!!!
Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by darknetcom: 6:22pm On Feb 23, 2017
RooRuudRonSaha:
mumu i am a nigerian. They own their land and they can do what they feel as trump is doing in his own land. grin

and nigeria is our own land,we can do what we feel too...

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by Nobody: 6:22pm On Feb 23, 2017
freeborn76:
and SA will loose billions of dollars and their rich men will beg for kuli kuli

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by freeborn76(m): 6:23pm On Feb 23, 2017
nerovito:

Oga legit or not they are not selling more then weed and no one deserve jungle justice not even a foreigner and their government didn't make any official statement condemning the act, for you to know say Nigeria dey respect foreigner police don mount for there to avoid protesters vandalizing properties.. make them try kill Americans because they sell cocaine na that time you go support Abi, U better support what is right na because u no dey work legit business for south Africa u dey talk like this, I watched a video online the mechanic was in tears because he lost everything he had in an hour

My bro, I don't support xenophobia in whatever form, and I don't live in SA. I just feel that we as Nigerians need to look inwards and start addressing serious issues. There are Ghanaians, Cameroonians, Kenyans etc. in SA, why are they not targeted? There are better ways to handle the situation than asking South Africans to live, it is too reactive.
Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by darknetcom: 6:26pm On Feb 23, 2017
freeborn76:

That is a huge lie! Stop deceiving yourself...the South African economy is too massive to depend on Shoprite and MTN. The problem is that we have so many people on this forum who do not understand basic diplomacy.

how many companies do you have else where in the world than only nigeria??...

the europeans will not allow you,the chinese dont know you,the americans??..

give us a break...

south africa is nothing compared to the rest of the world...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by Skmoda360(m): 6:26pm On Feb 23, 2017
petkoffdrake2:
Eiya! Its not fair, where will I run to??
you will move yourself and your baggages back to naija or better still ship your house back to Nigeria incase you have one.
Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by Outofsync(m): 6:28pm On Feb 23, 2017
Ioannes:
Yeye!

Foolish students.

Don't worry now. Shebi you will soon graduate and you'll start looking for job. Then we will remind you that you sent some companies packing some months ago.
Total Nonsense undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by blackboy(m): 6:28pm On Feb 23, 2017
Where is their common sense? Make they face their country. Our leaders need to take necessary action. What pushed many Nigerians to SA,? Seeking better life. Has our government summoned their Ambassador? Has the president Called his counterpart for talks on this issue? Nigerians student giving ultimatum? Let's see how Nigeria will come out of recession with this kind of talk. It is your corrupt leaders that will employ you when you finish school? All their money hidden or transferred abroad not creating jobs just using the money to keep using your likes to remain in power. Kwontinue. Tomorrow you will say you are graduates when common sense you no get. Learn to shun threat and violence
Seek peace and discussion to resolve problems

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by Outofsync(m): 6:29pm On Feb 23, 2017
freeborn76:

That is a huge lie! Stop deceiving yourself...the South African economy is too massive to depend on Shoprite and MTN. The problem is that we have so many people on this forum who do not understand basic diplomacy.
MTN, Shoprite and Dstv are massive companies in SA.

And the three of them receive major patronage mostly in Nigeria.

It's a no-brainer that chasing them out will weaken their economy undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by darknetcom: 6:30pm On Feb 23, 2017
whites own 85% of the whealth of south africa..you zulus are all bimbos...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by ceejay80s(m): 6:30pm On Feb 23, 2017
Nigerian news won't carry this kind of news, this news should even go to cnn so south Africans will know we are ready , the video should be uploaded to instagram ,youtube , Facebook and other social media that allows video uploading ...
CNN

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by ItsMeAboki(m): 6:30pm On Feb 23, 2017
freeborn76:

Man you talk sense; if NANS should carry out its illegal threats and destroyed SA businesses, who do they think will be put out of their jobs; thousands of Nigerians employed by these companies and in any case the cost of any damage would eventually be passed on to Nigerian customers; so their proposal is not only silly but counter productive - all they should do is to carry on with their demonstration and urge the govt and relevant organisations put pressure to bear on the SA authorities to reign in their unruly ppl from attacking Nigerians and other foreigners.
Meanwhile, I also agree on the issue of drug pushing; its no secret that many of our brothers out there are into this illicit activity and therefore drawing unwelcomed notoriety to themselves which is further being compounded by their brash arrogant attitude of flaunting such ill gotten wealth in the faces of the average downtrodden poor SA and using this advantage to take over their women at will; consequently drawing his wrath and envy - this is the main reason for so much hatred against Nigerians out there as well as the police brutality we are witnessing against our nationals.
Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by zinaunreal(m): 6:31pm On Feb 23, 2017
geekybabe:
Who send them? They start a stupid fight that they cant finish. Putting thousands of nigerian lives in SA at stake.

Instead of them to protest crappy education in nigerian unis, and protest exorbitant fees, they are giving empty threats. Misguided students.

The SA you are protesting, hundreds of nigerians have benefited from free tuition and bursaries in their schls.

I'm just pissed.
this is an example of a fool Now children repeat after me... BIG FOOL

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by darknetcom: 6:31pm On Feb 23, 2017
Outofsync:

MTN, Shoprite and Dstv are massive companies in SA.

And the three of them receive major patronage mostly in Nigeria.

It's a no-brainer that chasing them out will weaken their economy undecided

we will teach them a lesson in economics...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by ceejay80s(m): 6:32pm On Feb 23, 2017
SuperSuave:
grin Pls let me know when it's time for us to invade shoprite!! grin #Enoughisenough

Olè
Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by PROVERBZ(m): 6:32pm On Feb 23, 2017
KekeNash:
Tell me how vendalising MTN offices is gonna strengthen your lame Naira, Nigerians must just go we can't seat back and watch Buhari mumus destroying our country with drugs and prostituting our girls, because they gonna touch MTN or Shoprite? Shit! We have our own problems to deal with. Nigerians must Bleep back to thier zoo, we are cool with Zimbabweans.
man don't get it wrong we simply just want south African companies out so we can patronize ours and grow

me to I don't know why they vandalizing mtn offices. sha I heard tomorrow is for shop rite outlets DAT one I must partake I swear
Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by whitebrown(f): 6:33pm On Feb 23, 2017
It's a real pity that things have degenerated to this extent. I am a Nigerian and I live here in SA and have done so for well over a decade. Though I am a professional but not oblivious to the events occurring here. I have Yoruba friends and ibo friends alike and we engage in discussions very often. The biggest problem here is that lots and loads of our brothers from the east have really created a bad image for Nigeria. I listened on the radio a few days ago has people called in. Strange enough, the callers included Congolese, Ghanaians etc and they were all pointing fingers at one nation, Nigeria and complaining about the drug problem. Parents are facing problems with their high school kids now easily having access to drugs. Just a month ago, I went to get some Nigerian foodstuff and while I was there, I started chatting up an ibo brother who I liked so much as he seemed very grounded and respectful. I was shocked when he told me about the crime occurring in that area which is practically occupied from beginning to end by his fellow brothers. He told me of his tribes men involvement in robbery, house breaking and car hijacking. Yes I was shocked! But this was coming from a fellow Nigerian who trades on that street. He told me that what I see visually is different from the happenings underground. I asked about the police and why they were not arresting them and he said the police are also in on it and they just come around to collect their 'share' as they give them a certain amount daily.
I am sure that a few Yoruba people are also involved in shady dealings but the name Nigeria is synonymous to drugs and those involved in that line are Nigeria's biggest problem.
Unfortunately, lots of decent well meaning Nigerians both home and away feel the impact of this negative image but the perpetrators who mostly are uneducated and you atimes wonder if they flew here straight from their villages without ever experiencing civilization. They continue with their trade and you can't help but wonder if they ever listen to the news. If you take a drive to those areas even in the midst of all these current event, I promise you they are still going about selling their drugs like nothing is happening.
I personally think Nigerians in South Africa should themselves stand up and speak with one voice and let even the South African public know that Nigeria as a country and people stand against drugs and drug peddlers. A lawyer friend of mine once told me that 98% of Nigerians in SA prisons are ibos and some serving as much as 35yrs sentence and almost all are drug related offenses. By the way, I have ibo friends who are doctors and also some studying at various levels. Infact I meet one last week doing his masters in economics. A good analogy is taking a pinch of dye and pouring it into a big bowl of clean water. When people look into the bowl, all they see is contaminated water. We as Nigerians of all tribes have to fight those dragging our name down by involving in drugs because that is not who we are.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by freeborn76(m): 6:33pm On Feb 23, 2017
ItsMeAboki:

Man you talk sense; if NANS should carry out it illegal threats and destroyed SA businesses, who do they think will be put out of their jobs; thousands of Nigerians employed by these companies and in any case the cost of any damage would eventually be passed on to Nigerian customers; so their proposal is not only silly but counter productive - all they should do is to carry on with their demonstration and urge the govt and relevant organisations put pressure to bear on the SA authorities to reign in their unruly ppl from attacking Nigerians and other foreigners.
Meanwhile, I also agree on the issue of drug pushing; its no secret that many of our brothers out there are into this illicit activity and therefore drawing unwelcomed notoriety to themselves which is further being compounded by brash arrogant attitude of flaunting such ill gotten wealth in the faces of the average downtrodden poor SA and this advantage to take over their women at will; consequently drawing his wrath and envy - this is the main reason for so much hared against Nigerians out there as well as the police brutality we are witnessing against our nationals.

Thanks bro. I am worried that Nigerians generally just react without paying apt attention to issues on ground...it really saddens me.
Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by Limitless72(m): 6:34pm On Feb 23, 2017
freeborn76:

This is one of the fool we are talking about...even if they provide legit jobs here that shouldn't be at the detriment of nigerians life over there....nd u talking of drug peddling aren't any south african practising such over there why them no kill am and burn im houses or aint there any whitee over there involved in drug peddling...so mr man stop all this ur excuses and face reality...We saved their fucking ass and made them what they are today so they should be fucking grateful for that...they should embrace nigerians and stop the xenophobic killing....e get one adage we talk sey "If pikin say he sabi die, him
papa sef go tell am say him sabi
bury"....
Re: Nigeria Students To South Africans: Vacate From Nigeria Before 48 Hrs - Vanguard by greggng: 6:34pm On Feb 23, 2017
freeborn76:

Mr over sabi. What happen to rule of law? If they ve evidence that Nigerians are doing ilegit business, why nt charge them to court and jail them if convicted. I put it to you that u were not making a point and I blamed all those clicking like for u. You guys re the reason why our leaders treat us like play thing.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today / 24 Sins Committed By Jonathan, Wike And PDP - APC / Soldiers Pose With Terrorist's Dead Body After Repelling Boko Haram Attack. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.